Hello and an MDPV Question

I believe bearlove was in talks to be able to get some kinda testing set up.

stuffmonger maybe talk to him see if he could help with the tan situ if your interested.

Oh man. On one hand I am dying to figure out what this chemical is, so I can then find out how to obtain said chemical. On the other, I'd almost rather it stay in obscurity, as releasing that info on teh internets is like starting the clock on a time bomb.

Either way I guess, if theres a will, theres a way. And I sure as hell am willing.

Stuffmonger, is there any possible way without £xxxx's of equipment to 'mature' the tan Codshit has?

its 4 in the morning but i ust thought of something that may be an interesting experiment.

put mdpv in a growth medium for majic mushrooms. iirc the enzymes involved (in lib caps anyway) made for some interesting results when dmt was put through the "mushroom" treatment.

biological synthesis is looking more likely....

'Magic Mushrooms' Usually contain enzymes that will just Hydroxylate things, usually for tryptamines in the 4th position turning DPT into say 4-OH-DPT. Etc.

Enzymes are specific creatures that take only certain things and output only certain things.

As for the bacteria selection, I can't say anything, though I must say I think it's a bunch of nonsense, not that I'm qualified to comment on that, but the reason being thusly:

Where is the nutrient in this mix? I mean, all life needs a sugar source to replicate, looking at basic yeast/mushroom cultivation, we find that they NEED nutrients and sugar to reach full potential, and MDPV/whatever is not enough to allow for widespread procreation AND enzymatic conversion.

IF it is MDPV, AND it's actually SOMEHOW being oxidized, maybe it's converting into something.

So far all I've seen is:

1) Something is always 'sold' as MDPV.

2) That something is freebased, and for some reason ONLY Sodium Bicarbonate works.

3) Once in a freebase form, it'll turn into an oil, and a white powder falls out. (I assume a salt of some form?

4) This freebase oil does NOT rock up (without reliable documentation I'll state that the carbonic salt of whatever this MDPV like compound is not a liquid), so I doubt the carbonate salt is being formed.

5) Somehow, in sitting, and exposure to oxygen, we find it changes visually, until it reaches a certain point, and any point before that is inferior, which indicates incomplete conversion.

I'll post more tomrrow when I have time going through various chemistry journals on metabolization and analogues of MDPV.

For now though, without seeing any proof of a GC/MS on the suspected MDPV and it's supposed reaction product with oxygen, I can't say shit.

EDIT: Alright, in FAIRNESS, they were able to create a Hydroxylated metabolite of MPHP (Hydroxylated MPPP I believe) via yeast. Source and abstract here: hxxp://www.ingentaconnect.com/content/pres/jat/2009/00000033/00000004/art00002 . But again, they did less than 1mg I believe of input chem in 1L of fermentation broth, just re-affirming my question about the whole nutrient bit, but nullfying my argument that some bacteria COULDN'T or WOULDN'T normally.

Last edited:
its 4 in the morning but i ust thought of something that may be an interesting experiment.

put mdpv in a growth medium for majic mushrooms. iirc the enzymes involved (in lib caps anyway) made for some interesting results when dmt was put through the "mushroom" treatment.

biological synthesis is looking more likely....

That only works with tryptamines. Shulgin touched on the biosynthesis of 4-HO-5-MeO-DMT, and commented that it would theoretically work with other tryptamines as well. [Edit] Explained more clearly in the post above ^

More info:
NSFW:
Wiki article on 4-Hydroxy-5-methoxydimethyltryptamine

There is a documented synthesis, and Shulgin has touched on the biosynthesis of [4-HO-5-MeO-DMT] and many other tryptamines possible to biosynthesize by introducing existing tryptamines into the growing process of psilocybin mushrooms.

Their paper cites a 10 step synthesis of 4-HO-5-MeO-DMT from ortho-vanillin. However, Alexander Shulgin has explained that it could be possible to cultivate 4-HO-5-MeO-DMT in psilocybin mushrooms by adding 5-MeO-DMT to the growing substrate of the fungus. Though this method has never been explored with 5-MeO-DMT, it has been used successfully for changing DET into 4-HO-DET and 4-PO-DET, both of which had never before been found in nature.[2]

In the case of DET the mushrooms yielded only 4-HO-DET or 4-PO-DET respectively, instead of psilocin (4-HO-DMT) and psilocybin (4-PO-DMT), suggesting that the presence of the extraneous N-dialkylated tryptamines competed for the enzymes in the fungus mycelium that would normally produce psilocin. This method thus not only produced new chemical compounds that had never previously been made synthetically, but also rendered the fungus itself completely legal in many countries because of its absence of psilocin or psilocybin, although in countries with stricter drug analogue laws such as the USA or Australia the novel tryptamines produced might also be considered illegal.

Theoretically, this method would 4-hydroxylate and 4-phosphoryloxylate any tryptamine added to the substrate, opening the possibility of synthesizing as yet undiscovered tryptamines.

Last edited:
Stuffmonger sorry I don't think I explained my idea well enough :p
I was looking at the tek for converting DPT hcl to freebase and it gave me the idea that I could put a small amount of mdpv hcl into a spoon, with about a quarter of that amount of backing soda, a few ml of water, and heat with a lighter until bubbling, taking it off the flame when it does so. Do this a few times and agitate until I get the yellow oil, then dump into a petri dish and evaporate with a fan for about 48 hours and scrape it up. Just seems to me like a faster way to create smaller amounts.

Another question. Heh, sorry stuffmonger but you've invoked our curiosity and we're not gonna let you sleep!

So lets say I attempted you quick & dirty method, then theoretically I would be left with a mixture of sodium bicarbonate, mdpv, and certain quantity of 'tan', correct? mdpv and bicarb being soluble in water, right? So couldn't I just use water to separate the mdpv & bicarb away from the tan (which I understand in insoluble in water)? I'm guessing its not that simple so where is my logic going wrong?

You guys are obviously unlucky in that you haven't found the "one" yet. :p

I get where you guys are coming from, but you may not feel the same way once you've got yourself a soulmate :p I'm a blubbering romantic - read: "a pussy" anyway, i make love to my fiancee, i dont often slam her like a bit of meat, and if i do, its nothing compaired to "proper" lovey dovey sex :p

In my experience nothing can compair to being properly in love and having romantic, intimate, soft, caring etc etc sex with the person you love and would do anything for. Sorry guys, its just not in the same class at all!!!

Lol... oh to be young again eh guys?

Anyway son, I think you missed what I was saying; I'm not knocking romantic sex at all (how could anyone dislike something that's so great? :\ ), the point is that rough, raw, animalistic, urgent, purely lust-driven and romance free fuck-fests can be great as well!

Actually, loving sex is a wonderful and beautiful thing. And the more people you enjoy it with, the more wonderful and beautiful it is. Share the love.

%)

Would it be worth trying the same proceedure but with a diferent starting material? I'v got shitloads of mdai.hcl hanging around which i will probably never user, i might try this freebasing with mdai and see if it does anything/oxadizes etc etc. I do realise the molecule is pretty different, but they both have indole rings....

fuck it, im doing it cos none of you fuckers are even probably up to reply... if nothing happens it wont matter, mdai is pants!

also, u lot are starting to sound like fucking mega rapist peadophiles with all this bullshit about anamalistic sex. Girls do not like crazy slobbering guys trying to bone any avaliable hole, ffs.

also, u lot are starting to sound like fucking mega rapist peadophiles with all this bullshit about anamalistic sex. Girls do not like crazy slobbering guys trying to bone any avaliable hole, ffs.

8)

Girls not so much...

Women - IME - very commonly.....

Rough and Animalistic FTW....

Stuffmonger sorry I don't think I explained my idea well enough :p
I was looking at the tek for converting DPT hcl to freebase and it gave me the idea that I could put a small amount of mdpv hcl into a spoon, with about a quarter of that amount of backing soda, a few ml of water, and heat with a lighter until bubbling, taking it off the flame when it does so. Do this a few times and agitate until I get the yellow oil, then dump into a petri dish and evaporate with a fan for about 48 hours and scrape it up. Just seems to me like a faster way to create smaller amounts.

Never tried it, so I don't have any valid inputs for you. Give it a go and let us know.

Another question. Heh, sorry stuffmonger but you've invoked our curiosity and we're not gonna let you sleep!

So lets say I attempted you quick & dirty method, then theoretically I would be left with a mixture of sodium bicarbonate, mdpv, and certain quantity of 'tan', correct? mdpv and bicarb being soluble in water, right? So couldn't I just use water to separate the mdpv & bicarb away from the tan (which I understand in insoluble in water)? I'm guessing its not that simple so where is my logic going wrong?

You can siphon off the solution after everything precipitates and get rid of the pv which did not react. Some will still be in the precipitate, however. If you want to get rid of most all of the unreacted pv then you could keep adding distilled water, shaking, letting the precip settle, and siphoning again until you're satisfied. A lot of work. And there is still a large, insoluble precipitate left.

Girls do not like crazy slobbering guys trying to bone any avaliable hole, ffs.

In my experience, it depends on which girls you hang around with. With some women, if you overlook an available hole, you're guaranteed not to get a second date.

@Stuffmonger, I will admire you moving to the 3rd world, and I will admire you lab setup, which makes me kinda curious how come not a single reference journal was put down, because there are a lot of references on the instability of the freebase MDPV, I just can't pull them since I don't have access.

I'm also unsure if you are what you claim you are, why you've not proposed the growth medium needed for the bacteria you claim to do the conversion (or at least have a hand in it) What are they feeding off of? Those aceto bacteria probably require SOME form of Sucrose to convert into alcohol, and then oxidize into acetaladehyde and then Acetic acid, no?

I can't help but notice you also answered every other pointed question than mine, and never really answered echoes of the question in earlier in the thread.

And last of all, the only people who have mimic'd this is the people that all have sub 20 posts.

@The guy with Tweak for the avatar: You can freebase anything, what the freebase of MDAI is gonna be like, I don't have the foggiest, again, the conversion (if something is happening, IF this is MDPV), is first done by removing the salt of the MDPV to create the freebase oil.

You can do this with MDAI, but I'll bet dollars to doughnuts, that the indane ring is far more stable than the pyrovalerone.

As a further note, I also do not see any literature examples of deoxygenation of any alkyl group with simply oxygen.

And last, but most CERTAINLY not least, you've given NO proof to establish that the MDPV you are recieving is actually what it is, and I find it hard to believe that a person with a Rotary Evaporator wouldn't know how to check for functional groups/do various reagent tests, or since you are looking for the genes in bacteria, you probably have an NMR/GC_MS lieing around don't ya?

EDITStuffmonger: You stated you converted the 'freebase' that's been 'changed to the tan' into the acetate salt, what I'm curious is what was the solbilities for THAT? Did you attempt to create the sulfate/oxalate/etc?

Last edited: