• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Hearing Voices While High

I suppose every one reacts differently, no disagreements there, but what you use in a 2-3 day period is not very much. Maybe an existing condition and meth was the catalyst for it to come to the surface. I know some seriously crazy people and became stuck in crazyland after too many large iv doses of meth, but not from that amount you use

this is paranoia from drugs man, it takes a while for the brain to go back to normal, the fact that you have stopped for a few days does not mean that the brain has gone back to normality

I started hearing voices sober after I smoked dmt a few times. They can be very disturbing at times and truth be told the only things that have helped me are anti psychotic meds like zyprexa and learning to live with the voices that's to say that they are not always there, but when they do come up, I know that they are not real and I do my best not to engage them. A lot of the time it will be really awful paranoia accompanied with thoughts that people are out to get me in some way. Knowing that the stuff is not real is helpful, but has taken some time to get used to. Definitely go see a psychiatrist and tell them what's going on.

Meth is extremely neurotoxic. It basically disentegrates the white matter in parts of your brain. It winds up having a similar physiology and effect that schizoohrenics experience due to their white matter deficiencies.

---------------------------------------------

Link to schizoohrenic hallucinations, white matter study:

"Abstract

Auditory hallucinations are a frequent symptom in schizophrenia. While functional imaging studies have suggested the association of certain patterns of brain activity with sub-syndromes or single symptoms (e.g. positive symptoms such as hallucinations), there has been only limited evidence from structural imaging or post-mortem studies. In this study, we investigated the relation of local brain structural deficits to severity of auditory hallucinations, particularly in perisylvian areas previously reported to be involved in auditory hallucinations. In order to overcome certain limitations of conventional volumetric methods, we used deformation-based morphometry (DBM), a novel automated whole-brain morphometric technique, to assess local gray and white matter deficits in structural magnetic resonance images of 85 schizophrenia patients. We found severity of auditory hallucinations to be significantly correlated (P < 0.001) with volume loss in the left transverse temporal gyrus of Heschl (primary auditory cortex) and left (inferior) supramarginal gyrus, as well as middle/inferior right prefrontal gyri. This demonstrates a pattern of distributed structural abnormalities specific for auditory hallucinations and suggests hallucination-specific alterations in areas of a frontotemporal network for processing auditory information and language."

-----------------------------------------

Heres a link regarding meth abuse and psychosis; in relation to its effects on brain structure:

Note: "MAP" is an acronym for the "methamphetamine psychosis" group in this study.

"Results
We conducted a preliminary study and integrated highly sensitive SRM-based proteomics, profiling 43 proteins in the serum with psychometric measurements and DTI from a primary cohort of 12 MAP, 14 MA, and 16 healthy controls (Table 1). We explored the hypothesis that serum proteins previously implicated in the pathophysiology of major psychiatric disorders, and those related to candidate inflammatory and metabolic pathways, mediate susceptibility for psychosis with METH abuse, and that these differences occur in parallel with white matter microstructural alterations in MAP. We further studied the relationship between serum protein levels and DTI to determine how serum protein abundance may relate to altered microstructural integrity in MAP."

Hearing voices on stims is very common. Especially meth and especially with heavy use.

Probably once a month or so I’ll hear someone call out my name. It’s so vivid I usually reply, “what?” That’s with crack; it’s not an especially regular occurrence.

I’m not a big tweeker but did a binge once and heard “the people on the roof” talking about me...

Hello everyone! This is my first post on any kind of forum so I'm not sure how to go about it. I guess I'll just jump into it. I use to use regularly and quit after joining the service. I finished my contract recently and after a lot of shit circumstances, I ended up having to go back to my mothers. (Real winner here I know). I started self medicating for some issues I have by going back to the one thing I knew would make it go away. Meth. Something changed since I used to use it and now everytime I use, even a little, with no sleep deprivation, I vividly hear my mother and her husband discussing my use. Its so clear I could swear it was happening. I told her I had relapsed and what was going on and she told me they've never said any of the things they said. Its still happening and I dont know if they are lying to me or its all in my head. Are they scared to confront me? (I'm the least violent person in history, work 40 hours a week, and don't steal or any of that tweaker shit) I feel like im going insane. I tried stopping my use but it kept happening nightly. Anyon else experienced anything like this? Thank you in advance.

Its called psycosis its caused by the meth