• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc How Can We Improve Other Drugs? v. Calling All OD Miscreants

Will try. Sounds like a lot of work every time I come here. Wonder if you can save a search. Thanks.

In the past, if you copy the link after the search, it expired shortly thereafter. If this had been fixed, this link should work (unfortunately it includes bupe because it was being wonky and wouldn't let me select all of them without including bupe. If you can follow the above instruction without bupe and save the link (assuming they expire that should work, or you can easily access it. You could put it in a PM, online document, your profile or anywhere that you find most useful.

Could we possibly make a medically driven sub-forum for all sorts of medical problems? Have it to where you could ask about a medication not meant to fuck you up and get responses, chronic pain that isn't about getting high (I know we have our thread.....), GI problems, Edocrinological problems, Cardiac/Circulatory Problems, Insomnia, Urinary, Neurological, Reproductive, Integumentary, Skeletal, Muscular.

And possibly a dual-diagnosis forum in the psych section.

First off, a dual diagnoses mega thread seems more logical in the appropriate forum than creating a new forum.

I firmly oppose a medical forum. I cringe seeing bad medical advice nearly every day I am on BL and I can't imagine how horrendous it would be to let outsiders and posters the ability to reinforce bad diagnoses (such as by only sharing half the clinical picture, non-professionals speclulating, etc)

Furthermore, I envision it becoming a magnet for hypochondriacs and don't see any HR. Health related questions (to an extent) are discussed elsewhere, and wen inappropriate for a forum are directed to seek medical attention and this seems like it, as a forum, it would create a substantial amount of work with little benefit and a lot of downside.

^ sounds problematic....in the sense that enough people make amateur web-based diagnoses of themselves and one another already nowadays.
I mean...in any serious case, the best - and possibly only medical advice Bluelighters should be giving out over a forum is "seek medical attention".
Like legal advice - but probably moreso - giving out anything more than the simplest medical advice through a drug HR forum goes against much of bluelight's raison d'etre (at least as I see it).

this. beautifully put.

Meaby allowing question that doesnt contain HR value. Sometime I don't know where to post cause its not necessary ADD and its definitely not BBD...

Meaby allowing question that doesnt contain HR value. Sometime I don't know where to post cause its not necessary ADD and its definitely not BBD...

Another forum? ;)

BL is an HR forum! If you don't want to reduce harm through your questions/discussions, there are other drug forums out there. People like BL because intelligent, informed people congregate here but that's BECAUSE it's HR-centric. You can't have it both ways.

When I was suggesting the medical thread, it wasn't for intentions of giving medical advice. If you fully read my post it was for questions about the effects of certain medications for medical problems. For example, a poster who takes Propranolol being started on Prazosin for nightmares and it being answered about how it could kill them by bottoming out their blood pressure. Nothing like "I have pancreatic cancer, should I have surgery, radiation, or chemo to fight it?"

post not worthy of bandwidth said:

Thank you Moderated Poster for contributing absolutely nothing whatsoever and using bandwidth to host the irrelevant rantings that contribute nothing to improving this forum!

Give Mr Scag his mod job back...Well. if he wants it ofc.

What happened to him ?

banhammer from what I know, which isn't much...

I just want to say that for the record, Bluelight Crew status isn't given lightly, it's not something that someone who left in disgrace/banned kind of way.... Mr. S is NOT banned from OD nor do I wish to see him leave it after the warrior he's proven himself to be on the battlefield that is this forum, and yeah, if he was guilty of any BL "crimes" etc, he wouldn't be BL Crew, so don't assume that he just randomly got banned! We all know how much he contributes to the dynamic. :)

I'm around. Planning my next move. ;)

Stay tuned.

Stay strong OD'ers.

Good to hear Scag, you deserve a lot of thanks for ur modn' here.

Best of luck man..

It's up to him what he wants to disclose if anything at all, I liked the statement he gave honestly. Gotta love BL Crew with a plan."

Another forum? ;)

BL is an HR forum! If you don't want to reduce harm through your questions/discussions, there are other drug forums out there. People like BL because intelligent, informed people congregate here but that's BECAUSE it's HR-centric. You can't have it both ways.
well put C2TL!

FTR- I didn't mean banned from forum just mod., ofc, perhaps he just decided to move on.

Also- I hope the post not worthy of bandwidth was not in reference to me.

Last edited:
^ No, but you can post in the social subforums such as NASADD or EADD or the handful of other forums we have that aren't for drug discussion.

^ you're pissed for no good reason.
Rather than get defensive and aggressive, try re-reading the posts (and their replies) from the perspective of the people responding to them.
How is anybody supposed to know what this means -

There are so many different subforums and threads (such as social threads, mentioned above) that a discussion could potentially fit into.
By saying you want to post something that "doesn't contain HR value", it is not unreasonable for people to think you are referring to some inherently dangerous drug-taking practice.
If that isn't what you meant to say (I don't know if English is your first language, or if you just do not write very clearly) - but I would suggest you either misunderstand the "harm reduction" purpose of the site (and what it means) - or you're angry that you have been misunderstood in the question you've posed.

Unless I've also misunderstood you, and you want to talk about huffing butane, necking handfuls random of pills you found in a dumpster or something (ie -doesn't contain HR value) how open-minded do you expect people to be?
Harm reduction is a serious purpose, not some boring, restrictive set of "rules" you have to abide by.

By the way, Cane2theLeft isn't an OD mod these days, if you are going to say things like this -
So now the question is, what is the point of this thread if you are not opened to suggestion ? Will you keep telling me to go away on another forum because OD is for people who harm them self only ?
....then you might want to pay a little closer attention to who you are actually directing your comment at.
Getting pissed off is totally counter-productive in a thread that is asking for people's input.
Remember, moderators are volunteering their time and effort for free to keep this forum running smoothly. If you think you could do a better job, perhaps you should consider doing the same; and if not, you could at least try being civil towards them. In case you haven't discerned it for yourself yet, I'll spell it out - nobody was insulting you.

If it is not clear, what I mean is that we have BBD, ADD where we can post what ever we want as long as the it is BBD or ADD and the intermediate OD is for HR only. Where am I supposed to post intermediate level question that are about knowing a chemical ? Should I just post all this in ADD ?

Zerr, if your post was the one I was talking about, then it would be deleted, and I don't recall deleting any of your posts, and I'm not trying to be an asshole, I just really doubt you are the unworthy of mention person who wrote the unworthy of displaying post because I don't think the post I referenced was written by you unless you sometimes act like a five year old, and I don't think you've acted immaturely. If it matters, I think they had less than 3 posts and registered the account within the last 30 days or something clearly with no intention to use it, AKA someone unworthy of mention, haha.

Quare, I don't know what you mean by "You Guys", let alone the closeminded aspect. I'm sorry that you are upset but I never told you to go anywhere, that my friend, is what I'd call out as ridiculous. Also, I don't know what you seek to gain by saying I am close minded when I hadn't even said anything to you about your opinion here directly, insulting everyone who runs this place is not a way to get me on your side. The point of this thread is self evident in the title.

I don't know how much simpler one might pose the question more basically than "How Can We Improve Other Drugs?"

And in response to making posts here that aren't about HR but don't belong in ADD or BDD, your post in here as I look at it, looks like you have a non-HR narcotic related question or issue that Brutus suggested you use what I agree would be the correct portion of bluelight where a non-HR narcotic related question or issue should go based on how this community is already set up.

Speaking for myself, I volunteer for Bluelight and for Other Drugs. I don't stray far from OD, as I don't have any questions or anything about drugs that I want to see, think about, or discuss, because I don't think that glorifying drug abuse is a positive thing, and because personally with my own use of drugs and where I am in life, I'd rather dedicate the time I have online to the subforum I supervise, which focuses on issues that I find more worthy of my time, the part where I am reminded every single day why it's so damned important for me to overcome my own addictions and minimize the harm that would happen during the abuse of drugs that we all know, drug addicts, tend to do, whether they like it or not anymore.

This is not a place where we want to casually discuss our drug abuse questions that arise while doing something this forum does not encourage and if it were so easy, could get people to NOT use drugs. Your suggestion kind of reminds me of like it could be solved by bringing back the OD Social thread, because the posts that you want to make, used to be made in the OD Social.

We the staff, have made it very clear that the OD Social is gone, that this particular issue is no longer up for debate because it confuses people about what OD is meant to be. I wanted it back too years ago, so we brought it back, and you know what? if anything, it did the opposite of minimizing drug use and harm, and I myself became too comfortable being a drug addict and it made me lose focus on the bigger picture and the core values of the foundation on which this forum was created. Many other people miss it, I miss aspects of it, but it's part of my job to do what I can to try and protect people from the dangers involved with their lifestyles, and I think that how drugs effected my life as it does the majority of addicts who are at the point where there is no longer denying that abusing drugs will ruin your life if you let them, and the majority of us all felt that the hosting this subject matter, despite yes, it being about the same drugs we talk about in here, didn't belong here because it didn't pertain to HR. Which is why the other subforums on bluelight here exist, so no one is telling you to leave the community, just if you have triggering non-HR discussion hosted here, its disrespectful and doesn't help anyone's recovery or reduction in their drug abuse and get some control back in their lives or hopefully see that they are biting off so much more than they can chew. This is a harm reduction focus forum. You're upset because you can't post stuff that the description of what this forum covers says? Copy and pasted the description of the forum is:

"Intermediate level and in-depth harm reduction focused discussion about drugs that aren't covered in other focus forums. Please use N&PD or BDD for more advanced or basic topics, respectively"

I'm sorry I just really don't understand how you're mad that you can't post stuff that this community made designated places for that just, don't happen to be Bluelight > Harm Reduction Focus Forums > Other Drugs. I hope that you can see that no one is asking you to leave Bluelight, I never said you should leave Other Drugs, and I tried to put this as directly as I could.

The point of this thread never was for us to make every change that was suggested, if you think this thread's pointless because we won't make exceptions or change core values of the forum to suit an individual vs the entire community, I'm sorry. We made it so that people could have a more direct place to have a voice than the IMO less effective old way someone would have to going through the Support forum, this way people have direct access to the people like sekio brutus and myself who run this forum, saving time by not having the Support Staff have to be an intermediary as much, I don't know man.

Would you rather us remove the thread? We care about people's input, you say I'm close minded because I don't agree with your alleged improvement to this forum (now that you've heard my response to your suggestion).

If we were so close minded, why would we bother making this thread? I just don't understand why so hostile when I don't think your perspective on our reaction is accurate. Feel free to be pissed off at us, but I don't know what you hope to achieve like that? A little diplomacy can go a long way and is a two way street, you get what you put in..

Another forum? ;)

people are a little more aware then you think when it comes to knowing about other drug forums. You wont understand that now. you might later, or you might not. frankly idc cuz this place blows and im done posting here. fuck this place.

kicking scag off staff is bullshit. this place blows. ill post elsewhere, might browse here but that would be it

^ i can see that it would be bullshit when you don't know the whole (or have only heard one side of the) story.

in short, mr.scagnattie was told that the content and tone of some of his messages was unbecoming a bluelight staff member. he was approached on at least 5 occasions, informed what the problem was and what the expectations were going forward and he chose to disregard. he made a choice and he was removed from staff (as he was warned he would be if he chose to ignore the direction he was being given).

there are many people on staff, myself included, who believe that mr.scagnattie did good work in the od forum and worked hard on behalf of bluelight and hr. but that did not excuse his problematic behavior and he's no longer on staff as a result.

alasdair

^^

Actually, if you want the real story (and this will be deleted I'm sure) I was warned to stop being rude and posting to MEMBERS in an unbecoming way for a staff member. I headed those warnings and had since, been incredibly polite, and all my latest PM's and infractions/warnings the past couple months I was a mod would show that.

I was never warned against speaking out against another member of STAFF, I thought that was our right to voice our opinion, and especially to a member of staff, that had repeatedly targeted me as well. And THAT is what I did. In a staff thread, away from the public of BL, I called out alasdairm on what many have wanted to say for a long long time, he got his feelings hurt, and then used it as an excuse to can me,

Then proceeded to cover it up by having almost every post I made or people made about me telling the real truth, DELETED. So, I was rude and spoke out against ONE person, one STAFF member, and got canned for it. And I wasn't the first.

So alasdair, you can spin whatever fiction you want and do damage control but nobody is buying it and you know that.

But you know what, I could care less now, because now I'm on a site that is not run by hypocrites, liars, and ungrateful admins.

Peace and love all.

Last edited: