• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Help, K lovers!

Where did you hear this term "preset" and why is it used? Please, in the interests of harm reduction, elaborate.

You're not being very helpful at present except, perhaps, to a tiny tiny subgroup of drug users in the part of the world where "preset ketamine" actually means something.

Although even then, going by your other posts, the overwhelming likelihood in my estimation is that this term still won't mean anything useful... but I'd like to give you the benefit of the doubt.

Since you are at it, how about you tell us all about the Himalayan one, just why it is called Himalayan, since Ketamine is only produced as the Hydrocloride salt.

I am no expert.
Just relaying from experience... Several experiences, actually.

It's highly doubtful that I am not the only user on here that has heard the term 'preset'.

To My knowledge, 'preset' is essentially the final product after 'mixing' [the pure, Himalayan] with other unknown, adulterated chemicals.
Then You can go a further step; adding more adulterated substances to a liquid then is distributed throughout the world in tiny bottles. This type or kind of ketamine is called anesket, used for small animals in veterinary set and settings. That looks like the image below.

Preset is cleaner than anesket.

People are converting this sacred substance into something bad. And as We all know... Ketamine is pretty bad right now.

Last edited:
To My knowledge, 'preset' is essentially the final product after 'mixing' [the pure, Himalayan] with other unknown, adulterated chemicals.
Then You can go a further step; adding more adulterated substances to a liquid then is distributed throughout the world in tiny bottles. This type or kind of ketamine is called anesket, used for small animals in veterinary set and settings. That looks like the image below.

Preset is cleaner than anesket.

Anesket is just a Mexican brand of pharma ketamine. Probably one of the more commonly found ket brands on the black market, because Mexico.

Himalayan is the purest You can get. The dark forces of the world shrink down the magical powers of ketamine salt through a mob process.
Ketamine comes from the ground. It is mined from the Himalayan mountains and some parts of Egypt and India.

People are converting this sacred substance into something bad. And as We all know... Ketamine is pretty bad right now.

Are you trolling us?

Ketamine doesn't come from the fucking ground (or the mountains for that matter), it is an entirely synthetic compound, produced from o-chloro-benzonitrile using a Grignard reagent.

The reason you might find that ket today is different from yesterday's ket (besides placebo) is that it used to be easier to divert pharma ketamine onto the black market than it is today. When the authorities started to take stricter measures against the diversion of ketamine, sleazy pharma companies from India and clandestine labs run by the Chinese mafia stepped in to fulfill the demand for black-market ket.

Oh, and virtually all ketamine on the market is ketamine hydrochloride. Ketamine freebase probably wouldn't be snortable.

Actually I am constantly buying S+ Ketamine that feels like is over 80% pure from several sources.
I also found that there are big batches of substance sold as Ketamine is not ketamine at all but a research chemical with a almost identical effect profile, duration, taste and smell.
That's the bad Ket.... And then there is Pub Ket ofcourse, sold as a white powder of extremely low purity, and the market for that is exclusively casual users that purchase it when already out drinking/partying.

@ heatlessbbq - You disingenuously deleted from your post -- after Hodor called you out yet again -- the ridiculous claim that ketamine is mined from mountains and "some parts of Egypt and India".

You should note that the only reliable thing that you've said on this forum came from the same post: "I'm no expert". Also, your bad attitude speaks volumes; it's self-evident here and elsewhere that none of your so-called "entheogenic" experiences yielded a single insight.

Clearly, you have personal and inter-personal issues, and I suggest that you step back and engage in some introspection and/or seek professional help. I'm not saying this because I hate you; I'm saying it because I prefer Bluelight the way it was before your current person showed up.

Yes, it was always me, it took a while for me to locate you, but now, after creating Bluelight with that sole purpose, finally I am triumphant.

headlessbbq, you are just all over the place. Everyone has humored you to this point but you don't seem to know much about anything that you think you do (about ketamine of course - perhaps you're a very smart guy in other areas).

Unlike many other hobbies, or pursuits in life, drugs are one area where just doing them is by far not the best way to learn about them, and will often teach you very little in and of itself (beyond - obviously - the subjective experience - but even this requires later analysis of a sober, rational and educated mind in order to be truly understood).

^^^LOL.

Ok @g0to, that makes sense. With that said I’d argue R-Ketamine is not a thing, and any powdered ket is likely just cut product.

R-Ket is undesirable from everything I’ve heard and it’d be like someone trying to sell l-meth. I’m very doubtful there is any pure R isomer out there but I could be wrong.

From everything I’ve heard racemic and S-isomer are the two versions available.

-GC

Preset means, if I'm not mistaken, that it is pure ketamine produced for pharmaceutical companies, and diverted from licit pharmaceutical use where it would be usually placed into vials etc, instead it's sold on the black market. Usually coming from places where it is easier to do such a thing like Pakistan and India. So basically the highest purity it will go. It says nothing of whether it is S, R, or racemic. Although those places, with the boom in popularity and lax laws around such a thing over there are also probably producing ket that goes straight to the black market overseas and they're most likely doing so with the same equipment that the pharmaceutical stuff is made with. It is kind of a "key word" nowadays because anyone can say their k is preset, but that type of statement doesn't necessarily hold any weight unless you trust the supplier. It comes from the pre-darknet days rave scene, where most times you'd be buying ket from someone that sourced it from someone that sourced it directly from overseas in bulk and they wouldnt necessarily have the inclination or know-how to dilute it, and it was so abundant that the word "preset" would basically mean pure, and anyone who's done ket more than a few times can immediately tell if it is cut or not so it would be bad business to cut it.

Ah, I think I have an idea now where the term "pre-set" might originate from.

Back in the day, ketamine was often acquired in the form of vials of veterinarian/pharmaceutical ketamine solution. The drug was then converted into its snortable form by evaporating the water, thus causing the drug to crystallize, or "set".

So "pre-set" would originally have been a way of telling someone that the ket you were selling wasn't in solution, but that it was a powder that somebody else had either crystallized out already, or that they had sourced from a factory before it had even been made into a solution in the first place. While dealers would probably try and convince you that their product was the latter because it makes it sound like they were "closer to the source", the term "pre-set" to me sounds like it would very often have been the former.
I mean, nobody uses the term "pre-set heroin", probably because nobody makes heroin by crystallizing it from pharma diamorphine ampoules; OTOH, buying hundreds of high-strength veterinarian ketamine vials would have been perhaps been the easiest way for dealers to source ketamine back in the day.

Edit: So the appeal of "pre-set" ketamine would originally have been convenience rather than purity - while a solution in a sealed and labelled pharma vial might have promised the highest degree of purity, you'd have to go through the hassle of removing the water before being able to use it, unless you wanted to IM/IV it.
I've tried to find more info on this online , but it seems like everyone and their mother has their own definition of what "pre-set" entails, and that at this point it has pretty much just become a marketing buzzword used by dealers. However, from a technical standpoint, I would argue my theory makes more sense than the others I've read online so far.

It is most likely cut with MSM (same as mdma and meth)

Also see these reports from Ecstasydata.org:

Both samples of supposed ketamine they received in July 2019 were heavily cut with MSM.

Last edited:
Ah, I think I have an idea now where the term "pre-set" might originate from.

Back in the day, ketamine was often acquired in the form of vials of veterinarian/pharmaceutical ketamine solution. The drug was then converted into its snortable form by evaporating the water, thus causing the drug to crystallize, or "set".

So "pre-set" would originally have been a way of telling someone that the ket you were selling wasn't in solution, but that it was a powder that somebody else had either crystallized out already, or that they had sourced from a factory before it had even been made into a solution in the first place. While dealers would probably try and convince you that their product was the latter because it makes it sound like they were "closer to the source", the term "pre-set" to me sounds like it would very often have been the former.
I mean, nobody uses the term "pre-set heroin", probably because nobody makes heroin by crystallizing it from pharma diamorphine ampoules; OTOH, buying hundreds of high-strength veterinarian ketamine vials would have been perhaps been the easiest way for dealers to source ketamine back in the day.

Edit: So the appeal of "pre-set" ketamine would originally have been convenience rather than purity - while a solution in a sealed and labelled pharma vial might have promised the highest degree of purity, you'd have to go through the hassle of removing the water before being able to use it, unless you wanted to IM/IV it.
I've tried to find more info on this online , but it seems like everyone and their mother has their own definition of what "pre-set" entails, and that at this point it has pretty much just become a marketing buzzword used by dealers. However, from a technical standpoint, I would argue my theory makes more sense than the others I've read online so far.

Also see these reports from Ecstasydata.org:

Both samples of supposed ketamine they received in July 2019 were heavily cut with MSM.
Now there is some accurate information. :)

Screen-Shot-2019-08-05-at-8-27-30-AM.png
Gotta love that preset.

Nevermind that pure ket does not crystallise in big rocks, just tiny shards.

I'd ever seen a rock of K till a couple of months ago when someone showed me a gram chunk he'd bought and gave me a couple of lines, it was really weak but when I googled it "rocky K" was listed, I've only seen it once, it was shit, I'd never heard of K crystallising like that either I'm glad I know its fake after stumbling across this thread

The second image is preset [the second most purest form of Ketamine, most commonly snorted].

You just triggered me posting that picture of K, I'm trying to find advice on having a tolerance break from so it works again and see this fucksake lol
I would presume this is because while your brain does adjust itself again, it "remembers" and can react more rapidly to the NMDA antagonist to induce tolerance and counter the weirdness (maybe clumsy language but don't know how to best describe neurologically, I'm sure you get

That's exactly what I think happens, if I do smaller lines it stops working as well, and it only works by having breaks it's shit

I bought some really good strong K the other day, holed and thought I'd buy more, but as I done small lines to hide it from my 17 year old son who hates me doing it it stopped working I bought another 2 days later which I felt for about half hour doing 0.6mg but the last 0.4mg done nothing so now I need to have a tolerance break

I done small lines to hide it from my 17 year old son who hates me doing it it
Bit off topic and none of my business but I'm very curious about your relationship with your son when it comes to drug use. Why does he hate you doing it?

Is he drug friendly in any way? Assuming that you raised him - how did you attempt to educate him about drugs, and about your own drug use, and at what age? Also, how did you generally approach using drugs yourself when he was younger? Again, assuming that you did raise him from an early age.

None of my business obviously and no worries if you don't feel comfortable answering - I'm just very curious about parents who make a decision not to completely hide their drug use from their children, because I'm sure it's a tricky thing to navigate.

Not having any kids myself, it seems like a huge responsibility in itself and personally I don't think I'm nearly enough of an adult to do it, I can barely look after myself. ;) By 17 obviously kids are adult enough and self-reliant enough to be exposed to the realities of the world, with some caveats, but given the fact that the world we live in is still pretty hostile to drug users, again it must be a difficult thing to navigate... or must have been at one point ("son, you know how you've been taught to obey the law and stay out of trouble - well actually some of those laws are just ridiculous and wrong and I'm personally a fan of some illegal things" ...is something like I imagine the conversation going... :p and even at 17 a lot of kids are unpredictable, irrational, at least I was, so could go a few different ways and again really curious how you handle it. Again really none of my business and I hope you'll forgive me for asking if you don't want to answer, must be a weird and difficult thing being a parent so good for you for trying either way).

None of my business obviously and no worries if you don't feel comfortable answering - I'm just very curious about parents who make a decision not to completely hide their drug use from their children, because I'm sure it's a tricky thing to navigate

My son didn't know about my past drug use till he was 16 going on 17, he knew I'd done drugs before that age but I didn't go into detail as it was mainly when I went raving as he'd be at his dad's when I done drugs

After the age of 17 he no longer wanted to go to his dad's as much, I met a bloke who also done K and my son was fine with me doing it at my ex's house, he once caught me fucked off my face as he came home early from his dad's when I'd thought I could get away with doing it at home lol

Anyway by now he's 17 and a half, he's not going to his dad's much at all but he's going to college, so I took K when he's at college, then of course lockdown happens, I've now got a bit of a K habit I take it few times a month, I have to do it sneakily as he don't like me on it, he's a bit worried as thinks drugs are bad, well he thinks they should be used in moderation

He smokes weed sometimes but wants to make money, not get into drugs and end up like me using pills to sleep, having anxiety and taking K

I've brought him up to know what drugs are what they can do, what they are like, the good and the bad and he ain't interested one bit

Now you ask anyone who's hidden drugs and drug use from their child, all that child wants is to use, they find it more appealing it's the big no no, their parents tell them not to so what do they want to do? Drugs

But because my son knows about it he couldn't be less interested, I've told him about K holes and he can't believe people take that shit and actually want to achieve the K hole lol

So now me and my son have said I can do K once a fortnight, yes I've been naughty and had sneaky lines in between but I fucking love that stuff, I'm an anxious person and it makes me forget

I have generalised anxiety disorder and all I can think about is how cruel the world is, all the animals suffering, the poor polar bears being emaciated and losing they're icey homes, all the kangaroos and koala bears being burnt to death in Australia and all the starving abused animals during lockdown that either have no home or are a abused by nasty people

I don't know what sort of GAD makes animal lovers like me get so fucking upset and depressed about the cruelty those animals suffer but I can hardly cope with this world and K is my escape

"son, you know how you've been taught to obey the law and stay out of trouble - well actually some of those laws are just ridiculous and wrong and I'm personally a fan of some illegal things" ...is something like I imagine the conversation going

This is hilarious I read your message out to my son and he also laughed at this, it's basically what I said, but I didn't sit him down, it was a few comments here and there, some jokes and stuff about drugs and one day being pissed and telling him all about K, I hardly drink you see, and this was the first time I was drunk in front of him and man did I have some funny story's to tell him about me on K, back then I barely done it, it's only in the last year I've done it this much

He's got a good head on his shoulders, I get complemented on how I've brought him up, honest only yesterday while looking at motorbikes the bloke helping him set up insurance said to me "well done on how you've brought him up, he's intelligent and don't take no shit"

His college teachers tell me, random people tell me, his school used to tell me

I'm proud of him, he's worked hard at a fast food place he saved 2 grand and just bought his motorbike he's been wanting for a very long time, he gets it tomorrow and he's also aggreed to stop his furlough early and return to work so that he has a definate job to go back too

Thanks for asking, its a pleasure to answer rather than people judging me I like to explain how and why I let him know about drugs

Sounds like you've handled things well and done a great job parenting honestly, thanks for sharing. I would imagine you do get some judgement unfortunately but from what you've said I can't see how anyone could claim otherwise. Honesty and transparency for sure is best I think, it's great to hear you have such a healthy and open relationship in that sense. For sure, I'm sure so many kids are turned towards destructive habits (not necessarily drugs - there are of course many others) just out of a desire to rebel. My own parents did their best, in many ways I was very lucky growing up to have them, and I am grateful now for everything they did for me, but they were also in some ways very controlling and overprotective at times and for sure I was tempted to behave in a way I knew they would disapprove of... as much as I like to think my own interest in substance use stems from a deeper interest than just childhood rebellion I haven't outgrown. 😄

As I say anyway sounds like your son has a good head on his shoulders indeed. When I was 17 I was very immature, entitled, lazy, irresponsible, I got by by sheer good fortune in many ways - and also, it has to be said, the patience and generosity of my parents to support me for longer than they probably should have needed to... but if I was born into a different environment, without that support structure, I could be in a far, far worse place today than I am, and my life could have turned out very differently. Good to keep these things in mind I guess, just speaking for myself, whenever I feel like bitching about something that really doesn't matter that much...

Anyway very happy to hear your son is doing well and has turned out so well, I'm sure parenting isn't easy, and raising one more good human is an important contribution to the world, the value of which really cannot be overstated... the more good humans we have, the brighter the future of humanity. I hope you can remember that, and the significance of your contribution to a bright future for all of us whenever you're feeling down. 😉 And again thanks for indulging my curiosity.

Thankyou @Vastness me and my son do have an open relationship, he confides in me, he's learnt honesty is best policy because at my friend's wedding he watched them all smoke a joint, weeks or months later he tells me he has tried weed with his mate ages ago before my friends wedding, I was so annoyed he didn't tell me when it happened lol, then he said "remember at such n such's wedding and they smoked weed?" I said "yeah I know and if I knew you'd of already tried weed I'd of let you have a few puffs" hahaha, he was so pissed off, he said "I watched them all passing the joint and really wanted to join in"
He now he just tells me when he buys some and if he's going to have a smoke in his room, which isn't even that often, once every couple of months or so, he even asks me to skin up for him, I don't smoke it, it makes me jittery and paranoid although I took xanax once to be able to join my son for a spliff

I'd rather he got stoned here, safe in his bedroom either on his own or with a friend than out at the park, or street corner like most teenagers who try and hide it from thier mum

Yes, no doubt that is better! I think people often don't stop to consider the damaging effect that dishonesty in even one area can have in eroding trust and a feeling that one can be honest in all areas, for both parties involved. Again I don't know the first thing about parenting and no disrespect to my own, I like to think I turned out OK so obviously they did something right lol, but I remember when I'd smoke weed at my parents house I'd be like "I'm going for a walk" or something, and then come back stinking of weed. :sneaky: In retrospect it's so obvious and stupid, I mean what kid just goes for "a walk" anyway? They no doubt knew but it was easier to pretend they didn't to avoid addressing the situation, I probably thought somehow they didn't know but also it was just easier to assume they didn't and keep up the deceit, on both sides. Equally I think overly strict authoritarian parenting has damaging effects for the same reason, I remember thinking when I was a kid after a while, that I had obviously been too honest about some things and it would be easier if I just stopped communicating with my parents or did so as little as possible so they wouldn't give me shit about whatever I was doing. Even now as a (technical) adult I know I have issues with any situation where I feel like I'm being controlled, and will react either by withdrawing or with disproportionate anger (both a lot less now - but when I was in my twenties moreso)... there's a psychological term for this I believe, "counterwill", just acting in a deliberately opposite way to the controlling force that one resents, whether or not that is in one's best interest in reality.

Of course - this need for honestly goes both ways - children make choices too, even if those choices are less informed, less "free" in a sense as they're a lot less aware of the workings of their own mind... so there are probably arguments that at the very least "young adults" whatever that age range is, have some moral responsibility to be as honest as possible with the responsible adults in their life - and dealing with the issues this raises head on rather than learning to use deception to get by... but the vast majority of the onus of responsibility for honesty and to teach the importance of honesty is of course with the parent, or responsible adult, as the younger humans in their care do not yet have a full understanding of their own mind, let alone the world they live in.

I commend you for introducing what is usually a very divisive, painful, misunderstood and even taboo subject into the relationship with your child and he feels he can reciprocate. That's a real acheivement there. And he even accepts your ketamine use too... jeez, I would find it so surreal to do ketamine with my mom :|

My father was the example of the opposite, what not to do. Over the years I got the true story: he was even more of a wild child than I was. Okay, sure I smoked weed, did a little acid, maybe some opioids, liked dissociatives a lot, and hustled a little to afford some nicer things. My father, in contrast, was transporting wholesale cannabis and cocaine cross-country, operating a series of clandestine labs producing all sorts of shit (synthetic racemic cocaine, phenyl ether of tropinol (which caused a friend of his to have a stroke), bulk MDA, MDMA, synthetic THC analogs, making prodine, etc). He was riding motorcycles and packing heat, had several friends consumed by addiction/despair/suicide/legal shit, got my mother addicted to opioids for a while, etc. I'm told he almost made fentanyl but lacked one reagent needed. And yeah, I believe most of this, in fact I know for certain that there are much darker stories that he will likely take to the grave.

What I didn't get was this: why not tell me any of this early on when the 'experimentation phase' was obvious in me? Any and all of my drug use and its associated fuckups was a source for him to grind my ego down by belittling my intelligence and act higher-than-thou. If the apple landed too close to the tree it would be wholly unnaceptable to him it seems. My interest in pharmacology was not something that I could be proud of, in his eyes.

I bet you things would be very different if, instead of the day I was forced to go to the GP in tow behind my father because he was certain I had some vague neurological problem causing me to act out by doing All The Dope, instead we went to the park and took some MDMA and talked. Oh welll.