• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

heroin overdose help

Morfiend1

Bluelighter
Hello, my friend overdosed on heroin few hours ago and stopped breathing or almost stopped and i applied cpr, and she came to about 5 mins later and seemed fine.

But now she is shivering cold even though its hot and has slow breathing once every ten seconds when she falls asleep.

we are camping in the middle of nowwhere and cant take her to hospital or get ambulance. Is this just normal after overdose? can i do anything? keep her awake with caffeine, etc?

Shivering/shaking is not uncommon with overdose. Do not try to give her coffee to wake her up she could get nauseous and choke on her own vomit. The best thing you can do if you truly cannot get her any medical attention is to put her in the recovery position... laying on her side with legs bent and her head resting on her arm... keep checking her breathing... she could possibly need CPR again

In the future try to make better choices... if you are going to use heroin please get some narcan you can get it without a prescription... and don’t ever hesitate calling 911 for fear of getting in trouble... good samaritan laws protect you in those circumstances... let us know how she’s doing or if you have other questions

i mean she is not passing out or anything, we are in the middle of nowhere literally and we got here on a sailing boat and there is no road here and its night time and im in no condition to seek port. im worried about letting her fall asleep , then she breathes poorly

You selfish individual, this is a HARM REDUCTION forum. Are you really willing to risk another person's death in order to avoid showing the world the state of yourself. Meanwhile you'll sit and feel sorry for yourself posting for the internet.

If you have an internet connection to create this thread then you have all power in that device to get help for the person overdosing even if you're too incapacitated to physically move.

Hopefully when you OD the people around you don't treat you the same way. How you could live with yourself if this girl died and all because you are ashamed is outstanding.

Hopefully this girl makes it out alive and realizes she's best to stay away from people like you. What happens if she does die? If you can't seek help now you'll hardly carry her body to safety will you? You just planning to leave her there to rot?

For now: Get the person some real help. Emergency services have it, if you're too scared to deal with them then you may sit up all night, avoid taking gear yourself and keep an eye on the person until you know they are safe.

In future: Get some narcan, stop giving people heroin and think about the reality of what you're doing here and how much worse the consequences will become with your approach. Just because you're not in the US is not an excuse to not have narcan. If you can manage to get heroin there's no reason you can't track down some narcan or similar.

Last edited:
If the person is barely breathing perform rescue breathing by pinching the noise and exhaling one breath about every 5 seconds.

But the airway MUST be clear so check the airway.

Once they start to breath more regularly place them in the recovery position.

Monitor if they seem ok.

Get help asap.

Sure its foolish but no need to berate the guy. Or perhaps there is....??

its been like 6 hours since the od, shes just throwing up a lot but her breathing seems better when she falls asleep. i really dont know if there could be help sent now if it does get worse. we are in eastern europe on a shore of a chain of lakes in middle of nowhere, i suppose they do have boat rescue...
i didnt call than so i wont call now, she seems better

Next time bring narcan, you almost lost her. Imagine calling the authorities to report that

Perform rescue breathing by pinching the noise and exhaling one breath about every 5 seconds.

But the airway MUST be clear so check the airway.

Once they start to breath more regularly place them in the recovery position.

Get help asap.

she is breathing on her own and has been for last 6 hours....

She’s throwing up a lot!! It doesn’t matter if her breathing is better she’s overdosed.

You need to be taking this seriously and getting some help or you could wake up in the morning with your friend dead. That’s the reality. Get help.

Her electrolytes will be screwed if she’s throwing up. Have you replacement electrolytes? Have you enough for hydration as well? Like honestly, she needs medical intervention.

Sorry didnt read it all.

If you cant get help then place in rescue position. Keep awake as much as possible. Take turns watching her and dont leave unmonitored.

Seriously. Get medical help. Air ambulance, Coast Guard, whatever. Tell them to bring Naloxone.

And FFS, when you have any opioId (Codeine, Morphine, Heroin, Fentanyl etc.) ALWAYS have Naloxone with it. You never know how someone will react to the drug. OK?

she needed medical help back then, and i should have called for help and was about to when she started breathing on her own.

in any case she doesnt want medical rescue now, and shes healthy enough to handle dehydration and electrolyte imbalance for few hours