• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Has weed fucked you/anyone you know up?

Destroyed my life and I live in pain and misery from the day I wake up till I go to bed.

My soul will never be free until I am dead.

I don't think I will ever be happy again or free from paranoia/depression.

All because of canabis.

CoolCalmDrew said:
The problem isn't weed. It's what it leads too. MARIJUANA IS A GATEWAY DRUG PEOPLE!

bullshit peope will do what they want! weed is the first drug most people try so oviously anything elce someone trys after that its easy to say weed made him a crack head but it aint true

bighooter said:
Destroyed my life and I live in pain and misery from the day I wake up till I go to bed.

My soul will never be free until I am dead.

I don't think I will ever be happy again or free from paranoia/depression.

All because of canabis.
sarcasm?

weed fucks you up like any drug if you're not careful.

I think it's the fact that you can smoke it and feel better. which is obviously not healthy.

vectra said:
bullshit peope will do what they want! weed is the first drug most people try so oviously anything elce someone trys after that its easy to say weed made him a crack head but it aint true

actually, alcohol is the first drug most people try.

weed fucked me up
no job. i stopped going to school when i was 14. i'm extremely anxious i used to go to therapy twice a week but i stopped bcuz i 'couldnt be fucked' doin it. . . yuck!!!

NO.

people get fucked up and use pot and people think its the pot, the person would have gotten fucked up without the pot, some people are fuckups or have mental problems or lazy or whatever and just happen to use pot, but the person would have been like that regardless (in most cases, 99%)

enoughorangejuice? said:
NO.

people get fucked up and use pot and people think its the pot, the person would have gotten fucked up without the pot, some people are fuckups or have mental problems or lazy or whatever and just happen to use pot, but the person would have been like that regardless (in most cases, 99%)

so you're saying the persons lungs would have just magically filled up with tar even if they hadn't smoked pot? that's kind of ridiculous. drugs, including marijuana, can have direct negative effects which would have not happened otherwise, even if the person was messed up to begin with.

^They should have made a decision to quit, or cut back. It was there own choices about using the drug that fucked them.

burn out said:
so you're saying the persons lungs would have just magically filled up with tar even if they hadn't smoked pot? that's kind of ridiculous. drugs, including marijuana, can have direct negative effects which would have not happened otherwise, even if the person was messed up to begin with.

tar isn't what causes lung cancer its the radioactivitiy....read: http://nepenthes.lycaeum.org/Drugs/THC/Health/cancer.html

I think that it can lead to a lack of emotional and personal growth and maturity. I think being high is often used to deal with emotional pain, which a common factor in teens, but I think that struggling and working through that emotional pain causes growth and being stoned pervents it, leading to just general immaturity of high (no pun intended) users

it's been 2 and a half months since i made a post in this thread, page 2. I still haven't smoked and i managed to amass some savings, got an even better job and attracted the attention of someone i'd like to spend a lot of my life with.

Not saying it's all because i stopped smoking.. just about 80% of it is

Though i bought some weed at the weekend, which has sat here unsmoked. 7grams of jack herer and now i'm regretting it. Maybe i can become one of those people who just smokes at the weekend or to wind down after work. Just need some willpower, and at least now i know what to expect from abuse.

Link_S said:
I've never had any problems.. yet

Nor have any of my friends

Wow, times change fast

Had the worst panic attack 2 weeks ago, first problem i've ever had smoking weed, since then i've been on edge when stoned and a bit anxious when not, so i've quit for a bit
Not really fucked up, but could've gone ALOT worse

burn out said:
it's partially my fault of course for continuing to smoke even after i started to get negative affects but i also blame all those people and websites that say there are no permanent affects and once you stop everything goes back to normal because if i had known i wouldn't go back to normal, i never would have continued to smoke.
No men, its all your fault.
Marijuana is like everything in life, it has permanent effects! Don't smoke it, gives more for me to smoke ;)

I've had problems smoking cannabis, incluiding all you guys said, but i WAS NOT CANNABIS FAULT, BUT MY FAULT! I've continued to smoke and i don't have bad effects no more.. all i did was to solve what was wrong in my life and the cannabis high returned to complete joy and such...

DOn't blame cannabis for you bad situation in life, blame you! if u blame cannabis u will spend your life the same with resolving anything...

The poster got problems from self denial, not from cannabis itself.

enoughorangejuice? said:
tar isn't what causes lung cancer its the radioactivitiy....read: http://nepenthes.lycaeum.org/Drugs/THC/Health/cancer.html

1) i never said smoking marijuana caused lung cancer. (it does not)

2) i never said tar caused lung cancer.

3) even when smoking so this "radioactive tobacco," it has a greater chance of killing you by causing emphysema or heart disease that actually causing lung cancer. lung cancer is only the third most common cause of death by tobacco.

3) your source is hardly credible. the most recent study cited in that article is from 1986. 8)

4) all this was beyond the main point i was illustrating using a simple example which flew over your head, the fact that drugs can have negative effects on people which would not have manifested had they not used the drugs or had the drugs not been in existence.

in other words, you can't say that everyone who fucked themselves up using drugs would have fucked themselves up anyway. there is no evidence to support this.

toastedpanda said:
^They should have made a decision to quit, or cut back. It was there own choices about using the drug that fucked them.

yes of course but that's true of any drug.

some people take issue with the wording "crack fucked me up". they want you to admit more responsibility and instead say "my decision to abuse cracked resulted in my getting fucked up".

but that's beside the point. here we are looking at people and whether their cannabis use has had negative effects on them. we are not asking who should be blamed. if you want to say it was the person's fault for abusing cannabis, go right ahead. but it's still admitting that cannabis abuse has the potential to fuck people up, something which many people have been known to deny. many people contend that cannabis is a safe, non addictive drug that has virtually no negative effects on anyone, even heavy users. the original poster is asking for other peoples experiences to see whether or not this is indeed true.

My use of weed from age 15-20 most definitely had mental consequences. I would often get paranoid and psychotic. I can't explain rationally why I continued smoking when it made me feel so awful. Even after I quit, there was lasting psychological effects. I often questioned my sanity and whether I could function normally in society.

CoolCalmDrew said:
The problem isn't weed. It's what it leads too. MARIJUANA IS A GATEWAY DRUG PEOPLE!

Biggest myth ever. Alcohol is more of a gateway drug. If I go out and get drunk, I'll probably go on a mission at some stage for coke/pills/amps. If I smoke a joint, I'll probably just chill and be happy where I am.

hexxx said:
Biggest myth ever. Alcohol is more of a gateway drug. If I go out and get drunk, I'll probably go on a mission at some stage for coke/pills/amps. If I smoke a joint, I'll probably just chill and be happy where I am.

this thread isn't "Has alcohol fucked you/anyone you know up?" it's asking about weed and for some people, weed is a gateway drug. for others it isn't. scientists agree that there is nothing necessarily inherent about marijuana that makes it more of a gateway drug than other drugs aside from the fact that it's illegal but it still serves as a gateway drug for many people (and also keeps many other people away from other drugs, as does alcohol).

but for me, it was weed itself that fucked me up and not the other drugs it lead to. they have been much kinder to me.