Heaven and Hell @the Asylum 10/13 and 10/20

Had a really great time @ this party.
Really good seeing Mella, Sean, LinZe, and Pat again. Also good to meet the other BLer's that I do not feel like naming all due to the fact that I am too lazy, but you know who you are
smile.gif

Dave and Connell don't really count since I see you guys all the time =P
Sets of the night in my opinion: Craze, Ray Keith (even though he used the crossfader way too much), Empress/Dazee (yummy) and Chickaboo. I also dug various sets in the back room and third room. Went upstairs once right b4 they shut it down (4am), wasn't TOO bad.
Hopefully more Asylum parties will have a better vibe like this than past parties. ok I'm done.
------------------
"In this business it's not what you know, it's who you know."
http://www.volumeproductions.com

Hola everybody.
I had a pretty good time, although I didn't dance too much. I'm not really into dancing jungle cuz it wears me out, I like the housey trancey shit more (maybe I shoulda gone to heaven?
smile.gif
) But it was still fun, talked to alot of new people, and talked even more with friends I already knew.
The cops weren't dicks here too. I actually saw two of them by the speakers bobbing their head to the music like they were havin' a good time.
Oh one thing that almost ruined my roll, but tried to not let it get to me...This chick in the chillout room started talking to me and telling me how raves suck. And she asked me why I go to these things and I said "cuz here I can do things I normally can't do in my everyday life" and she's all pissy and says how raves are so dumb and how there are all these "cliques." And she was a raverchick too! I didn't get it, and I tried not to let it ruin my fun.
There were ALOT of fucking Stamford, CT people here, jesus. We were in the chillout room and one of my friends goes "STAMFORD!" and ATLEAST half the room started cheering. I met people that went to school with me and I didn't even know it. And other kids I've made eye contact with on the street but never talked. THAT...was cool.
Bluelighters I met for the first time: MrJamal, ProvJungleKid, Mellabopper, and someone else I forgot your name I think my bad!, and I know I SAW TopRocka cuz I recognized him from his picture, I was just WAY too fucking tired to stand up and say hi though.
Maui2k and PartEkidRepsAcosta, stamford BL represent lol.
P.S. How could you not like the fucking stairs? They were MAD fun to go up and down when yer on something
smile.gif

------------------
--The only real drug problem is scorin real good drugs
--Whores don't sell their bodies, they merely sell their time.
--aim: Diskchucker

Okay, so i've never drank before a party before...until last night. i ended up getting waaay more shitfaced than i wanted to, blacked out a good part of the beginning of the night, and ended up leavin early cause i felt like i was gonna puke my brains out. so in conclusion to that, i'm never drinking before a party ever again. i did have a dope time though...up until the sick part of course. so if i said anything rude to any of you kids, i apologize. oh by the way, to any of my friends who are on here...did any of you happen to hand me an unmarked burnned cd last night? it was nice to see some of you. glad to have you back in the north east mel. and it was nice to finally meet you jamal. hope everyone had a good time!
love,
kristin

I walk in and am confused because there seems to be only two rooms. But that clears up as two more open up later in the night.
SOmeone told me the name of that female MC. I forgot what it was, but damn she was phat.
I danced pretty much jungle. As I said I would. Saw some different steps that I'm going to try to integrate next time I rave.
I was that Asian kid with the black jacket and white shirt underneath. my hair was glowing in black light. and most of the night i was with Spiderman. Just in case u saw me. I saw Maui2k, Parttkidrep, sbout it.
This party, for me was the people. THe general vibe was really fucking good.
Like Spidey said, The whole Stamford Rep crowd in the chill room was pretty cool. Met so many new people with something memorable about all of them
The lighting was nice, the sound was good. I saw lots of kids get busted, one kid OD, which always sucks.
About Spidey meeting that girl that was anti-raver. I met her too. Talked a bit. I tried to change her view, got some good points across. We got along well. heheh
Yeah so, overall good night, cept near the end I got Soooo damn tired, walked to our car and went to sleep. a good night's rest

My legs are actually sore from dancing at this party.. do you know the last time my legs were sore from dancing at a party?!?! No, this isn't saying I don't dance much, because I definitely do.. this is more of a testament of how insane this party was. The only breaks I really took from dancing were to go and buy red bulls to re-energize myself.. oh, and to harass my boys Jamal and Connell
smile.gif

One of my friends was givin off a real bad vibe at this party (I'll give you one guess as to who Jamal), but not even that was able to keep me down. Empress/Dazee, Craze and then Ray Kieth were all just unbelievable. Having those 3 back to back to back was almost overwhelming. Chickaboo on the mic definitely raised da room to da raftahz! Come Selekta! heheh.. Oh, and I freely admit I now have an infatuation with Empress.
As far as BL'ers at the party go.. Jamal, Connell, Mike, Kristin.. much love to you cats
smile.gif
I also saw Spiderman, Maui2K, and Mellabopper at the party.. but didn't get a chance to say hi to either of you guys.
Overall.. great music, awesome vibe.. definitely one you should kick yourself for if you missed
smile.gif

Next party for me: Break on Through, be there, or be uh.. circle =P
------------------
AIM: TopRocka311
"Don't give up your independence
Unless it feels so right
Nothing good comes easily
Sometimes you gotta fight" - 311

Dave, I have no idea. I know there was an issue with little Jen, but I don't think that's who ur talkin about. Lemme know.

This was definetly the best Asylum party I've been to. Craze, Ray Keith, Todd Bucker, Damn!! the roof was on fire. Craze went ballistic with the hip hop scratching, oh my god! Mad Stamford peeps I must say. Met up with my party girl Becca and had an amazing time. Security was straight, the Po's were chillin, one of them even bummed a cigg from me and we had a convo oabout parties. I think the Asylum s my new home.
Tru that to Top Rocka, My legs were gone, I almost had to drag myself to the dance floor. I can't wait for the the next party there, and this time I will make a note to find some BL's. Peace, Pauly-paul.
p.s. did anyone see those girls going at it on the couch, dizzamn, thas what I'm talking bout bwoy!

Well, that was my first time at asylum and I have to say I like the place...I like the layout, the couches, the multiple rooms, the vibe and so forth.
As for the party, I thought the music was just ok...I think I would've liked heaven better but I wasn't able to hit that one. what I really can't understand though is how you all seem to like chickaboo...my god, I couldn't stand listening to hear, I swear she ruined empress and dazee's set. Personally, I like Todd Buckler and Josh Sky's set.
I'm not sure if I met any BL'ers there...I hadn't read BL for a couple days beforehand and didn't realize that there was a meetup...however, I just so happened to be sitting right next to the couch by speakers and coat-rack at about 1:00 like Mella said...a handful of people introduced themselves and I didn't realize till I got back and read this thread that they may have been Bl'ers; the only Bl'er I saw was Mella whom I recognized from her picture and from fairnymph's party...should've introduced myself...sorry mella, next time.
Anyway, I'll stop rambling...short of it is I like the asylum and I'm sure I'll be hitting up some of the next few parties there.

lol @ paul, i didnt see the chicks on the couch! haha, i saw plenty others tho. Met alot of cool chicks there, of course i dont remember much cuz i was rocked. of course not many people knew cuz i played it off :p yea my legs are STILL hurting from dancing. I danced all night long, danced with many cute stamford chicks as well. Rock on, I wanna go to the 2am 2k1 but my uncle is getting married the next day :\ dont think id be able to pull it off. ah well, rock on asylum!