• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Have you ever met a psychedelic you didn't like?

I didn't like 5-MeO-AMT and also have no respect for it since it effectively produced a useless and uncomfortable state (that lasted fucking forever!). My one trial of DOT/aleph-1 was kind of unpleasant too but I intend on trying it again for novelty's sake.

Everything else I've liked to some extent.

Sounds like we're on the verge of starting a salvia lynching party. And I probably wouldn't stop it - I hate that stuff.

Salvia Mea

I didn't like salvia, like most of you other folk, but gained respect for it after my few dabbles. It has remained in the jar untouched in the ten years since. I doubt I'll go again. However, most respect goes to those who really do work with the stuff. It must take balls of steel to get past the panic phase. The most bizarre and undescribable sensations I have yet had the pleasure of knowing, very forboding.
Otherwise, I have had something posiitive to say about every tryp/phen I have tasted. I haven't hit DIPT yet because that sound thing might get on my nerves a bit, although some people have spoken very highly of its mental properties.

5-MeO-DiPT (just crap), 5-MeO-AMT, DOI (bored me, too much stim too long duration), 2C-T-2 (gave me very strange body sensations - I had to continuously stretch my whole body repeatedly for hours), Salvia (too intense, fast, and hard to integrate, but i'll do it sometimes), DXM (I have had some semi-pleasurable experiences, but now it's like my body rejects it. I can't use it at all anymore. It's not very recreational anyways)

Those ones are the first that I can think of. I'll add more later if I think of any more.

based on my experience with them i don't think i wanna take DOC, DOB or mushrooms again. i accidentally took DOC AND DOB simultaneously and spent the better part of 13 hrs puking my guts out. i eventually passed out and woke up still tripping 8(

mushrooms i've only done once but it was extremely unpleasant. i'm chocking it up to set and setting but it felt like my head was in a vice-grip and my eyes wouldn't stop watering. i only took 1.8g, too! friends tell me to give it another shot and i might but not anytime soon. i have 15mg of psilocin so i think i'll try that instead.

Good idea... pure psilocin is much gentler and less prone to cause anxiety. But fortunately it's still massively psychedelic. :)

I want to add DXM, which I forgot about... I absolutely hate DXM's effects on me. Like psilocybonaut, I had a few good experiences with it when I was young, and after those few it turned bad. Really, really bad.

none, I have always found something I enjoyed, but also found something I didnt.

LEAST enjoyable would be salvia. But even my ol' holy grail DMT has given me some negative effects I really dont wish to experience again.

over all ketamine has been the most friendly.

Xorkoth said:
Good idea... pure psilocin is much gentler and less prone to cause anxiety. But fortunately it's still massively psychedelic. :)

I want to add DXM, which I forgot about... I absolutely hate DXM's effects on me. Like psilocybonaut, I had a few good experiences with it when I was young, and after those few it turned bad. Really, really bad.

the same thing happened to me. i would use DXM on an almost daily basis when i was younger but the last time i experimented with it (a few years ago, 2006 i think) it just gave me a massive headache and i felt like absolute shit. i'm not willing to write it off just yet though, i've had too many great experiences to do that. have you tried the naphtha extraction method so you're not drinking a bunch of HFCS? i think i'm going to do that the next time i use it.

Yopo.
Not even for the unpleasant insuflation so far as the feeling of poison coursing through my body. Unique visuals and mental space though, I'm gonna try some nitrous to see if I can tone down the body load...

Salvia-oxymt no like!!

LSD and shrooms are very good to me.

PFPP was a bit of an unpleasant mind fuck.
Datura just plain sucks.
LSA in the seed form is awful, way too much body load.
Mushies are such a dark and scary place to me.

Datura is most definitely not a psychedelic, so I wouldn't even consider it worthy of a "sucks most ass" nomination--it is even shittier than that.

I didn't like salvia, like most of you other folk, but gained respect for it after my few dabbles. It has remained in the jar untouched in the ten years since.
I think you can safety let go...it's bound to be dead by now.

swilow said:
I quite liked 4-HO-DiPT at that dose, though I had some cross-tolerance going on...in what sense did it take you a while to recover?

I found my thoughts buzzing for a week or three as far as they showed up, which was the biggest problem: my autopopup function of thoughts seemed defect. I'ld be attending lectures and normally, all sorts of thoughts pop up, but it stayed silent up there. I felt kinda dumb in a non sedated way.

^Interesting. I felt it to be relatively benign...I will have another sample without a tolerance going on and see. I don't really want to now though! :\

Sally is a mean bitch. She told me to never do it again. I'll do as she says. Oh, and yopo seeds are horrible.

Riemann Zeta said:
Of all the psychedelics that I have tried, I would say that 5-MeO-DiPT was my least favorite. I wouldn't bother ever doing it again.

However, if salvia is considered a psychedelic (I don't consider it a psychedelic, but I guess some do), I guess it might get my "crappiest" vote. It does virtually nothing for me (even nearly pure salvinorin A), tastes like a monkey's asshole when smoked and doesn't seem like it could be a positive experience.

I do feel sorry for anyone that likes it, however: it'll be C-I very soon.

Maybe you're one of those people that it doesn't affect. I tried a very small amount earlier for the first time, and believe me it's a psychedelic

I guess I don't have any kappa opioid receptors. Come to think of it, I can't think of a single opioid compound (any of the three types of agonists) that I have enjoyed or would ever bother doing again, save perhaps for required anaesthesia during surgery and even then, I would request ketamine over morphine.

Last edited: