• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants How can people stay awake for a week?

MephedroneCandy

Bluelighter
No matter if it is mephedrone or amphetamine I can't not feel bad after a night or so even with unlimited quantities.

I just did 3 nights on meth (which I've done many times) but that's my limit. This afternoon I simply passed out while looking at something online. Things get pretty funky after 2 nights and my vision starts to do weird things. I've never hallucinated as such, but stuff starts to move which I know is not moving. It's not much fun and as @MephedroneCandy said, it doesn't matter how much I have.

I do have a friend who's done 9 days (and he doesn't lie). That's using it IV, whereas I've only ever smoked it. He was still capable of doctoring others apparently, which is pretty amazing considering I find it hard to make a cup of coffee.

I just did 3 nights on meth (which I've done many times) but that's my limit. This afternoon I simply passed out while looking at something online. Things get pretty funky after 2 nights and my vision starts to do weird things. I've never hallucinated as such, but stuff starts to move which I know is not moving. It's not much fun and as @MephedroneCandy said, it doesn't matter how much I have.

I do have a friend who's done 9 days (and he doesn't lie). That's using it IV, whereas I've only ever smoked it. He was still capable of doctoring others apparently, which is pretty amazing considering I find it hard to make a cup of coffee.
I agree, after 3 nights it's all downhill.

yeah 72 hours is when the sleep deprivation hallucinations really pop off

but I always have to consciously choose to sleep, if there are more drugs I'm tempted to stay up and do them.

6 days is the longest I've gone, at that point you just feel broken and psychotic

I've stayed up 12 days on mephedrone before. I didn't on purpose to see how long I could go without sleep.

I was using over 20 grams a week back then though.
When people ask me how much meth I did back when things got real bad. I always say, "As much as I could, for as long as I could". Day 8+ of no sleep is a very unique experience.

When people ask me how much meth I did back when things got real bad. I always say, "As much as I could, for as long as I could". Day 8+ of no sleep is a very unique experience.
hey welcome to BL, wheff i couldnt go more than a night drug induced on meth, saw smoke like hallucinations, i dont sleep well sober but atleast i get a few hours, regardless, hope you enjoy BL`ers and the HR and other education

Well, I made it to about 100 hours from not a stimulant... but PREDNISONE, a corticosteroid. One that is banned from any athletic performances for good reason, you develop unlimited stamina.

I had to take this for an allergic reaction to doxycycline which I'd taken for acne when I was 18. My doctor said "you might have some trouble sleeping" and I already had mild insomnia... by day 3 I was seeing weird black lines forming in my perephial vision and laughing my ass off for no reason at school. I broke the cycle when I went over to a friends to smoke a joint the next day. I got extra geeked out from that one, freestyling about NBA Jam for some reason, then I went home and slept for 12 hours without waking up once. Thankfully it was a snow day, but then I still had another day of prednisone, so I stayed up all night and then went on my senior class trip, physically exhausting myself all day, but not feeling tired.

That's what's very unusual about steroids: you can feel mentally exhausted by physically unstoppable. 3 days no sleep? No problem, you can still perform any physical activity at your normal level. But you'll feel like you're going mad. Fortunately I passed tf that night and had no other trouble sleeping through what went on as an amazing, memorable, and ultimately disastrous class trip that left half of us suspended lol (luckily I wasn't even though I'd been drinking. I was never known as a trouble maker so I got off easy). To think that was 10 years ago...

Well, I made it to about 100 hours from not a stimulant... but PREDNISONE, a corticosteroid. One that is banned from any athletic performances for good reason, you develop unlimited stamina.

I had to take this for an allergic reaction to doxycycline which I'd taken for acne when I was 18. My doctor said "you might have some trouble sleeping" and I already had mild insomnia... by day 3 I was seeing weird black lines forming in my perephial vision and laughing my ass off for no reason at school. I broke the cycle when I went over to a friends to smoke a joint the next day. I got extra geeked out from that one, freestyling about NBA Jam for some reason, then I went home and slept for 12 hours without waking up once. Thankfully it was a snow day, but then I still had another day of prednisone, so I stayed up all night and then went on my senior class trip, physically exhausting myself all day, but not feeling tired.

That's what's very unusual about steroids: you can feel mentally exhausted by physically unstoppable. 3 days no sleep? No problem, you can still perform any physical activity at your normal level. But you'll feel like you're going mad. Fortunately I passed tf that night and had no other trouble sleeping through what went on as an amazing, memorable, and ultimately disastrous class trip that left half of us suspended lol (luckily I wasn't even though I'd been drinking. I was never known as a trouble maker so I got off easy). To think that was 10 years ago...
i was given it for bronchitis as a young one and it made me strong like bull!

hey welcome to BL, wheff i couldnt go more than a night drug induced on meth, saw smoke like hallucinations, i dont sleep well sober but atleast i get a few hours, regardless, hope you enjoy BL`ers and the HR and other education
Thank you for the welcome. Been around a long time before this account. I have been known by other names in the past.

My now deceased boyfriend, RIP RGR!, suffered from asthma beginning age 6. He spent countless days and nights at the ER for asthma attacks. The MD's always
prescribed Prednisone, usually in a blister pack to be titrated down over the course of maybe 10 days or so. He fucking hated that stuff. He would dose for 2 or 3 days, just to build up some in his body and then toss the rest. This went on his entire life. Yes, it helped him through the worst of the attacks. But he was fucking wired for sound every night. Stayed up trying to read, but so tired and he couldn't shut it off. Walked around with perpetual circles under his eyes. It also made
him eat like he had a hole in his stomach. This was the worst part for him. He gained 90lbs. Oh, and it made him moody AF. Like, he was normally such a chill
guy. Prednisone made him miserable. I am quite sure this was the precursor to his heroin use. The dope relaxed his body enough to allow some sleep and he started dropping weight rather quickly, which made him happy. But the dope ultimately killed him. Theophylline is some nasty shit too. I believe that one is def
discontinued.

I did another 3 days and last night I was ratshit. Crying and anxious as hell but still didn't want to lie down. I fell asleep as soon as I did and feel normal-ish now. I'm tempted to go buy more today but thankfully money's a factor (meth is way more expensive in Australia).

But how anyone does a week+ I don't know. Maybe I could if I wasn't so neurotic. But I think of babies and how they get when they're tired. That's our natural state so you know, what we do on stimulants is pretty whacked.

I did another 3 days and last night I was ratshit. Crying and anxious as hell but still didn't want to lie down. I fell asleep as soon as I did and feel normal-ish now. I'm tempted to go buy more today but thankfully money's a factor (meth is way more expensive in Australia).

But how anyone does a week+ I don't know. Maybe I could if I wasn't so neurotic. But I think of babies and how they get when they're tired. That's our natural state so you know, what we do on stimulants is pretty whacked.
my baby boy(gran) gets sooooooo tired some times he gets manic, fights sleep, so reminds me of a bender, i have anxiety, so glad i hate speed, i can get loads just a short jog away, glad yah feel lil better, youre like me mask it well online, our pains
aint nobody got time for that GIF

my baby boy(gran) gets sooooooo tired some times he gets manic, fights sleep, so reminds me of a bender, i have anxiety, so glad i hate speed, i can get loads just a short jog away, glad yah feel lil better, youre like me mask it well online, our pains
aint nobody got time for that GIF

I turn into a little kid when I'm like that. I get a teddy bear and lie there crying and telling myself out loud "it's ok". It's pathetic lol, but it's better than abusing everyone that says anything I remotely dislike, which I feel like doing. But I'm like kids that refuse to go to bed, which as an adult drives me nuts. I'm aware of it and *know* I need to just lie down and close my eyes, but I procrastinate for hours online and my eyesight is fucked by then and I can't type properly so it's just crazy.

I can maintain a cycle of 48 hours awake on meth followed by 6-8 hours of forced sleep for a couple of weeks but around the month mark the meth starts putting me to sleep rather than amping me up.

For me 72 hours awake brings with it too many mental health risks.

My now deceased boyfriend, RIP RGR!, suffered from asthma beginning age 6. He spent countless days and nights at the ER for asthma attacks. The MD's always
prescribed Prednisone, usually in a blister pack to be titrated down over the course of maybe 10 days or so. He fucking hated that stuff. He would dose for 2 or 3 days, just to build up some in his body and then toss the rest. This went on his entire life. Yes, it helped him through the worst of the attacks. But he was fucking wired for sound every night. Stayed up trying to read, but so tired and he couldn't shut it off. Walked around with perpetual circles under his eyes. It also made
him eat like he had a hole in his stomach. This was the worst part for him. He gained 90lbs. Oh, and it made him moody AF. Like, he was normally such a chill
guy. Prednisone made him miserable. I am quite sure this was the precursor to his heroin use. The dope relaxed his body enough to allow some sleep and he started dropping weight rather quickly, which made him happy. But the dope ultimately killed him. Theophylline is some nasty shit too. I believe that one is def
discontinued.
Damn rest in piece, sorry to hear :(
In my case it was a little more extreme and it probably didn't need to be. I was given 100mg a day for about a week (it was an extremely severe allergic reaction), blister packs have you start at like 50 and then it's reducing 10mg a day. I was lucky I didn't have extreme mood swings when I was on it in high school, but I wasn't so lucky last December when I took it for a mere 3 days at 50mg. I was having uncontrollable crying spells and anxiety, and I've had a valium habit ever since. Yeah... I don't doubt your bf may have turned to dope after his experiences. I was then given a taper pack 3 weeks later by my ENT (this was all for sinuses) and neither of them helped. The taper pack had me just about as bad, and I needed my valium upped. I'm still on it, and I want to get off soon. It's just been a horribly stressful year. But I'm really sorry to hear about your boyfriend. Prednisone is some fucked up shit. They should NEVER prescribe it to people with a history of moodiness without some sort of anxiety medication even if it's at a low dose, period.

I've been up doing MDMA as long as I've been up doing meth. 3-4 days max. for both.

I've done 9 days on MDPV and I already mentioned 12 on 4-MMC.

9 days up smoking PV is crazy. If you haven't tried it by now, don't. If you think PV is ok read up on John Macafee. I've been through my own shit along those lines and it was definitely because of PV, too.

Just don't do it folks.

I usually don't believe people when they say they've gone a ridiculously long time without sleep. I've heard people claim they've gone like 20+ days. Maybe they went that long with only a bit of sleep. But I find it highly unlikely there was no sleep whatsoever.

One night, I'm okay, two nights, things are getting a bit weird, three nights I'm literally so fucked up. One time I stayed up 3 whole nights and went in for a 4 hour shift at work. I was hoping to just keep my head down but it turned out it was my 3 or 4 year anniversary and my manager made a big deal about it and called everyone over, gave me a pin and took a picture. hahaha. I look so fucked up in that picture.

Anyway 3 whole nights is about as far as I can go before no matter how much meth I do I will crash for a while. But 4 hours of sleep or so and I can be back at it.

I'm not sure I ever hit the full 7 day mark.
But I definitely did the following stats thousands of times :
Cystal Meth + Yaa Baa + Alcohol : 5/6 days
Crack + Coke + Alcohol : 5/6 days
Both with Benzos on tap (this was when Nitrazepam were called Moggies (Mogadon))
EDIT and often with DF118's all over the place....remember when DHC came in 40mg? (UK) :)

I think that added mix of benzos and opiods created, for me anyway, this kind of state that you wouldn't go to sleep anyway, especially mixed with alcohol and Class A's. We used to take them to stay awake, not to go to sleep.

And also you ask "How" which is a good point, are you sitting in a room with the drugs being delivered and the party never left one place? For me, yes that would definitely happen a lot especially if someone had access to a "nicer" place or bigger place with more rooms.
I also played a hell of a lot of snooker for 20 years, and I became very close friends with the owner of the local snooker club who himself wasn't shy of indulgence, I cleaned the snooker tables for him, so I'd never pay to play snooker either, and a bar tab a long as your arm but often drinks were just given. And the snooker sessions would go on for like 5 or 6 days no sleep like I say thousands of times. Often we'd go hunting fucking miles for the right gear like every single person on this forum has, so all those little bus/subway journeys all added to the activity and kept energy high, crack pipe hits on the back of the bus after scoring etc. Hell I miss those days, I regret none of it.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not sure I ever hit the full 7 day mark.
But I definitely did the following stats thousands of times :
Cystal Meth + Yaa Baa + Alcohol : 5/6 days
Crack + Coke+ Alcohol : 5/6 days
Both with benzos on tap.

And also you ask "How" which is a good point, are you sitting in a room with the drugs being delivered and the party never left one place? For me, yes that would definitely happen a lot especially if someone had access to a "nicer" place or bigger place with more rooms.
I also played a hell of a lot of snooker for 20 years, and I became very close friends with the owner of the local snooker club who himself wasn't shy of indulgence, I cleaned the snooker tables for him, so I'd never pay to play snooker either, and a bar tab a long as your arm but often drinks were just given. And the snooker sessions would go on for like 5 or 6 days no sleep like I say thousands of times. Often we'd go hunting fucking miles for the right gear like every single person on this forum has, so all those little bus/subway journeys all added to the activity and kept energy high, crack pipe hits on the back of the bus after scoring etc. Hell I miss those days, I regret none of it.
hippy flower(think it was her, i havent slept , so cognitive decline) spoke of a film called AWAKE, its fiction of course but the film spoke of death do to no sleep. cant be true. but ist`splained of organ failure and everything, people staying awake for weeks on end seems impossible, but i know theres no reason for falsehoods from them