• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

heroin overdose help

If I'm reading this correctly you were a "full time Junkie" 10 years ago, got some again and liked it then made a rule not to do it again. Then did it again later anyway but it didn't hit hard enough for you so... ODed her trying to get there and it went bad so now you're swearing it off again. You're not an addict so that should be easy.
That's easier than you preparing better next time to make LIFE saving decisions.
Not LIFESTYLE.

Regarding your first paragraph;
Heroin addicts can have a wife, husband, kids, careers, white picket fence, Daddy is a politician with a huge yacht, and/or all the things you didn't want to risk by getting her medical attention to save her life while she's ODing.
I don't see anything special about you or your situation. Maybe I'm missing it because I don't personally use.

I'm glad she seems ok, wakes up with a different view on some of this and is able to sail off into the sunset.
Best wishes to the kids as well.

@Morfiend1 Is she still doing alright? I'm pulling for her FWIW.

*IF* she turns out to be okay, I do want to apologize for being more than a little overbearing. Opiate overdoses are something that hits very close to home for most of us BLers. Take a look at the shrine and you'll start to understand.

Are Narcan/Naltrexone controlled substances in your country? If not, I bet you could find them online somewhere; otherwise you could also try to get someone from the US to ship some out, though I'm not sure how hard it might be to get through customs. I dont use opoids besides kratom outside of a medical setting, and even I have a narcan shot in my stash in case someone else needs it. Overdose deaths are way too common here, especially with fentanyl and its analogs found around in heroin around here.

Again, I hope you understand that I genuinely had her best interests in mind and didn't mean to come across as a condescending prick or turn you away from BL. It's one of those rare places where people are truly concerned about the safety and wellbeing of others, even complete strangers.

If I'm reading this correctly you were a "full time Junkie" 10 years ago, got some again and liked it then made a rule not to do it again. Then did it again later anyway but it didn't hit hard enough for you so... ODed her trying to get there and it went bad so now you're swearing it off again. You're not an addict so that should be easy.
That's easier than you preparing better next time to make LIFE saving decisions.
Not LIFESTYLE.

Regarding your first paragraph;
Heroin addicts can have a wife, husband, kids, careers, white picket fence, Daddy is a politician with a huge yacht, and/or all the things you didn't want to risk by getting her medical attention to save her life while she's ODing.
I don't see anything special about you or your situation. Maybe I'm missing it because I don't personally use.

I'm glad she seems ok, wakes up with a different view on some of this and is able to sail off into the sunset.
Best wishes to the kids as well.
No, what i meant as a rule, is not to use it the second day after ever and than not anytime soon, as in the few months that passed til now.

We like to use 'responsibly' as in having a wild weekend every 3-4 months or so. It sort
worked til now. Though sometimes we went a bit too far, but always got back to being clean for months and never swore to not do it again. Just not for a while. This time it almost ended fatally, so yeah im admitting that i dont have the control i delusioned myself to have and are done with this. and not swearing anything off 'again'. Just swearing it off.

@Morfiend1 Is she still doing alright? I'm pulling for her FWIW.

*IF* she turns out to be okay, I do want to apologize for being more than a little overbearing. Opiate overdoses are something that hits very close to home for most of us BLers. Take a look at the shrine and you'll start to understand.

Are Narcan/Naltrexone controlled substances in your country? If not, I bet you could find them online somewhere; otherwise you could also try to get someone from the US to ship some out, though I'm not sure how hard it might be to get through customs. I dont use opoids besides kratom outside of a medical setting, and even I have a narcan shot in my stash in case someone else needs it. Overdose deaths are way too common here, especially with fentanyl and its analogs found around in heroin around here.

Again, I hope you understand that I genuinely had her best interests in mind and didn't mean to come across as a condescending prick or turn you away from BL. It's one of those rare places where people are truly concerned about the safety and wellbeing of others, even complete strangers.
Yes shes fine and eating now cause she was starved,

naloxone is prescription only, but ill admit i can get whatever prescription i need. and meant to but was too lazy, didn't want a record of it...

I understand and appreciate the concern

Everyone was a little harsh saying he’s only not getting her help because it benefits him, no?

The situation happened 6 hours before he made the post. He said he did CPR- she came to, luckily- And she’s been responsive.
On top of all that, she said she didn’t want medical treatment! You can’t force that on her!

Obviously OP came here because he’s worried about her. He just through a pretty traumatic experience, as well.
Bluelight is a place where people should be able to come and ask questions without people trying to assassinate his character...
I mean, at least until he goes from Greenlight to Bluelight status and realizes we are all a bunch of judgmental pricks 😉

Everyone was a little harsh saying he’s only not getting her help because it benefits him, no?

The situation happened 6 hours before he made the post. He said he did CPR- she came to, luckily- And she’s been responsive.
On top of all that, she said she didn’t want medical treatment! You can’t force that on her!

Obviously OP came here because he’s worried about her. He just through a pretty traumatic experience, as well.
Bluelight is a place where people should be able to come and ask questions without people trying to assassinate his character...
I mean, at least until he goes from Greenlight to Bluelight status and realizes we are all a bunch of judgmental pricks 😉
I have been raging bitchastic company today thanks to benzo withdrawals.

Sorry if my posts were over the top.
I watch too many murder mysteries or some shit and I'm jaded as hell right now. Was picturing date night in the middle of the ocean leading to woman overboard.
I don't know what I'm even yacking on about.

If she is still throwing up
she needed medical help back then, and i should have called for help and was about to when she started breathing on her own.

in any case she doesnt want medical rescue now, and shes healthy enough to handle dehydration and electrolyte imbalance for few hours

How tf do you know how healthy she is when a doctor needs test to determine that? You're an idiot

If the person is barely breathing perform rescue breathing by pinching the noise and exhaling one breath about every 5 seconds.

But the airway MUST be clear so check the airway.

Once they start to breath more regularly place them in the recovery position.

Monitor if they seem ok.

Get help asap.

Sure its foolish but no need to berate the guy. Or perhaps there is....??
Is that the recovery position btw?

Glad all is well. Will leave you with just one word.

Naloxone

:) Stay safe and enjoy the rest of you vacation.

Wow, thank you for coming here, and keeping us in the loop.
as we have all learned the hard way it is Impossible to be a Recreational user of Heroin ??? We all feel it won’t happen to us,,,, till it does 😯
please don’t play with H !,, you Know better been the full time Junkie!
If it was Bad when I stopped
it will not be Better when I Start !,