• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Has weed fucked you/anyone you know up?

To the OP,

It seems like you are a pretty self indulgent person. I know you will take that as an insult, and you should. I also know what it's like to be self indulgent, and I can say that that type of personality is one that never produced favorable results in my life. Maybe later you will come to and understanding as to why your "semi homophobic" parents are the way that they are. And maybe later you will come to an understanding that THC does nothing but increase the firing of neurons in your brain. And maybe later you will come to understand that you can blame nothing, not a plant or a person, or a group of people, for what you consciously chose to continue doing. And when you quit smoking the ganja, the maybe later's become distant and the reality of it all sets in as if you were someday going to die.

Of course had the usual effects, made me lazy and less active physically. It really damaged my social life. Especially after I moved out of my home town. When I was still living with my parents it actually helped me make friends, gave me an excuse to hang out with people who normally wouldn't associate with me and the like. But after I moved I found myself sitting inside by myself more and more. I was increasingly apprehensive about approaching people even when it had nothing to do with weed. I could barely speak to people outside of my comfort zone and couldn't even manage this enough to find a job. Ironically enough, the end result was me running out of money to buy even food, and then when I was smoking weed one night I fell asleep with a roach still burning and lit my house on fire. I lost pretty much everything seeing as how I didn't have insurance. In the two months since then, given that i've had a fair amount of help from my parents, i've moved into an apartment complex for college students (kinda like off campus dorms) and started my freshman year of college that I estimated would be 2-3 years away when I still living on my own. I still smoke but I haven't touched actual ganja since this incident. I've been using synthetic cannabanoids to work on my "withdrawal" so to speak and just to keep me entertained on the days I don't have school. I've already improved both mentally/physically/socially since I quit but at the same time i don't intend to stop. I just plan on moderating my use a lot more in the future. I blame myself more than anything for letting my smoking get as out of hand as it was.

To the OP,

It seems like you are a pretty self indulgent person. I know you will take that as an insult, and you should. I also know what it's like to be self indulgent, and I can say that that type of personality is one that never produced favorable results in my life. Maybe later you will come to and understanding as to why your "semi homophobic" parents are the way that they are. And maybe later you will come to an understanding that THC does nothing but increase the firing of neurons in your brain. And maybe later you will come to understand that you can blame nothing, not a plant or a person, or a group of people, for what you consciously chose to continue doing. And when you quit smoking the ganja, the maybe later's become distant and the reality of it all sets in as if you were someday going to die.

Good lord dude...you want the OP to just 'off' himself after reading this? 1 of the most depressing posts I've read in a cannabis atmosphere. :(

Of course had the usual effects, made me lazy and less active physically. It really damaged my social life. Especially after I moved out of my home town. When I was still living with my parents it actually helped me make friends, gave me an excuse to hang out with people who normally wouldn't associate with me and the like. But after I moved I found myself sitting inside by myself more and more. I was increasingly apprehensive about approaching people even when it had nothing to do with weed. I could barely speak to people outside of my comfort zone and couldn't even manage this enough to find a job. Ironically enough, the end result was me running out of money to buy even food, and then when I was smoking weed one night I fell asleep with a roach still burning and lit my house on fire. I lost pretty much everything seeing as how I didn't have insurance. In the two months since then, given that i've had a fair amount of help from my parents, i've moved into an apartment complex for college students (kinda like off campus dorms) and started my freshman year of college that I estimated would be 2-3 years away when I still living on my own. I still smoke but I haven't touched actual ganja since this incident. I've been using synthetic cannabanoids to work on myI "withdrawal" so to speak and just to keep me entertained on the days I don't have school. I've already improved both mentally/physically/socially since I quit but at the same time i don't intend to stop. I just plan on moderating my use a lot more in the future. I blame myself more than anything for letting my smoking get as out of hand as it was.

Sorry to hear about your apartment, dude. It's great that you've taken a break from actual cannabis, but be careful, synthetic cannabis is far worse for you, tons of side effects. Not to mention real withdrawals, as oppose to just psychological withdrawals from real cannabis.

Good lord dude...you want the OP to just 'off' himself after reading this? 1 of the most depressing posts I've read in a cannabis atmosphere. :(

"Off" Himself"?! There were many times in my life where I would wait for someone to tell me to stop doing something before I would actually stop it. I wish, in retrospect, that it came from some rando off the street, not from my rents or friends or teachers, so that I would not be biased in analyzing what it was they were telling me. The intention of my post was to be a wake up call, and now I'm depressed that you inferred suicide from it!! Many intellectuals focus there energies on the topic of death, not because they are close to it, or want it, but because they want to die with as little regret as possible, to make the fullest of this life and to find beauty around every corner here at Heaven on Earth.

If OP is so disabled that destroying the great monument that trillions upon trillions upon trillions of cells worked tirelessly to uphold, then by all means maybe Earth isn't the place for him. However, the OP isn't so disabled, right? He's got legs, hands, breath, language, a computer, and the internet right? That's more than any of our ancestors and their ancestors have at the present moment, more than nutritionally deficient, or beaten, or raped, or poverty stricken men, women, and children and yet he himself did not provide any indication that such a beautiful herb, when smoked regularly, would not fuck those who had partaken. Yes he is asking a question, but I assume that he knows more stoners than the 2-3 he mentioned at first post.

Last edited:
"Off" Himself"?! There were many times in my life where I would wait for someone to tell me to stop doing something before I would actually stop it. I wish, in retrospect, that it came from some rando off the street, not from my rents or friends or teachers, so that I would not be biased in analyzing what it was they were telling me. The intention of my post was to be a wake up call, and now I'm depressed that you inferred suicide from it!! Many intellectuals focus there energies on the topic of death, not because they are close to it, or want it, but because they want to die with as little regret as possible, to make the fullest of this life and to find beauty around every corner here at Heaven on Earth.

If OP is so disabled that destroying the great monument that trillions upon trillions upon trillions of cells worked tirelessly to uphold, then by all means maybe Earth isn't the place for him. However, the OP isn't so disabled, right? He's got legs, hands, breath, language, a computer, and the internet right? That's more than any of our ancestors and their ancestors have at the present moment, more than nutritionally deficient, or beaten, or raped, or poverty stricken men, women, and children and yet he himself did not provide any indication that such a beautiful herb, when smoked regularly, would not fuck those who partook up. Yes he is asking a question, but I assume that he knows more stoners than the 2-3 he mentioned at first post.

That's deep, man. I need to get ripped now, so have a nice evening...or morning (depending on your location)!! =D

I used to be a very heavy weed smoker and have recently laid off. Near the end of my heavy smoking i realized that i had become quite severely depressed and unhappy with myself. I wouldn't blame weed for this, but i think for certain people it can really kill motivation and send you into a tailspin of inactivity. I kind of just stopped caring about anything, which depressed me. I laid off the bud and am feeling much better these days. Still smoke on weekends, but I have a rule against smoking during the week.

I have a friend who has aspergers and he may be the only true "weed addict" that i know. he can't have more than $5 on him at any time or he'll spend all his money on weed and smoke constantly until he's out. I've caught him several times trying to scam me, a friend, out of money so that he could support his habit. Even so, i think his addiction is a product of his existing condition, not of the inherent effects of weed.

I used to have a friend who claimed she was addicted to weed and it was messing up her life. She checked into a private (Christian and unscientific) rehab centre where they fed her delusions about this. I told her many times that I felt she was bipolar and that she had no self-control, but she didn't really care what I had to say in the end. It got to the point where every time I met up with her she would demand to know if I had weed on me, and if so we couldn't hang out. They really made her drink the kool-aid I guess.

I don't believe that weed does long-term damage. All the effects like slowing down your cognitive processes, ruining memory, laziness, etc. seem to wear off when I take a break from smoking. If you're smoking grams and grams every day then you really have bigger issues than just the pot, but other than some lung damage I think I am okay.

If anything is "permanent" about me from smoking weed it has been my desire to experience magic in life and to let go of what doesn't really matter. Weed provides you with a mirror and if you're getting crazy anxiety or delusions while you're high then those problems are pre-existant.

I really don't buy into the idea of weed addiction. It's habit forming for sure, and in almost every person I've met who just can't seem to stop, they are constantly fighting boredom, self-isolation, or they hate their life as is so they smoke to have a nice escape at the end of the day. Nothing wrong with that, but my point is that their life is the problem and they're just afraid to change it.

At times, during periods where I would use it in combination with adderall or cocaine (depending on how much money i was making) daily which was definitely giving me some psychotic symptoms, mainly because of the coke/adderall, the weed exacerbating the negative effects from the stimulants due to both drugs taken several times a day in conjunction with each other. Those periods were the times when weed was fucking me up real bad, and the amps and coke were making it ten times worse, and started giving me wild mood swings and making me really angry and paranoid and arrogant. Since then, I think I've learned how to make weed do nothing but help me, as my usage of it is not daily, nor combined with a hefty speed or coke habit pushing the weed in the wrong direction. However, I know some old potheads who couldn't live without it and get quite immature and childish whenever asked to discuss their use and whether they have plans to discontinue their use, and often times they will burn bridges with people who simply are concerned for them. I love it, it's my favorite drug, but I could take it or leave it, if I had to stop using it it wouldn't be a problem. Its addictive as fuck IME so I have to be careful not to get into the habit of being perma-stoned wherever I go. For some people, being baked all day works for them and they can handle, but for me, it's counter productive when used in that manner.

Dude, cannabis gave me motivation, understanding, and is the only adequate treatment of generalized anxiety disorder that I have ever experienced (and I have experienced quite a bit)

I think so called cannabis addiction is really a lack of control in a person, but since cannabinoids doesn't activate your dopamine reward system (at least not significantly like amphetamines or nicotine or doughnuts) I doubt that even rumored psychological addiction is anything more than someone being a big baby.

Dude, cannabis gave me motivation, understanding, and is the only adequate treatment of generalized anxiety disorder that I have ever experienced (and I have experienced quite a bit)

I think so called cannabis addiction is really a lack of control in a person, but since cannabinoids doesn't activate your dopamine reward system (at least not significantly like amphetamines or nicotine or doughnuts) I doubt that even rumored psychological addiction is anything more than someone being a big baby.

Oh man...are we ever on the same page!!...thank goodness!!

Yea im addicted to weed...im not a 'fiend' but if i go without it i have trouble sleeping and eating....and when i do sleep i have trippy dreams becauese when i smoke i never remember dreams...

WAIT! no its a HABITUATION not an addiction. Just a bad habit like cigarettes and nail biting etc..

Compared to hard drug addiction weed addiction is relatively benign...sure i sold my ps2 back in the day to buy weed but you know what? i have 2 ps3's.

People i know on dope would sell everything in their house

Hey guys it was me that originally made this thread. I was very very depressed and a wreck when I made it so long ago. I haven't smoked weed or done any other psychedelics in about 4 years now and am much much much better, am very confident and socially capable again so it is possible to get better, but it does also take time. Hope you're all well. xxxxx

Yea im addicted to weed...im not a 'fiend' but if i go without it i have trouble sleeping and eating....and when i do sleep i have trippy dreams becauese when i smoke i never remember dreams...

WAIT! no its a HABITUATION not an addiction. Just a bad habit like cigarettes and nail biting etc..

Compared to hard drug addiction weed addiction is relatively benign...sure i sold my ps2 back in the day to buy weed but you know what? i have 2 ps3's.

People i know on dope would sell everything in their house

um cigs are definitely an addiction dude. Take a pack-a-day smokers cigs away from him for a day and watch him go postal

and I sold my PS2 for weed too lol

As much as i loved weed if you are smoking high grade stuff daily it will definitely affect you negatively in one way or another. Being sluggish is the main one, and for some being anxious and socially retarded is inevitable. Honestly the people who are flat out saying no are the ones defending their drug of choice. Can't blame them though, it's only natural as a human to be defensive when it suites them.

Fuck people who say weed is harmless. Don't get me wrong, I smoke like every other day but I'm not that naïve to think that weed is harmless and 'a gift from god'. People who praise that just piss me off. I used to be stoned all the time and after I quit I noticed how much clearer I could think. I just feel like you're in a haze when you're stoned all the time..

I've seen so many people change (for the worst) because of weed, I seriously cannot stand how someone could ever say that weed is harmless.

Weed is harmless...:\

Your like super immature for a 50 year old or (I forget) how old you claim to be.

Can't we all just agree that weed effects everyone differently but for the (most part) chronically smoking strong weed daily is going to have an impact on your brain whether you'd like to believe it or not. And squidhead notice how I say "most people" not all.

Your like one of the really lucky ones. I wish I was you.

Every drug has an equal and opposite affect. Weed contains 100x more THC than it did back in the day when they claimed it was harmless. Think about it, smoke weed and it artificially relaxes you. If you get artificially relaxed every day what do you think will happen to your brain that thinks it no longer needs to produce a natural neurotransmitter because of this THC it gets every day. I'll tell you what happens, your brain can't relax on it's own and the opposite of relaxation is anxiousness. And i did get anxious and paranoid for a while, to a point where i became anti-social.

I've slowed down on my weed intake tremendously over the last year or 2 and my anxiety issues are finally starting to subside. Jesus did say "everything in moderation" and he was right. I do it maybe one weekend out of a month(if that much) and alot of my problems have faded. For a while there i thought it'd turned me into a schizo but i was wrong, it just vividly showed me to myself and it seems i'd forgotten who i was. Weed does have very therapeutic affects and it's very good for your psyche, however in chronic use i believe it can be very bad for brain chemistry in some people. It affects everybody differently!

Besides paranoia and anxiety i can't pinpoint my other mental problems on weed, it wouldn't be fair. It may be the cause of having me question my sexuality - this one doesn't have to be a negative effect though, weed does reveal you to yourself and i wasn't prepared for that, after i read a few books on psychoanalysis, weed started revealing my different levels of my psyche to me and the books did in fact say that everybody is bisexual lol... I think i'm a bit more comfortable with that issue now. My social and emotional issues may stem from abuse of MDMA. My memory problems have gotten worse but i think i always had this weekness of bad short term memory/attention issues which may or may not have come from ADD (depending on whether or not u believe in the illness). Hell my paranoia may actually stem from psychedelics, who knows. Most of these issues have calmed down and receded since i've stopped using and i think it's safe to say i could ease back into mild drug use every now and then.

Last edited:
Your like super immature for a 50 year old or (I forget) how old you claim to be.

Can't we all just agree that weed effects everyone differently but for the (most part) chronically smoking strong weed daily is going to have an impact on your brain whether you'd like to believe it or not. And squidhead notice how I say "most people" not all.

Your like one of the really lucky ones. I wish I was you.

Thanks man, but ya gotta lighten up, dude...I'm just kidding. Of course it can be harmful...everything can. :\