Positive Help and advice: getting off Heroin in the UK

No, I was completely sick after using 100 gr of heroin and someone told me to use loperamide, I was already sick for two weeks and I tried to kill myself, I'm forever thanfull for his help. I took about 10 loperamide pills and I was completely fine again. I hope you try it.

You took 100g of heroin, was sick for two weeks, tried to kill yourself then took 10 tablets of otc loperamide and you were absolutely fine forever? Hmmm....

Absolutely, yes. I reccomend it to anyone who uses opiates. It's like how they dose micrograms dosages of buprenorphine on bandaids, it is comparable because loperamide is a very light opiate. You don't have anything to lose this way so I hope you try it.

I haven't any loparamide. Is it sold over the counter in chemists?
@Aeon Psyche 100g or 100mg habit?

I managed to taper from 100mg daily and was down to 70mg daily over last 2 weeks. Till I dropped off yesterday

Anyhow I have no choice but to stick it out as have no supply source now.

Yes I'm aware that the Peak is 3 days and I'm day 1. Still I know I'll succeed at this point. Thanks for tip re booze. The one beer was good and some canabis has helped.

So now to bed. Been on a bike ride this afternoon and plan another tomorrow. Natural endorphins surely help

Absolutely, yes. I reccomend it to anyone who uses opiates. It's like how they dose micrograms dosages of buprenorphine on bandaids, it is comparable because loperamide is a very light opiate. You don't have anything to lose this way so I hope you try it.

I kind of see your point, but I don't understand the 100g bit. Obviously that wasn't in one go, but over what period of time was that consumed? Also, you'd gone through two weeks of turkey, it was nearly over - so I can believe a bit of loperamide took the edge off enough for the final hours. But do you really think it would have made much difference after say 3 or 5 days into the rattle? For the record, I have tried it, but only when I'd reduced my methadone script down to a low level and had got a bit greedy and necked too much chasing a buzz, thus leaving me dry for a couple of days. Yes, it helped, but mainly with the physical symptoms - it's the psychological ones that get you.

Thought u would have been clean by now mate. lol

Me too 😁 you can imagine why I took longer than planned,. My excuses. :
Xmas socials
Enjoy more holiday
Then realised I'm back at work next Monday so I got with the plan and am now suffering but relieved to have started to get free.

All the best man!!!

Thanks for your wishes and support. It was only after starting this thread and getting advice and support on here that helped my resolve

Excuses are what addicts are best at mate. its one thing lying to others but when u fall for ur own lies it’s a downward spiral

I haven't any loparamide. Is it sold over the counter in chemists?
@Aeon Psyche 100g or 100mg habit?

I managed to taper from 100mg daily and was down to 70mg daily over last 2 weeks. Till I dropped off yesterday

Anyhow I have no choice but to stick it out as have no supply source now.

Yes I'm aware that the Peak is 3 days and I'm day 1. Still I know I'll succeed at this point. Thanks for tip re booze. The one beer was good and some canabis has helped.

So now to bed. Been on a bike ride this afternoon and plan another tomorrow. Natural endorphins surely help

Yes, loperamide is OTC everywhere. Mostly known as immodium.

I used 100 gr over a period of a few months.

Still going strong, 43 hours now since last dose. Last s night was crazy. I don't recall much but my gf claimed i was wandering around talking shit.

Had some benzos cannabis immodium and a night shot of whiskey. Couldn't sleep or stay still. Wanted to go for a walk gf stopped me as wasn't stable on my feet

Then at 8am crashed and just woke up at 1500 feeling whoozey but not bad. So almost day 2. I have one day before peak then I hope to notice improvements

Last edited:
I used to call that limbo lol too tired to stay awake and too sick to sleep. When I quit methadone it lasted 2 weeks and nearly lost my fuckin mind.

if u start achin take hot baths. Also look at gettin sports drinks with electrolytes to replace salts and minerals u losing.

When I quit methadone it lasted 2 weeks

2 weeks! Man that's tough. You obvious got though it though.

I'm really hoping for or a shorter version. One more night would be hard enough for both me and gf.

Seems I took a shower around 3am so my gf said. She thought it would help still my wandrin legs, seemed to work.
Not had too much hot!/cold Shivers and flushes yet. Is that what awaits?

Anyhow not going out to a planned party tonight seems a bit much effort. Gf going so will be alone which has mixed blessings.

50 hours free.
Very disturbed night more for the my gf than me. Seems I was wandering around a moving drastically around the bed. She moved to sleep on a matress on the floor.

Wolk up with weak limbs, slight nasea. No real craving fo H. Just a lethargy

Had radox bath, and some rice and veg but still out of it. Lying down now 9 reallynlookinhngitliflelessbslightly
must be 1/2 way though.

Last edited:
Sorry incoherent post above.
Slept till 1930. Bit better. Weak still.
Can't wait till normalcy happens but without need to snort H to feel fine. Aim to enjoy things more for themselves

Day 4.
70 hours clean
Another restless night
Frank discussions with gf today who was supportive and suggested I deal with some stuff from my past

Not achey any more but weak and a little down. Went for a walk which was good.

I feel like I'm almost there and since that was my first ever opioid addiction
And that while it was fun to start the later downsides like the need to use, reduced sex drive and I suppose reduced enjoyment of other things (both of which I hope will return soon) made the addiction not a way I wish to live. So never using opioids again

Do you think you would be able to just use occasionally and not get addicted again?

Do you think you would be able to just use occasionally and not get addicted again

That's seems to risky. So no I won't.
The downsides I mentioned as well as lying to my gf while using led to guilt

Also I expect the get back joi de vivre which I don't wish to lose again