• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

Heroin addict gets life sentence for shoplifting

It's only the poor, or the "useless eaters", in the words of the the Nazis, who get sent to prison for decades for trifling shit like this. If you ask me, these laws are a form of social engineering IMHO

Why would businesses not pay taxes therefore churches don't have to? So god does not have to be a cult. Of course they should pay taxes. And they never will.

It's only the poor, or the "useless eaters", in the words of the the Nazis, who get sent to prison for decades for trifling shit like this. If you ask me, these laws are a form of social engineering IMHO

Just like the abortion laws, eh?

:shakes head in disbelief despite listening to this song over and over in the past:

"life in prison for stealing a can of beer..."

I didn't even think shoplifting under $500 could result in any prison time. As its not considered grand larceny. Fact of the matter is there are convicted child rapists who are granted freedom again, that is all the justification I need to say there is no way this lady should spend more than a year in prison, even if she is the worst petty shoplifter in the country.

Everyone is always blaming paedophiles. Why don't we blame Nixon or Reagan or Bush? Seems a bit more logical.

Some of those paedos probably were using too.

I didn't even think shoplifting under $500 could result in any prison time. As its not considered grand larceny. Fact of the matter is there are convicted child rapists who are granted freedom again, that is all the justification I need to say there is no way this lady should spend more than a year in prison, even if she is the worst petty shoplifter in the country.

My understanding is that in California where Jello is from has that three strikes law thing that's made to profit the prison-industrial complex and that others states have adopted that law. It's kinda confusing how California has both extremes of the american political spectrum....but then I think about how they have a population equaling my country so, yeah...ruling through division must be effective there too.

Nixon shouldn't be put in the same phrase as Bush Sr and Reagan. The guy would be considered massively to the far left in america these days. He wasn't trusting usrael among other things. Yeah, we gotta blame him for the DEA, but I assume he wouldn't approve of what the DEA became these days if he was still alive. A president to hate from that era is LBJ, he's the one who put a wedge into what the Democratic Party was under JFK (it was looking like that party was going to be pretty damn promising) and he sabotaged it all ¬_¬ .