• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants heart problems from adderall

This thread scares me so much.

I overdosed on amphetamine 5 days ago and it was extremely stressful for my heart. I even had to go to the ER.
They did an Echocardiogram of my heart and they said they could not see any damage. I've done several ECG's since then and they all turned out normal. Still, my heart just feels different since this happened and I am so afraid that I might have heart failure too. Worst of all is that I only took speed 3 times before the overdose. So, if I developed heart failure just from one overdose I must be the unluckiest human ever. My life already sucks big time and that's why I started to take amphetamines in the first place. Should I now be diagnosed with heart failure on top of that I seriously will have to contemplate if my life is still worth living.

It is mental.

The anxiety and neurotic thinking is the real problem for 99% of people who didn't have a preexisting condition and who weren't pushing the envelope to extremes.

Your heart "feels different" because you're paranoid and fixated on it. Unless it's anginal pain, you aren't going to feel heart damage.

Did the OP abuse adderall or did he take normal doses? This is scary stuff. :(

I'd be interested to see what happened to the OP. I've been to ER twice with crushingly tight chest pain, dizziness, light head with a cold sensation on the brain, shortness of breath. Had loads of ECGs done, blood tests and even had an x ray. Everything came back normal but I still have constant chest pain. The 2nd time I went to ER I hadn't even done any stims and I've since quit smoking as well. I'm completely clean now and this is all because I abused speed for less than a year, LSD every 2-3 weeks and little bit of coke and mdma. Didn't even do anywhere near as many drugs as some of my friends who are fine. Now every LSD trip gives me crushing tight chest pain. Feels like I'm gonna die. Wouldn't wish it on anybody. It's so scary.

I'm convinced the hospital missed something. I can't function day to day without painkillers. Constantly fixated on the chest pain. In pain 24/7. Fuckin sucks. Never woulda touched drugs if I knew this was gonna happen. Shoulda just stuck to LSD. Speed/Coke high isn't even that good / wasn't worth it.

I'd be interested to see what happened to the OP. I've been to ER twice with crushingly tight chest pain, dizziness, light head with a cold sensation on the brain, shortness of breath. Had loads of ECGs done, blood tests and even had an x ray. Everything came back normal but I still have constant chest pain. The 2nd time I went to ER I hadn't even done any stims and I've since quit smoking as well. I'm completely clean now and this is all because I abused speed for less than a year, LSD every 2-3 weeks and little bit of coke and mdma. Didn't even do anywhere near as many drugs as some of my friends who are fine. Now every LSD trip gives me crushing tight chest pain. Feels like I'm gonna die. Wouldn't wish it on anybody. It's so scary.

I'm convinced the hospital missed something. I can't function day to day without painkillers. Constantly fixated on the chest pain. In pain 24/7. Fuckin sucks. Never woulda touched drugs if I knew this was gonna happen. Shoulda just stuck to LSD. Speed/Coke high isn't even that good / wasn't worth it.

I would note that I had preexisting condition called "hyperthyroidism" and I have never really touched any uppers. I did a little cocaine in high school but never seriously. I was more about the pot and hallucinogens. Some side effects of my condition would be an elevated heart rand mate (100-120bpm), elevated blood pressure (160/83), and anxiety. I experienced chest pain from the years 2011-2014 before it has finally ceased, and I'm less anxious. I am now medicated with beta blockers and thyroid medication. I will soon have the thyroid removed.

I was 17 when I started getting these pains. I'm 23 now. I had shooting pains in the arms, heart skipping beats, sweating, headaches, confusion, anxiety, back and shoulder blade pain, and terrible, concentrated headaches in the temples and directly above the eyes.

Now, it seems that you are a tad anxious to begin with, and while I know personally how terrifying it is to have those pains, you need to relax and go through the loops. The ER did a quick analysis and was able to tell you there was no immediate or obvious trauma, but you need to see a cardiologist. If you have health insurance and it is cheaper to get a referral, see your GP first.

Until then, just try to understand conditions that are correlated to your symptoms and know that if you are young and have no preexisting conditions or symptoms before recently that you probably have little to worry about. The more you worry the worse it gets.