Welcome Guest

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

HORROR MOVIES ONLY

ok the movie "THE ADDICTION"1995---- W. CHISTOPHER WALKEN, EDIE FALCO & LILI TAYLOR
I watched this wayyyy back around 2002 couldn't find it until NOW!!!!!!! 8 STARTS OUT OF 10 EASILY!
I normally don't like vampire flicks but this one in NYC damn it's FIRE

Oh, come on what about Jaws, I use to go to the beaches in Southern New Jersey, not like the ones from Jersey Shore, when I was little, these were dry beaches and family places. They looked just like the beaches in Amity( mis, but whatever) That movie ruined my childhood shitty vacations. I saw it on cable at age 7 or 8 and I couldn't enjoy swimming in the Ocean anymore. These beaches were so similar that I was scared of swimming in the Ocean for life. Great movie, but Steven Spielberg ruined my childhood. My family was from that area and no more swimming in the Ocean for me. Even the Shining didn't cause any lasting fears. Jaws is the only movie that caused people real fear. No horror movie ever did that, caused lasting fear. Yea the Exorcist, caused panic when it came out but Jaws scared people of swimming in the Ocean, some for life. I don't care if a movie can ruin vacations and cause fear then nothing can match it.

Last edited:
Oh, come on what about Jaws, I use to go to the beaches in Southern New Jersey, not like the ones from Jersey Shore, when I was little, these were dry beaches and family places. They looked just like the beaches in Amity( mis, but whatever) That movie ruined my childhood shitty vacations. I saw it on cable at age 7 or 8 and I couldn't enjoy swimming in the Ocean anymore. These beaches were so similar that I was scared of swimming in the Ocean for life. Great movie, but Steven Spielberg ruined my childhood. My family was from that area and no more swimming in the Ocean for me. Even the Shining didn't cause any lasting fears. Jaws is the only movie that caused people real fear. No horror movie ever did that, caused lasting fear. Yea the Exorcist, caused panic when it came out but Jaws scared people of swimming in the Ocean, some for life. I don't care if a movie can ruin vacations and cause fear then nothing can match it.
Yes, Jaws is one you will never forget. One you see it & hit the beaches you don't forget that "advisory" about sharks. I went to Ocean City a lot and I felt the exact same way didn't feel right about going too deep into the ocean.
Jaws is one that will stick with you forever.
def. an honorable mention!

Yes, Jaws is one you will never forget. One you see it & hit the beaches you don't forget that "advisory" about sharks. I went to Ocean City a lot and I felt the exact same way didn't feel right about going too deep into the ocean.
Don't say Ocean Ciy New Jersey, that is where we usually went, or Cape May and other places but Usually Ocean City, but luckily there was a lot of mini golf and a long board walk, haven't been there in so long I almost forgot, until I see or think about Jaws. Went there once as an adult, luckily there is a hugh liquor store before the bridge, when I could drink.

Honorable mention, come on it is true horror classic. Those damn sequels though, but so many greats have been ruined by sequels. At least there was never a sequel to The Shining. Other than Jaws that was by far the best. That piece of shit with the least talented cast member of Wings doesn't count. A remake on USA network that was un watchable. Ugh.
Novelists almost never can write screen plays. Besides Look at Steven Kings hits and usually misses at movies. Taking his Idea and letting Stanley Kubrick write some and direct, Jack Nicholson was great, the whole movie was the best, but it didn't screw up my childhood. Steven King was mad because Kubrick did such a great job.
Granted it wasn't 1000+ pages like so many others, but The Shawshank Redemption was based on his work and is one of the greatest movies of all time.
Based on a novella or short story, but so much of his works made into movies are crap. He is just not content with being a long winded but highly successful writer. Didn't he direct or try to direct Maximum Overdrive, lol not funny for the right reasons.
To quote Dirty Harry, " A man has got to know his limitations "

Honorable mention, come on it is true horror classic. Those damn sequels though, but so many greats have been ruined by sequels. At least there was never a sequel to The Shining. Other than Jaws that was by far the best. That piece of shit with the least talented cast member of Wings doesn't count. A remake on USA network that was un watchable. Ugh.
Novelists almost never can write screen plays. Besides Look at Steven Kings hits and usually misses at movies. Taking his Idea and letting Stanley Kubrick write some and direct, Jack Nicholson was great, the whole movie was the best, but it didn't screw up my childhood. Steven King was mad because Kubrick did such a great job.
Granted it wasn't 1000+ pages like so many others, but The Shawshank Redemption was based on his work and is one of the greatest movies of all time.
Based on a novella or short story, but so much of his works made into movies are crap. He is just not content with being a long winded but highly successful writer. Didn't he direct or try to direct Maximum Overdrive, lol not funny for the right reasons.
To quote Dirty Harry, " A man has got to know his limitations "
But there is a prequel to The Shining though which I've been meaning to watch. I think it was on Netflix but I they may have just removed it.

Last edited:
Frozen was lame although the story Joe tells about the fat kid is pretty amusing.

Frozen was lame although the story Joe tells about the fat kid is pretty amusing.
You can't mess with The Shining, it is like Animal House( different genre)in that respect. A stand alone great that should not be messed with. Net flix is stupid and arrogant if they think they can mess with one of Kubrck's best.

Thanksgiving was just alright. I get that Roth was trying to do a slasher style film but it was still kind of a silly story.

You can't mess with The Shining, it is like Animal House( different genre)in that respect. A stand alone great that should not be messed with. Net flix is stupid and arrogant if they think they can mess with one of Kubrck's best.
What are you talkin about different genre? The Shining and Animal House are exactly alike, I even get them confused with one another.

I watched Thanksgiving I thought it was a mixture of new-age Scream mixed with Halloween. I would give it 4.6 out of 10

Honestly the shinning has some pretty scary scenes, and Jack's performance is hilarious in some parts that I can't take it seriously. After watching it several times, what I find really scary is knowing what the wife is going to go through when she is such a darling.

Dr sleep is supposed to be the sequel, which I thought was good, but in my opinion it's a totally different film.

I seen Thanksgiving yesterday.

It has some creative kills, like when a ho bouncing on a trampoline lands on knives. :D

And of course it wouldn't be holiday tradition without a death involving a big hot oven - with a screaming victim trapped inside of it.

I seen Thanksgiving yesterday.

It has some creative kills, like when a ho bouncing on a trampoline lands on knives. :D

And of course it wouldn't be holiday tradition without a death involving a big hot oven - with a screaming victim trapped inside of it.
Yeah, the oven seen was pretty cool.