House music

...just dropping in to bump this shit:

Legends be legend for a reason.

A Guy Called Gerald - Hacienda some bangin Chicago Acid House from one of the genre's original great purveyors. If I am not mistaken it's tracklist ranges from early nineties recordings to recent tracks, all acid house, super groovy, funky, trippy, even fairly deep at times.

As a former DNB DJ of 10 years, I wanted to make my first house mix. I have been putting it off for several years because I knew that I'd have to sift through a bunch of shitty house music to find the shit I want. I finally sat down and took about a week of research and found some decent stuff. My best friend died this year and he was a house DJ. His shit definitely inspired me. I made a mix called FUNK 2016 that includeds his voice samples he recorded for me, along with some deep house and jazzy house. Give it a listen and thanks for your support!!

Going out to see MES tonight. Heard a ton of great reviews from the last two intimate festivals he came here for.

I love do house. Mostly progressive/tech and some deep.

Spun back in the day. Still thinking about taking it back up.

Check out Propulsion, catalog is a bit dated but nothing but quality. Really dig Nicholas Bennison's sound.

I always liked Nicholas Bennison, he used to put out some pretty good underground trance and progressive.

I have a question regarding house. My experience of the genre is that the every few years the current 'in' sub-genre will go out of fashion quite suddenly, and everybody will sort of switch over in quite an irrevocable manner.

In my time going to house clubs I've experienced the following genres become the most prominent, in roughly this order.

Progressive > Electro > Minimal > Tech House > Deep House/techno (a lot of people disliked the commercial side to deep house and seemed to get into a more percussive, less minimal form of techno).

So my question is, what exactly is the in style at the moment? I haven't been to a house night in a year or two so I'm a bit out of touch.

deep / tech house has been dominating the edm scene as of late. while i like that style of house, it's starting to get boring. i was digging the "new" tropical house sound but i haven't heard much of it as of late. all they did was slightly lower the bpm of soulful house and gave it a new name. lol

Such is the way of electronic music, SOH. Genres for days. To answer Tranced, idk, I tend to follow particular DJs, not styles in general. The beauty of a live set is that even someone known for one particular style, can mix in anything and usually that is when the magic happens. :)

^ you ever have a funky chunky groover moover play in your browser or whatever, and you're like wtf where this dope beat comin from ? but you high af so it take a few to find which tab/window. just happened to me rn. ill groove like out of this world cosmic funkdafied keepin it live. wonder where those vocal samples came from... shit got soul brotha.

Time after time I think "Oh Lord what's the use?"
Time after time I think it's just no good
'Cause sooner or later in life, the things you love you loose
But YOU GOT THE L<3ve I need
To see me through

great song to start your sunday!!!!!