• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Have you ever met a psychedelic you didn't like?

SKL

Bluelight Crew
I was thinking about this lately. There are a few drugs that I'm not totally sold on but in terms of psychedelics that I've taken, I haven't met one that I didn't like, or at least have some respect for. I mean, totally didn't like. Not just had a negative experienced, but a drug that you weren't a fan of. I've had my share of not-so-hot psychedelic experiences but honestly there aren't any psychedelic drugs that I would turn my nose up at taking again giving the right circumstances. Some I like better than others, some I consider more worthwhile than others, some I'd take casually, some I'd think long and hard before taking again, some I reckon I'm pretty much done with and not interested in doing again, but there's not one that I thought was worthless. I don't regret any of the ones that I've taken ... well, I regret some of my trips but more due to circumstances than to the drugs in question.

Granted, I haven't taken some of the ones with reputations for being particularly unpleasant (5-MeO-AMT comes to mind), but I'd probably give it a go for shits and giggles.

How about you? Is there a psychedelic you took that you just said "EWW" and would never touch again? Anything you would never touch? Do share.

Edit:

I forgot. I hate fucking SALVIA with a passion. So I HAVE met a psychedelic I didn't like. Lulz.

Last edited:
Yeah I wouldn't take DOB or 5meoAMT again.

^Two that I haven't tried on their "reputation to be unpleasant," LOL. But I'd give 'em a go TBH in controlled circumstances. Something about curiosity and cats??

DOB is just dandy in my eyes but Id have to agree with 5-meo-AMT...

Also I wasnt really a huge fan 5-meo-DiPT either....all that godamn buzzzzzing...

T.

I'd say DOB... it's like the schoolyard bully of the psychedelics, just waiting to beat you up and take your lunch money. Bad vibes all around.

I hated mushrooms with a passion. Couldn't get past the extreme anxiety and unpleasant stomach problems I would experience.

I also absolutely HATED DMT the first few times I tried it. It tasted horrible, the vapors were harsh and the sub-trip it would leave me with would remind me of my mushroom trips and I would again be full of severe anxiety and even slight paranoia.

Then I finally had my first DMT breakthrough. Now I love DMT <3

Maybe it's time I give mushrooms a go again

Both times I tried lsa I hated it. Didnt like the feeling and when I awoke the next day I felt like I was still tripping, not in a good way (thought I ruined my brain, you know how that goes). It may have been that I ate too much IDK but I ended up giving the rest of my seeds away.

salvia...SALVIA...SALVIA!!! well I have extreme respect for it, so I guess I don't meet your criteria but there is no way I will ever be doing that again.

I've tried it a number of times thinking "well this time X is different so i might enjoy it" ... nope

Oh snap.

I completely forgot about Salvia.

I hate fucking Salvia.

The whole premise of this thread is in question now.

LOL.

But carry on. This could be interesting =D

Of all the psychedelics that I have tried, I would say that 5-MeO-DiPT was my least favorite. I wouldn't bother ever doing it again.

However, if salvia is considered a psychedelic (I don't consider it a psychedelic, but I guess some do), I guess it might get my "crappiest" vote. It does virtually nothing for me (even nearly pure salvinorin A), tastes like a monkey's asshole when smoked and doesn't seem like it could be a positive experience.

I do feel sorry for anyone that likes it, however: it'll be C-I very soon.

4-HO-DET

It was interesting experiencing a medium-ish dose of it as one of my first RC's, and as an investigation into psilocybin analogues... But it has some pretty hardcore physical and mental side effects, the muscular tremors and twitching feel like an unpleasant evil energy even when you relax into them and let them go. Now I'm not sure about that last comment, it might just have been a particular reaction I had at the time... But there definately were some pretty lasting visual disturbances and a pronounced mind fry effect that revealed itself especially when smoking cannabis. I remember seeing classic tryptamine OEV's on my ceiling every time I got stoned for a week after dosing... The muscular tremors also manifested themselves in social situations where I felt anxious, causing a pretty alarming "Wabbly Legs" effect. I can't say for sure whether I will feel up to trying this one again before my sample of it degrades, sadly... But who knows what the future might bring ;)

Methylone gave me weird visuals and a twisted head-trip.

I've also found 2C-B to put me in a "bad place" at times.

DOI was boring and too long.

2C-E sort of creeped me out.

Salvia, I neither like nor dislike. It just is.

2C-C and 2C-D have both given me "I'd rather be sober" trips.

So far I've liked everything I've tried. I had a bad experience when I went too far with Salvia during an LSD trip, but I don't hate salvia. I had some interesting times with it at non breakthrough doses. I just wouldn't do a breakthrough dose for a loooong time.

ahhh, yeah... i'd say salvia? even though i was in an awful setting when i broke through...\

but yeah, in general, i share the mentality of "never met a psychedelic i didn't respect".

salvia is the only drug I ever threw away because I intensely disliked it. But I also disliked lsa.

I haven't yet had a pleasant or worthwhile experience with 5-meo-dmt yet but I haven't given up on that one yet. When the time is right I will try it again.

DOC. I'd never take it again unless it came directly from Shulgin's own fingers.

On the opposite end of the spectrum, Salvia is one of my favorites :)

8 out of the 10 people that I know have tried Salvia, would not ever try it again

fucking mushrooms.....my last experience was the worst experience of my life. i thought i died and i couldnt do anything to get myself out of the bad state of mind. i dont think ill ever take them again. it makes me sick just thinking about it

AMT I would say- personal prefernce- felt like a sketchy fuck on it, kinda paranoid and edgy. Its one I don't want again, regardless of the glowing reports.

Now salvia, I don't like, but I will still use it.

I think nitrous is shit too.

edit: possibly DiPT as well. Too weirdy noise wise; thought I had fucked my hearing. Probably would try again though...