• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

Headphones and what about them

Keaton

Bluelighter
Figured this would go well in either SO or one of the music sections.

Personally, I have two main pairs, one for home and one for on the go.

For when I'm out and about it's the Jams by Monster:
jamz_glam.jpg

Super low bass, really crisp sound, and durable as hell. The lifetime warranty is nice too.

For home I've got a set of the Studio Beats by Dre:
dr-dre-headphones.jpg

Nuff said on those imo. =D Although I wish they were a bit more durable, they don't feel like they could handle very much if they get dropped. But the sound is fan-damn-tastic.

What kind do you use? Some of your favorite brands? Which set do you wish you could have?

I've never been a fan of the 'huge' headphones which cover the entire ear; because i use the computer more then i sleep and usually for long-hours at a time (MMO, and RPG gaming).. the bigger headphones always crush my ears and i'm forced to take them off. I've only found 1 pair so far that's been great in terms of quality of sound and i can use them for 8+ hours without my ears feeling sore.

I must of bought these at least 6 years ago, fuck its been that long? I've broken this pair multiple times, this has to be my 5th pair by now.. i'm surprised there still manufacturing them. I can't even imagine the quality of sound the headphones these days must produce, out of my entire computer rig this is by far the oldest part.. i think when this pair breaks that's going to be it, i'll have to try find another pair that's as comfortable as these for long periods of time ;)

Sony MDR-V250

Sony-MDR-V250V-Ear-cup-24-Ohm-Headphone-0.jpg

I love good sound quality... The current headphones I have are ridiculously good, better than many $100+ headphones I have used, and they cost around $20. They are the basic Sennheiser model, HD 201. Seriously, look around at other reviews if you don't believe they can be so good for so cheap... They are freaks of nature.

uklDMIzgJWPFs0PF5FGLlQdDoITN1OuDkK11783BvPjtaHaDvgr-LwbkHY-kMCq2JXwZ4tJcQ_kz6AYaZFmzTXoU6-AwI0sLt17Hfz-tJV9wYq5ROkfnD030SUakFv8

FTR, I don't like ear buds at all unless I absolutely can't wear around-the-ear ones...

At home, I use Sony MDR7509s for mixing.

31U1LdmD%2BML._SL500_AA300_.jpg

They're monitors so they're designed to have a broad frequency range and no artificial boosting by default, but you can still boost with EQs and such from your sound source.

On the go I use Sennheiser IE4s.

41jDBBHtGtL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

^Sennheiser makes some fantastic cans.
I had a pair a while back but unfortunately they broke. :( But I did get three or four years of good use out of them and they were only ~$60 iirc.

I've got the Beats Pro by Dre:

glam_pro.png

Absolutely over the moon about them!

I've never been a fan of the 'huge' headphones which cover the entire ear; because i use the computer more then i sleep and usually for long-hours at a time (MMO, and RPG gaming).. the bigger headphones always crush my ears and i'm forced to take them off. I've only found 1 pair so far that's been great in terms of quality of sound and i can use them for 8+ hours without my ears feeling sore.

I must of bought these at least 6 years ago, fuck its been that long? I've broken this pair multiple times, this has to be my 5th pair by now.. i'm surprised there still manufacturing them. I can't even imagine the quality of sound the headphones these days must produce, out of my entire computer rig this is by far the oldest part.. i think when this pair breaks that's going to be it, i'll have to try find another pair that's as comfortable as these for long periods of time ;)

Sony MDR-V250

Sony-MDR-V250V-Ear-cup-24-Ohm-Headphone-0.jpg

These are what I've got as well. :)
I like 'em. The sound is good.......

I currently have a pair of Sennheiser cans and love 'em. Have had them since '06 or '07 when I needed something to cancel out the noise of roommates. :p For outside the home, I have a cheap (~$10) pair of ear phones. I cannot stand ear buds.

^ I'm pretty sure they retail here in Australia for about $600, but I got them in Hong Kong for just under $300.

I currently have a pair of Sennheiser cans and love 'em. Have had them since '06 or '07 when I needed something to cancel out the noise of roommates. :p For outside the home, I have a cheap (~$10) pair of ear phones. I cannot stand ear buds.

If you get a pair that fit, they're wonderful.

^ I'm pretty sure they retail here in Australia for about $600, but I got them in Hong Kong for just under $300.
I just spit water all over my computer.

I can appreciate this. As someone who use to spend $800+ on graphics cards for gaming, it's such a great feeling to have absolute high-end quality.

If you get a pair [of ear buds] that fit, they're wonderful.
I tried at least a half dozen pairs of ear buds from Radio Shack a year or so ago. One pair even had different "pads" to put on to make 'em fit better. I tried 'em all, and none would stay in for extended periods of time. When I found a pair that did stay in for an extended period of time (four hours while at work), upon taking them out my hearing appeared to be muted in one ear... and has been muted ever since. (I think it's from ear wax being pushed back... Still need to get to the doctor about it now that I have health insurance. 8()

I have a pair of Denon AH-D1001 headphones, and absolutely love them. I have had them for over a year and they still sound incredible even though I pretty much rape them daily. Also if you are looking for some nice earbuds check out digital designs, they are mainly pro-car audio but also makes earbuds.

to post pics, you need to type [img]link to pic[/img]

beats make me feel sick if i listen to them for more than a few minutes. its something to do with the noise cancelling affects because all noise cancelling headphones do it to me.

i use an old pair of sony's that look like the ones malakaix posted. i am not sure if its that exact model tho.

I can appreciate this. As someone who use to spend $800+ on graphics cards for gaming, it's such a great feeling to have absolute high-end quality.

I consider myself a bit of an audiophile, but 600 is a bit too much to spend on headphones. That's just me though.

I'd certainly pay the black market price for it. That's for sure.

Hate most headphones as their uncomfortable. Though these are always comfortable.
30469248-2-440-overview-1.gif

I really need new full on ear covering headphones as my old pair broke.:(