Welcome Guest

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Television Homeland

WOW that was a good episode. Best of the series, I think. I'm talking about Tower of David. It was like a movie.

Is anybody else watching this season?

Like Fly in Breaking Bad, it's one of those episodes that you can tell was constructed as an episode and not just as a continuation of a story.

I cant remember if I have watched episode 2 yet, I see on the streaming site I use there is 3 episodes out now of season 3 -

Episode 1 - Tin Man Is Down
Episode 2 - .Uh.Oh.Aw
Episode 3 - Tower of David

I'll have to tune in later and watch, I'll start with Ep. 2 and see if I've seen that, then move onto Ep. 3.

Can't wait, something to watch tonight.

I'm finding I never use my TV for our normal tv shows or movies here anymore (except watching the news/sport/weather when I'm making and eating dinner), just about everything I watch is via the streaming site with my computer hooked up to to my large screen tv.

After perusing message boards about this show, it seems this is an extremely polarizing season. But I assure you that anyone who gets it (and I won't go into what getting it means; if you have to ask, you don't get it) anyone who gets it is in for quite a treat. The early emphasis on the Dana story arch kind of gummed it up for me early on, but now even that story arch seems to be going somewhere.

And in case the weirdness is making you think of dropping out, here's a clue: there's a pretty massive twist at the end of episode four.

I just watched episode 4 last night.

My mind is blown. I can't pin down when it started, though.

I still don't know what's going on with Dana.

I'm not sure why she was crying. As a [SPOIL]triple agent[/SPOIL], I would think she'd be more tolerant of the psychiatric programming.

Last edited:
This is the best season out of the three. No question. This is the best thing on TV right now.

Season finale

[SPOIL]

Showing Brody's public hanging was gruesome. I don't know how else the mission could have gone, though. It's, cool. I only cried twice during the episode.

[/SPOIL]

Last edited by a moderator:
^just remove the "er" from "spoiler". The correct tag is [spoil]

I would fix it for you but for some reason my moderator buttons aren't showing right now.

^ you can't edit posts outside the forums you moderate.

the tags are:

[spoil]it was a baby![/spoil] which gives: [spoil]it was a baby![/spoil]

and

[spoiler=movie x]it was a baby![/spoil] which gives:
it was a baby!

alasdair

Wow, I didn't really enjoy that ending at all. Why'd they spend so much time setting up the Dana story if he just leaves to Iran and never comes back? They spent WAY too much time setting up a story they never see through. I don't even think I'd watch another season, without Brody there's nothing keeping me to this show any longer :\

Kind of a shame. It could have been done much better.

Wow, I didn't really enjoy that ending at all. Why'd they spend so much time setting up the Dana story if he just leaves to Iran and never comes back? They spent WAY too much time setting up a story they never see through. I don't even think I'd watch another season, without Brody there's nothing keeping me to this show any longer :\

Kind of a shame. It could have been done much better.

I agree with the part about Dana simply because she's such a drag on the show's development. Regarding Brody: [spoil]they never intended for him to be Jack Bauer. Tragic characters need tragic departures. Think of him as Brutus in Julius Caesar.[/spoil]

We'll see what they do with this next season. In my opinion, this was one of the best seasons of TV I've ever seen.

^ i agree. this season was a masterpiece.

the [spoil]brody execution[/spoil] scene was brutal and hard to watch for sure.

it's hard for me to imagine where they go from here - i honestly think they could have ended it where they did this season and it would have gone down in history as truly great. i hope they have a story arc in mind and they're not just cashing in one more season.

alasdair

To me it felt more like a series finale than a season finale.

[spoil]Was I the only one that thought that croissant box was going to explode or something? Not that I wasn't hoping. Saul is an arrogant bastard.[/spoil]

I'm sure Brody is alive. Why would they use a crane for the procedure otherwise ? I'm sure they stretched out some transparent wires between the fence and the building, that the audience was not able to notice in the dark at 4 o clock. The crane stopped when Brody gave the sign, that he could stand tiptoeing on the wires. Yes it is difficult. Ultimately he is a super marine :eek:

If I am wrong, the series would have been fucked up in that episode. The reaction from Carry was way too underwhelming but I guess she was just deeply depressed instead and had no power (due to pregnancy) to be angry anymore. In the first season there was the conversation between Carry and Brody like :

B : I like observing the stars
C : Wait till the night comes and youll see thousand stars
B : I only need one

It would be a joke if just because of the initial writings, that Brody needed to be eliminated for the closure of that plot/word play. It would be really really disappointing and the explanation of Damian Lewis, that the story could not develop with Brody is a joke. Brody was 70% of the story.

A possibilty for season 4 is, that Carry cooperates with the enemy's secret services from her location in Istanbul in order to revenge Brody and reacts to Saul's reckless plans once and for all.

Last edited:
^ [spoil]hanging, especially in public, using a crane is quite normal in iran.[/spoil]

alasdair

Does not disproof my thesis :) You don't know how many undead people run around in Iran these days ;)

[spoil]you were implying that it was somehow suspicious or unusual that they used a crane and, from there, that it opens the door to a return for brody. my point is it's neither unusual nor suspicious. it's actually quite commonplace[/spoil]

alasdair

I know that it is rather common in that country to do it that way. Either way, my hypothesis still holds true (for me). Let's wait for next season ;)