• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin Heroin The Beginner's Guide

Questions after using heroin for the first time

Hi girls & boys :)

as the topic title says, i snorted yesterday heroin for the first time. Since, i can't talk about this experience with anybody in real life, i'd like to share it here with you and might ask some questions ;)
about me: i didn't have any prior opioid experience, therefore zero tolerance.

how stuff went yesterday:
In the evening around 8 p.m. i snorted the first bump, which was maybe the size of a match head. i started to feel relaxed and also euphoric, was listening to music, doing stuff on the internet and so on. After aprox. 30 minutes i thought that i should try another bump the same size, cause the feeling was nice, but not as intense as i thought it would be. Therefore, i did so ;)
After 15 minutes i started to feel higher than i wanted to be and it was getting unpleasant. I couldn't barely hold my eyes open and if i didn't force myself to stay up, i would have slept instantly. My vision was blurry, it wasn't possible to read anymore cause the letters were just unreadable. i was in this state for a few hours. After that it got more pleasant again. i nodded but i wasn't feeling as "tired" as before and my vision was also better again.

So, i guess i did to much? Would it have been a problem, if i would just have slept instead of forcing myself to stay up? i was afraid of falling asleep, getting nauseous while i sleep and then puke ....

dirkin

Last edited:
After 15 minutes i started to feel higher than i wanted to be and it was getting unpleasant. I couldn't barely hold my eyes open and if i didn't force myself to stay up, i would have slept instantly.

So, i guess i did to much? Would it have been a problem, if i would just have slept instead of forcing myself to stay up? i was afraid of falling asleep, getting nauseous while i sleep and then puke ....

dirkin

most junkies i know are looking for exactly what you just described. but if it was unpleasant for you, then yes, it was too much.

no one here can really tell you how much is 'too much'... you have to decide that for yourself.

if you do fall asleep, make sure you're not on your back

^^^Yeah, if you're so high that you're worried, or if you're prone to vomiting while on opioids (not everyone is), then it's probably a good idea to stay awake. It's not like staying awake is going to somehow keep you from having a serious/fatal overdose though, just so you know, since a lot of people think that. When you OD you can't stop it, you just pass out and stop breathing without realizing it. As hair-O'winn said, if it was unpleasant then yes it was too much and do less next time. Personally I don't see the point in getting so high you fall asleep, then you waste your high.

^^^Yeah, if you're so high that you're worried, or if you're prone to vomiting while on opioids (not everyone is), then it's probably a good idea to stay awake.

since it was my first encounter with opioids, i didn't know if i'm prone to puking. so, i guess it was better to stay awake ;). at some point i felt a bit nauseous and started to get hiccups, but wasn't even close to puking.
another question that came to my mind:
If i'm snorting, how long should i wait till i snort the next bump? How long does it take for the body to absorb all of the heroin?
The heroin i took was heroin no. 4 (yellowish powder), but the structure was somehow "waxy", meaning that it consisted of small chunks that i couldn't crush further.
Unbelievable that those tiny bumps got me that high. Not to imagine what would have happened, if i would have snorted a big line ...

dirkin

When I insufflated heroin (which was a long time ago, so my onset time may be a little off), it would take around ten minutes for me to start feeling high, though once I became accustomed to heroin's effects, I could notice a subtle mood lift after five minutes. I would usually peak around thirty minutes, so if you've only used heroin once, I would really wait at least an hour before re-dosing as you want to take extra precaution.

And yeah, it's amazing how little heroin can get an opiate naive person VERY high. I remember after detoxing from methadone and staying clean for six + months I sniffed a bump the size of a grain of rice and got insanely high (and I had been using IV prior to my methadone detox.) However, you should be warned, that tolerance grows RAPIDLY with heroin.

When I insufflated heroin (which was a long time ago, so my onset time may be a little off), it would take around ten minutes for me to start feeling high, though once I became accustomed to heroin's effects, I could notice a subtle mood lift after five minutes. I would usually peak around thirty minutes, so if you've only used heroin once, I would really wait at least an hour before re-dosing as you want to take extra precaution.

Yeah, i'll definitely wait for an hour the next time. The last high was to close to passing out. also the blurry vision and some other side effects like that i couldn't swallow weren't that pleasant. My body was also itiching a lot, but yeah that was funny ;)
When i think about it, i couldn't remember what i was doing for about 3 hours, when i was high. i guess i'll tried not to fall asleep ...

And yeah, it's amazing how little heroin can get an opiate naive person VERY high. I remember after detoxing from methadone and staying clean for six + months I sniffed a bump the size of a grain of rice and got insanely high (and I had been using IV prior to my methadone detox.) However, you should be warned, that tolerance grows RAPIDLY with heroin.

yeah, i won't take heroin that often. i guess many people thought that, but what speaks for this plan is that i can't get H that easily. Now, i've got ~0.5g left, which will last for months if i keep my tolerance and don't do it to often, but after that it won't be easy for me to get more. Let's see ...

dirkin

I was pretty sure I posted about the PH on a tar specific forum which I guess has been merged so I will post it here.

I originally asked if anyone knew the PH of black tar (mixed with water) so I did some testing. The tar I used seemed a lot more acidic than usual (And a lot more cut)
The tar I testedcame out to a PH of 4. I found a great thread on another site that talked about using baking soda to bring up the PH which I experimented with. They also posted pictures but I wasn't able to view because I'm not a member which sucked.
Anyway, this is what happened, with pictures.. This is .25-.3, can't remember which, in 1ml of water.

This is the regular tar with water at PH of 4 filtered with cotton (you will notice it is pretty clear):
NSFW:
Clearbarrel.jpg

After filtering I cleaned the spoon and squirted it back. When I added Baking soda I brought it up to a PH of about 7 (adding heat helped the process, but I never let it boil) and noticed a couple things, one being separation/clumps:
NSFW:
clumps.jpg

And the other an oily surface:
NSFW:
oil.jpg

I, again, filtered with cotton to find this left in my spoon:
NSFW:
LeftOvers1.jpg

The "solution" in the barrel of the syringe was not as clear as it was originally. I just "waterlined" it. Even at PH of 7 it still burned like it was acidic, not as much as originally though... It was very hard to gauge how much baking soda I used because I used to little at a time.
Note: I used a syringe that I took the needle off so when filtering I pressed firmly down on the cotton so it is more filtered than would be with using a needle.

Conclusion: Tar is gross. ?

I feel like I'm missing something but can't quite recall...

Last edited:
I was pretty sure I posted about the PH on a tar specific forum which I guess has been merged so I will post it here.

I originally asked if anyone knew the PH of black tar (mixed with water) so I did some testing. The tar I used seemed a lot more acidic than usual (And a lot more cut)
The tar I testedcame out to a PH of 4. I found a great thread on another site that talked about using baking soda to bring up the PH which I experimented with. They also posted pictures but I wasn't able to view because I'm not a member which sucked.
Anyway, this is what happened, with pictures.. This is .25-.3, can't remember which, in 1ml of water.

This is the regular tar with water at PH of 4 filtered with cotton (you will notice it is pretty clear):
NSFW:
Clearbarrel.jpg

After filtering I cleaned the spoon and squirted it back. When I added Baking soda I brought it up to a PH of about 7 (adding heat helped the process, but I never let it boil) and noticed a couple things, one being separation/clumps:
NSFW:
clumps.jpg

And the other an oily surface:
NSFW:
oil.jpg

I, again, filtered with cotton to find this left in my spoon:
NSFW:
LeftOvers1.jpg

The "solution" in the barrel of the syringe was not as clear as it was originally. I just "waterlined" it. Even at PH of 7 it still burned like it was acidic, not as much as originally though... It was very hard to gauge how much baking soda I used because I used to little at a time.
Note: I used a syringe that I took the needle off so when filtering I pressed firmly down on the cotton so it is more filtered than would be with using a needle.

Conclusion: Tar is gross. ?

I feel like I'm missing something but can't quite recall...

The stuff you say is "pretty clear" is straight brown with particles in it. I'm glad you didn't shoot that up because your "filtration" isn't working.

edit: and seriously whats the deal with people using actual spoons as cookers, that's not clean. The needles scratch microscopic crevices into the spoon which becomes a breeding ground for bacteria.

quick question about skin popping. i searched this thread and didn't find that it was mentioned, found it in an archive and couldn't reply it was from 2008 so I hope I'm posting correctly, still brand new here.

been using frequently the past couple months but still low tolerance, sometimes it takes a while to hit, some of my sweet spots are healing up so finding different places , still in the easy area in the bend opposite my elbow so haven't had to do top of hands, feet, or anything and hope not to. But I tend to get a little impatient and end up skin popping, I know it's in the vein but not drawing blood, I don't get the rush I want to but in about a couple minutes it does the job. Has anyone else skin popped, does it give you less of a high? or risk anything? just curious I'm a very novice user..

OMG this is heroin? LOL in central Europe (Germany + Austria) we just get brown/dark brown powder that needs to be cooked up in water WITH an acid to be dissolved... heroin base... but the purity is 0-15% at best. But still, I'd rather shoot this 15% crap (micron-filtered and prepped in sterile water of course) than 50% pure tar heroin. This stuff is gross and I can't believe people shoot this stuff. Just smoke it, or try to get something else. Or do a chemical extraction and convert it to pure diacetylmorphine-HCL. But you'd need the tools and the chemicals, and the knowledge. But please don't shoot that stuff... oh my god!

do not heat your solution, you are just letting that extra shit into your syringe.

Seriously. This issue comes up so frequently I often wonder how we could possibly explain this with a single GIF. Like watching the particles expand under microscope under heat.

i'm about to cop 7 bags

does it really matter if i do 3 fat lines without much time between them compared to like 10 smaller lines over a longer period of time?

i've noticed more of a drip with larger lines, and dope drip is not good, correct?

Does it matter? Idk. Does it make a difference? Yes.

The way the dope is absorbed is highly dependent on each individuals snorting technique. You're not supposed to inhale very sharply, just enough to barely get the active ingredient where you want it, which is the epithelial walls in your nasal membrane.

i snort softly

just UTFSE and found some one mention that snorting long thin lines is a good idea

think i'll try that

if my guy ever calls me

The stuff you say is "pretty clear" is straight brown with particles in it. I'm glad you didn't shoot that up because your "filtration" isn't working.

edit: and seriously whats the deal with people using actual spoons as cookers, that's not clean. The needles scratch microscopic crevices into the spoon which becomes a breeding ground for bacteria.

I don't see any particles, And I didn't when it was 5x the size of that picture either? ... the whole picture is a little blurry though so I can't tell looking back, but as I recall it looked clear to me in the barrel (IRL not the in picture).
I use a spoon because it's metal (non-porous). I sanitize it before and after I use it (and I store it in a clean container), granted it does have some dings from a couple/few years ago. It's been with me for as long as I've used so it's also sort of........ what's the word? Sentimental value/attachment-thing.

In my area I don't usually get BTH but powder that you don't have to add anything to (except cold water) that's pretty clear. You don't actually have to add anything to black tar either (baking soda or heat), I was just experimenting because of the PH and another post on another forum I found.. I really feel bad for people that live in the west that have only this around.

I wasn't going to inject it in the first place so what does it matter if I added heat..? It doesn't. I wasn't about to sit there for 10 minutes waiting for the baking soda to fully react on it's own in cold water. So back off PLEASE about the bloody heating the solution, seriously. Some of you have some serious mightier-than-though-complexes. I've found this applies to a lot of forums, seeing people call other posters idiots, etc blah blah blah. It's very unnecessary.

its called harm reduction. You aren't the only person who reads this forum and can use the advice, so it is very necessary.