• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Has weed fucked you/anyone you know up?

That is really well written, just about sums up how I view things

From what I have read, there is causal evidence of the fact that cannabis can trigger psychotic disorders (trigger, not cause). Is this incorrect? I think it had much to do with the multiple psychotic breaks two of my former friends had, though I can not say this for sure. Would like to hear more. Don't see this as a support for prohibition, I am completely on the side of legalisation. But I do believe every psychoactive substance has the potential for harm and I also believe cannabis can trigger certain mental disorders, until I see evidence otherwise

Yes, cannabis can help exacerbate latent psychotic disorders, as can other pharmacological classes (for example, psychedelic hallucinogens like LSD or dissociative anesthetics like PCP). Having anxiety or even a psychotic break on cannabis is different from activating latent schizophrenia, though...people often make full recoveries from a psychotic episode triggered by cannabis or stimulants, etc. And since people with serious mental disorders are only a small percentage of the population (1% for schizophrenia, IIRC) the risks of cannabis, even on the mental side, are very very small. IMO.

Yup I was an everyday smoker for a few years and massively over did it smoking too much for sure and it caused me to develop paranoia depression and bad social anxiety I was at a stage where I hated my life and loathed my self after I quit I slowly went back to normal but not fully even now I'm not a particularly happy person and still have low confidence not too mention the bad memory and constantly foggy mind (which I still have now)

three of my closest mates who were my main smoking buddies also all had the exact same effects infact I know a fair amount of people who have been fucked up by weed...

Yeah don't read all the bullshit you read on the Internet about weed being this magical substance with nothing negative about because it's not weed is just like anything it can fuck you up if you're stupid with admittedly it's bad effects aren't nearly as bad as most drugs but still it needs to be treated nicely or it can fuck you over