View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Help, K lovers!

Blind Melon

Bluelighter
So a trusted source gave me some "ketamine" and I can't figure out wtf it is. It came as one half g crystal, looked like meth. Nothing like powder K I've seen, and I normally go liquid. After bumps I moved to lines that were too big for k. Product took a long while to take hold but did feel K-ish. Weaker I guess. Slightly minty drip. Tried all the pcp varients. Wondering if anybody recognizes my discription

Today's ketamine is no longer just diverted veterinarian or pharma ketamine. Ketamine use is widespread in China, and the demand for black-market K is filled by countless clandestine labs littering the countryside. Eventually, the triads expanded their business by exporting ketamine to other markets; consequently, the appearance of street ketamine may vary more widely than it used to.

Also, if your ketamine looks like meth, there's also a good chance that the dealer simply figured they'd cut it using a cutting agent normally used to mimic the appearance of methamphetamine, like Isopropylbenzylamine or methylsulfonylmethane.

Snorted a whole gram yesterday over the course of a few hours and didn't get anywhere near a hole, but I presume I must've built some sort of insta-tolerance by doing bumps first, then lines later on.

Or I had shitty K.

Thats def shitty K.
There is not much instant tolerance with K, its more of a slow build up that lasta forever.

I used to be able to hole on about 200mg of decent ket snorted.

Thing is it didn't look cut at all, came in one chunky crystal - I may have some sort of higher tolerance to dissos from using them over the past 10 years. Also by 'over the course of a few hours' was more like over the course of an entire day. I've heard perma tolerance is a thing when it comes to NMDA receptors. Though I did manage to hole around 8 months ago. I was also on 4-ACO-DMT that time though :D

It's only been a week or so since the last time I used Ketamine...or shitty Ket - either way I'll give it a break for a while.

If it came as one big half gram chunk, and a gram didn’t do shit.. It’s cut all to hell.

I’ve been noticing this more too. Got a batch last year that was bigger chunk than I’ve ever seen but felt weaker and had somewhat of a shitty comedown. Nowadays I more aim for the tiny little needle like grains of crystals. There is good chunk out there but it’s usually small pieces, not large.

-GC

Same as with MDMA, somehow a lot of people think that big chunks=pure, because the only way to cut a drug is to grind it to a fine powder and then add any white powder to it. ?‍♂️
So dealers cut drugs now with substances that help them make bigger crystals.
Nevermind that pure ket does not crystallise in big rocks, just tiny shards.

Yeah, recrystalising substances after cutting them is a way of making it look more pure. Like I notice how amphetamine gets sold whet as to appear fresh but really it is just liquid to add to the gram's weight....All pure K I ever got were tiny pieces of crystal that frustrate me that I need to crush all of them first. Where is MXE when you need it?

So a trusted source gave me some "ketamine" and I can't figure out wtf it is. It came as one half g crystal, looked like meth. Nothing like powder K I've seen, and I normally go liquid. After bumps I moved to lines that were too big for k. Product took a long while to take hold but did feel K-ish. Weaker I guess. Slightly minty drip. Tried all the pcp varients. Wondering if anybody recognizes my discription
Most of the ketamine rallying about as of Now [2019]. - - - - - - Is crap.

Ketamine should not look clear, like meth or moly, Mate.

B1160527680.jpg

This is what ketamine is supposed to look like.
First [top] image is pure, Himalayan, hydrochloride, salt Ketamine.
The second image is preset [the second most purest form of Ketamine, most commonly snorted].
Screen-Shot-2019-08-05-at-8-27-30-AM.png

Last edited:
That second picture is how the shit I buy looks. Those fine slender crystals that some folks just snort as is.. (I don’t lol.)

That said I’ve bought chunk that was pretty good over the years. I was always under the impression that the finer crystals were S-isomer while the chunk was racemic. The dosages and effects seemed to fall in line with that.

It wasn’t until last summer that I came across chunk that seemed much bigger than ever before but also not nearly as potent. Also it had kind of a nasty comedown instead of the afterglow I’m used to. And to top it off, it was fiendish making me want more and more. All of this is very atypical for me and ketamine.

As someone else said, just like with MDMA and meth, illegal producers are cutting with shit that gives large chunks which to some indicate purity.

Nowadays I’ve sworn off chunk unless someone gives me a bump and it impresses me. Thankfully there’s still the shit like in pic #2 if ya know where to look.

-GC

Those fine slender crystals are an indication of 'preset'. Pins and Needles.

No idea about the isomers...
All I know is from experience.

Which is a more attractive experience?...
Feeling nauseated, unwilling to move in a psychedelic drunken haze?
Or... Blissfully, floating about within the divine, spiritual rollercoaster of YOUR mind?

There is not much instant tolerance with K, its more of a slow build up that lasta forever.
In my experience, there IS an "instant tolerance", or at least, a "fast tolerance" than kicks in quicker the more you use.

I regularly take breaks of 4-6 months and am able to hole on roughly the same amount as always when I return. However I have noticed that after the first hole (usually ~250mg ish) if I try to hole again it is a lot less intense. I usually don't even bother because my nose seems to be able to tolerate less ketamine these days... however I did use to be able to hole almost continuously for days.

Equally sometimes if I don't hole early enough in the session and just do low doses for a few hours, it will no longer be possible to hole eventually (I mean, maybe it would be with like a 500mg line... but again, nose issues and trying to be sensible prevents me from doing this usually). I would presume this is because while your brain does adjust itself again, it "remembers" and can react more rapidly to the NMDA antagonist to induce tolerance and counter the weirdness (maybe clumsy language but don't know how to best describe neurologically, I'm sure you get the idea though).

Those fine slender crystals are an indication of 'preset'. Pins and Needles.

No idea about the isomers...
All I know is from experience.

Which is a more attractive experience?...
Feeling nauseated, unwilling to move in a psychedelic drunken haze?
Or... Blissfully, floating about within the divine, spiritual rollercoaster of YOUR mind?

Lol preset? Dude... Also isomers are something you should probably study up on if you’d like to not sound like a k’ed out wook with no sense.

-GC

I don't want to.

All I know is that 'preset' is dirtier and cut with poison. Just like all kinds of ketamine.
The only kind that is not cut with crap is in the first image above.
Labeled as "pure, Himalayan, hydrochloride, salt Ketamine."