Hello and an MDPV Question

The effects described sound a lot like (not identical but getting there) the effects I got from tan and I was binging at the same level you were. I also was IVing it far more than I ever did with the white cos that stuff barely does anything IV. At least nothing worth writing home about and the doses required were massive compared to tan. Even IV there was zero anxiety throughout a week or so long run. I found it to be totally anxiety free when I used it a lot but do agree on it being far more stimulating than white. But also much shorter-lived stimulation which I could sleep four hours after dosing fairly easily. Not that I often bothered with sleep... And yeah, I lost plenty weight on both tan and white. That would be a plus point for me though :D

Also, I actually got gifted a bit of original tan during the period I was heavily using white by someone who bought it at the time, never liked it and left it in a drawer untouched thereafter. Had exactly the effects it always did - no rose-tinting here. Specifically the IV thing. White simply cannot replicate the effects or dose in any way shape or form. That was why I've always been positive it is not the same substance. You can't really just imagine that kinda stuff.

PS: On the fiending thing, I actually found tan much less fiendish. Possibly as it was so much more satisfying. I could stop pretty much whenever I chose to during a run and get some sleep before starting up again. Not saying I did so all that often cos I like long runs but I did cut them short after just a day or two several times. That is not even an option for me with white.

Well look, the placebo effect can be remarkably powerful. I used to be addicted to percs, and could take tylenol tablets and feel a high from them if I didn't think much about what they were. People often feel what they want/expect to feel from a drug.

This.

and

IME that doesn't actually resemble the "original tan", at least for me... despite it seeming much more prosexual, it still acted as a stimulant just as the current stuff does and no way in hell would I have lost all jitters and be able to sleep shortly after using some of it. Used to binge for six+ days on it, longer even than the current white stuff, and if anything "doing too much" would produce even more anxiety (although that could have been my peevee newbishness at the time).

I wonder if some are romanticizing the "original tan" right out of the realm of reality and into fantasyland... I clearly remember losing a good deal of weight on it and having similar troubles with peevee's infamous moreishness.

Is right on the money. This mythical "tan" is basically all things to all men.

Especially when you consider that on one hand, Shambles is saying that what Ben has produced is close to the tan he remembers, but on the other it lacks the prosexual qualities. And the prosexual qualities are in fact, all that stuffmonger is interested in, and he sees the euphoric elements as, in fact, undesirable.

So even if all you tan-fiends do follow his process, it seems likely that you're going to be disappointed by the results..?

Makes one's head spin. Entertaining though. Carry on, all.

this mystical tan stuff..iv heard/been reading bout it for fucking ages now...i want to try it but i doubt itl pass my hands this lifetime.. sounds very much like this polish phet i was getting a while back in paddyland,proper rocketfuel,one glance at anything of a sexual nature and thats it,until your physically 'drained' in all senses of the word =D

Special: The reason tan is so eulogised is precisely cos it was all things to all men. The perfect drug. At least for stim-fiends. There is damn good reason people are desperate to find a way of recreating it.

I said Ben's product has many traits I'd associate much more with tan than I would white. I also said it clearly isn't quite there yet. No contradiction there. Stuff said he's far more interested in the sex side than the euphoria and stimulation. But he didn't say they were absent. He claims to have reproduced the original tan or something very close to it. Complete with euphoria and stimulation along with the hypersexuality even if he'd rather it wasn't.

I said Ben's product has many traits I'd associate much more with tan than I would white. I also said it clearly isn't quite there yet. No contradiction there. Stuff said he's far more interested in the sex side than the euphoria and stimulation. But he didn't say they were absent. He claims to have reproduced the original tan or something very close to it. Complete with euphoria and stimulation along with the hypersexuality even if he'd rather it wasn't.
But there's a certain ignorance of basic chemistry in all this -- you can't just "cook/play with" a chemical substance and magically create special properties of feeling from the high it produces. A molecule is a molecule, a substance is a substance. The fact that people are basically clueless "what they're ending up with" and then making dramatic claims about its qualities strongly suggests placebo, black magic and superstition, at least to me.

In other words, "the way this has been gone about" is just not the way to go about isolating something objective about a substance that has a certain effect, particularly considering that (no matter how much social agreement is involved) there was never anything objectively provable about the "original tan's" pro-sexual qualities. The only way to properly go about it would be a complete laboratory analysis of both the "original tan" and a new batch of MDPV, looking for objective differences.

Last edited:
I agree that the chemistry sounds highly suspect from my tiny "knowledge" of such things. The ADD bods made their position clear. But I gather they have slightly softened that position recently and are more open to wondering if there maybe is something in it. Or maybe I'm imagining that. That is a very real possibility given the difficulty I have in deciphering ADD discussions :D

And as for tan/white nostalgia, the very first post I ever made after trying white for the first time was to say that it was undoubtedly a different - but related - drug, in my view. And proceeded to list all the reasons why after trying it via pretty much all ROA. That was at the time white first came on the scene and I've said the same thing consistently ever since. So did most others who went from tan to white. It's not all just in our heads. You can't be nostalgic comparing something tried for the first time to something else supposedly the same substance used just days or weeks prior.

And as for the sexual qualities - did you ever read the posts from people who'd worn half their dick off through days of constant fucking and/or self-abuse? :D

I have never known anything even remotely like it. Subjectively. But a subjective opinion shared by everyone else who used it, as far as I know. Was very widely reported, remarked upon and discussed. And the distinct absence of that effect with white was just as much brought up at the time as evidence for it being a different drug.

Maybe the process is purely hope in the face of reason. Maybe not. Until I've tried it for myself I reserve judgement.

Fiend: Wrong drug. That one isn't perfect. This one is . And this one ain't too shabby either ;)

Last edited:
oh god please dont talk about wearing off dicks. i dont even want to think about that happening

^^ Yum <3

Are those bottles peev in solution, Dedbeet? Though it was a bit of a no-no to store it that way due to rapid degradation? Not a problem if you get through it quick enough though =D

^^ Yum <3

Are those bottles peev in solution, Dedbeet? Though it was a bit of a no-no to store it that way due to rapid degradation? Not a problem if you get through it quick enough though =D
It's supposed to be a no-no, but it never seemed to degrade that dramatically (probably cuz of just that, getting through it quickly enough :)). I recall keeping the peevee solution refrigerated as well, and using pure/distilled water.

Last edited:
It's supposed to be a no-no, but it never seemed to degrade that dramatically (probably cuz of just that, getting through it quickly enough :)). I recall keeping the peevee solution refrigerated as well, and using pure/distilled water.

+1

I know for a fact PV degradation in solution was well over-hyped on Bluelight. Said so at the time too.

Not the only thing that was over-hyped obviously. :\

Interesting. Everyone seemed to make it out that more than 30 seconds in contact with water and it was useless. Always suspected it probably wasn't that iffy if stored properly but any solutions I ever made only lasted as long as it took to shovel into vein or anus just in case ;)

SHM: Did you use tan when it was about? Not a leading question - I really can't recall - and if you did then are you saying you didn't think it deserved the undying love obsession most of us devotees have for it then and now?

SHM: Did you use tan when it was about? Not a leading question - I really can't recall - and if you did then are you saying you didn't think it deserved the undying love obsession most of us devotees have for it then and now?

Only briefly, and late in the day (as it were). Based on those seven words you can dismiss what I say next if you so wish.

My memory of it is this. It was nowhere near as strikingly different as people are making it out to be. Which isn't to say it wasn't different.

But then I find differences even in the white between now and say last October/November. I still don't think much of the pasting the white is now getting is deserved. In fact I see it as highly suspect. I still find PV incredibly horny.

Particularly if I want it to be. Particularly if I'm in a setting that allows it. Particularly if I keep the dosage low(ish)

I'm not sure set and setting have even got a mention in this thread.

I've seen how hype works on BL. All those people wearing heart monitors on mephedrone. 8o

We're gonna have to agree to disagree Shambles.

But then I find differences even in the white between now and say last October/November. I still don't think much of the pasting the white is now getting is deserved. In fact I see it as highly suspect. I still find PV incredibly horny.

Particularly if I want it to be. Particularly if I'm in a setting that allows it. Particularly if I keep the dosage low(ish)
Now there's an interesting observation, as I used to not only keep the dosage lowish but dose very frequently/low to sort of gradually raise blood levels of the the drug high with no "rush" involved... this seemed to boost the sexual effects a lot and mostly avoid tweaks, jitters & anxiety. But of course this had a "binge" element to it as the default. 100mg would easily last 3-4 days or more.

Last edited:
SHM: My set and setting (certainly the setting anyway) are essentially the same for any drug I ever take these last few years - alone in front of me PC. Set obviously more variable. But the effects I got from tan were always consistent and so are the effects I get from white. Not identical every time but two very distinct effects from two different (but somewhat similar) substances. I'm also very fond of white - I have always said that too. My position is that they are different drugs, both are very enjoyable, tan is far superior in every way. If Mrs Shambles is around then even white has a very positive effect on libido for us both. Taken on my own it just doesn't. Tan always did whether alone or in company. My doses for both were/are essentially the same. Aside from IV where tan was totally overwhelming at 3mg and white is totally underwhelming at 30mg+.

I'm almost pissed off I didn't jump on the MDPV train, but at the same time I'm enough of a cheap slut without throwing an aphrodisiac into the mix. Even methylone was enough to have me reaching for the bromide with gusto.

Having some peevee coming in soon, I think I'm gonna try my "classic method of admin" used with the original tan: Boil a couple hundred ml of distilled/pure water, mix in/dissolve MDPV well and immediately refrigerate, then administer the resulting (relatively weak) solution frequently via nasal mist sniffer.

Very curious to see if it produces better prosexual effects than this vaping bullshit I've been involved with recently, which seems to "produce" nothing but strong rushes followed by general unpleasantness, like with crack.

Would be good to hear about that ROA for curiosity's sake. I tend to prefer vaping it cos I really enjoy the particular set of effects it has that way. Other ROA are definitely less narrow in their effects range, I'd say. Vaping is pretty mongtastic, introverted and pretty much just a dopamine production line whereas other ROA - especially snorting and plugging - are more smoothly stimulating, rounded and even somewhat sociable. For me at least.