• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Hoping to try DMT to trip for the first time - Advice, what do you think?

Firth

Bluelighter
I have always been interested in psychedelics and have been doing a fair bit of research and have learnt a little bit about all of the common psychedelics. Until now I have shelved the idea of trying a psychedelic drug.

I have never used psychedelics, I often use cannabis and have used MDMA crystal a couple of times. After weighing up the pros and cons of each substance, DMT interests me the most as a psychedelic to try, because;
It has such a short duration, this makes it convenient for me because I often have a fairly tight schedule. I have considered LSD and mushrooms but I am really struggling to find the time and place to do them because of the potential duration.

From what I have read DMT will get me the effects I am looking for; visual hallucination, change of perspective, spiritual experiences.

I fully understand that this is an extremely powerful substance and it may potentially be frightening when I trip, but I also understand that if used correctly I should be feeling normal again after around an hour, with effects diminishing after around 10-20 minutes?

I will have a sitter, they have not used psychedelics before, but I trust them, and they are aware of what am I doing and how to keep my out of any harm. After I trip it will be their turn to smoke, and mine to sit. We will be smoking in the safety of my bedroom while we have the house to ourselves, the environment will be prepared in advance to ensure it is safe and comfortable, we will remain indoors for the entirety and the sitter will hold all keys to the house.

Hoping to try 10-15mg for the first time, assessing how I feel then potentially doubling the dose if I feel I can manage it.

I'm looking for some honest advice on anything I should do, what to expect.

Thank you

It looks to me like you've covered all the bases.
You seem to have a handle on the basics...the reality of it may surprise you though.

You and ubernoob each others sitters?
I hope you've done some actual research.

Last edited:
It looks to me like you've covered all the bases.
You seem to have a handle on the basics...the reality of it may surprise you though.

You and ubernoob each others sitters?
I hope you've done some actual research.

No, don't know him/her, have read their thread though.

So far I have read through this;
http://deoxy.org/h_dmtrom.htm

I have also read through the Erowid pages on DMT and read many trip reports, along with watching The Spirit Molecule and checked out some of McKenna's works. Of course I am going to continue reading and looking at peoples accounts. Is there anything in particular you would suggest looking it?

No, don't know him/her, have read their thread though.

So far I have read through this;
http://deoxy.org/h_dmtrom.htm

I have also read through the Erowid pages on DMT and read many trip reports, along with watching The Spirit Molecule and checked out some of McKenna's works. Of course I am going to continue reading and looking at peoples accounts. Is there anything in particular you would suggest looking it?
Treatment (not to be facetious).

By the way. Marijuana is a mild hallucinogen and ecstasy is a psychedelic.

Well never know what might go wrong. Just look into adverse reactions and if they can be resolved easily.

Try to hold the vapor for at least ten seconds. It can be difficult if you are not a habitual smoker.

Firth....just bear with him...he doesn't play well with others.

I got that impression after I seen his posts on Soonajunkie's thread you linked me to. Fortunately, he does not put me off.

On the subject of Soonajunkie's thread, this is something I have read about before (mainly with other psychedelics) but I am aware that it is a possibility when using any psychedelic substance and it is something that I should be very aware of, but I am also aware that this is only temporary, not the end of the world. This is why I am hoping to trip when I have the house to myself for an entire week, no work for a week (possibly two) either so I definitely have the time and space to properly relax.

Try to hold the vapor for at least ten seconds. It can be difficult if you are not a habitual smoker.

I've gotten used to hitting my bong and used to smoke cigarettes (stopping was the best thing I have done so far) so I am used to smoke even though I do still cough my guts up from time to time when smoking cannabis.

Anyway, this is something I will worry about later, first, I am learning more about DMT itself.

Well if you need a week or two, then I am confused. You said you are too busy to take LSD.

(BTW personal attacks are unnecessary, if you got a problem be productive about it at least.)

Well if you need a week or two, then I am confused. You said you are too busy to take LSD.

(BTW personal attacks are unnecessary, if you got a problem be productive about it at least.)

I will try LSD or shrooms, just not yet.

And I don't have a problem at all. You said to me that I should be looking into treatment (not to sound facetious). Some may see that as quite a harsh thing to say, so I wanted to know that you had serious reason for saying it without elaborating at all after all of a sudden appearing on this thread.

I would also like to be able to go out and see some friends, I don't want to be tripping on LSD for 10 hours. My friend is not really interested in trying LSD/shrooms either. That idea is under the rug, for now.

DMT is my thing, I also use shrooms, RC's...tryptamines only and HBWR seeds, but mostly DMT.

It seems that you have a good plan ofattack and 15-20 mg starting dose is a good one.
What, if I may ask, is your source?...not specifics, are you extracting it or buying it ready to go?
What are you smoking it out of or with?
Just do it like you said ...in a safe place with someone you trust.

IMHO...YOU ARE GONNA LOVE THAT SHIT!

DMT is my thing, I also use shrooms, RC's...tryptamines only and HBWR seeds, but mostly DMT.

It seems that you have a good plan ofattack and 15-20 mg starting dose is a good one.
What, if I may ask, is your source?...not specifics, are you extracting it or buying it ready to go?
What are you smoking it out of or with?
Just do it like you said ...in a safe place with someone you trust.

IMHO...YOU ARE GONNA LOVE THAT SHIT!

Extraction isn't something I have properly looked into yet, I will most likely buy DMT, I can't source it locally but know other ways to obtain some.
I would most likely smoke out of a bong as it is what I know best but I've also considered buying a device like this. Could this possibly allow me to take a better hit?

Yeah, that little pipe on the link you sent is pretty much what I use, although smoking is my least favorite way to do it so I'm not very good at it.