• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

heroin overdose help

Sorry didnt read it all.

If you cant get help then place in rescue position. Keep awake as much as possible. Take turns watching her and dont leave unmonitored.
ill stay up all night to make sure her breathing stays normal, which it seems mow and she is asleep

she needed medical help back then, and i should have called for help and was about to when she started breathing on her own.

in any case she doesnt want medical rescue now, and shes healthy enough to handle dehydration and electrolyte imbalance for few hours
OMG no she isn’t! Electrolyte imbalance is very dangerous in normal circumstances never mind after an overdose. Whether she wants it or not you need to get her help. You really should have got the help earlier but it’s still not too late. She could die! She might appear ok but I guarantee she needs medical intervention.

Hello, my friend overdosed on heroin few hours ago and stopped breathing or almost stopped and i applied cpr, and she came to about 5 mins later and seemed fine.

But now she is shivering cold even though its hot and has slow breathing once every ten seconds when she falls asleep.

we are camping in the middle of nowwhere and cant take her to hospital or get ambulance. Is this just normal after overdose? can i do anything? keep her awake with caffeine, etc?

Seriously, get her to medical attention asamfp! Call the ranger service or whatever the equivalent is in the country you are in and get her to a goddamn hospital. Take whatever legal repercussions you may face and just know you unselfishly kept your friend alive. Get. Her. Help. Now!!!! Some jail time is nothing compared to having a friend dying on your watch!

OK, but keep a close eye on her please and try to get back to civilisation as quickly as you can in case of delayed reactions.

ill stay up all night to make sure her breathing stays normal, which it seems mow and she is asleep
Do not let her sleep and FFS you must not sleep. You must keep her awake. Heroin can stay in the system for 2 to 7 days so she may still be metabolising the H even if she feels better. How much did she take?

Please @Morfiend1 , you asked what you should do, got a resounding "get her immediate medical help" response. For her sake, grit your teeth, contact the authorities, and do WHATEVER it takes to get her to a hospital. I really hope you step up and do the right thing for both of your sakes...

The shrine doesn't need a new member...

Why did you even make this thread to ask for help if you're refusing to listen to a single post? Is this a troll or what?

Most all active drug addicts are driven by Selfishnes!!!!
i hope if the tables are turned someday, and she lives from this, she will get you help, and not wait to see if you Live 🤬

Why did you even make this thread to ask for help if you're refusing to listen to a single post? Is this a troll or what?

i was hoping to get advise from someone who actually knows whether to keep her awake or let her sleep and monitor her closely when i notice her breathing is not quite normal when she is sleeping.

Calling rescue is not really an option for more reasons than i mentioned.

Btw she is getting better and stopped throwing up. i understand the obvious thing is try to get rescue, but i was not asking for the obvious.

i was hoping to get advise from someone who actually knows whether to keep her awake or let her sleep and monitor her closely when i notice her breathing is not quite normal when she is sleeping.

Calling rescue is not really an option for more reasons than i mentioned.

Btw she is getting better and stopped throwing up. i understand the obvious thing is try to get rescue, but i was not asking for the obvious.

There is no extenuating circumstance worth the life of someone you care about...

@Morfiend1 :Have you ever lost someone you care about to an overdose? No, well I have. 4 fucking times. I would give anything in the world to have the chance to be in a position to help them like you are now. My friends died because noone was there to help them when they needed it most. You dont have to go through that kind of agony, its something that you will never get over. Please, for both of your sakes, step up and get her help!

OP: you continue to ignore the advice of getting her medical help. You have said her breathing is somewhat normal now and she isn’t tired.
Why do you keep letting her go back to sleep?!

I don't think this thread was ever meant to be about what's best for HER. It's about what's best for HIM.
Keeping her alive without anyone finding out just happens to be in HIS best interest.

she needed medical help back then, and i should have called for help and was about to when she started breathing on her own.

in any case she doesnt want medical rescue now, and shes healthy enough to handle dehydration and electrolyte imbalance for few hours

I unfortunately tend to agree with you here at this point, if she is able to breathe unaided at this point, after 6 hours, and has specifically declined medical help, there is nothing anyone can do then. I'm not sure what country you're in, but if that was the case here in the US, no one could force the person to go for help.

As long as her respiration rate is around 12 to 20 per minute, her lips and tounge don't appear blue, then her body is able to oxygenate itself on it's own. The tounge and lips starts to turn blue below 90 percent oxygen saturation, so if that's the case, then I'd reconsider your approach here.

She definitely should get medical attention as soon as possible though, depending upon how long she was unable to oxygenate vital organs, it's a serious possibility for damage. As previously mentioned, slight electrolyte imbalance could be possible, but if this person was healthy prior unlikely to be severe enough to cause electrical problems in the heart. If that was the case, the person would more than likely asking for help instead of refusing it, though.

I was debating whether to add this, but I think it's warranted here. I've been on the receiving end of this, where I've severely overdosed and people with me didn't call for help due to their own concerns, selfish or otherwise. Once I came to and was able to make sense of everything, those people are on my instant worst people of all time list, and to make matters worse one of them was my own cousin.

Life is miraculous, don't let all the other trivial matters get in the way of trying to prevent one's life from extinguishing - for whatever concerns prevented you for calling for help, none of them were justifiable. Life is greater than all. I promise you, that's one of the foundations to this world I had always missed, just how precious and beautiful life really is.

@Morfiend1 :Have you ever lost someone you care about to an overdose? No, well I have. 4 fucking times. I would give anything in the world to have the chance to be in a position to help them like you are now. My friends died because noone was there to help them when they needed it most. You dont have to go through that kind of agony, its something that you will never get over. Please, for both of your sakes, step up and get her help!

She is fine.

I was debating whether to add this, but I think it's warranted here. I've been on the receiving end of this, where I've severely overdosed and people with me didn't call for help due to their own concerns, selfish or otherwise. Once I came to and was able to make sense of everything, those people are on my instant worst people of all time list, and to make matters worse one of them was my own cousin.

Life is miraculous, don't let all the other trivial matters get in the way of trying to prevent one's life from extinguishing - for whatever concerns prevented you for calling for help, none of them were justifiable. Life is greater than all. I promise you, that's one of the foundations to this world I had always missed, just how precious and beautiful life really is.
The concern was not only for myself. She is actually my wife and we have kids and they would be taken from us and shed lose her career as well. We are not heroin addicts.

We like to try different drugs once in a while then stay clean for months. (yes its possible, but its a thin line)
I used to be a full time junkie some 10 years ago, and few months ago i got a small amount of H, we tried it and liked it, but made it a rule not to do it again because of my previous addiction.This was the leftover stuff and we thought it went bad, because the normal amount didnt do much so we redosed....

Our experimenting days are over as this time i made a really stupid mistake which almost killed her.