• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

How did everyone get into psychedelics?

well i got into psychedelics when iwas 14 i found about a quarted sheet of some bomb lsd in my brothers room. i took like 10 hits of them, got my ass kicked for it later lol. i lived in a household where my dad and brother always had some really good weed and start taking some for myself when i was 11. i was always curious about lsd by lisening to jimmy hendricks and the door plus woodstock had come back i forgot what year not the last one where everone burned the place down.
anyways me and 2 freind tried 2 hits each and after 90mins of nothing i tripped the hardest i have ever tripped in my life. i never really could find lsd after pickard got busted and extasy was in big i diddnt get into extascy at all during the early 2000s thank god. but now with stuff like ald52 available we are truly blessed at this period in time. it seems that the use of lsd is becoming more acceptable after all the synthetic replacment have had such bad side effects not to mention deaths. I hope they stay legal but i doubt it so stocking up is what i will do.

Damn 10 hits for your first time at only 14 years old? I took 5 one day and freaked out so bad I had to wake my dad up because I was thought the universe was collapsing inside my mind. It was intense.

I watched a video in 8th grade that was explaining to everyone the dangers of drugs.
Well, when they started to explain LSD in the video, and talking about hallucinating. That did it for me. curiosity led me to The best learning experience of my life. Thank you, Bowdich Elementary.

i started smoking cannabis. early high school. found it had some very trippy effects - especially early in my experiments. they intrigued me; especially the effects of, say, listening to certain kinds of music on weed. my dad's beatles records, for example.
at first the "LSD makes you crazy" propaganda scared me...but that gets a bit diluted when you try other drugs and start questioning them and seeking out information of your own.

cannabis made psychedelics seem more enticing, and i finally had the chance to try LSD a few years later - i think i was 16. loved it, but wouldn't advice other people take acid so young.
any younger than 16 would be a bad idea; waiting until you're older than 16 would be advisable.
Enjoyed it more than MDMA (90s pills) - so my drug exploration went down a psychedelic path for some time.

got to try shrooms and DMT (weak changa) a few years later; actually bought them from a store - having won the trust of the proprietor.
crystal DMT was a different experience again, a little after that. not for the faint-hearted; but truly incredible.
the first shrooms i tasted were truffles, i then grew p. cubensis for a while. When i tried psilocybe subaeruginosa (which grow in the cooler regions of australia) they were quite a bit stronger than cubes. nice.

eventually got to play with mescaline (via cacti i grew/procured) and a few other more exotic things; DPT, the substituted tryptamines, psychedelic phenethylamines and such. I liked a few of the 2C-x drugs, and mescaline analogues - but to me acid and tryptamines are the best.

Only thing i'd really advise - apart from avoiding NBOMe/NBOH members of the psychedelic extended family - is to ignore the notion of "heroic doses". high doses have their place - but there really is nothing heroic about it. just take what you are comfortable with, and if you're not familiar with the substance in question - start low.

i learned - the hard way - to respect these drugs a lot. approach them without due caution and they will teach you why.
these days i trip very rarely. as an occasional treat, or a psychologically deliberate perspective-changer; "clearing out the cobwebs".

My first couple times buying what I thought was "acid" was actually NBome or whatever the heck it is and it seems like most people I personally know still think it was legit lSD to this day. I soon found real LSD thankfully and that's what really got me into psychedelics. I have had experiences with LSD, shrooms, Molly, and DMT. I really want to try mescaline though.

I'm starting to learn to respect these drugs. Lately though I have been taking acid very frequently but am gonna try to take a month break at least.

My sociology instructor my first year of college is very big on psychedelics and having conversations with him is what got me so much more interested in them.

Went to high school with the son of a popular rock guitarist... he had the hookups.

On a more personal level, I got into psychedelics because I grew up with a thirst for adventure that was impossible to sate with a normal middle-class American life. It felt far too mundane. Tripping was my way of shaking things up a bit.

What led me to psychedelics? weed. But what made me want to do it was to open my mind and attempt to figure out more about the world and myself.

I found out about psychedelics thanks to my school's anti drug program :D

Everyone had to research and do a presentation on a certain drug, mine was lsd. I was interesting in it right from the start and after actually researching it, I knew it was something I had to try. As soon as I found a source I started using. I've tried other psychedelics before I tried acid but lsd specifically has always been both the one I was most eager to try and my favorite.

Heh, I've always been interested in psychedelics. As a kid, as soon as I found out that LSD existed I wanted to try it. Took me a while, but you need to take your time in deciding whether you want to use psychedelics or not.

Same, was always interested in altered states of consciousness. When I found out about LSD I knew I had to try it, and eventually when I was 16 I found it :D

Am I the only person who thinks people should be a few years older when they first experience psychedelics? Let's be a good example on here.

14 year olds shouldn't experiment with psychedelics at all.

Me and several other responsible psychedelic users advocate 21 as a good starting point. In my society people legally drink alcohol and smoke marijuana at 21. These are good rules.

I can't really say why I got into psychedelics or any drug from that matter. I do remember when I was in my pre-teens that I had a fascination with drugs in general. When I was 13, I tried alcohol for the first time - plum wine that dad had made and was still sitting in the carboy ready to be siphoned off. A few years later when I was 16 I got into ritalin - which was easy to get since in was previously prescribe that years earlier for ADHD (or at least so I was "diagnosed" as having); I was crushing those pill up and snorting them and getting a mild euphoric effect but I also ended up mixing that with alcohol and getting a more euphoric drunk kind of high. Later in the summer when I was using ritalin, I snuck out at night and tried to buy meth - I am so thankful that the guy never returned and that I never ended up trying it. These were also years where I was suppressing how I felt pertaining to my gender identity.

When I was 18/19 - 2nd year of university - I tried marijuana for the first time and enjoyed it but there were a few times where the identity that I was trying to suppress would creep into the peak of my highs. There were a few occasions during the peak of the high where I would think, "I feel like a woman." But, I tried to ignore those thoughts as much as I could.

In my early 20's I was then curious about magic mushrooms. I got my hands on some fresh ones after 2 months :) and it was a beautiful experience. But, then I ended up eating mushrooms on a regular basis (and smoking weed with it - wow is all I can say to those experiences); I was using mushrooms for the wrong reasons, to try to escape from the reality that I was suppressing. Instead of escaping that reality, one night it brought me to the breaking point, a literal mental breakdown, where I was no longer able to ignore the thoughts I was trying to run away from. I had a life changing experience that lead me down the path of being true to myself. I don't know if I would have made that leap if it weren't for this experience. After that, I was clean for a while and made some profound changes in my life to live the way I wanted to live my life and not worry about how other people would perceive me; the first year was brutal and lead me back to magic mushrooms - again for the wrong reasons. Things worked out in the end and I am now the happiest I have ever been.

These days, I use psychedelics for the right reasons. I recognized the power that magic mushrooms had on me in the past and I wanted to use psychedelics for introspection as well as new and profound experiences - to learn more about myself, my mind, and the world around me. I also wanted to find different psychedelic substances and try them out to see how my experiences differ on them. Unfortunately, where I live (and still do live) finding these substances was a difficult task; it took me 6 years to finally find LSD and shortly after that I learned of the online markets (this was about 1 year ago - when I was 29). Now that I have access to a world of different substances, I will be looking at trying more - DMT, mescaline, and a handful of others - all for the right reasons :D

To date, LSD has become my favourite substance. I have had some profound experiences on it thus far including overcoming anxiety attacks which I have had for many years. LSD did bring on anxiety attacks predictably after my 4th time using it; prior to that, I had read some literature pertaining to the use of LSD in the treatment of anxiety and depression. I was almost turned away from LSD and all psychedelics due to the anxiety attacks but I used the same dose for several weeks (turned out to be 8 weeks for me) to be able to develop mechanisms to cope with anxiety; after 8 weeks I no longer got anxiety attacks while on LSD nor while I was sober. This is the point where I discovered the power of psychedelics and how they can be used as a tool (in various different capacities) and not just to get fucked up (though that's sometimes fun too - just to have a mental vacation from a long feeling work week :D)

it all started with my first gateway drug....alcohol. After that I wanted to alter myself in every way known

I got interested because life in general can be boring and at the time I had nothing going (11 is a boring year in almost everyones life) so one day I thought fuck it I wanna try drugs

so I started with nutmeg (stupid decision I know) but I didn't get an effect (I figured out later this was a good thing) but then my curiosity intensified and I bought a bag of shrooms (hehehehehehehheheHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA it was AMAZING)

and from then on I experimented with every class of drug I could but to this day DMT,LSD,and shrooms are an amazing part of my life that I use to this day

-streetcow

I found out about psychedelics thanks to my school's anti drug program :D

Everyone had to research and do a presentation on a certain drug, mine was lsd. I was interesting in it right from the start and after actually researching it, I knew it was something I had to try. As soon as I found a source I started using. I've tried other psychedelics before I tried acid but lsd specifically has always been both the one I was most eager to try and my favorite.

lol School and government anti drug programs are a joke if they honestly think it makes a difference they are dead wrong people will get fucked up no matter what!

-streetcow

Am I the only person who thinks people should be a few years older when they first experience psychedelics? Let's be a good example on here.

14 year olds shouldn't experiment with psychedelics at all.

Me and several other responsible psychedelic users advocate 21 as a good starting point. In my society people legally drink alcohol and smoke marijuana at 21. These are good rules.
Yeah but that's not how it works out most times. In a way I wish I would've waited but at the same time I wouldn't give up my experiences extracting mescaline, DMT, and then getting into the 2c-x's. Those times were different than they are now and was a great time to be doing what I did.

It's like telling people they shouldn't be doing heroin really at all except for pain relief. Just because people know this doesn't mean it's going to stop most people.

I read a lot about psychedelics online and it got me very interested, stuff like opening your mind and getting to know yourself seemed pretty cool. My first psychedelic was 2c-b at a music event and it was a truly great experience, I had some crazy closed eye visuals on great music and very interesting thoughts. After that, I got some LSD, went to the beach with friends and we spent the day there, it was one of the best sunsets in my life so far.