• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Opioids Heroin and suboxone

How you doing today bro? Work going okay?
Yeah work is going fine.
For the first time today i woke up noticeably sick.
I was in full blown withdrawls for sure because i went to sleep at 11 and woke up at 5:30....
So 6 1/2 hours was all it took to have me in full blown w/d....

how much will the suboxone take away?
All of the withdrawls or just some??

Yeah work is going fine.
For the first time today i woke up noticeably sick.
I was in full blown withdrawls for sure because i went to sleep at 11 and woke up at 5:30....
So 6 1/2 hours was all it took to have me in full blown w/d....

for me it covered all physical wd but depression was still pretty bad. i was detoxing from heavy drinking at the same time tho. ymmv

Buperenorphine is tricky because it's a partial agonist. If you go in with correct expectations, it's fine. I think people who think it's a miracle pill run into a lot of issues.

At around 4 mg it usually allowed me to function normally, out of withdrawal - trying to increase dose to compensate for psychological cravings was always insane to me - because then I'm just becoming more addicted to an opioid with a long half-life and further going to be miserable, because it's a partial agonist, you never get the heroin type high you'd crave.

The psychological cravings are best dealt with in other ways, like treatment, exercising, volunteering somewhere, recovery groups, etc.

And the first few days are not going to be great, no matter what. So if you try to keep fixing it by taking higher doses, you're just going to wind up more miserable after a few days if your objective isn't to maintain high doses for a long period of time.

With buprenorphine, less is more - and it's not going to be a replacement for heroin. Three days of manageable days, but not perfect, will get you to the fourth day and that is usually when buprenorphine shines.

This can be very difficult for some people, and that's when methadone is exponentially better than Suboxone.

Last edited:
Okay so check it out.
I just want to know if im going to be able to go to work tomorrow.
I have had a heroin habit for a while, but i kicked it a few weeks ago and used suboxone to taper off, i was down to 1/4 of a 8mg pill a day and i went to hang out with my gf and we ended up getting some heroin and i got high and i started using again and living with her.
Well i just started a new job and she kicked me out the house and when she did i got a gram of heroin.
That lasted two days.
Then i got a half gram.
That lasted a day, then i got a half gram again today.

so ive been using now for 6 days straight.
Pretty heavy, smoking heroin, a half gram a day.
I just dont want to be sick.
I want to know how bad my withdrawls will be toMorrow morning.
I have to work at 7am, so im thinking ill wake up at 4:30 and take suboxone, maybe 1/2 a pill and wait 30 minutes, and then take another half, then 30 more minutes, and take another suboxone.

i just want to know how bad the withdrawal is going to be.

when i wake up in the morning im never too sick, i just dont feel great.
Then i smoke and i feel really good.

ive been smoking all day, and i have a .3 left.
Should i just smoke that?
Or what??

im just wondering how bad im going to feel.

i have 6 8mg suboxones to start kicking, should i start the suboxone in the morning or should i try to save the .3 for the morning??
Any input would really help

Go buy more dope, fuck suboxone. That shit is poison, stay high at work til you get insurance than find a good rehab. Or just stay high it's more fun than sobriety. Just my 2 cents.

Go buy more dope, fuck suboxone. That shit is poison, stay high at work til you get insurance than find a good rehab. Or just stay high it's more fun than sobriety. Just my 2 cents.

Honestly, even though how you said it is somewhat aggressive, you're not wrong.

Buprenorphine is a worse addiction than heroin or any of the other codeine analogues with short half-lives.

I was on it for 11 years and I've been off of it for 3 years now, and it took rehab and fixing my root cause issues that reinforced my addictions to live a life free from opioids.

Buprenorphine was exponentially worse to get off than heroin or oxycodone or any opioid I've ever done.

Buperenorphine is tricky because it's a partial agonist. If you go in with correct expectations, it's fine. I think people who think it's a miracle pill run into a lot of issues.

At around 4 mg it usually allowed me to function normally, out of withdrawal - trying to increase dose to compensate for psychological cravings was always insane to me - because then I'm just becoming more addicted to an opioid with a long half-life and further going to be miserable, because it's a partial agonist, you never get the heroin type high you'd crave.

The psychological cravings are best dealt with in other ways, like treatment, exercising, volunteering somewhere, recovery groups, etc.

And the first few days are not going to be great, no matter what. So if you try to keep fixing it by taking higher doses, you're just going to wind up more miserable after a few days if your objective isn't to maintain high doses for a long period of time.

With buprenorphine, less is more - and it's not going to be a replacement for heroin. Three days of manageable days, but not perfect, will get you to the fourth day and that is usually when buprenorphine shines.

This can be very difficult for some people, and that's when methadone is exponentially better than Suboxone.

Except for me methadone produces no high at all at least suboxone does produce some kind of high

Methadone produces no high? You must have not taken enough methadone will rock you into a nod for 12 hours straight

Yeah, I have never heard anyone say they got no high from methadone but got high from buprenorphine. Something doesn't make sense there at all, it's the exact opposite for equivalent doses. Nothing to do with subjectivity, it's all about the pharmacology, specifically pharmacodynamics, of both opioids.

Last edited:
of bupe I've done 8-24mg 8 was a slight high but 24mg had me lit n ive done fent patches opana hydro oxy and heroin and dilaudid also 60mg of methadone did nothin for me

Are you on any other medications? What dose of buprenorphine did you take? Tolerance to opioids?

of bupe I've done 8-24mg 8 was a slight high but 24mg had me lit n ive done fent patches opana hydro oxy and heroin and dilaudid also 60mg of methadone did nothin for me

Yeah that really doesn't make any sense at all because most highs from buprenorphine are best usually at lower doses like 2 to 4 mg. High doses like that just saturate receptors with a partial agonist - it's really not a good feeling at all.

Are you on other medications?

I'm sure there's a logical explanation for it, because what you're describing is almost exactly opposite of normal.