• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Has weed fucked you/anyone you know up?

Majority of people I see who have become worse from Cannabis use are those who started at a young age. Cognitive issues, social anxiety, etc.
I waited until I was 18 and its done nothing but help me.

Not sure I totally agree with that conclusion. I started tokin weed at age 15...I'm about to turn 59 & haven't quit ever!! My life turned out just fine...so I think it's how much will-power someone has. There's a time & a place for everything. Work isn't the place.

made me more introverted and more boring imo

wish i didn't start smoking as much as i did, definitely messed me up in the LR

Not sure I totally agree with that conclusion. I started tokin weed at age 15...I'm about to turn 59 & haven't quit ever!! My life turned out just fine...so I think it's how much will-power someone has. There's a time & a place for everything. Work isn't the place.

I smoke every day & have been smoking weed for over 20 years since I was 13. Cannabis has affected me no doubt in many negative ways & I would strongly encourage people to start smoking after they turn 18. That said I hold down a responsible corporate job & would not dream of going to work stoned. If I made a mistake in anything I am working on it could have huge financial penalties. I rarely drink alcohol these days so a few hot ones at night keeps Jack a happy boy indeed.
Holding down a corporate job there is no way I could work stoned.

You can say that weed causes mental disorders.

It changes the way you think so drastically, that you aren’t the same ever...

I still think like a stoner even though I no longer consume Bud...

The same non-chalant, cool-calm-collected attitude towards most things.

But, I for the life of me can’t fucking smoke bud anymore...

I can do anything besides cannabinoids... There is just something about them that effects me very negatively in my mind.

So glorious till it backfired on me.

I smoke every day & have been smoking weed for over 20 years since I was 13. Cannabis has affected me no doubt in many negative ways & I would strongly encourage people to start smoking after they turn 18. That said I hold down a responsible corporate job & would not dream of going to work stoned. If I made a mistake in anything I am working on it could have huge financial penalties. I rarely drink alcohol these days so a few hot ones at night keeps Jack a happy boy indeed.
Holding down a corporate job there is no way I could work stoned.

I agree 99.9%. For 1 thing, weed should be legalized & sold to people 18+ yrs of age. Alcohol remaining at 21+ yrs of age...& of course, NEVER go to work/school stoned. You'll fuck something up & if you're a heavy machine operator, that could have drastic effects.
People need to have their priorities in order. If you have a family, they come before everything. Keep your toking on the D-L. Forget the 'wake & bakes' anymore (possibly a weekend might be occasionally OK). Show some will-power/self-control & don't stay blasted all day long.
I still can't make sense of the government's mind-set when it comes to weed. Weed (exclusively) has killed 0! people since governments have been keeping track of the different dope us old hippies have tried. Like I mentioned, alcohol & tobacco kill hundreds of thousands annually...while cannabis hasn't killed anything (except possibly a few old brain cells that people may have dropped outta their ears. LOL!)

I agree 99.9%. For 1 thing, weed should be legalized & sold to people 18+ yrs of age. Alcohol remaining at 21+ yrs of age...& of course, NEVER go to work/school stoned. You'll fuck something up & if you're a heavy machine operator, that could have drastic effects.
People need to have their priorities in order. If you have a family, they come before everything. Keep your toking on the D-L. Forget the 'wake & bakes' anymore (possibly a weekend might be occasionally OK). Show some will-power/self-control & don't stay blasted all day long.
I still can't make sense of the government's mind-set when it comes to weed. Weed (exclusively) has killed 0! people since governments have been keeping track of the different dope us old hippies have tried. Like I mentioned, alcohol & tobacco kill hundreds of thousands annually...while cannabis hasn't killed anything (except possibly a few old brain cells that people may have dropped outta their ears. LOL!)

I don't know about that. I can perform everyday functions high, including driving. (I don't advise) but I can do anything, I mean anything high with no problems.

I don't know about that. I can perform everyday functions high, including driving. (I don't advise) but I can do anything, I mean anything high with no problems.

Yeah I can, too.
But I think the point squidhead is trying to make is that we shouldn't. Familiy life is definetly more important if kids are involved, IMO.
Driving/working high is, although definetly possible, not something I would advise. Although I consider myself a better driver when high, just because I'm more at ease and keep a lower speed.
This is because there are other people on the road/at work. And if something happens to one of them, and you're involved (not plain in fault but just involved), then we have this urge in our society to look for consiousness-altering substances and we tend to blame the drug user. I don't appreciate this fact but it is what it is. When you drive a car on a public road, there's like this "contract". I don't have children (and I'm assuming you don't either) but I can imagine that if I did I would *never* drive high when they're in the car, and probably never again. This is because you have a responsibility at that point for another creature. I do believe we are all One and since everyone is connected, it would be foolish to be random in who we are protecting. The responsibility you have over your own children should be carried on to the rest of society.

Not that I want you to stop driving high, just don't blame "the system" when you get caught ;).

edit: OT: No. I do know someone who stopped because he didn't like how unmotivated it made him. But yeah, he just stopped, so.. :)

Yeah, one of my closest buddies who I had known since i was 2 years old.
He use to be like, my bob marley nigga but now man he's in the phyco ward.
and all he did was smoke weed.
everyday and nothing else, not even mdma.
but so did i and I'm fine, apart from my other drug issues.
guess weed isnt for everyone

A lot of people would believe that cannabis ruined my life. I think cannabis got me this far. I took a lot of other drugs and nothing changed my brain as much as a specific SSRI.

When I smoked all day every day I maintained a job and a 4.0 GPA. Even being high at work and school nobody ever knew. I can still smoke and seem normal as long as I'm not also drinking on top of it. I don't smoke regularly now, but I don't feel like it's affected me negatively. I just got sick of spending the $$$ and the risk of trouble.

Yeah I can, too.
But I think the point squidhead is trying to make is that we shouldn't. Familiy life is definetly more important if kids are involved, IMO.
Driving/working high is, although definetly possible, not something I would advise. Although I consider myself a better driver when high, just because I'm more at ease and keep a lower speed.
This is because there are other people on the road/at work. And if something happens to one of them, and you're involved (not plain in fault but just involved), then we have this urge in our society to look for consiousness-altering substances and we tend to blame the drug user. I don't appreciate this fact but it is what it is. When you drive a car on a public road, there's like this "contract". I don't have children (and I'm assuming you don't either) but I can imagine that if I did I would *never* drive high when they're in the car, and probably never again. This is because you have a responsibility at that point for another creature. I do believe we are all One and since everyone is connected, it would be foolish to be random in who we are protecting. The responsibility you have over your own children should be carried on to the rest of society.

Not that I want you to stop driving high, just don't blame "the system" when you get caught ;).

edit: OT: No. I do know someone who stopped because he didn't like how unmotivated it made him. But yeah, he just stopped, so.. :)

Thanks man...you understood what I meant. After toking for 44 yrs, I can handle just about anything while stoned. I just meant that sometimes it's better to hold-off on the toking until your day is done. Plus, imho, your families come 1st (I'm speaking as a father & not as 1 of the teenage kids). Don't be hot-boxing the living room when you have kids hanging out in there.

Cannabis ruined my life and gave me paranoid schizophrenia and sever anxiety, got me arrested and hospitalised. I am on meds to this day because of my previous cannabis addiction.

I will never understand some peoples' will-power...or lack thereof. How does anyone become addicted to weed? It's beyond my comprehension. If a person doesn't like the effects of weed, then I fully understand...but to say you became a weed addict? I find that very hard to believe...do you tear the room apart looking for resin? Crush stems to smoke?:?

I will never understand some peoples' will-power...or lack thereof. How does anyone become addicted to weed? It's beyond my comprehension. If a person doesn't like the effects of weed, then I fully understand...but to say you became a weed addict? I find that very hard to believe...do you tear the room apart looking for resin? Crush stems to smoke?:?

I am mentally addicted to weed no doubt. That said if I don't have any I may be prone to getting irritable & struggle to sleep for the first few nights but thats about it. Unfortunately some people can & do have issues with smoking bud but that is much like some people should not drink because alcohol does not agree with them. Cannabis is not physically addictive but can have deep psychological implants especially in long term smokers who started young.

Cannabis ruined my life and gave me paranoid schizophrenia and sever anxiety, got me arrested and hospitalised. I am on meds to this day because of my previous cannabis addiction.
I can kind of relate to this, maybe not to the extreme of your case, but weed definitely gave me severe social anxiety, even after 1-2 year after quitting smoking it.

I know some people who do it often and myself am one of them, although I don't mind whether or not we have some hits
There has been one friend though whom I know can NOT do weed or anything else

He's generally pretty hyper and a happy bloke but because of his asperges when he takes a hit he jumps around and says the DUMBEST things, not your typical philosophical stoner things but things like standing next to a chick and calling her a slut multiple times then yelling it as loud as he can at midnight so everyone can hear... Drinking is no better either.

Awesome guy when sober otherwise a bit wack

Please pm me burnout

yes, weed totally fucked me up physically and mentally and essentially ruined my life. it's been 2.5 years since i smoked and i am still suffering from residual affects. it's partially my fault of course for continuing to smoke even after i started to get negative affects but i also blame all those people and websites that say there are no permanent affects and once you stop everything goes back to normal because if i had known i wouldn't go back to normal, i never would have continued to smoke.

physically weed caused me the following problems:

- postural orthostatic hypotension
- gastritis
- lung damage

mentally it caused me the following the problems:

- anxiety
- paranoia
- panic attacks
- constant burnt out/perma-fried feeling
- head pressure
- subtle cognitive and memory impairments

these are just the lasting problems, i won't even get into the problems it caused while i was addicted. i'd just like to know if anyone else has experienced symptoms like these even after quitting weed? most specifically, i'd like to know if anyone else has experienced gastritis (or stomach problems in general) because while most of the things i listed seem fairly common among marijuana addicts, most other addicts i've talked to didn't get the gastritis.

anyway, the idea that this drug is harmless needs to be thrown out the nearest window. it did far more damage to me than all other drugs combined. sure, it's safe for most people when used occasionally, but when used heavily, its has the potential to really screw you up just like any other drug.

Please pm me

Whenever I get high I get super self conscious, even more than normal. And paranoid about people judging every movement of my body. Don't smoke anymore, but will be trying ab Fubinaca tonight.

Induced psychosis to a close friend of mine who i pretty much jump started his stoner life. Saddest thing I've ever seen. Imagine talking to a wall...