• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Hoping to try DMT to trip for the first time - Advice, what do you think?

The DMT I am looking at is white in colour, maybe like grains of salt but a bit smaller and said to be 99% purity, I believe that the white colour indicates good dmt? and that DMT with a yellow tinge may have a harsher smoke?

IMHO...the yellow/ish shit smokes better...the white shit runs from the heat and doesn't produce as much smoke.
That said, it's good that your source is providing you with quality spice.
Myself, I turn the white shit into the fumarate salt and i smoke the yellow.

IMHO...the yellow/ish shit smokes better...the white shit runs from the heat and doesn't produce as much smoke.
That said, it's good that your source is providing you with quality spice.
Myself, I turn the white shit into the fumarate salt and i smoke the yellow.

Yes indeed..I've smoked the white one and it was harder on the lungs and just visual.No thoughts at all

I have found the yellow stuff to be harsher on the lungs. Perhaps these are the waxes that made their way into the final product. They tend to show up when one applies excessive heat while extracting. I observed no differences regarding qualitative effects between white and yellow though. Perhaps the fluffy white crystals will be a little stronger than the yellow product since in the latter some portion of the weight is made up of the inactive material which gives the said coloring.

Last edited:
I have always been interested in psychedelics and have been doing a fair bit of research and have learnt a little bit about all of the common psychedelics. Until now I have shelved the idea of trying a psychedelic drug.

I have never used psychedelics, I often use cannabis and have used MDMA crystal a couple of times. After weighing up the pros and cons of each substance, DMT interests me the most as a psychedelic to try, because;
It has such a short duration, this makes it convenient for me because I often have a fairly tight schedule. I have considered LSD and mushrooms but I am really struggling to find the time and place to do them because of the potential duration.

From what I have read DMT will get me the effects I am looking for; visual hallucination, change of perspective, spiritual experiences.

I fully understand that this is an extremely powerful substance and it may potentially be frightening when I trip, but I also understand that if used correctly I should be feeling normal again after around an hour, with effects diminishing after around 10-20 minutes?

I will have a sitter, they have not used psychedelics before, but I trust them, and they are aware of what am I doing and how to keep my out of any harm. After I trip it will be their turn to smoke, and mine to sit. We will be smoking in the safety of my bedroom while we have the house to ourselves, the environment will be prepared in advance to ensure it is safe and comfortable, we will remain indoors for the entirety and the sitter will hold all keys to the house.

Hoping to try 10-15mg for the first time, assessing how I feel then potentially doubling the dose if I feel I can manage it.

I'm looking for some honest advice on anything I should do, what to expect.

Thank you
Oh my god, doing DMT for the first time without ever having done mushrooms or LSD? That sounds AMAZING! You've got my full support on this one.

I would go for a full breakthrough dose on your first try. 10-15mg is not going to do much. Go for 50mg. Chances are your vaping technique won't be perfect and you still won't have a breakthrough. There is no real reason to go for a low dose and I personally find them very uncomfortable. It is not going to prepare you for the full dose anyway. It simply won't. If you are too apprehensive, at the very least you should go for 30mg to get some proper closed eye visuals.
Some will disagree, but I would say straight for 50mg! Also a low dose will likely leave you wanting more and it's near impossible for most to get a breakthrough after taking a low dose. I've gone through 2.5g alone in one sitting just to get into hyperspace - Not a chance. It's kinda morish. This doesn't happen with a breakthrough dose.

If you all want to smoke at the same time, use a lighter that doesn't make any sounds. It can be very distracting. Everyone has to be quiet as a mouse! I personally prefer to have only one more person present at the most, since sounds are so distracting.
When I introduce somebody to DMT (which I've done plenty of times), I hold the lighter for them after explaining the smoking technique. Drag very slow and steady at first while the lighter is not even touching the DMT and then after it has moved closer and closer until it actually lights the rest of the DMT that hasn't evaped from the indirect flame, you use all that breathe you saved to pull the smoke deep into your lungs. Keep it there as long as you can. In the meantime lay back on your comfy chair or bed and if you can still see the room (highly unlikely), close your eyes. DMT with open eyes is not anything like what it is when you have them closed.

I would opt for having all lights turned off and some candles lit. Candles are crazy when you come back because they cause the whole room to flicker in their light, which makes things so much more beautiful with open eyes.
Like I said, everyone should be quiet as a mouse. I personally even try to breathe quietly when someone else is gone. I don't move a muscle for 10minutes to guarantee an ideal experience. Now some might not be that disctracted by it, but if you are, it would really suck if someone made noise.

As for music. That's debatable. There's a period of time during the experience where you might not hear your surroundings anyway (I always have). Music that works really well is "Dead Can Dance". I've never found anyone who didn't thank me a dozen of times for picking that for them, even if they would never listen to it sober. It goes really well with the experience. Of course you could try anything else or no music at all. I'd recommend Dead Can Dance, e.g. Indus (over 9:00min long, so covering the entire trip), Ariadne, Nierika.

Chances are you will wake up with your face covered in tears. I am crying every time I even think about it, like now. One could talk all day long about how beautiful DMT is, but nothing can really prepare you for it. No drug has ever brought on such an unbelievable sense of inner calm and peace, nothing has even ever come close to it in that respect. Once the first minute (very wild and a little stressful) has passed, it feels like everything around me falls into place, like I fall into place and everything that makes up my persona is working exactly the way they it was intended to, my mind, my body, my soul all in perfect sync with each other and with the world around them. Maybe it's just the chemical indirectly doing stuff to my lacrimal glands, but I usually cannot help but cry about the mind shattering beauty of the experience.

Tell us how you liked it.

I have found the yellow stuff to be harsher on the lungs. Perhaps these are the waxes that made their way into the final product. They tend to show up when one applies excessive heat while extracting. I observed no differences regarding qualitative effects between white and yellow though. Perhaps the fluffy white crystals will be a little stronger than the yellow product since in the latter some portion of the weight is made up of the inactive material which gives the said coloring.
Strongest I got out of MHRB were translucent carmine crystals. 20-30mg yielded a full breakthrough every time. Unfortunately I only got 700mg of those from a kg (additionally to some shiny white, light yellow, deep waxy orange and black wax) and never managed to reproduce my results, not with the same material and not with other material. I've easily extracted over 100kg, but never again did I manage to get that awesome stuff. I know this sounds like it could not be true since DMT is simply not that strong. I suppose the substance wasn't really DMT, but it felt nearly the same. I don't know of any other alkaloids in the bark that would actually be red crystals in their uncharged form, in fact I don't know any alkaloids that would look like that.

I used to think the yellow or even dirty waxy orange was harsher on the lungs than the clear white crystalline extract as well, but it seems the amount of heat applied is more critical than the DMT content of the extract. Sure the extract might matter, but it doesn't seem very critical. Shiny white DMT can blast my throat to fucking hell, making me feel like I am being choked. This has only happened early on when I actually BURNT it instead of carefully applying heat to evap it.
Maybe you are talking about more subtle differences that I've never even noticed.

This would make a lot more sense than seeing so many people completely contradict each other on their experiences with the harshness of various extracts. I suggest those who found the white too harsh go back to it and vaporize it very carefully. It's really perfectly smooth, almost like inhaling air if you do it right.

EDIT: And btw, if that "hippy" contradicts anything what has been said here, take it with a grain of salt and ask us about it. Bluelight is kind of like a peer review for the drug scene, but you'll hear so much weird crap from people "offline" it's disgusting. Fuck fasting (you're not doing Ayahuasca which is probably what you are thinking of, oral DMT), fuck meditating (you have no experience with that I assume, so it isn't gonna change shit).

And most importantly, if said hippy happens to be THIS guy, just ignore whatever he says:

workaholicsFBkarl.jpg

Last edited:
^ Well said, all of the above. Spot on =D

Gave me a funky feeling reading that

Thank you. I just need to find the time. As soon as I do so I'll be trying DMT.

I've spent the last 2 days reading DMT The Spirit Molecule by Rick Strassman. I'm about 2/3 of the way in. Very interesting. I'm starting to become a little captivated in the use of psychoactive compounds and spirituality. Also picked up Food Of The Gods (McKenna), The Doors of Perception Heaven And Hell (Huxley) and High Society: Mind-altering drugs in history and culture (Mike Jay).

Thank you. I just need to find the time. As soon as I do so I'll be trying DMT.

I've spent the last 2 days reading DMT The Spirit Molecule by Rick Strassman. I'm about 2/3 of the way in. Very interesting. I'm starting to become a little captivated in the use of psychoactive compounds and spirituality. Also picked up Food Of The Gods (McKenna), The Doors of Perception Heaven And Hell (Huxley) and High Society: Mind-altering drugs in history and culture (Mike Jay).
To each their own. I think you'll just have preconceptions about the experience reading that literature. While they all might have their theories laid out nicely, it's really just their theories. I believe best to get your own idea of what DMT is about.

When it comes to your "set" when entering the experience, it's not as important as it is with psychedelics like LSD or mushrooms where it is crucial. I could go into a DMT experience feeling pretty shitty and it would all be forgotten once the DMT is in my brain. I usually have days where the moment seems right (I do it very rarely these days), but don't give your state mind too much attention, it really isn't as important as you might think. Whichever way you prepare yourself, it#s gonna hit you and it's extremely unlikely you are not gonna love every second of it. As for actual "time" needed. 10 minutes for preparation, 10 minutes for the experience, then maybe two hours to let it sink in and talk about it with your friends. Basically it can be done between taking a shit and washing your hands. Just make sure you have the surroundings prepared for a comfortable position and your emergence from hyperspace. The advice I gave further above has very reliably lead to successful experiences in my friends, there's nothing to those words anyone has ever really disagreed about.

And one thing I forgot: PHONES OFF!

EDIT: I'd really suggest reading as little as you can about the experience itself. You can still read those books and watch the above documentary at a later point. You don't read about sex before you first do it either, right? You might want to listen to advice like "use a condom" or "make sure the guy is really special", "make sure the girl is really hot", but you don't want to hear what others felt when they experienced it. But well, that's just my opinion, to each their own. Read all you want if it makes you feel good.

Last edited:
Load the pipe up, 50mg+, layer ontop, 2/3 big held hits in the right set and setting.....

Load the pipe up, 50mg+, layer ontop, 2/3 big held hits in the right set and setting.....

Should I use Changa or DMT crystals?

I could layer it with cannabis but would it be better using something else so it does not interfere with the DMT?

DMT crystals, layer it with parsley or ash or something inactive. i personally use parsley most of the time but used ash a few first times. deep held hits, keep the hits held, go for another, the second may be a struggle but go for it, you'll be heavily feeling it after the first but go for it... you wont be disappointed

It's simple

When I had my FIRST DMT trip I was very nervous myself too..
My friend who supplied it gave me the best advice possible

"Just smile"

Try it

Should I use Changa or DMT crystals?

I could layer it with cannabis but would it be better using something else so it does not interfere with the DMT?
I use tobacco.
I actually just use that so it wont run out of the hole in the bottom of the bowl and never needed any layer on top. I dont see why it would be necessary at all, but everyone has their own technique i guess. definitely use crystals. cannabis sounds like a very bad idea to me unless you have a huge tolerance and wont even feel anything off it. same goes for tobacco, if you never smoke cigarettes using it is a no-go.

parsley or ash sounds much better, as ColtDan has suggested. also, take in as much as you can like he said. your friends will probably be able to guide you through this, right?

When I had my FIRST DMT trip I was very nervous myself too..
My friend who supplied it gave me the best advice possible

"Just smile"

Try it
havent heard that one, sounds good though :)

Got DMT.

2 weeks; this is when I'm smoking it. Possibly even sooner.

CrOOk is very on point with a lot of what he says.

Whenever I smoke DMT, I go in my room, put on a lava lamp or 2 for dim lighting, and cover the computer monitor with a blanket (the music shuts off if I actually close the laptop). I like ambient music. Just youtube "ambient music" and pick one that makes you the most relaxed, blissful and comfortable. Also, I checked out that Indus song by Dead Can Dance that CrOOk mentioned... that seems like it would be pretty awesome for DMT too. Maybe I'll try them myself next time. In any case, keep the volume low. Just enough to hear it softly. Or you could go with no music, which may help you to hear "the voices" better... in any case, the music or no music thing is your choice. But if you do use music, then use calm, relaxing music - at a low volume.

So, lighting low and dim, just enough to see what you're doing. Low ambient music playing - if at all. I lay down on my bed on my back in the position I want to be in, and relax and meditate for at least a few minutes. Maybe 5 or 10 minutes, just relax, breathe in and out through your nose, slowwwwlyyy. With each exhale feel your body relax and lose any of its tension. Focus on your breathing. Relaxxx. Almost already letting yourself go.

What I like to do is actually use a vape pen. I have one of those G Pens that I use, and it works really well. I just sit up from my position, hold down the button and slowly and softly inhale... using this method, I can usually get 50+ mgs in one hit... if not definitely by the second hit I would get it all in, and it actually feels easier on the lungs than trying to smoke it using a lighter from a pipe or something. Then I hold the hit in for at least 10 seconds before slowly exhaling. Upon the sudden realization that I am blasting off, (the room starts to vibrate and come apart) I simply put the vape pen on my end table, lay back, and close my eyes and let go. The rest is yours to experience.

And that's it. Simple. If it ever feels like too much at any given point, just focus on your breathing - it will help.

I do agree with the idea of just going for at least 30 or 40 mgs, if not 50 mgs... I mean it's totally up to you, whatever you are comfortable with trying, but I personally have found lower doses to be a little edgy... like I'm hanging halfway between this reality and that one. When it comes to DMT, I'd rather it be all or nothing. But again, up to you.

While meditating beforehand, I like to sometimes think of concepts like peace, love, oneness with all; thinking of how beautiful and amazing the universe/multiverse is... what the reality of time and space may be, my family, and how incredible it All just Is. Then the DMT will facilitate those conceptual thoughts even further. Just a suggestion, but you can do it however you like. If emptying your mind completely is what makes you comfortable, you can do that too.

Just know, you may feel fear when it hits right at the start, but it won't last for long, within a few seconds, assuming you did a high enough dose, the fear should disappear and make way for the infinite that lies beyond.

All will be Well. I promise.

Enjoy :)

After your experience, come back and share it with us, and then we can compare experiences.

Last edited:
What type of lighter am I best using? I have both a turbo flame & a regular clipper. I'll probably use the ash from a cigarette to sandwich my DMT. The flame touching it will destroy the active chemical yes?

I think I will listen to Ravi Shankar when I smoke, I find his music & sitar relaxing.

Last edited: