• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants How can people stay awake for a week?

I've been up doing MDMA as long as I've been up doing meth. 3-4 days max. for both.
@simstim I just want to say you are a mad dog. :) Gobble MDMA for days and seem just as chipper on the off days. But you are a good example of someone that can slam stimulants and never mention depression. God Bless you my brother! (and then the landing gear doesn't show up but that does not stop you!)

Me? I took a few black beauties in high school, a few ritalins in programmer school and took a smidgen of meth once. lol No real stimulant experience. Other than that I read a thread where people stay up for days with horror. lol I mean I know the body gets rest just laying down. But the mind needs to blink out. It is a good example of the breaks that we need in this hard life we all live. Nature knew we needed breaks to recharge.

You need determination and self-destructive tendencies.
I think in we all do this in different ways. Some sleep, some stay awake. Staying awake seems painful but I guess the euphoria carries a person.

I for sure would have fallen into meth. It did not seem to be anywhere near me in NY. Probably for the better though. It was all over southern California though. PCP was all over everwhere but no meth that I knew of.

I think in we all do this in different ways. Some sleep, some stay awake. Staying awake seems painful but I guess the euphoria carries a person.
Very true. I never found staying awake on amphetamine to be painful. Until that one day when it was and it broke me.
It's a surreal feeling when you're pushing four, five, six days without sleeping and reality itself just flickers like a broken fluorescent light.

hippy flower(think it was her, i havent slept , so cognitive decline) spoke of a film called AWAKE, its fiction of course but the film spoke of death do to no sleep. cant be true. but ist`splained of organ failure and everything, people staying awake for weeks on end seems impossible, but i know theres no reason for falsehoods from them
So is it the most recent (2021) version of "Awake" you both watched? because I can see a 2007 version, which I could match a couple of ideas to the bersion in your post, and the one furthest from your description is a 2019 version.

Good question... I've never made it to a week, 5days is my record because just gets to sketchy after 3days.

A old friend did tell me he stayed up for 20days when he was first starting, he said he kept losing track of time and didn't know you could stay up for days. The way he discribed it makes me think he did lol

Used to do 4 or 5 days when on crank i would then crash out for a day wake up do it again. By day 4 you really a zombie i remember 5 days a wake having a wank in my room looking out my window and seeing 12 k9 unit cars shit my self had crank in my hand ready to flush paranoia . When i drove truck i would 3 trips from redding to LA 3 days i know it a stupid thing to do but half the truckers were on it used to shit ourselves if had to pull in to weigh stations when open

@simstim I just want to say you are a mad dog. :) Gobble MDMA for days and seem just as chipper on the off days. But you are a good example of someone that can slam stimulants and never mention depression. God Bless you my brother! (and then the landing gear doesn't show up but that does not stop you!)

Me? I took a few black beauties in high school, a few ritalins in programmer school and took a smidgen of meth once. lol No real stimulant experience. Other than that I read a thread where people stay up for days with horror. lol I mean I know the body gets rest just laying down. But the mind needs to blink out. It is a good example of the breaks that we need in this hard life we all live. Nature knew we needed breaks to recharge.
I end up staying awake for days on end when I am on meth but it is entirely inadvertent. I just keep going and it never occurs to me to stop. Time flies by the sun rises and bang another day happens. I think I am on day 4 at least but it could just as well be day 6. To answer the w question from a Stim user or Tweaker perspective call it what you will. People stay up for days on end because they are lost in the temporal and because they can.

I've never made it more than 4 days without needing sleep. Generally I go 2 days max. After 2 days, I start seeing things and things get real weird. I dunno how people make it past the 4 day mark, or if anyone really does. I knocked out the moment I sat down after 4 days of being awake.

When the first year I started doing this about 13 years ago, I stayed up for 9 fucking days and went to two jobs I was working every day.
It got to the point I almost couldn't form words to my boss, and I got scared to death.
Not a clue how I did it.

I've managed a week straight not from any drugs but from random insomnia that popped up outta nowhere and had me worried for my life towards the end of it,
It left as quickly as it came so no frigging clue why it happened.

The longest I've ever gone was 4 days. Then Jmi started seeing the shadow people. I made a promise not to do any longer than that. Recent I did it again and I was not having a good time. In rehab people always used to talk about staying awake for 14 days straight and I just can't fathom it.

I rarely will ever go more than 2 days without sleep these days. Sleep just always takes hold at some point, it helps if you're not doing methamphetamine or pyrovalerones though. Even w/ the pyro's the most I'd stay up would be 3-4 days. Shit always gets weird as fuck by that point. No bueno, no good juju to be found there, typically. Get your sleep, hydrate yourself and get plenty of nourishment. The body is only meant to be pushed so far.

I actually have A problem regarding this with a friend that only ever did small amounts of coke and smoked hash but hè never was present in the drug scene, now Just like atm im regularly up for 8 days in a row on amps and i cant roll joints anymore OR Cook, cause i forget what in doing and IT all Burns, i cant watch tv anymore due to impaired memory and focus, and so on, my Friend thinks this really extreme and hè does not believe all ppl experience this doing what i do, hè thinks i cant handle amps, and hè is right i cant handle these things, but everyone experiences this and many ppl even experience way more extreme things than me, IT really frustrated me that hè thinks other ppl wouldnt suffer this ...

This maybe sounds odd but If i do not stay up at least 3 nights with decent amount stim of choice (meth or amph or both), i get horrible crash and the first night is always f...ng horrible (i'm anxious, jittery, frustrated, antisocial, depressed and feel like shit) but The second Day/night is much more euphoric and "normal" stimulation. 3rd night gets things really started for me and i start to really enjoy my high and feeling happy and relaxed, i'm always seeing/hearing things but they don't bother me at all, 4th and 5th nights are quite The same, i'm very energetic and do a lots of things, clean My House, talk to friends, play Xbox, read, go outside..
But The 6th night i start to come tired, and hyperactive, can't focus very well. But i can stay up one More night, rarely want to anymore.
Usually i eat proteins and drink mineral water while awake, but when i wish to quit the binge i'll eat carbs and some sugary stuff and fall asleep like a baby. Usually sleeping 6 to 10 hours and wake up feeling great. No crash, no hangover etc. The tiredness and lethargy comes slowly prior few days and sleeping and eating always helps.

This maybe sounds odd but If i do not stay up at least 3 nights with decent amount stim of choice (meth or amph or both), i get horrible crash and the first night is always f...ng horrible (i'm anxious, jittery, frustrated, antisocial, depressed and feel like shit) but The second Day/night is much more euphoric and "normal" stimulation. 3rd night gets things really started for me and i start to really enjoy my high and feeling happy and relaxed, i'm always seeing/hearing things but they don't bother me at all, 4th and 5th nights are quite The same, i'm very energetic and do a lots of things, clean My House, talk to friends, play Xbox, read, go outside..
But The 6th night i start to come tired, and hyperactive, can't focus very well. But i can stay up one More night, rarely want to anymore.
Usually i eat proteins and drink mineral water while awake, but when i wish to quit the binge i'll eat carbs and some sugary stuff and fall asleep like a baby. Usually sleeping 6 to 10 hours and wake up feeling great. No crash, no hangover etc. The tiredness and lethargy comes slowly prior few days and sleeping and eating always helps.
Hello, i find it very interesting what you say and i enjoyed reading it, in some weird way i still can relate to you, i say still cause i started reading and rather soon chiered thats exactly my deal!!! However, regarding this i cheered too soon and really very sudden it turned the opposite way...

I also cant go asleep at the first night (not even several nights later for that matter), for mostly but not entirely the same reasons as you, it drives me crazy and after enough nights it starts turning to horror and thats usually around night five, i always go 8 nights, earlyer than that i can not sleep, from amps, and i am non stop tweaking and super hyperactive...

It really is quite a hard time for me after having had a wild life and not being a teen anymore since already way too to to stay up 8 days and nights in a row, its not something i want but cant escape the last few yrs, i always go from monday till monday, then finally take a good amount of strong sleeping pills and i just zone out, the light suddenly goes out, and believe it or not i always only need a few hrs of sleep after such a binge and i feel fully recovered both mentally as well as physically, in a way and to some extent this fasccines me - tho not all entirely - cause it seems to me this severely deviates from what is (considered) normal... (wtf is normal??!!)

Hello, i find it very interesting what you say and i enjoyed reading it, in some weird way i still can relate to you, i say still cause i started reading and rather soon chiered thats exactly my deal!!! However, regarding this i cheered too soon and really very sudden it turned the opposite way...

I also cant go asleep at the first night (not even several nights later for that matter), for mostly but not entirely the same reasons as you, it drives me crazy and after enough nights it starts turning to horror and thats usually around night five, i always go 8 nights, earlyer than that i can not sleep, from amps, and i am non stop tweaking and super hyperactive...

It really is quite a hard time for me after having had a wild life and not being a teen anymore since already way too to to stay up 8 days and nights in a row, its not something i want but cant escape the last few yrs, i always go from monday till monday, then finally take a good amount of strong sleeping pills and i just zone out, the light suddenly goes out, and believe it or not i always only need a few hrs of sleep after such a binge and i feel fully recovered both mentally as well as physically, in a way and to some extent this fasccines me - tho not all entirely - cause it seems to me this severely deviates from what is (considered) normal... (wtf is normal??!!)
When i start my binge, the first night is always horrible and i don't enjoy the high at all, actually i hate to be high and just wait The second night to come. Amphetamine IS the worst, meth is easier for me.
I have used stims almost 20 years on and off. Nowadays i take stims maybe once or twice a month and i must have several grams of amph or at least .75 Crystal meth to "complete" my binges, i want to stay up several days and want to really exhaust myself before sleep, i can't or want to sleep not feeling satisfied with being awake long enough. It's not very good for health or mental health but when i do binge those almost a week long binges, i feel fully satisfied and not want to take stims for a long time. Actually If i must choose to take some stim only one Day and night i'd say no thanks.

When I began abusing deschloroketamine I developed a schedule of 2-3 days up, one long night asleep, rinse and repeat. First it was awesome to have so much time but after a while I developed sleep deprivation psychosis, hearing whispers in running water and such stuff. It's not good for your health and took ages to resolve (no antipsychotics used because they didn't work for me and felt horribly dysphoric). But I also wonder about methheads staying up for 10 days.