• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Has weed fucked you/anyone you know up?

Losers are Losers First, Stoners 2nd.

Marijuana will not make you something else, there are plenty of intelligent people out there who smoke every day.

Bud weed got me busted on a curfew ticket when I young. =/

Pillthrill said:
I would say tobacco is THE gateway drug actually...

it all depends, i know a lot more people that smoke cigarettes but dont use any illegal drugs than i know people who smoke weed and dont use any illegal drugs. i think we should just agree that alcohol, tobacco, marijuana and even caffeine can all be gateway drugs. really, whatever drug you start out using and liking first can be a gateway drug because once you become habituated to the behavior of altering your mind through chemical means, what's to stop you from wanting to experiment with different chemicals?

Caffeine is actually a better arguement...I was just saying that there are other drugs that are almost ALWAYS tried before others...but thats just because almost everyone does at some point.

cannabis/marijuana can have negative effects and fuck u up in life if used improperly. some people, (like most of my friends), can smoke a lot, even evryday multiple times and live a good lifestyle and be very social and do decent in college.

other people like me, it will make socially and generally anxious.

It really depends on the person. many people smoke weed to cure their mental illnesses and other ailments. most of these will have bad long term experiences with weed. it depends on the person, and their set, setting, and their problems in life that preexist. weed usually doesnt create new problems out of nowhere. it is usually related to something u already have, or it is something u have and makes it worse.

another thing is, that if weed has caused problems in on persons life, it is usually because it it aggravating preexisting problems and making them worse 10x. if u can fix these problems, then u can smoke weed without fucking up your life in any way. until then dont smoke.

Pillthrill said:
I think that it can lead to a lack of emotional and personal growth and maturity.

nope. imma hafta disagree. since smoking pot, i have had far more emotional and personal growth. i'm not stuck on all this "high school crap" in the world. trying to get the biggest car, the best house, the stylish clothes or the job at the firm. life's about enjoying it with your friends and loved ones while you can. we take too many things in this world for granted and pot has helped me see things in a realistic attitude. my mind is totally open to ideas and things i would have shunned as boring in my "normal" life but now i take more interest in a lot of things and life exploration.

Onoe said:
Losers are Losers First, Stoners 2nd.

true words. the majority of people who have mental trouble/panic attacks with weed are because they have anxiety/mental problems to deal with already. this has been said millions of times already.

There was a time in my life that i did experience some sort of anxiety while under the influence of THC. I'm guessing it's just some things that were going on in my life, but they were magnified when i was high. This did not stop me from smoking weed, but i definitely didn't enjoy it. Eventually it passed and i am able to get high minus the anxiety. :) I used to have a friend that realized that he did nothing but smoke weed and hated it, turned super christian and is now anti-drugs.

God damn is he annoying.

squirrel_master said:
nope. imma hafta disagree. since smoking pot, i have had far more emotional and personal growth. i'm not stuck on all this "high school crap" in the world. trying to get the biggest car, the best house, the stylish clothes or the job at the firm. life's about enjoying it with your friends and loved ones while you can. we take too many things in this world for granted and pot has helped me see things in a realistic attitude. my mind is totally open to ideas and things i would have shunned as boring in my "normal" life but now i take more interest in a lot of things and life exploration.

I was saying that this happens to SOME, most certainly not ALL

and to elaborate on that point, i experienced the same thing. emotional and personal growth when i first started using marijuana, but then as i continued to use and abuse it, i stopped growing personally and it started to take away from my maturity.

the effects from use and long term heavy abuse were totally opposite. it started out positive, enlightening, thought provoking, psychedelic and spiritual. it ended as an addiction which turned me into a paranoid wreck of a human being who basically forgot who i was other than the fact that i smoked weed.

no - not really. in fact some of the more level headed people i know are smokers whilst the non-smokers (usually drinkers) leave a lot to be desired as human beings.

I can't think of anyone I know who takes it and who it hasn't been helped by it in some way. Many of them are lifetime, daily smokers who haven't become the stupid, brain-dead stoner that they're supposed to have become after years on weed.

It's helped people I know get over personal problems, helped others relax and become more social. For others it seems to have made them more open to the possibilities in the universe. Not less objective or gullible, but more that - on some subconscious level - they now feel closer to a sense of ultimate reality and truth than they did before they began smoking. This effect is one of the few gained from smoking weed that doesn't stop when you're straight or really seem to fade over time. Weed helps point people in the right way spiritually, but without the burden of a particular religious view.

It helps people become more creative, more feeling, more perceptive, and in ways that are impossible to describe to those who have never been high. Long live weed:)

LR

Ive been smoking daily (usually multiple times a day)for 3 years and since then have lost weight, got in better physical condition and have made more friends. Its all about what you do when you are high, you cant sit around and eat all day or stay inside. This last semester I got my highest gpa since I have been there and I did smoke a lot of weed.

Cannabis has had mixed effects on me. For one, I feel the friends I have at the moment are some of the better ones I've had my whole life. I am amazingly charismatic in my written language these days as opposed to when I first started toking, however this could just be due to me getting older. I also just like to be stoned, lol, a lot. The bad is that if I'm stoned in the wrong situation, like at school, it's never a good buzz, but I keep doing it for some reason, whereas if it's after school or on the weekend with my friends it's totally chill. Also nothing gets me upset these days, which is good, but it's really bad when you take a break and start getting upset again, feeling emotions you haven't felt in months, and negative emotions at that.

Overall, I'm neutral. In some areas it has improved my life, in other areas there is clear evidence of it having a negative effect.

EDIT

and to elaborate on that point, i experienced the same thing. emotional and personal growth when i first started using marijuana, but then as i continued to use and abuse it, i stopped growing personally and it started to take away from my maturity.

the effects from use and long term heavy abuse were totally opposite. it started out positive, enlightening, thought provoking, psychedelic and spiritual. it ended as an addiction which turned me into a paranoid wreck of a human being who basically forgot who i was other than the fact that i smoked weed.

You hit the nail on the fucking head right there, my friend. That is a pretty good summary of my experience with Cannabis. I usually continue to smoke until I get to that point, the point where I have convinced myself I'm crazy and that no one wants to be around me and that I do not in fact do other things than smoking weed. Thankfully, a break sorts things out and weed is back to its enlightening self. It's great being 4 days into a break and being like I feel GOOD, why did I smoke weed all that time? What a waste of money!!! But then, a month later or so, you blaze, and you're all like, AHHHH YEEEE this is why I smoke weed, lol.

Last edited:
burn out said:

wow! you'd also probably f@#k up a wet dream. 8)

Marijuana gets me high(fucked?) all the time...

But other then that, no. A drug can't ruin a persons life, they do that themselfs.:X

By reading the posts, there great examples.

Moderation and responsibility is KEY.

Last edited:
yea it's fucked up people I know. WHile it may be a positive thing for some, it turns others into lazy sacks of shit that do nothing with their lives because they are content staying on their couch and smoking more. They were and still are very bright people, but pot holds many back from reaching their full potential. No doubt about it. It has different effects on people.

Really, the people around here that used a lot in HS are still here. I live in a small town where anyone that wants to make something of their life moves away. Those that smoke, stay, sell weed usually and start another generation off to a great start.