• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

Have you ever done drugs with your dad/mom?

Please, stop mislabeling acid AND mdma as hard drugs bc they're not.
A bad trip doesn't last forever either, wtf have u Been consuming?
He has a point. Acid and MDMA are probably much safer than meth and heroin, obviously, but they aren't without their risks. Introducing a drug into someone's system is inherently risky as you can't fully predict how they'll react. One's mental stability is at risk anytime we consume a substance, whatever it may be. For some people (myself included) the risks are worth it for those two drugs in particular, but as a parent your child's safety is always gonna be number one priority. Some will never want to risk that, even if the chance is slim

He has a point. Acid and MDMA are probably much safer than meth and heroin, obviously, but they aren't without their risks. Introducing a drug into someone's system is inherently risky as you can't fully predict how they'll react. One's mental stability is at risk anytime we consume a substance, whatever it may be. For some people (myself included) the risks are worth it for those two drugs in particular, but as a parent your child's safety is always gonna be number one priority. Some will never want to risk that, even if the chance is slim
Istill Wanna introduce my dad to acid, tho. Im never having kids. Xd

I can't help but find this attitude funny when we live in a society where it's completely normal for parents to introduce their teenage kids to alcohol, one of the most addictive and deadly substances on the planet, but yet to suggest doing a sensible dose of acid or MDMA in a controlled environment with a loved one would be going a bit too far.

My Father died 2 1/2 years ago and since that I'm smoking my Good-Night-Joint also in front of her (my momk, I must go out for it). Now she knows it's nothing special and is accepting it. But I'm just smoking in front her, she never does anything.

JJ

pain pills quite a lot with my dad. got him to smoke weed last father's day (he didn't like it). he died February 7. rip pop.

I can't help but find this attitude funny when we live in a society where it's completely normal for parents to introduce their teenage kids to alcohol, one of the most addictive and deadly substances on the planet, but yet to suggest doing a sensible dose of acid or MDMA in a controlled environment with a loved one would be going a bit too far.
Oh I'm with you completely. I guess my point is that some parents truly do abstain from all drugs. To the parents that are getting drunk with their kids (mine) then yeah it's hypocritical but I do understand why some parents wouldn't want to do anything with their kids even if they knew the dug was safe

Oh I'm with you completely. I guess my point is that some parents truly do abstain from all drugs. To the parents that are getting drunk with their kids (mine) then yeah it's hypocritical but I do understand why some parents wouldn't want to do anything with their kids even if they knew the dug was safe

Oh yeah fair enough. I think this attitude where parents wanna keep their kids away from alcohol is most common in the US. In the UK and Europe it's very normal for parents to give their teens light drinks with dinner. Which, considering how ubiquitous alcohol is in society, is honestly sensible because it then means drinking isn't seen as a big deal later on when they start to rebel. But I would treat the less harmful drugs like weed, and in the right set and setting yes also psychedelics, in the same way if I had kids. I would warn them away from opiates and the like though.

Oh yeah fair enough. I think this attitude where parents wanna keep their kids away from alcohol is most common in the US. In the UK and Europe it's very normal for parents to give their teens light drinks with dinner. Which, considering how ubiquitous alcohol is in society, is honestly sensible because it then means drinking isn't seen as a big deal later on when they start to rebel. But I would treat the less harmful drugs like weed, and in the right set and setting yes also psychedelics, in the same way if I had kids. I would warn them away from opiates and the like though.
For sure, my dad never treated weed differently from alcohol. When he would have a beer with dinner he never had an issue if I toked the one hitter, ya know what I mean. He used to do coke in college and has warned away from that one, mostly because of horrible quality nowadays. My dad has never done psychs but a while ago we sat down and I explained to him how much positive change they have helped bring into my life. He accepted that he can't deny my experiences, though he's not likely to ever try them himself. Especially given the incident I discussed above.

For sure, my dad never treated weed differently from alcohol. When he would have a beer with dinner he never had an issue if I toked the one hitter, ya know what I mean. He used to do coke in college and has warned away from that one, mostly because of horrible quality nowadays. My dad has never done psychs but a while ago we sat down and I explained to him how much positive change they have helped bring into my life. He accepted that he can't deny my experiences, though he's not likely to ever try them himself. Especially given the incident I discussed above.

That's a good open attitude to have. Similar type of thing when I spoke to my mum about it. Doesn't really like this stuff and definitely won't try it but can clearly see it helps me and causes me less trouble than prescription pills. The fact medical science is catching up helps too. Ultimately though at this point it's like, you're an adult, do what you want.

Irony. My mom drugged me, I had a fucked up childhood. But I did green with my kids.

If I ever have kids, and my kid grows up and becomes a psychedelic lover like me, and he/she wanted to trip with me at some adult stage of their life, I would do it. To jose's point, yes some people experience lasting negative effects from psychedelics, but most people do not. If someone has a lot of experience and knows what they're doing, it's really not much of a risk. If my adult child asked me if I wanted to take some acid with them, I would definitely do it, I think it would be a great bonding experience and a way to get to know them better in a unique way.

Unfortunately, I don't think addiction is the only problem here. Specially considering hallucinogenics or MDMA, high doses, an unappropriated environment, a bad day, a bad trip... you know, some people, namely those who love psychedelics, advocates that a bad trip can teach you many things and perhaps it is true but the boundary between the knowledge and the trigger for a panic attack is thin, which is dangerous. It is dangerous because once panic is installed it can last forever and destroy a life. Hard drugs are a game, we play, we can win, but we can lose, are you willing to risk the mental stability of your kids for fun? As a parent, I think protection must be the motto.

As a son, I have had the opportunity to do drugs with my parents and other relatives that, when I was a child, I would have never imagined a situation like that coming up... being sincere, it was disgusting to see them fucked up, babbling, tripping balls. I kinda lost some respect, not because I am a conservative person but, defining in other terms, it is like an underlying lost of respect (that arises in the profound subconscious and not as a planned thought)

You're not a parent though are you?

Wind your neck in brother. relax. Protection of offspring is instinctive and obviously helpful, but over-protection is immensely harmful. I'd say facilitation of self-hood would be the ideal 'motto' of parenting, certainly more-so than protection anyway.

The 'kid' I'm talking about is probably a few years older than you are mate, and is already very experienced with psychedelics and is a really grounded person. Any trip we may or may not do together in the future will also be undertaken in full knowledge of set/setting balance....something I'm well acquainted with given the amount of trips I've already previously facilitated for other people (not for some years now, granted). You feeling a bit more comfortable with the scenario and less concerned for the welfare of my children? Excellent :cool:

We wouldn't be fucking around with low doses either, no siree :devilish:

I think the scenario has the potential to be a peak life experience, at the very least it would be seriously interesting. The connective possibilities would be just incredible and I bet it would be something we'd both treasure for always.

i think my point is a point, valid for some contexts and not valid for others.. in general it is related more with how the subject drugs is introduced as children grow up.. if it is introduced like, hey kid, let's smoke some weed here and drink some beers, let's say with this kid being 15-16 years-old, to me, it is a risk.

my main aspect is: there is no point in introducing or facilitating drugs in the life of your children

a life without drugs is better than a life with drugs, that's the motto in education, the risks simply don't balance the benefits.

There are ways to use drugs in a responsible manner and take advantage of this fact, but there are thousands of ways that may lead you to unpleasant situations

And no one wants to have the feeling that a substance is necessary to have fun, even if this substance is alcohol. Ask a stoner whether there is fun in a night without weed...

my main aspect is: there is no point in introducing or facilitating drugs in the life of your children

I imagine for a lot of people for whom drugs have gotten out of control or become a serious problem, "coming home" to mum and dad's drug-free loving environment (maybe tough loving environment) has been the game-changing lifesaver. Certainly, in my case when I hit rock bottom more than once it was my parent's sincere anti-drug but accepting me attitude that helped me sort myself out. If they'd been tolerant of drugs, let alone been willing to consume with me, I would not have had a safe drug-free place to escape to. I really appreciate what they offered in that regard.

a life without drugs is better than a life with drugs, that's the motto in education, the risks simply don't balance the benefits.

There are ways to use drugs in a responsible manner and take advantage of this fact, but there are thousands of ways that may lead you to unpleasant situations

And no one wants to have the feeling that a substance is necessary to have fun, even if this substance is alcohol. Ask a stoner whether there is fun in a night without weed...

Agreed. A parent introducing their child to drugs is highly irresponsible. But a parent whose adult child has their own experience independent on their parents, and one day they want to trip with their parent... that is quite different, don't you think? And it could be a great bonding experience.

If I ever have a kid, I would hope they never got into drugs. But if they were like me,and got into psychedelics or weed, and one day, in their 20s or older, they wanted to trip with me... I think it would be a special thing that I would certainly consider. I would never introduce them to drugs.