• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin Heroin The Beginner's Guide

I don't see any particles, And I didn't when it was 5x the size of that picture either? ... the whole picture is a little blurry though so I can't tell looking back, but as I recall it looked clear to me in the barrel (IRL not the in picture).

Just because you couldn't see any particles floating in a solution does not remotely mean that there's nothing floating around in that solution.

I use a spoon because it's metal (non-porous). I sanitize it before and after I use it (and I store it in a clean container), granted it does have some dings from a couple/few years ago. It's been with me for as long as I've used so it's also sort of........ what's the word? Sentimental value/attachment-thing.

Your metal spoon has pores in it from doing things like drawing up a solution with a needle, scratching the spoon, etc. How exactly do you sanitize your spoon?

I wasn't going to inject it in the first place so what does it matter if I added heat..? It doesn't.

It matters because you are making particles dissolve that would not normally dissolve in water therefore increasing damage to your nose/sinuses/throat.

Regardless of your route of administration, it's silly to use an actual metal spoon for the reasons I stated, that you didn't believe, that wiggi re-affirmed. Using a spoon is stuff you see on TV, not something you should do in real life. The fact that you've been using the same spoon for 3 years is really unnerving. I bet you would cringe if you could see the surface of the spoon on a microscopic level. I know it can be hard to break rituals, but honestly, you're putting your health and life on the line because of a little nostalgia/sentimental attachment to a metal spoon.

There is a lot to learn if you think that your eyes can quantify the problematic particles, most of which are so small/microscopic that the naked eye cannot quantify/distinguish something the size of bacteria or viruses.

I use a shot glass often for a 'cooker'. Its great for mixing your h up, and not stupidly heating the solution because of holywoods depiction of heroin users

What do you recommend for a 'cooker' tricomb? Just curious

For opioids, I agree, a pyrex shot glass or empty prescription bottle work well since you don't ever apply heat.

I use old prescription bottle (cleaned of course) for my nasal methadone solutions all the time. I have so many of them lying around, its nice having them as a disposable container for shit like this. Not sure why I've never use them for heroin though.

^Exactly. I think it's good that you can put the cap on the bottle and then shake/agitate the solution, which you can't really do with most other containers which is probably why people resort to applying heat inappropriately.

quick question about skin popping. i searched this thread and didn't find that it was mentioned, found it in an archive and couldn't reply it was from 2008 so I hope I'm posting correctly, still brand new here.

been using frequently the past couple months but still low tolerance, sometimes it takes a while to hit, some of my sweet spots are healing up so finding different places , still in the easy area in the bend opposite my elbow so haven't had to do top of hands, feet, or anything and hope not to. But I tend to get a little impatient and end up skin popping, I know it's in the vein but not drawing blood, I don't get the rush I want to but in about a couple minutes it does the job. Has anyone else skin popped, does it give you less of a high? or risk anything? just curious I'm a very novice user..

Yeah, skin popping is not good for you, but what you're describing is more of a "miss" or missed injection, when it goes into the tissues instead of the vein (even if it's deliberate in your case), skin popping is when you intentionally inject just under the skin. It's obviously not in the vein properly if it isn't drawing blood and you get a more gradual onset than a proper IV injection. Misses, skin popping and intramuscular injections all put you at a higher risk of complications. Street heroin people get is not clean, it contains various cuts, particles and bacteria, and ironically, properly injecting it into the vein so it goes straight in the bloodstream where it can be filtered by the liver is better than leaving a bubble of liquid cuts and bacteria in a poorly circulated area. This can cause bruising, infections, scarring/damage, abscesses, ulcers, etc, which can lead to much worse medical issues. I don't think doing this is worth all the risks of injection plus more, with few of the benefits - it definitely gives you less of a high and a much more gradual onset. It'd be better to just plug (rectally administer) the heroin (or even snort or smoke it). If you need help hitting the vein please let us know.

Heroin first time use. Snorting.

Hi all,

Sorry for another one of these help with heroin posts, but it would be greatly appreciated.

I've made up my mind that I'm going to try heroin tonight. Please don't reply trying to talk me out of it, it won't change my mind, but I appreciate your concerns.

I am going to be getting a gram of light brown coloured H, I don't plan on IVing it. I have a moderate-high tolerance to opiates, in that I need to take about 100-150m of oxy to get to where I want.

How much do you think would be a good starter dose insufflated, and could I take it orally?

Thank you all.

No I wouldn't take orally. Start with a tiny bump and I mean small. You don't want to get sick as many people do their first try.

Yeah I have fuck all knowledge for heroin. Being driven to it by extremes. Thanks for the advise.

merging with the appropriate megathread.

OP, if you read page 1 of the beginners guide to heroin, you'll find answers to all of your questions.

if you guys are saying it's dumb to use a spoon, then what are you suppose to use?

I've always used a spoon in the 10 yrs that i've done H.Or bottom of a soda can. To be honest I was never sterile about anything. Sometimes if at a house I would wash my hands and injection site and maybe wash the spoon with dish soap. But I've never had a problem. I have gotten "cotton fever" tho a few times.

And when sucking up the solution in a spoon your needle should never be touching the spoon so I don't know why the poster was saying that the needle scratches the spoon.

Also if you're in the states where do you obtain those little cookers that look like little measuring cups?

maybe have the word "dependency" in the Risks section bolded and sized 72 font

if you guys are saying it's dumb to use a spoon, then what are you suppose to use?

I've always used a spoon in the 10 yrs that i've done H.Or bottom of a soda can. To be honest I was never sterile about anything. Sometimes if at a house I would wash my hands and injection site and maybe wash the spoon with dish soap. But I've never had a problem. I have gotten "cotton fever" tho a few times.

And when sucking up the solution in a spoon your needle should never be touching the spoon so I don't know why the poster was saying that the needle scratches the spoon.

Also if you're in the states where do you obtain those little cookers that look like little measuring cups?

-note* this is more for diacetylmorphine in the form of a salt (heroin #4) like what is found primarily through out the USA (powder heroin that is found primarily on the East Coast to Chicago and Black tar heroin found from places like TN, TX, to CA or WA). The UK sees most often diacetylmorphine freebase w/ or w/o additives that help when using smoking as their ROA like caffeine.

There are plenty of other containers that can be users than a spoon which has a lot of downsides. Anything from a shot glass, a 'cooker' from a needle exchange, to a medicine bottle. Heating the solution is not needed when the heroin is in it's salt form as heroin salts (specifically heroin hcl) are VERY water soluble. Yes it is easier with powdered heroin from the east coast to prep with out heating, but it can be done with Black Tar Heroin even if may people try to refute this. To prep with out head for BTH, one must split the BTH into tiny tiny pieces so you maximize the surface area, place in a container like a shot glass with the needed quantity of water, and stir for a few mins till your solution has just little tiny specks of left over cuts from the black tar which you don't want to dissolve (heating will dissolve all this shit). You can then just throw your cotton in, filter it, make sure their is no cuts flying around in the syringe and refilter if needed (a micron filter will of course be the best way to do this, but cotton filtering can work though not as well). Since the heroin in tar is in the salt form it is very water soluble like previously discussed, so if you cut your tar up into little pieces and agitation, it will rapidly dissolve into solution with out any heat being needed.

Just because you never had any problem with your non-sterile practices doesn't mean what your doing is anywhere near safe, nor should be thought to be ok by those who frequent this board (which is a HARM REDUCTION BOARD). If you want to continue to be unsafe with your practices its your life, but don't go telling people that these precautions are silly just because you manage to avoid any health concerns.

Spoons are often pulled out of drawers/been previously used for eating, are some times not handled carefully/accidently scratched by the needle with out realizing it, etc., so there usually are little cracks on spoons. Even freshly made spoons still have some little craves that you can't see with your eye that can be potentially a feeding ground for bacteria. Soda cans especially have these little craves, and generally shouldn't ever be used.

People seem to use spoons most often for a few reasons. One they see it on TV, movies, youtube, hear about it from a senior junkie, etc. Two People also think you must always heat your solution so the spoon makes some sense in it's use, though like discussed you really don't need to heat your solution, so using this as an excuse for using a spoon is dumb. A spoon can carry bacteria easy like discussed, it can also spill easy which should be a concern to a junkie. Its a sad sight to see a spoon get tipped over and solution fall out. There are just better options if you live in the USA and get heroin #4

People seem to use spoons most often for a few reasons. One they see it on TV, movies, youtube, hear about it from a senior junkie, etc. Two People also think you must always heat your solution so the spoon makes some sense in it's use, though like discussed you really don't need to heat your solution, so using this as an excuse for using a spoon is dumb. A spoon can carry bacteria easy like discussed, it can also spill easy which should be a concern to a junkie. Its a sad sight to see a spoon get tipped over and solution fall out. There are just better options if you live in the USA and get heroin #4

Plastic spoons are what the needle exchanges in Australia provide, not cookers. So for me, it's not because Hollywood influenced me, it is because that is what is available. Not that I disagree alternatives are healthier and yes it does suck spilling a spoon full of heroin, muchly.

A. <3

Dosage for first time IV heroin.

Hello, swim was wondering if anyone could help me out by answering a few questions. Swim will be shooting heroin for the first time and swim was wondering how much is good for first shot. Swim usually snorts 3-5 roxy 30s to nod or shoot one dilaudid 8mg. The heroin swim has is very potent China White.

Swim is 6ft, 165lbs, male.

You realize that China White is powdered fentanyl, right? Opposed to #4 powdered heroin. We can't really assume it's pure heroin, but if it was pure heroin, 20mg would be your shot. If it's HQ why are you shooting it though, you snort roxys so snort the dope.

You can also push the plunger in increments, and assess the rush as it comes on and possibly prevent a potential OD

Man I wish you luck, i wont convince you not to go ahead, but it does sadden me when i see a topic like this because i know what a turning point it is in somebodies life. If I may, why not investigate plugging properly instead? Almost IV results with so much less risk? Just saying...

I didnt know it was fentanyl, swims buddy gets the china white and also the NYC heroin stamps which are light brown powder. Which would be best?

and i dont plug anything, Just looking for a little extra info.