Hello and an MDPV Question

Stuffmonger, is there any possible way without £xxxx's of equipment to 'mature' the tan Codshit has?

I've been thinking about this also, I wonder if using the material captain has mushed into water and left to dry before scraping and repeating would bring out the genuine tan as in the second part of the quick and dirty method?

I didn't notice a pointed question. Sorry. Can you repeat it?

I'm guessing it's this.

I'm also unsure if you are what you claim you are, why you've not proposed the growth medium needed for the bacteria you claim to do the conversion (or at least have a hand in it) What are they feeding off of? Those aceto bacteria probably require SOME form of Sucrose to convert into alcohol, and then oxidize into acetaladehyde and then Acetic acid, no?

And these.

I find it hard to believe that a person with a Rotary Evaporator wouldn't know how to check for functional groups/do various reagent tests, or since you are looking for the genes in bacteria, you probably have an NMR/GC_MS lieing around don't ya?

EDITStuffmonger: You stated you converted the 'freebase' that's been 'changed to the tan' into the acetate salt, what I'm curious is what was the solbilities for THAT? Did you attempt to create the sulfate/oxalate/etc?

Thanks for pointing that out ^^^

And for future reference, whenever I start a paragraph point off with a @ symbol followed by a screen-name, I am attempting to directly talk to that particular person.

So when I write @Stuffmonger: that's in reference to you stuffmonger until otherwise noted usually.

Thanks for pointing that out ^^^

And for future reference, whenever I start a paragraph point off with a @ symbol followed by a screen-name, I am attempting to directly talk to that particular person.

So when I write @Stuffmonger: that's in reference to you stuffmonger until otherwise noted usually.

Yes, well... I never suggested that it was acetobacteria, and specifically mentioned that I believed it was a strain of pseudomonas. Someone else suggested acetobacteria. You need to read the whole thread, I think, if you really want answers. As to the growth medium, why would you care? Nowhere in the instructions for making this did I suggest a growth medium nor do you need one.

Bacteria do not need sugar to obtain energy for activation. Neither are large numbers required. There's not a square inch of your body, your floor, your walls, your clothes or any other part of your environment that does not contain millions of bacteria. Psuedomonas Aeruginosa is one of the most common bacteria on the planet, and there's not a square foot of anything around you that is not rife with them. Carbon, sodium, oxygen and hydrogen are present in large amounts in the soup left over from the freebase process, and I believe that those elements are more than sufficient, given the massive added organic particulates present in all breathable atmosphere, to grow damn near anything.

As to my competence, or lack thereof, with the gear in my lab -- that's a matter that affects my own work, and should not impact your life in any way.

The acetate of pv is very soluble. The acetate of the dark yellow stuff is not. Haven't done any other salts. Have at it. I'd like to know myself.

I've been thinking about this also, I wonder if using the material captain has mushed into water and left to dry before scraping and repeating would bring out the genuine tan as in the second part of the quick and dirty method?

Could give it a try I guess. Don't know what this particular manufacturer might have added or subtracted, but not much to lose by trying, is there?

find it hard to believe that a person with a Rotary Evaporator wouldn't know how to check for functional groups/do various reagent tests, or since you are looking for the genes in bacteria, you probably have an NMR/GC_MS lieing around don't ya?

Sorry, missed the full impact of your question.

I stated at the very beginning of this thread, and have never since suggested otherwise, that I have no chemistry training whatsoever, organic or otherwise, and know nothing about it, other than what trivial bits I have picked up in trying to do my work. I am not a scientist of any kind, or a microbiologist, or anyone close.

I have a rotary evaporator because I need one. A rotovap is hardly rocket science. An 8 year old on crack could learn to use one well enough to do what I do. Same with all the other gear in my lab. A minus 80 Isotemp requires that I be able to count to -80. An incubator requires that I can turn a knob and be able read a temperature. I have at least one good eye so I can use a microscope. The most complex gear in the lab is the microwave, in which I heat my lunch. It has way too many power settings and food group buttons for my simple brain.

EDIT: I had not read your lack of training. I'm not trained either, but I know expensive equipment that I want when I see it, so I figured someone with that level of equipment would know about it. So forgive the above and the below, however, this does not take away from my sincere desire to know what's actually happening and to establish the product being created, and the chemical that is being transformed. Because I cannot verify the first without knowing what the actual reagent was.

@stuffmonger: Forgive me, but I DID read the whole thread, and I did transpose some of other people's works onto you, that acetobacteria thing, I won't bother checking, but I'll accept I transposed.

Secondly, you are correct that sugars are NOT strictly required, but again, you are correct, BASE elements are enough, but Sodium is not free in that reaction mixture I'd wager. All those elements are bound up, and not all are readily accessible to all organisms, I am not a biologist, I will not comment further than this:

You are right that no BROTH is needed, nor SUGAR is needed, however, you assert here: http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/showpost.php?p=9092820&postcount=48

If you do get it right, here's what it should look like after 72 hours of evaporation. (I scraped the lower half for drying for the next pic):

And the same thing about 96 hours, but that it is not as good, and show a picture of it being darker.

If we are to accept a bacterial connection, do you believe it'd be able to live solely on that evaporating pile of 'MDPV' that it's slowly changing? I am again no biologist, you could possibly argue that there are still Sodium Carbonate salts in there, and trace elements from the water (dunno if you're using purified or not), and that trace elements IS enough for fungal spores to germinate, and create a mycellial network.

I'm asking now, and being very particular about what questions I have about this method.

Now then, if you are trying to 'oxidize' or 'hydroxylate' the end product, both of which ARE indicated in Metabolism studies for MDPV, by heating the freebase and bubbling in air, and then slowly evaporating correct?

And the colour continues changing when it's continueing to evaporate, based on the difference from 72-96 hours colouration and effects correct?

So, what's left over in the water?

Just base elements wrapped up probably as NaCl, NaCO3, and H2 right? With some O2 in there?

But the colour CONTINUES to change after 96 hours of drying....

I dunno, It'd be useful if some method was used to verify what you are getting actually IS MDPV.HCl and not an MPPP or any analogues of such things, which are all gaining popularity since 2000.

Also, this colouration change from highly active to not very active is disturbing.

How do you stop the process from over doing it after it's evaporated?

I mean, oxygen will continue, as will organisms even if it's ground right? And the point of the evaporation was to dry it? Do you do some kind of oven baking to 'kill off' the bacteria to stop the reaction?

All I'm asking for is more than just pictures of some supposed thing happening.

I mean, you know what a writeup looks like, you know how a chemical reaction procedure is written.

And I'd just like to verify that the starting material is MDPV.

And why is it this degradation product is better seemingly with the white 'mixed' in since the colour darkens from the degradation contiuing for whatever method.

Just a lot of questions.

Speaking of which, got some info on the metabolism pathways of this bacteria you think is in charge of this reaction? Because I'd be interested to see why it's attacking MDPV freebase and not any others that I've seen freebased that are in similar ways.

Unfortunately, I don't have the time to address all of your questions, and don't have answers for most.

I don't insist on the bacterial connection, as I have stated earlier. It's what I believe, no-one else has to believe it, and I'm not interested in justifying my belief. I believe it. let's leave it at that.

The pv is definitely pv (well, most that I've received). I buy from a dozen or more different providers and know each product pretty well by heart. I've been scammed a few times. Northing else that I'm aware of gives that unique, light green, shimmering oil when freebased.

EDIT: I had not read your lack of training. I'm not trained either, but I know expensive equipment that I want when I see it, so I figured someone with that level of equipment would know about it. So forgive the above and the below, however, this does not take away from my sincere desire to know what's actually happening and to establish the product being created, and the chemical that is being transformed. Because I cannot verify the first without knowing what the actual reagent was.

@stuffmonger: Forgive me, but I DID read the whole thread, and I did transpose some of other people's works onto you, that acetobacteria thing, I won't bother checking, but I'll accept I transposed.

Secondly, you are correct that sugars are NOT strictly required, but again, you are correct, BASE elements are enough, but Sodium is not free in that reaction mixture I'd wager. All those elements are bound up, and not all are readily accessible to all organisms, I am not a biologist, I will not comment further than this:

You are right that no BROTH is needed, nor SUGAR is needed, however, you assert here: http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/showpost.php?p=9092820&postcount=48

And the same thing about 96 hours, but that it is not as good, and show a picture of it being darker.

If we are to accept a bacterial connection, do you believe it'd be able to live solely on that evaporating pile of 'MDPV' that it's slowly changing? I am again no biologist, you could possibly argue that there are still Sodium Carbonate salts in there, and trace elements from the water (dunno if you're using purified or not), and that trace elements IS enough for fungal spores to germinate, and create a mycellial network.

I'm asking now, and being very particular about what questions I have about this method.

Now then, if you are trying to 'oxidize' or 'hydroxylate' the end product, both of which ARE indicated in Metabolism studies for MDPV, by heating the freebase and bubbling in air, and then slowly evaporating correct?

And the colour continues changing when it's continueing to evaporate, based on the difference from 72-96 hours colouration and effects correct?

So, what's left over in the water?

Just base elements wrapped up probably as NaCl, NaCO3, and H2 right? With some O2 in there?

But the colour CONTINUES to change after 96 hours of drying....

I dunno, It'd be useful if some method was used to verify what you are getting actually IS MDPV.HCl and not an MPPP or any analogues of such things, which are all gaining popularity since 2000.

Also, this colouration change from highly active to not very active is disturbing.

How do you stop the process from over doing it after it's evaporated?

I mean, oxygen will continue, as will organisms even if it's ground right? And the point of the evaporation was to dry it? Do you do some kind of oven baking to 'kill off' the bacteria to stop the reaction?

All I'm asking for is more than just pictures of some supposed thing happening.

I mean, you know what a writeup looks like, you know how a chemical reaction procedure is written.

And I'd just like to verify that the starting material is MDPV.

And why is it this degradation product is better seemingly with the white 'mixed' in since the colour darkens from the degradation contiuing for whatever method.

Just a lot of questions.

Speaking of which, got some info on the metabolism pathways of this bacteria you think is in charge of this reaction? Because I'd be interested to see why it's attacking MDPV freebase and not any others that I've seen freebased that are in similar ways.

I'm sorry if my questioning is tiresome, and critical, it's my nature, as my handle my suggest, I am a 'control freak'.

Nevertheless, I am interested in exploring the bacterial component, because it's another route to identify. Bacteria, Yeast, Viruses are all used for industrial synthesis.

So, you don't have to validate anything, but it would help significantly in understanding this process.

As a further question, the freebase separated as a green-yellow oil? And then crystallizes immediately on contact with air? Or how does that process go?

Suck my balls you fucking piece of shit n00b, "Joined: July 2010" FUCK OFF. You're probably about 12.

Lame comment. Since when does someone's join date on a forum indicate their age and worth?

First of all, I DO NOT CONDONE SOMONE injesting things that are NOT known.

Alright, what did you do? What base did you use? Was it equimolar? How much heat? What solvent? How did you extract the oil, when did it start turning into a crystal?

H2SO4 should NOT smash the molecule, but I'm not a trained chemist. What was the density of your sulfuric acid? How was it obtained? Boiling rooto cleaner? What?

Sorry, but there's a lot of information be left out.

How was it dried? What was the smell like of the freebase oil?

@Phat_bass49

lol, I like how they made the "NOT" and "FOR HUMAN CONSUMPTION" opposite colors. Hmmmm....

Well, thanks for answering all the questions!

Well, it MIGHT have been NaOH, but I know some of the ones out now have metals in them to do the same thing, and to aid, without the NaOH, thanks to tweak cooks.

Oil of Viritrol was a correct name for Sulfuric Acid. So Kudos!

> Phat_bass49

I have a feeling that local anti-drug agency is trying to de-rail a major drug discovery...

> Phat_bass49

I have a feeling that local anti-drug agency is trying to de-rail a major drug discovery...

What makes you think this?

I mean I'm sure they don't want more drugs discovered, but what makes you think they are acting to de-rail it?

I'v trimmed my posts from this thread because my partner is very paranoid!!! sorry guys :p

From the Wikipeda Pseudomonas article:
P. putida has the ability to degrade organic solvents such as toluene.[27] At least one strain of this bacterium is able to convert morphine in aqueous solution into the stronger and somewhat expensive to manufacture drug hydromorphone (Dilaudid).
Now if a similar bacterium is producing a similar transformation to the MDPV molecule, what would that give us? (I'm not a chemist).

From the Wikipeda Pseudomonas article:
P. putida has the ability to degrade organic solvents such as toluene.[27] At least one strain of this bacterium is able to convert morphine in aqueous solution into the stronger and somewhat expensive to manufacture drug hydromorphone (Dilaudid).

Are you kidding me?

Why isn't (or is it?) that information like a godsend to opie-heads all around the world?

Really, wow, interesting stuff. No matter what the case is.