Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Higher purity crystal methamphetine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cheers for posting that article jspin, that figurine of nearly 100% pure methamphetamine sounds amazing...do want. I'd like to try some 90%+ certified pure meth one time, just to know what it's like...all we can do is guess so the true amounts people are using and all the other impurities are up in the air.

edit - Oh I see p-man that you're from VIC. My mistake was thinking you were from the states.

It's not super hard to do an acid base extraction and get 99%+ pure methamphetamine. I think the addictiveness of ice goes up exponentially with increasing purity.

^If by acid base extraction you mean or includes an anhydrous acetone wash. All of the wash's I've performed so far with my meth have unfortunately failed to remove any of the unwanted cuts and impurities :p

Not trying to question your logic or anything footsy, seeing as I've learn more from your posts in this thread than anybody else's. But I think the chemistry in the meth scene has changed quite a bit since the start of the year. Even I'm finding it hard to keep up with 'what's going around'

Last edited:
P-man: I have now idea, last I heard there was fire to be found in mexico. Lots was being produced down there (they supposedly had a cartel run "meth university." because cooks caught all seemed to come from the same town.) Anyway, pseudo and other precursors have suffered a setback in mexico so according to media reports, the labs were reestablished up on this side of the border- run by cartels, but because the pseudoephedrine/ cold medicine industry has a huge lobby and prevented pseudo from being a controlled subtance- you have "smurfers" that hit pharmacy to pharmacy getting stockpiles of this precursor. From what I hear, the quality was good a few months ago- an intitial improvement but has been fluctuating this summer in Southern California, but I'm the wrong person to ask, smoked my last pipe in 08'- that was some fire quality back then, shit got you sparked. I'll have to ask around. Meth has been part of the San Diego scene for 60 years so I'm sure their are pockets of people getting quality (I've met people that have been using it for 20+ years which is shocking to - i have seen peoples lives fall apart in a couple of months and my last run burned me out in a week- 1 week with no sleep was enough to get me willing to get sober. I'll ask around.

I've done acetone washes before that have gotten rid of at least some of the cut/impurities, but I still don't think it was near 90%.

Maybe we're blessed here in Australia with lower quality and higher prices...could explain the differences you see between the typical regular user here compared to US or even NZ - seems like we don't get quite as burned out and psychotic (usually)

^ An acid base extraction isn't an acetone wash, it's a much better method for removing many more impurities than an acetone wash, but also more of a fuck around, (but all the equipment and chemicals can be easily aquired). I'd always do an acetone wash first because that removes most of the impurities, I would usually just stop there because that would leave me with 90%+ shit, but I have done a A/B extraction before to get those last few percentage points of impurities out, you're usually left with 99%+ pure after an A/B.

But as you said, I stopped using before iso became used as a cut, so I don't know how that fares in an A/B. Would be interesting to find out if that's the way to get it out, actually. Actually, I think the answer would be no with isopropylbenzylamine, because of it's similar chemical structure to meth. That sucks.

Nice article jspun, IIRC you posted that in DitM a couple of years back? Maybe it was someone else but fairly sure it was you as I remember you posting a number of good articles back when I used to mod there.

I have to second what Footscrazy said about the addictiveness of ice increasing with purity. I have smoked ice for a handful of years now and as recent as a couple years ago it was routine practise for me to score my shit through the week and hold onto it till the weekend, 18-24 months ago I was consistently getting onto some ace shit and since then I just can't get it and go any length of time without using it. Lately the gear I get can vary a lot in quality depending where I go and even then varies quite a bit within the same sources, its always much less time passed between pick ups for me when the quality is up compared to when it was down.

One thing that I have noticed in a lot of documentaries is that US meth users don't seem to have the best smoking technique and often have a lot of crud and shit in their pipes. Perhaps biased meth docos and episodes of intervention aren't the best indicators to go by but it doesn't seem totally illogical to me that a US meth user mightent bother to learn the optimal way to smoke meth as often as people here given they often pay what we do for a point for a gram.

^ Yeah, that dodgy smoking technique you see baffles me, even if it's cheaper, one thing I know about iceheads it's that they are very particular about the way they smoke, and I'm sure lots of other people here have had the experience of the constant critique of others' smoking techniques when you're passing around the crackie! (Faark you're toasting it! Roll it round, come on, you're fucking it!)

^Hahaha! Yeah sorry, hadn't heard of a A/B extraction before and cbf going through all the theory when I did a search.

And my throats pretty fucked from that cut.. I think I'll be staying away from meth for a while now

I'm sure lots of other people here have had the experience of the constant critique of others' smoking techniques when you're passing around the crackie! (Faark you're toasting it! Roll it round, come on, you're fucking it!)

fuckn LOL

QFT!!

Good to hear from you drug mentor. How ya doing, mate? The article was posted by someone else, I just stole posted it a couple months ago and posted it here, because I thought it was a good story:

[One thing that I have noticed in a lot of documentaries is that US meth users don't seem to have the best smoking technique and often have a lot of crud and shit in their pipes. Perhaps biased meth docos and episodes of intervention aren't the best indicators to go by but it doesn't seem totally illogical to me that a US meth user mightent bother to learn the optimal way to smoke meth as often as people here given they often pay what we do for a point for a gram. /QUOTE]

When I was firt smoking it, I was smoking it on foil.8(, the prefered way I new from smoking stuff (heroin). Then I discovered the pipe. I think this is the land of plenty hence the waste. Hence the proliferation of SUVs.8)

When I was firt smoking it, I was smoking it on foil.8(, the prefered way I new from smoking stuff (heroin). Then I discovered the pipe. I think this is the land of plenty hence the waste. Hence the proliferation of SUVs.8)

OMG smoking meth on foil? THE WASTE!!! Criminal! haha I have to laugh at your comment on smoking technique footsy, that was totally me the first time i touched a pipe, burnt to a crisp. My mate was all "yeh let me take that back off your hands... how about you try this light bulb instead" :eek:

I've tried smoking gear on foil before, it works to an extent, but it's definitely far more wasteful. Also requires a lot of practice, totally different technique to a pipe.

I always thought smoking on foil was a lot less wasteful if you've got the proper technique??

if you're of an Asian decent, then yes ;)

(I'm not being racist, they just seem to have the whole foil thing downpacked)

I've smoked off foil when desperate, you can create a sort of bowl out of foil which you then stick your sucking tube into, but I think the main prob with foil is the fast rate of heat transfer rather than the smoke getting away.

I've smoked off foil when desperate, you can create a sort of bowl out of foil which you then stick your sucking tube into, but I think the main prob with foil is the fast rate of heat transfer rather than the smoke getting away.

Yeah, first time I tried it I held the lighter fairly close to the foil, like you would with opiates, and I think I burnt 3/4 of the shards. If you don't have a pipe on hand, definitely go for the light bulb option.

if you're of an Asian decent, then yes ;)

(I'm not being racist, they just seem to have the whole foil thing downpacked)

LOL! Makes sense seeing as they're the one's I heard it from too.

I've always been taught to chase it down in a line which is also what I've learnt to do when smoking oxy as it smoke's up better and there's a lot less wastage. I love doing foilie's <3

I've gone to crazy extents, with some lightbulbs you can unscrew the metal and filament crap, but others you have to heat em up on the stove to melt the glue then take the metal bit off the glass with pliars, but in one instance, I broke every lightbulb in the house and so I had to take the largest piece of glass, and rest it inside some foil. I ended up taking this contraption to Bubble and was even getting pipe rent for the piece of shit. That ended when I lent against the hand basin and heard all the glass crunch in my pocket, damn.

Status
Not open for further replies.