• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

Have You Ever Overdosed? [and all overdose discussion/stories]

so a drop would get one drunk? seems like a good way to conserve booze.

i just got out of the hospital on the 2nd i think (i don't know, my heads still fucked up from this, it might've been the 1st or 3rd).
i did probably the stupidest combo you can think of: over the course of a couple hours (i think, i just remember waking up in the hospital and like the first 30 minutes) i took 16-26 mg of Xanax (i had 13 bars that were all gone when i was finally coherent enough to search myself, so i just guessed based on tolerance), over a pint of whiskey (i only remember taking one swig), and some tar..
i was told that i completely stopped breathing 4 times...

i've learned my lesson, that was one of the worst experiences of my life.

of all the crazy shit i've done in the last 20 years, the one and only time i od'd wasn't even my fault, and it wasn't even a good drug. it was easter 1995, and i was 23. i had a terrible flu and my mom had taken me to the er twice, because i couldn't even keep a sip of water down. i was throwing up nonstop. when i was in the er they gave me an iv to hydrate me, and a shot of compazine to stop the vomitting (both times), and they sent me home with an rx for compazine suppositories. i kept throwing up, so my mom kept shoving the suppositories up my ass. by the middle of the night i wasn't getting any better, i was getting worse... so she took me to the er for a 3rd time in a 24 hour period... this time taking me to a bigger, better hospital in the city. while in the er my mom said i looked at her, my lips were blue, and i just went limp and stopped breathing. i guess she screamed or something, and she said the doctor literally jumped over the nurses station desk, and shoved her out of the room and called a code blue. my mom stood there watching them do cpr till they revived me. i don't remember anything till i woke up in icu. the doctor was yelling at me to look at her, and i couldn't focus my eyes on her, they kept rolling back in my head. all the muscles in my body contorted and balled up so much my mom and dad said it didn't even look like me... they said i looked like a monster. they couldn't figure out at first what had happened. apparently i had not only accumulated a lethal dosage of compazine in my system, i also had a very bad allergic reaction to it, causing tardive dyskinesia (sp?)... that's what caused the muscle spasms that contorted my body out of whack and made my eyes stay rolled back in my head. the doctor was afraid to put any more meds in my system after what all i went through, so i just had to ride it out till the compazine was out of my system. i was in icu for 3 days, and went home on the 5th day. so yeah... the one time i od'd was from my mom sticking compazine suppositories up my ass when i had the flu. how embarrassing~!

surprisingly i've never been hospitalized or anything....

i've gone into shock a dozen or so times on cocaine and crack, 3 or 4 times on adderall irs...doses of 120-200mg with booze..ridiculous shit of course.. body tingles, limbs go numb, sever pain in sides to where i feel paralyzed and can't move for hours..sometimes hyperventilate, feel very cold

first hit of crack (freebase) sent me into euphoria then puking water and passing out. then of course i got up and did some more 8)

passed out on alcohol more times than i can remember, waking up not knowing where the fuck i am .. puking and pissing blood

i guess i'm lucky, but wtf knows. i haven't had a physical in years- it could be all my organs fucked and i just don't know it yet

play safe,

-G

I was hanging out with this girl i was sort of dating one afternoon, drinking some beer and eating some xanax (probably a bar, maybe 3mg), when somehow the subject of heroin came up. Turns out-- we both use! so of course we think it of the utmost importance to slam some dope together.

we both get on our phones and she comes through first. we go pick up then head back to my place. she had acquired ballons of tar. having only done cut-to-shit practically worthless tar in denver during all my years of using, i didn't take her warnings on the strength of the tar seriously. she repeatedly cautioned me that it was some of the best shit she'd ever done.

arrogantly, i assume that she's just trying to impress me or that she doesn't know what good h really is. afterally, i had cut my teeth on the light tan powder that cincinatti has been famous for for the past decade and i'd been banging three or four bags of pretty decent east coast dope for some time at that point. she cautions me just to do one, but i assure her that with my tolerance i'll need at least two balloons to really get off.

big mistake. i remember letting her inject me (have no idea why she wanted to, but she did), tying me off with a thin purple scarf type deal she'd been wearing. the next memory i have is being bent over the toilet puking my innards out for hours on end. my abdominal muscles hurt so bad that i could barely move for days. as i would complain to my roommate, "when did i get kicked in the ribs by a horse?"

my roommate pieced it together for me. he was sitting in the living room when Eve came out of my room, obviously not ok, and let herself out the back door without saying a word. he thought something was probably up, but assumed we'd had a fight or something. after i didn't come out of my room for five or ten minutes he went to check on me. i was totally out, beginning to turn blue. he said that i was breathing, but just barely. he got me up and started walking me around the house, internally debating whether or not he should call the paramedics. he got me into the bathtub and blasted me with cold water, at which point i sort of regained consciousness and began the puking that i would continue practically unabted for the next 24 hours.

my memory was completely burnt. i could not remember anything, and i mean ANYTHING for the next three or four days. it was like my mind no longer had a 'record' function. it had also erased all memory of the week leading up to the OD. it was scary as fuck for me--especially since i had always had a near 100% phonographic memory-- but i can only imagine the trauma this put my poor friend through. i mean, we are practically brothers, had lived together for five years in three different states. it had been us against the world for most of our adult lives. i feel most bad for what i put him through. but he really was an angel, tending my retarded ass for the next week. i would wake up in the morning with no more knowledge than 'something horribly bad has happened' but i couldn't remember what. i would have to ask him when he woke up. this happened for the next three days.

eventually, over the course of the week my memory began to come back online, begin recording new information, and, though i never regained my phonographic memory, i have made vast strides in the ensuing 3 years. i would say that my memory is equal to that of your average, relatively intelligent person at this point, which is much much much more than i had for the weeks/months following the OD.

most upsetting, this was sort of the last straw for my friend. he had seen me ride the rollercoaster of recreational h use/addiction/clean/repeat too many times and couldn't do it anymore. who could blame him. he moved to texas the next month. i miss his companionship, regret losing his presence, tenfold more than i do the loss of my keen memory.

so, the lessons i've taken are 1) tar can be ridiculously fucking potent and 2) always, but always, do a tiny sample of any new dope that you come across, regardless of what you think your tolerance is. the variation between good and amazing dope is enough to kill you.

Last edited:
I myself have never overdosed, but my sister did on fentanyl and morphine. She didn't abuse the patch, she was wearing it, but I guess the morphine sped up the process. She was at a friend's house and fell asleep on the couch. He left for work, couldn't wake her up, but didn't think anything of it. He got off early that night and when he got home she was not breathing, blue, foaming at the mouth, and covered in vomit. He called 911 and they said if he hadn't got off work early that night, she would be dead. Scary stuff...

80 mg of Oxymorphone and 12 xanx bars. Dead as a door nail...I wrote a trip report on it but basically got called a fucking liar...like a overdose is something anyone wants or would even lie about too look cool....

I hate xanax, I can barely function if I take it. I don't know how you could function with that much in you!

i, unfortunately, have a lot of experience in the od department. they were all, except for an insane ritalin experience (oding on a stimulant is wicked scary) and a heroin incident, been intentional. ive been battling severe dipression and bipolar disorder for most of my life. there are too many to count and after the last two, both of which i wasnt medically supposed to live from, i somehow broke free of constant suicidal ideation. my liver is trashed from acetametophen and i finally realized with all of the shit i took, that i was damn lucky. im not going to go into gory details but the situations were really bad and i never really treated them as big deals. i was just so hell bent on dying that i didnt realize that having my mom find me naked on the floor, lying in my own vomit and being intubated and spending countless days in the icu was really bad and very serious. i would just get frustrated that i was still alive. im better now and i really dont want to die but im still careless with my drug use, at times and tend to feel like im invincible and that nothing bad will ever happen to me. i guess im trying to say that i hope everyone who has experienced an od or a crazy, out of control high or whatever, really apprecieates the fact that they survived because a life is not something that should be treated frivoulusly. it is pretty heavy if you actually think about it seriously.

ok, ill stop - just wanted to throw in my experience. im glad that the people in this post are actually able to post and arent dead.

also, if a person loses control and really does over do it or ods and ends up in the hospital, it is a bad expierence. let people tell their stories. it doesnt make anyone cooler or more hardcore or whatever oding to the point of coma or a journey in the icu. if that is more respected or more valid, then that is really sick.

stay safe, people.

i digress....

I've never truly overdosed but have had my share of close calls.

Two that really stick out were eating a bunch of tramadol and forgetting they had apap in them. I was well above the toxic dose and ended up puking my guts out and sweating. I was pretty nervous but soon the tramadol kicked in and I felt good.

I also overdid it on coke once. I don't know if this was reverse tolerance or what. I had done maybe 4 grams 2 days before this incident and ended up with 1 gram leftover. After finishing it off I had some really bad reaction. My thoughts started racing and I couldn't concentrate on anything. My heart was racing and I was starting to panick. I just lied on my bed and didn't know what the fuck was going on and couldn't get my mind off my pulse rate. I waited it out and it went away after a couple hours. I got my blood pressure taken a few days later for something not related and it was a lot higher than it is normally.

Yea, those were definitely the scariest. I've probably played roulette mixing opiates and benzos and opiates and coke but usually didn't sense any danger while I was on them.

captain heroin love the appropriate manson lyric.... wat a champion...

overdosed on ketamine at a prodidgy show, didn't have anything to snort off so just put straw in the bag and tried to gauge a hit. stupid idea, it was still a full gram in big crystals, i started loosing sight and balance, than woke up on a stretcher being put in an ambulance, then woke up again later with cops trying to find out my name and stuff cause i had no wallet on me, then after a while in hospital i'm still pretty much in the k hole and was totally freaking out pretty much just stood up and left cause i hadn't given my name yet.

nope, nearly did on a guessitmated dose of oral morphine, but i was fine. I have never even felt close to overdosing. My drug intake is quite extreme aswell.

captain heroin love the appropriate manson lyric.... wat a champion...

overdosed on ketamine at a prodidgy show, didn't have anything to snort off so just put straw in the bag and tried to gauge a hit. stupid idea, it was still a full gram in big crystals, i started loosing sight and balance, than woke up on a stretcher being put in an ambulance, then woke up again later with cops trying to find out my name and stuff cause i had no wallet on me, then after a while in hospital i'm still pretty much in the k hole and was totally freaking out pretty much just stood up and left cause i hadn't given my name yet.

Why didn't you just bump it off your finger?
Which prodigy, Prodigy the rapper or The Prodigy..the techno/industrial band?

I found out yesterday that I had a couple seizures (minor ones though) when I O.D'ed on stimulants a couple different times. I was alone and didn't know what the hell was going on. My friend was describing a seizure her cousin had when It hit me. "HOLY SHIT THOSE WERE FUCKING SEIZURES?!?!" this thought was immediately followed by an unmeasured line, followed by me thinking "oops that was a lot for one..." followed immediately by a massive nosebleed. -_-