• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Hints and Tips for Meth Smokers!

Does anyone really read or post in this thread at all anymore? The info in here is quite useful and it would be great to see others ideas for getting the most out of their dope.

Thanks for the tips. Using logic, I was already doing most of these, but trying some of these new tips should prove to be usefull, in fact, Im trying them right now. Very nice write up, with a touch of humor. Perfect.

I don't mean to troll at all, but I do have a tip: Don't use methamphetamine!

I cannot help but think that if people fully understood the gravity of its neurotoxicity, they wouldn't touch it with a 10 foot pole. We're born with the most neurons that we will ever have, and when they die they do not come back (with the exception of the olfactory bulb and certain hippocampus cells.)

If you fully understand all the risks and effects on the brain, and still want to try it--fine. But please, fully research how if affects the brain and the implications of its use.

Not trying to be rude here by any means, but since you already seem to have the edge of knowing the detailed information that you want us to have, then why dont you just start a thread holding all the information. This way, people will also know your truth, not just something they find in a google search on the web. And then once the thread is already posted, all you'd have to do in this circumstance is post the link to it.
I, personally would be interested and read your thread, granted that its presented with genuine concern to give others knowledge and not to flame on someone for their choices. If you do decide to do this, please PM me once you have a link. Ive researched the effects several times, the last time being about a half hour ago in fact, but Im always ready to hear more.
Some of the references on this site are incredibly informative.

Just came across this site (& threads) last night. I wouldn't share my personal bowl with my friend when we smoked, as I knew him to be a "burner". (Burner:Tweaker that insists that the flame must remain in constant contact with glass during the entire toke) He truly believed his "burning" method to be the proper method for getting the best and most hits from Cryss. He steadfastly refused to take my word or the results of my subsequent demonstration of loading identical sized bowls and comparing the number of good quality tokes that our particular methods produced. (Friend=7 good hits Me=16 monster clouds) I figured someone would have information regarding Meth tips/suggestions regarding best practices to get the best high and making the crystal last, or at least be used properly. When i Bing'd" best methods suggestions tips and practices when smoking crystal in glass bowl. This stream was a top listing. I am extremely glad that I stopped in. I look forward to reading more into the site. Later...Nomad

Hey folks... bit of a casual lurker whose up late (early now!), and feeling chatty (it's a mystery why :p).

Was searching for some tips and advice on a few smoking-meth-related things and ended up trawling through the first 5 or so pages of this thread, looked at the date and 20+ pages, skipped to the front and realised it was still current haha. So after I few fruitless searches elsewhere for answers and discussion (end up with so many search results that are 5% related haha) I decided to direct my queries here… but then I got solidly stuck on dismantling the whole How long should I hold in it for? issue.

Now if I remember correctly, I saw Red Haze way way back in the thread mention briefly that you want to hold in your smoke and not see it coming out again, since the 'smoke' is the good stuff. And since I believe this to be the truth, yet so often see folks puffing the shit all over the place like a cuban cigar, I thought it might be useful to reason it out for public consumption.

Don't get me wrong, I'm open to debate, correction and so forth - I just wanted to put it down, see if I can convince some non-believers, and iron out any problems in my reasoning. Going for the idea that ‘there is only one expert who is better informed than me, and that’s everyone else’ =D

So, should you hold it in? and is exhaled ‘smoke’ wasted meth?

Part of the main argument I have heard for only holding it in briefly then exhaling assumes that smoking meth is the same as smoking weed or tobacco. That is, you absorb everything useful within a few seconds and after that you're just doing unnecessary damage, with the smoke you exhale being empty of the stuff you want (I will call this ‘dead’ smoke). I have to admit, I've been writing this for a while (hey, keeping me busy :p), so here's the short version.

Smoking weed or tobacco is not a good analogy for smoking meth in terms of absorption.

Smoke and vapour are different things.

Meth is ‘pure’: 1g crystals = 1g of the chemical you want.

Weed is mostly organic matter which contains a small concentration of THC.

When smoking weed, the visible ‘smoke’ is not the good stuff – you can absorb up to 100% of the active substances quickly (seconds) and still blow out visible ‘dead’ smoke.

When smoking meth, the visible ‘smoke’ is vapour - ‘pure’ meth in gaseous form, thus visible exhaled vapour is not ‘dead’ smoke, it is meth that was not absorbed by your lungs.

Soooo if you are keen for a read :p Let me define smoke and vapour first. These are my own definitions which I believe are quite accurate - chemistry is not my field though so feel free to correct or nitpick.

Smoke: Burnt particulate matter suspended in the air - material is combusted and turned into stuff floating in the air. It will not return to its original form when cooled back down to the temperature it combusted at. Specifically here I’m talking about burning plant matter. Light a leaf, it burns, you get sooty smoke.
Vapour: The gaseous form of a substance when at a temperature above its boiling point. For water, that is 100 degrees Celsius. Hydrogen is a gas at room temperature. Meth vapourises at... well... whatever temperature it is when you're heating it and it starts to look deliciously wispy %) Anyone know off-hand? When returned to a temperature below that point, it goes back to a liquid/solid. Vapour tends to be lighter, wispier, and not even visible at all at most concentrations. Water vapour is in the air all around us, and we don't see it.

So, I’m going to make the practical assumption that your meth is reasonably clean. Anywhere in this I say ‘pure’ I mean that ideally, your rock is 100% methamphetamine, or only cut with agents that act in the same way, eg MSM. If there is something in there that burns – I’m looking at you glucose, and that delicious yet disappointing toffee smell – then what I am going to say is obviously less applicable.

Ideally, meth is a pure substance - 1g of ‘pure’ crystals is equivalent to 1g of methamphetamine (at least, this is what you are desperately hoping for when you test that new bag you just got :p ). Weed, on the other hand, contains a small amount of THC by weight, and when smoked most of the visible gas is useless, burnt plant matter – you inhale the good stuff with it, it gets absorbed and you can exhale the ‘dead’ smoke.

So the difference? Weed (or tobacco) smoke is not the substance you are trying to get into your system – THC or nicotine is, the visible part is smoke that just comes in and goes out as part of the process of burning the plant matter.

Because meth is a pure chemical, when you heat it up and it starts to form vapours, you are looking at the gaseous form of your target substance – not a cloud of ‘other stuff’ or smoke that contains meth. That very stuff you are so carefully trying to get into your bloodstream is the misty cloud that you see forming in the bowl and proceed to gleefully suck down. Logically, this means that you cannot exhale ‘dead’ smoke – there is no smoke, it’s all meth vapour! Thus, this suggests that not only do your lungs take longer to absorb a hit of meth, since after a big hit and 5 or 10 seconds you can still breathe out vapour, but it brings us to the solid conclusion that if you see vapour coming out again, it is actually meth, and you did not absorb all that you inhaled.

Now, while some people may believe that giving freely to the universe can invoke good karma, it is more likely that your cat will catch your vibe rather than the cosmos.

Crouching tweeker hidden lighter (a discussion of techniques for crystal meth)

Welcome everyone to another discussion on the tips and techniques behind smoking crystal meth.

~ There are several threads that cover a few different techniques but nothing I have not heard before and so I wonder what else is out there. How can people get the most out of there geek eh? The techniques I have learned from my collective experience as well as reading through post after post on this and several other sites are as follows. This might be old hat to some and then again it might be a whole new world for others.

Tips and techniques:

1. loading a bowl.

~ When loading a bowl it is often times that a straw is used to deposit the crystals into the end of the pipe, The bag containing the crystals is opened and the straw is pushed into a sizable amount depending on your tolerance, ability, people present, and several other factors. The straw is then pushed carefully into the stem of the pipe and when reaching the bowl the end of the straw (side still outside of the pipe) is flicked lightly a few times. Make sure to cover the hole at the pipes end before flicking or even placing the straw in the pipe, crystals are small and expensive so loss of a few would be devastating.

2. Melting or "Cutting"

~ If you know basic chemistry or have just messed around with a lot of drugs then you should know that many substances that are crystal, powder, granulated and so on will melt if vaporized in a pipe. Therefor the idea that heating up the pipe and melting down the product will take out the cut is a false ideal held by some users who are miss informed. The "Cut" Taste that is given in the first hit of most product is actually just residual chemicals left behind from the cooking process that are vaporized along with the meth. It is in fact a good idea if you are worried about your health to puff out the first bit of the melt so that the residual is taken away.

~ Melting is done by using a heat source (usually a lighter) and holding it close enough to the product to turn it into its liquid state but far enough away so that it is not burned. A good first melt tip is to use the technique often found with people who use jet lighters in which the lighter is slowly rotated around the perimeter (though not so slowly mind you if you are actually using a jet lighter/torch lighter), the flame is then spiraled into the middle where the product is and quickly removed from the pipe as the glass will be heated enough for the product to melt. If you blow out your first bit of cut then now is the time to do so, otherwise begin taking your hit and use either side to side rotation or a small circular motions so that the product is spread out amongst the bottom area of the bowl into a thin, clear pool that will quickly change if done right into a spiderweb like whitish sheet of crystal.

3. Smoking

~ Now onto the important step of continued vaporization and crystallization of the product in order to achieve the level of euphoria that is desired. To begin we want to let the pipe cool even after the liquid has recrystallized from the melting/cutting hit. Even after the product has formed a crystal sheet the pipe will still be very hot which can cause overheating of the product giving it a burnt taste, causing it to burn to the bowl, turning it brown in color, and even just destroying it in one big useless hit. Once the pipe has cooled to the point that you can touch it onto your skin and feel no warmth at all (or slight warmth for you speed freaks >.>) then you can begin to take another hit. To begin hold the pipe in the position you desire and start your lighter; if you are using a normal lighter and you look carefully you can see that where the flame "ends" it still has a little tail that goes up a bit from it, a good tip is to never get any closer to the product than the tip of the tail almost touching the glass. You should never have to actually touch the tail to the glass however if you get any closer the chances of burning the product go up exponentially. The technique one uses to heat the product is up to them however rotation and distance of flame are key. A draw on the pipe should be slow but not at a snail pace, Drink in the smoke at the same speed you would a milkshake (Not sucking it down, but not hardly getting smoke). Continue to inhale until you begin to get micro-breaths which will be noticed by small puffs of smoke leaving the carb as your lungs reach there limits, this is a process of smoking I know as "Riding the train" because of the speed of inhale and the fact the little smoke plumes look like a train passing by.

~ Grab a washrag that is clean and dampen it with warm or room temperature water (Cold water will cause the pipe to crack or sometimes violently explode depending on how hot it was), when the product recrystallizes move the pipe down to the rag and slowly use soft rotating motions to cool down the glass. On occasion a person will get ahead of themselves and move the pipe quickly from there mouth to the rag after a hit in order to try and save more product, this almost always ends with meth flying out of the pipe or in the least sprayed all over the inside of the pipe and in several hard to reach places.

~ The product if it is of good quality should remain a whitish color all the way down until it has disappeared (This is of course considering everything was done correctly and the product was of high percentage in actual meth). If the product begins to turn brown in color after originally being white then the most likely cause of this is that the flame is to close to the pipe and heating it to the point that it is burning the product. If checked and the flame is at a reasonable distance and the product was not overheated then there is the possibility that you are in fact burning the cut within the meth which might have a lower heating temp. This happens from time to time depending on what the product is cut with though it is a oddity to have so much that the entire product turns brown, if however there are just a few little specks of brown in the white pool then burnt cut is a possible reason.

4. What about all that frosty goodness in my pipe?

~ The crystal frost lining the inside of the pipe can be a bit of a hassle for some people to figure out how to use it. You could use your lighter on the stem and smoke it that way, however this leads to overheating of the connection of the bowl and stem and can lead to cracks if not simply just burning ones self. You could place the pipe in a cup of water and let the meth soak in before taking the pipe out once more and letting the water evaporate into little bits of crystal, this however takes a span of time that some people to not wish to wait and for others is simply hard to obtain. To this problem the process of "Scraping" comes into play, a process that would seem as if it would break your pipe (and it might if done improperly) and sends most tweekers on a jittery nail biting tangent as they watch.

~ Scraping: For scraping a pipe there are a few things needed, these items very depending on the size of the pipe, the thickness and strength of the glass, and how easy it is for the person to feel the strength of his strokes. The items needed to do a pipe scraping are the straw which was used to load the bowl, and a wire from a hanger, wisk or ect. The straw is push into the stem of the tube and with a light pressure is pressed against the frost. Slow long strokes are made at first to remove large amounts all at once, remember however to keep your finger over the carb in order to prevent escape of any meth. The straws motions if done correctly will clean an entire stem in under a minute, there will be spots that still have tiny bits of product on them in the stem that you missed with the long strokes and with these short strokes at a moderate or fast speed will work.

~ now that you have your scrape from the stem inside the bowl it is time to move on to scraping the bowl itself (Note: If done correctly no glass shards will be in your meth, as well if done correctly the bowl will not break or crack in any way.). If you are a bit squeemish about cleaning thin glass with a wire then perhaps just melting the spots down to the middle would be best for you, however if you think you have the skill you will need to take the wire and insert it into the carb, once in the carb you can reach almost all of the bowl with the exception of the area directly around the carb itself (this can be reached by bending the wire into a hook like shape). Begin to with gentle motions slide the wire over the frost coated bowls insides, if you see lines appearing in the frost as you slide the wire over it you are doing great. Once you think you have gotten the process down in slow-motion you can begin to make slightly quicker pace of the job, the main point to remember about this part of the scraping is that though being gentle you still do not want to scrape large portions of the bowl at once so do patches and soon (a few minutes max) you will have a bowl that is almost perfectly clean and a large pile of scrape in the middle to be melted down. Often times three-five large hits can be taken from a bit of scrape after smoking a .5 once the technique is mastered.

Tricks:

The Pipe Fiends Hotrail: For those of us that find it relaxing or just plain fun to do things with pipes there is the hotrail in a pipe. The product is melted and turned much like normal although I suggest a friend giving the hit as your hands would be busy. The only difference is that the pipe is placed so that you inhale the vapor through your nose while covering the other nostril and thus absorb more of the chemicals into your bloodstream. However, there are those of us that must take it a step further, ask questions, dare to dream and for those there is "The Pipe Fiends Hotrail"! This trick is done by using two pipes loaded with small bowls which are each held for the person and then lit and rolled while placed on his nostrils so that the large hit from both pipes travels through the individuals nose. I do not claim ownership of this technique though I have never seen another person do it without me proding them to do so.

The Hot Air Balloon: For those that feel a bit lonely while there pipe passes around a group there is always a way to keep a bit of it with you till you get it back in your hands. The Hot Air Balloon is a simple balloon that is taken and stretched a few times to make the breathing easier, the tweeker then takes a large hit from the pipe and breaths it all into the balloon before pinching it so no smoke escapes. After the balloon is full a "complete breath" is taken, the complete breath is an inhale for ten seconds with a three second hold and then an exhale for ten seconds with a three second hold. After the complete breath it is time to let the smoke back into your lungs by unpinching the balloon and taking another hit, Although after two or so times the smoke is almost gone it becomes a bit of a game with some to continue to rehit there balloon until the pipe gets back to them.

The Bubbler: If the Balloon is not really your style but you still want to get the most out of your meth then you might find "The Bubbler" more to your liking. The Bubbler consists of a two liter bottle and a hose, the cap of the two liter is burned to make a hole just large enough for the hose to fit through and slide all the way to the bottom (At this point if you really wish to you can melt some plastic around the seal to make sure its air tight). Then a small hole is made at the upper section of the bottle near the neck to act as a reverse carb, and the bottle is filled one third of the way with purified water. Take a hit from your pipe and blow it through the tube at a moderate pace if possible and watch the smoke filter through the water and begin to fill up the bottle. When the smoke begins to come out of the carb it is time to plug it and attempt to blow in the rest of your hit (though it takes a massive hit to fill it and still not have room if done right). The crystals will form inside the bottle and the water can be evaporated to make small little shards however before evaporation remember to pour a bit of water down the tube to get all of the crystals in there mixed in at the bottom.

Last edited:
Will this lecture be available on audio CD?

No offence, but I think most tweakers who visit this site are already well familiar with the various techniques for using meth. :\

~ I am well aware that most tweekers here are quite experienced in the ways of using the drug. That is what this thread is designed for, as people find their own way of doing things sometimes it works out better than what the masses know. This thread is for the more odd or advanced things that users of meth do in order to use their product. This thread is for the people that know the basics and even the moderately complicated but wish to learn even more ways of using the drug and so they see what other people have done with it that they might try it themselves.

~ this is the advanced tweeker thread.. Gravity bongs, hot railing pipes, and other forms of using meth that a beginner would be lost at.

~ The original posting on this thread is just information that can be found in a simple search of the site or on a search engine, its purpose is to inform but mostly to show that I am well aware of "Put meth in pipe, smoke" as many people have responded to other postings about technique and I am interested in information other tweekers can give out in addition to what I already know.

How much better is a proper pipe to use vs a light bulb? I don't smoke it because I find insufflation to be better (even more cost effective). Obviously doing something wrong? Also a bulb will work OK with the first pile but then the following vaporizations always seem to go up in smoke much quicker and are uncontrolled, so the improvised pipes are discarded after the first use. How thick should the glass be? The bulbs I'm using are the standard screw or bayonette 240V 60W AC globes we get around here (about 3" long by 2" wide at the thickest point) and the glass is extremely thin. I don't really have access to pipes as where I am there aren't many people using it.

Also the holding the smoke in vs destroying your lungs vs wasting argument... Better to hold in? Or not?

^ If I'm smoking, I just use a pipe. With a proper technique (a slow steady inhale) you shouldn't lose any smoke out of the carb. I find the rush isn't as intense with insufflation. And I think that "holding smoke in destroys your lungs" thing is a myth... I've never seen any evidence to support that it does any more damage.

Thanks for the quick response. I think the bulbs I'm using are probably too thin, will try and make another plan. Maybe get a dealer to make me a pipe to try. It has to be blown right?

Thanks for the quick response. I think the bulbs I'm using are probably too thin, will try and make another plan. Maybe get a dealer to make me a pipe to try. It has to be blown right?

Yeah, lightbulbs are usually too thin to be effective meth pipes. I'd recommend getting the real thing. Most dealers will sell pipes, and even some head shops will sell them under the counter as "aromatherapy pipes" or "oil pipes". :)

head shop pipes are also sometimes a bit thicker than gas station pipes so its a bit different to use at first but it is soooooo worth it.. I got a nice one with white stripes on the bowl.

^ Indeedy. The thicker pipes are a lot more durable too - much less likely to break.

yeah, only problem is that if you work with a group (or sometimes even by yourself) the first few hits or so might burn a bit of the product because you are getting used to the fact that the glass stays hot longer. I had a friend have an accident in which he burned quite a bit of a small bowl (very small) because he heated the glass up like he does thin glass (moving the flame away and back to the glass with only a few seconds in between) he burned the crap out of himself though when he tried to cool it. :p my advice is if you buy a headshop pipe and are shocked at the thickness of it, do a light in which there is nothing in it to see how long it stays heated when you do get the glass hot and when you load a bowl make the first one tiny (Under 30 mg).

Its an unfamiliar state.. opiate no longer come in the mail, all I could find was 1.75 grams of meth, which I have always hated and two suboxone 8mg. Oh and I also have 6 pink Xanax for a total of 3mg, I think. I tweaked before the withdraws, and now they are starting.... take the suboxone now? along with the xanax? The plan before I found tweak (fucking hate texas) 8mg sub and 4mg xanax.

it's that a safe combo? I would consider it a moderate dose without the variable of the shards I ended up doing.

PS. I have a business to run, shop opens back up in exactly, 22 hrs. I'd like to sleep before then, heh...