Positive Help and advice: getting off Heroin in the UK

I note you don't mention things like benzos booze or weed for relaxation.)
Yeah, mostly just for the sake that they can all be problematic to the person fresh in recovery, or limit to how far into recovery you can go(because you are just switching one for another). From a harm reduction standpoint, switching from H to just getting stoned all day is good. From a recovery standpoint, it is progress, but it isn't optimal. Especially while you are withdrawing, would not recommend weed or booze. Maybe a few low doses of benzos to help with things like insomnia, anxiety, and nightmares produced by the WD's, but only if it can be done in a way that isn't going to lead to a benzo habit. Booze(ethanol) can probably help with some of the same symptoms, but the problem with it is that when it enters the blood stream, it effects every organ in the body and will hinder your recovery time.

As hard as it is, it's best to sweat, shake, and sleep it off as much as you can for the first few days(making sure to at least stay hydrated), then slowly start introducing exercise (back) into your regimen. When you are able to get into intense workouts again, you'll start naturally producing endorphins which give you a powerful feeling similar to being doped up but without the nods. It will take a few months to maybe 1-2 years for this natural high to really come back, as your body has adjusted to abnormally high levels of chemicals that mimic endorphins.

Also, interacting with other people in a positive manner can stimulate feel good neurotransmitters like dopamine, serotonin, and oxytocin. It's one of the reasons why group therapy is so effective in treating substance use disorders- you can kind of get "high" off of other people.

This... Tells me everything. Your not gonna make it with a some bullshit like that.
Hopefully OP is able to use negativity like this for motivation. Just another person who doesn't believe in you, but as far as I'm concerned, just another person who is going to be wrong. I believe in OP. Just because you can't imagine it doesn't mean it's impossible. What's unbelievable to me is normal life to some others.

Of course "one last one" is the junkies infamous last words...

Take advantage of that time of to get a jump on your recovery. If you're doing any dope at all during that time off, you're cheating yourself, imo. Use that time to be dope sick and go through it. There won't be an easier time than when you aren't working and don't have to deal with the daily stresses of work.

Cold turkey! Do it & do it now !!! I’m at 1 G / day and I’ve tried cold turkey a few times and lemme tell you if there was a knife within reach I would of ended it. You will be fine - very uncomfortable and wanting but just imagine how much worse it can only get ... and remember how strong you are!💕🌙

Hopefully OP is able to use negativity like this for motivation. Just another person who doesn't believe in you, but as far as I'm concerned, just another person who is going to be wrong. I believe in OP. Just because you can't imagine it doesn't mean it's impossible. What's unbelievable to me is normal life to some others.

Of course "one last one" is the junkies infamous last words..

Well, the motivation he has now in this moment to stop is gonna be altered after 2 more grams of smack. 15 years of experience tells me this pretty clear. Its just a bad technique..

Thanks to those who believe in me and have reassured me that my hapit isn't as big as I'd assumed out of ignorance. (I've now stretched my last 2g to 25 days so I'm on 80mg daily snorting 20mg 4 times on average)

While I understand those that think that while I'm motivated I should stop using NOW. I genuinely have a Plan which is working ie have been tapering and will continue till the Xmas holidays then have a long stretch to recover.

I have so many reasons to make this work with the additional motivation to prove Benzorider wrong 😅😁😏

Also great advice Mafioso.
I currently seem to still get a buzz from my exercise which is necessary for my work. I focus on this when I went 30 hours without last week. It helped.

I've no plans at all to use once I've stopped in December as I know there's no halfway house for me.

I'm still scared but less so since people have posted here with detailed advice so I know what to expect.

Well, the motivation he has now in this moment to stop is gonna be altered after 2 more grams of smack. 15 years of experience tells me this pretty clear. Its just a bad technique..
The motivation anyone has going into opioid withdrawal is going to be drastically altered 2 DAYS into withdrawal, so what's your point? If one is that short sighted, the problem isn't momentary motivation, it's lack of long term goals and pursuit of them. I suppose you would suggest OP goes cold turkey, goes to a 30 NA meetings in 30 days, and works the 12 steps? What exactly about tapering is "bad technique"? I would expect someone with all the answers to share more than their own negativity with the rest of us.....

Good luck.
There's an oad clinic in London that does buprenorphine maintenance with weekly pick ups at your local chemist if you google. But it sounds like you r doing well with the taper x

OP you are in the UK so you can order some codeine linctus off a few legal online pharmacies with ease and use that to taper. Do it over a weekend to get the worst out the way. Once you begin to stabilise you will find it pretty easy to taper on codeine as it's a much weaker opiate. Also you know the dose is consistent with no risk of fent etc.

You mentioned snorting lines but UK heroin is #3 which doesn't tend to do much up the nose. Assuming you have actual heroin not fent, it should be very easy to taper from such a small amount because I assure you that you are actually dosing less than 100mg a day in reality, not only because smack is low purity, but also because most of it is not absorbed through that ROA when it is #3.

The motivation anyone has going into opioid withdrawal is going to be drastically altered 2 DAYS into withdrawal, so what's your point? If one is that short sighted, the problem isn't momentary motivation, it's lack of long term goals and pursuit of them. I suppose you would suggest OP goes cold turkey, goes to a 30 NA meetings in 30 days, and works the 12 steps? What exactly about tapering is "bad technique"? I would expect someone with all the answers to share more than their own negativity with the rest of us.....
Jesus christ..

This guy could be clean in 10 days with that low dose.

The best option for him is to call in sick for a week or 10 days, get rid of any drugs, and just stop.

Get some Loperamid for the shits, Clonidine for racing heart and for the hot and cold chivers, Doxylamine for sleep and Ibuprofen for joint pain. Maybe even some Gapabentin the ease it up with 600 mg x 3 a day, each 6-7 hours.

Why drag it out if you want to stop, why taper a 0,1 g a day habit...?

you can order some codeine linctus off a few legal online pharmacies

Considering I'm tapering with H 8s it worth switching? I have the final 2g to taper with till 18 December. The day I start holiday and end addiction. (I'd rather do it this way than take time off work)

UK heroin is #3 which doesn't tend to do much up the nose. Assuming you have actual heroin not fent,
#3? Hmmm I wonder if that is the case. It seems pretty good qual.
Also how would I know if it was fent? I It tastes like opium which I've used as tea

Get some Loperamid for the shits, Clonidine for racing heart and for the hot and cold chivers, Doxylamine for sleep and Ibuprofen for joint pain. Maybe even some Gapabentin the ease it up with 600 mg x 3 a day, each 6-7 hours
Thanks for this. Will stock up come the time.
As I've said. This place has really helped make what seemed a huge hurdle bevome manageable.

Last edited:
why taper a 0,1 g a day habit...?

Because I believe that even on such a low dose WD would seriously affect my work, no?

So tapering to get me to 18th December when I'm off work. I should be well over the worst by xmas

Considering I'm tapering with H 8s it worth switching? I have the final 2g to taper with till 18 December. The day I start holiday and end addiction. (I'd rather do it this way than take time off work)

To be honest if you are able to keep your taper going smoothly you might as well. When I tapered off oxy I used oxy for most of it then codeine for just the last stretch when I jumped off the oxy.

#3? Hmmm I wonder if that is the case. It seems pretty good qual.

All UK heroin is #3 which basically means it isn't very active if you put it up your nose because it's freebase not HCl. It does still work, but you get a low BA, and H is already notoriously impure. If you got it on the DNM (you mentioned ordering it so I assume this is the case?) it'll be better than street gear but good DNM stuff is still only about 20%.

Also how would I know if it was fent? I It tastes like opium which I've used as tea

Fent is much more potent. I don't know what fent tastes like, but H should have a vinegary smell. If it tastes similar to opium that does suggest it's H.

.1 a day is not fuck all compared to a doctor's dose it's still not alot you can get bad withdrawal taking 240mg codeine a day or tramadols Its a strong addiction opiate the withdrawals won't be terrible cut down to half a point to a quarter point or see if get some tramadols or codeine phosphate for the first couple days then lope for a few days.
If you are not under NHS as a addict try get pregabalin that help alot they may give them out to addicts I'm not sure pregabalin is very addictive though bad withdrawals

Thanks
So to clarify. You think it worth while just reducing my H dose by half then half again, so from current use of 100mg per day to 50 then 25mg?
Over what period. I'm attempting this taper though not accurately, just eyeballing a line estimating each line is 20-30mg

You're suggesting I move to codeine when I jump of H?

I've not registered as an addict yet and from what people are saying here no point as they prescribe methadone which is overkill considering my low intake

Anyhow I'm on my final 2g, started that today after getting to just over 80mg daily worked out by eeking out my last 2g over 24 days. I plan to take thus final 2g over 30 days then jump off.

I'll see if I can source codeine and possibly opium tea?

Thanks
So to clarify. You think it worth while just reducing my H dose by half then half again, so from current use of 100mg per day to 50 then 25mg?
Over what period. I'm attempting this taper though not accurately, just eyeballing a line estimating each line is 20-30mg

I've not registered as an addict yet and from what people are saying here no point as they prescribe methadone which is overkill considering my low intake

Anyhow I'm on my final 2g, started that today after getting to just over 80mg daily worked out by eeking out my last 2g over 24 days. I plan to take thus final 2g over 30 days then jump off.

I'll see if I can source codeine and possibly opium tea?
Just buy some 12.5/500 codeine/apap pills OTC and take them with the ibroprofen version with the same amount in OTC.

Yeah, you will thank yourself for it. You can order codeine linctus off a few online pharmacies no need to buy pills with paracetamol in them and risk the liver damage.

Just say that you caught the flu, The flu/bad cold lasts 7-10 days anyway. The worst will be getting fuck all sleep for a week, then you start getting a few hours more day by day. The worst for me coming off is lack of sleep. Don't start taking sleepers or you probably end up on a habit with them. Good luck.

IME, a rattle is a rattle - it's fuckin horrible regardless of the amount you've been taking. I find the severity is determined more by how long you've been on it. However, your habit shouldn't be too bad to jump off. Expect 10 days of feeling like shit before you start feeling better. Just bear in mind that the first rattle is the easiest. Don't be tempted to go back on it because each subsequent rattle gets exponentially harder...