• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants How can people stay awake for a week?

When i start my binge, the first night is always horrible and i don't enjoy the high at all, actually i hate to be high and just wait The second night to come. Amphetamine IS the worst, meth is easier for me.
I have used stims almost 20 years on and off. Nowadays i take stims maybe once or twice a month and i must have several grams of amph or at least .75 Crystal meth to "complete" my binges, i want to stay up several days and want to really exhaust myself before sleep, i can't or want to sleep not feeling satisfied with being awake long enough. It's not very good for health or mental health but when i do binge those almost a week long binges, i feel fully satisfied and not want to take stims for a long time. Actually If i must choose to take some stim only one Day and night i'd say no thanks.
I can really relate to what you say about not wanting to go to sleep and get really exhausted and so on, i have exactly the same thing!

However, i dont really fully enjoy it, the longer it takes the more it turns into suffering, but somehow and for some reason i to some extent find some sick type of joy in that suffering, in being completely exhausted and sleep deprived... the only way i know to try to explain this more clearly is to in some ways compare it to a very intense and long lasting sportive work out by which all your muscles hurt like hell, you are out of breath and completely exhausted yet feeling actually satisfaction due to all of this... it really is something curious...

I stayed up close to 2 weeks on Dex years ago and really didn't start to feel the effects until my last day or so. It got to the point it was pretty obvious I was completely out of touch with reality.

Now I have to crash after about 3 or 4 days. I actually used to (and probably still would) enjoy pushing myself to the limit but now it's like my basic survival instincts take over and my brain literally forces me to sleep

I stayed up for 13 nights in a row withdrawing from methadone and Xanax in jail. I didn't even hallucinate, see shadow people or hear voices. I mean I was bat shit crazy laying on that cold ass metal bed, with the lights on 24-7 with almost nothing to read but the bible but that was more of an emotional delerium.

Though sleep deprivation plays a part in people's hallucinating, hearing, seeing shadow people I believe it's mostly caused by the drug itself. I had a friend that it would happen to immediately after the first shot of cocaine. No fail, everytime. At the window, looking out the blinds with a butcher knife in a dark room, calling the cops because people are climbing on his shed and shit like that. On the first night.... After just 1 or 2 shots, or hits off the crack pipe.

It happened to me once because I had to swallow a large amount of meth when some roommates tried to set me up in a controlled buy with the police. That set off the worst and only real shadow people experience I've ever had and that was the first night I was up, so it's not the sleep deprivation that does that to people.

I also believe that once it happens to you you're always more prone to having it happen again because my friend said he used to be able to stay up all night getting high without it happening till it did on one binge. Then it happened more frequently and sooner into the binges till any amount now does it to him almost immediately.

I believe him because after that traumatic event and paranoia offset a shadow people experience in me, now any stimulant I take causes it to start happening to a lesser degree so I never want to push it any further and infact I refuse to ever use stims again because of it.

I bought Fent laced with meth once and did a dukes of Hazzard going 90mph off a hwy exit because I thought undercover cops were following me. Never again.

Last edited:
Simply cannot pull more than 2 or 3 nights. Back in the golden days lol I would stay up 4-5ish days. I know a Friend who is on a binge of Meff and he pulled about 5 days.

During withdrawals I've gone a week with maybe 90 minutes of "sleep" (if I can even call it that) with no hallucinations.

On meth after about 72 hours shit gets real and I start hallucinating quantum physics.

All I’ll do now is 72 hours. Used to do more, a week or 10 days but even then after five days I’d randomly nod out for ten or fifteen minutes. After three complete days I start losing everything that’s still in my pockets or hands, hearing bluegrass and voices coming from fans and start to believe I’ve got to “read between the lines” of anything someone says to me.

All I’ll do now is 72 hours. Used to do more, a week or 10 days but even then after five days I’d randomly nod out for ten or fifteen minutes. After three complete days I start losing everything that’s still in my pockets or hands, hearing bluegrass and voices coming from fans and start to believe I’ve got to “read between the lines” of anything someone says to me.
72 hours is still a long time with no sleep. Once these side-effects start occurring, they can become more rapid; like it starts happening on day two, then on day one and the reading between the lines thing can become more than just conversational, but reading into situations too.

I've known people who were fine for years, but missed the stop sign when the negatives started to outweigh the positives so I'm really not trying to scare-monger, it's just the things you're talking about could be early warning signs that I wish people in my circle were more aware of when we were younger.

I did it with a huge quantities of amphetsmine sulphate, mdna and cocaine. I may microsleep that week but I had major stumulant induced psychosis from which not competent or mal3volent (or both) psychiatrist invented 5 yerstrugke with "schizophrenia". The diagnosis was void after in life by true osychological testing that involved 3 psychiatrists and 2 psychologists in one room for more than an hour. But the binge, although fun and even psychosis was on the devine side where I was imersed i reality that we are all one playing chess and calling it good and bad, but the society didnt seem to like that i didn't hate, had goals to accomplish or was willing to do so "just because" felt appropriate to ask me to sign papers that I am willing to go 3 week evaluation in mental hospital. They (even my parents) lied that I will be out in 3 weeks cause I was no threat for myself or others, but immediately proceed with restraints, alone in room, beaten cause I was untying myself abd so on... As I felt like life was living me I didn't feel pain niether first and second gen. "anti psychotics" could knock me out for more than an hour...and that enraged "the authorities" so I was kept for 3 months after I finaly had to say "I have schizophrenia, you are right". The password for letting me out of the hospital, like communist Chinese method of brainwashing by torture...just I didn't believe it, I just played akong in the end cause it was no longer fun and I wasn't in the same state of bliss anymore. But I digress. As usual. 🤣

also believe that once it happens to you you're always more prone to having it happen again because my friend said he used to be able to stay up all night getting high without it happening till it did on one binge. Then it happened more frequently and sooner into the binges till any amount now does it to him almost immediately.
Well, it happened to me and I never had psychotic break again even though I had many stimulant or stimulant+psychedelic binges that spaned for 3-4 nights without sleep. If things became weird I knew it was drugs and lack of rest so I never panicked. So there is always an exception to "the rule". 🙃

P.S. I dont do stimulants anymore. They just fell off from my radar of interesting things. I did them until 2 or 3 years and only methylphenidate on and off for adhd I guess. At least they prescribed it to me after mentioned psychometric testing. Now that's ironic. Life certainly has a sense of humour. 🤣

72 hours is still a long time with no sleep. Once these side-effects start occurring, they can become more rapid; like it starts happening on day two, then on day one and the reading between the lines thing can become more than just conversational, but reading into situations too.

I've known people who were fine for years, but missed the stop sign when the negatives started to outweigh the positives so I'm really not trying to scare-monger, it's just the things you're talking about could be early warning signs that I wish people in my circle were more aware of when we were younger.
I know what you’re saying. The final time I really suffered any notable psychosis was in prison. Voices in the vent plotting. Turns out they were actually talking about taking one of their own people off the yard, not me. But believe me I paid for what I did both from a spending time in seg and in the violation I had from my own. Have not gone past 3 days since then. And maybe this is bad, but I kind of like the music and eerie stuff that comes from any white noise producing source. Regardless, I do the best I can to take care of myself but I know the shit isn’t good for me and I’ll probably be in over my head before I realize my feet are wet. But so it goes…..

I've known people who were fine for years, but missed the stop sign when the negatives started to outweigh the positives so I'm really not trying to scare-monger, it's just the things you're talking about could be early warning signs that I wish people in my circle were more aware of when we w

For the second time in my life, a year or so ago I quit my job, and willingly gave up my house because my IV use had overtaken my body and mind. Shards just kept appearing in my spoon. I rarely had to pay. It was easy to get carried away because my partner was somehow oblivious to my use! I was up for 5-6 days on occasions and things always got super weird at that point. Things happened that changed me forever. For me the paranoia really hit around day 3. Part of me enjoyed that thrill, the power of the fear that overcame me from the simplest of shadows and noises etc. I once laid in bed for hours trembling in fear with a pistol pointed at a shadow. Horror unfolds in the depths of sleep deprivation...

Back when I was a heavy user I would do 4-6 days on 1 off. Continuously for quite a while, still holding down full time work, relationships etc.