• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

help please. best friend is in the mental hospital ... he did acid 5 days ago.

Delusions, psychotic in nature, imagining oneself to be Jesus, sometimes occur among schizophrenic people and LSD can be a trigger for these psychosis-susceptible people. I'm sure many of us have come across the phenomenon of someone claiming to be Jesus before. A diagnosed schizophrenic I know used to tell me and others he was Jesus quite often recently and he had abstained from all recreational drugs for months or years.

Mental illness is bad. :|

How could it be safe? Explain to me a safe way for someone with schizophrenia or bipolar to make any kind of independent medical decisions about ceasing their medication.

Yeah, actually they can. Because they're trained medical professionals rather than someone with a serious mental disorder and/or insufficient medical expertise. People with schizophrenia or bipolar or anxiety or depression (etc) often dislike taking medication for a number of reasons. But these disorders are defined at least in part by bad judgment, irrational thinking, and delusions. When you have a mental health issue, you're the last person you should trust. Unmedicated people with mental health issues can and do KILL OTHER PEOPLE AND THEMSELVES. So you'll excuse my strong reaction to the common refrain I hear around here of "it's ok to stop taking psychiatric medicine because you want to or because you dislike your doctor." That's irresponsible, unethical, and dangerous.

You are using extreme examples, which were none that I was referring to when I posted what I did. Let's make this simple. Friend is diagnosed with depression, and he doesn't like his antidepressants because they made him feel worse. He stopped taking them and now he's better, which was years ago, even though his doctor wanted him to stay on it and keep seeing him weekly. I don't know why you can't understand the words "as long as it's safe." Are you going to say what my friend did wasn't safe? You make such obvious examples of what isn't safe and try to pin that on what I said.

I agree with most of your second paragraph, however they weren't the examples I was referring to. If you weren't too busy being a hot head, you would've noticed that I intentionally put in a disclaimer to explain that the information I provided only happened from my experience.

People who are a little bit depressed and are involuntarily taken in for depression CAN be rational and think for themselves. Again, you list extreme examples which were NOT what I was referring to.

When I said doctor's can't know them as well, what I'm saying is that they don't know how they feel in certain situations, what their personality is like and they may take the person's unwillingness to say what they feel as a sign that something is wrong with them. And if that person is the kind who usually doesn't like confrontation and keeps quiet to people they don't really know, then is it okay to think something is mentally wrong with them? Well, the doctor sure thought so.

If you're going to start an argument, at least understand the context of what the person is saying. If it's unclear still, ask before making accusations. It's foolish to make such obvious examples and accuse someone of implying that when the context is lost on you. I thought I elaborated enough on BL, and I didn't want to do so further just because an argumentative poster wanted to get his point across to everyone.

The actual subject of the thread you're posting in IS an "extreme example." This thread is about someone with obvious delusions. What's the safe way for him to decide to stop taking his medication?

The actual subject of the thread you're posting in IS an "extreme example." This thread is about someone with obvious delusions. What's the safe way for him to decide to stop taking his medication?

There isn't, that's why I said I agree with some parts of your post. It seems that the OP has been past his ordeal anyway and the thread seemed to veer towards the efficacy of treatment from doctors. That's what I was posting about.

Am I really the first to mention "Be Here Now" ?

I am absolutely sure that your friend will get trough this. He might not be the same but he will find his place in society. Give him time.

I also had a trip realising I'm Jesus but I immediatly came to the conclusion that if I'm Jesus everyone else must be Jesus/God too.

I can't explain it better than Richard Alpert/Ram Dass.

Some people laugh at me for reading this book but it has helped me a lot. I can only share my experience.

abeherenow.187.gif

abeherenow.189.gif

abeherenow.190.gif

abeherenow.191.gif

abeherenow.192.gif

abeherenow.191.gif

abeherenow.200.gif

There's more but you can find it all online.

Support your friend through this ordeal !

In the early to mid 90s at the autumn equinox i went on a blind date with a Cherokee woman who worked as a psychic reader. We spent a few hours together at a pleasant waterfront restaurant and after the evening was over I said good night to my date, got home, smoked a bowl to relax per usual.

Then i went into a mania, having delusions about myself and the woman, which kept expanding in my mind throughout the night and the following weeks.

I received some energy from that woman and was deliriously happy, could not sleep for days, writing down everything. At one point about a week into the mania i got a phone call from someone who was looking to hire a carpenter. It was the strangest coincidence since i had been reading the Aquarian Gospel of Jesus Christ. At that point i actually thought it was the real deal.

The only drugs at the time of this episode was good weed. It was many years after my LSD of the 70s and shrooms of the 80s.

This mania gradually wore off and i was back at baseline in 6 weeks, after which i joined a meditation group where i met my current SO.

IMO this wasnt at all drug related. It was triggered by this psychic, who gave me some strange Cherokee energy, perhaps, and about whom i built up a delusional belief.

She was destined to awaken me to my true nature as a very smart and capable spiritual explorer, and she was destined to be by my side in this world shaking adventure that i put together in my mind based on people in my life.

I was extremely fortunate i didnt let it get out of hand as i had inherited some $$$. I have not had anything like that since then. My life is pretty damn good considering all the crazy stuff i went through.

As to the OP of this thread, his friend has some serious issues and will require determined effort to get through the mental fog and on to safe harbor eventually. Just be a friend, do as you would be done by, and keep your eyes on path.

Tripping changed my life for the better, especially my first trip on Orange Sunshine in the early 70s. Talk about therapeutic! Classic textbook full trip experience.

Drugs have amazing powers, and so does the human mind. Working together, they can provide happiness, peace, and direction.

< ~ ! ~ >

Delusions, psychotic in nature, imagining oneself to be Jesus, sometimes occur among schizophrenic people and LSD can be a trigger for these psychosis-susceptible people. I'm sure many of us have come across the phenomenon of someone claiming to be Jesus before. A diagnosed schizophrenic I know used to tell me and others he was Jesus quite often recently and he had abstained from all recreational drugs for months or years.

Mental illness is bad. :|

to give you guys an update. my friend no longer talks crazy but he seems "slow." like he has no energy like his brain is fried. i was hanging out with him and he barely talked =/

i mean i guess its progres that he no longer talks crazy but his brain just seems fried.. he has no personality... he doesnt talk.. =/ even his voice is different...

:( :(

99% sure this is a troll thread. i could tell just by reading the OP.
not a troll thread. i truly hope this shit happens to you you. and you can deal with this. thinking you know it all about drugs. when im here to warn people. fuck you

Hopefully their voice is a bit more baseline. Give your friend time. He is probably dealing with anxiety and feelings of shyness embracing everything that has happened yet returning to life they used to know. The best thing you can do is be there for your friend.

First let me say you gotta be one of the best people to help him get through this. I've been following this thread for a while and you just sticking by him is more help then anything else would be.

It could be anything. Unfortunately one sample set is not enough data to draw a conclusion. It could be his medication, it could be he's not dealing with it correctly or it could as easily be he's not sleeping well or didn't the night before. If it turns out to be how he's dealing with it hopefully it's just for a short time.

Difficult events can be hard to find peace from until you deal with them which could be what he's doing (think Vietnam vet sitting in a chair looking out a window but in his mind the wars still going on) I should write a book because I'm the first to think of the whole analogy!

All of this will take time. Through time and therapy he should be able to recover fully. It's also important to value little steps in psychological recovery so the fact he came out from the other side to this much better is a great thing. I hope he gets well soon.

just to give an update , its been over a year. My friend no longer talks crazy. HOWEVER, he is not the same person. He seems to be very very shy now. mellowed down.Almost as if he is burned out, serrotinin zapped.

But when i talk with him through text message he seems normal and its like the old talk just like he was pre acid trip. But in person, he barely talks... he has a stone cold look on the face... its very weird. pretty much a little over a year after his acid trip, he no longer talks crazy but he is very very shy now. he used to be extremelely talktive before. almost as if he has bad anxiety now? or as if he is super burned out. hard to explain.

but thats the update...

sorry i dont view these forums reguarly... but thats the update...

also i understand that this is a rare thing. i know tons of people (since i go to raves a lot) who do shrroms, acid and are fine... but this can happen, it is rare, and it happened to my friend... unfortunately... its good that my friend no longer talks crazy, but it still upsetting that he barely talks now... he is super burned out. like we will have dinner with friends, everyone will talk, he will just say 3 sentences the entire time. . barely any talk....

but i guess i should be happy that my friend has mad progress and no longer talks crazy, he is just shy now. maybe as time goes on, he will slowly become more social and more energetic again.

no crazy talk. if u met him, u would just think he is shy.... normal and shy.. but he was never shy before...

I used to talk people's ears off myself before I got into psychedelics. I've had people tell me that I seem much more mellow now, and generally I have less to say unless I'm drunk or on stimulants. I think it's a benefit; what do you need all those words for anyways? Just my opinion on it. I'm glad your friend has returned to consensus reality from the sound of things.

just to give an update , its been over a year. My friend no longer talks crazy. HOWEVER, he is not the same person. He seems to be very very shy now. mellowed down.Almost as if he is burned out, serrotinin zapped.

But when i talk with him through text message he seems normal and its like the old talk just like he was pre acid trip. But in person, he barely talks... he has a stone cold look on the face... its very weird. pretty much a little over a year after his acid trip, he no longer talks crazy but he is very very shy now. he used to be extremelely talktive before. almost as if he has bad anxiety now? or as if he is super burned out. hard to explain.

but thats the update...

sorry i dont view these forums reguarly... but thats the update...

also i understand that this is a rare thing. i know tons of people (since i go to raves a lot) who do shrroms, acid and are fine... but this can happen, it is rare, and it happened to my friend... unfortunately... its good that my friend no longer talks crazy, but it still upsetting that he barely talks now... he is super burned out. like we will have dinner with friends, everyone will talk, he will just say 3 sentences the entire time. . barely any talk....

but i guess i should be happy that my friend has mad progress and no longer talks crazy, he is just shy now. maybe as time goes on, he will slowly become more social and more energetic again.

no crazy talk. if u met him, u would just think he is shy.... normal and shy.. but he was never shy before...

Is your friend on medication? Thanks for the updates. I'd love it if we heard back from people on such issues more often. I'm always interested to know if they managed to pull things around.

Unfortunately I have a friend like this. They've never been the same ever since we started smoking weed fifteen years ago. We use to smoke consecutive gravity bongs in the middle of a forest in the dark. We had great times, but they started to spiral downward after about nine months or so; paranoia, severe social anxiety, depression, a generally negative attitude.

They never did recover, and try as I might I've never managed to pull them round. They've missed out on the past 15 years of their life now. I've always been there for them, but meeting up with them now is just strange. They are so negative and paranoid, it's such a shame.

An example would be one of the last times I saw them, we went to town for some drinks (something they'd never done before). We went halfers on some cigarettes, and the way it worked out was that I paid like an extra two pence. I noticed him acting funny afterwards, and then he basically confessed that I'd paid an extra two pence and that if I'd noticed I must think he was such a shitty person, and then he started apologising to me.

To anybody not from the UK, one pence is basically the lowest fraction of money you can spend. Two pence is the second lowest, and the only thing you could probably afford with two pence would be two penny chews. I ended up having to convince them that I really didn't give a shit about two pence, and that he was a mate and it isn't an issue.

It maybe sounds like a trivial thing for me to mark up as a symptom of a broken man, but this kind of behaviour is constant with him, and it makes our infrequent meetings very testing and awkward. His perception of the world is so off balance that he constantly misconstrues things that I say to have some kind of loaded, negative meaning, which just isn't ever the case.

Unfortunately I have somewhat given up on him. I will always be there for him if he needs me, but he seems to rather be left alone.

God knows what's been going through his mind all these years, but it isn't good. He told me (when he was drunk) that a doctor misdiagnosed him with schizophrenia in some kind of bumbling bungled mistake. I'd be surprised if it was really a mistake, but he's built up too many barriers around himself to ever confide in me. Which is a shame because I'm a brilliant person to help with anything like this.

I think it's important to be upfront with your friend and try and find out what's really going on with them, so that you can offer help and support (if they are receptive to it). Sometimes it just requires a little coaxing.

I used to talk people's ears off myself before I got into psychedelics. I've had people tell me that I seem much more mellow now, and generally I have less to say unless I'm drunk or on stimulants. I think it's a benefit; what do you need all those words for anyways? Just my opinion on it. I'm glad your friend has returned to consensus reality from the sound of things.

Whilst I generally agree with this and feel that way myself (I have no time for filler conversation), it is important to remember that in this case it's probably indicative of some kind of underlying trauma/inner turmoil.

Last edited:
Great news, thx for the update btw! I had a similar problem coming off of a 6mth daily ecstasy bender. I over analyzed everything and still do a bit, and that's over ten yrs ago. He probably does prefer to be alone. If I'm guessing right it's the only time he feels that he's not being judged. It's nothing u say or do that triggers it, it's just how things are for him now. Hopefully it's just temporary and he continues to improve little by little. Take care!