• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Has weed fucked you/anyone you know up?

Stoners tend to pull up the "weed never killed anyone!
Tell me about that. OH GOD. How many times I heard that, not mentioning seeing it on the internet. If anything it only shows how incredibly stupid weed makes you after years of everyday smoking; as that's the only serious argument they have on their side. Weed is completely non toxic.

I completely agree with you, if you compare alcoholic with heavy stoner, alcoholic will probably be in worse physical condition (ALTHOUGH.. since weed completely kills motivation to do anything, you don't exactly see muscular fit stoners eating healthy either!) while the stoner will be so slow and apathetic its scary.

I posted about my weed use several times on these forums, don't wanna repeat myself, let's just say weed didn't completely ruin my life but it did take A LOT of it. And mostly when I was 17-20 years old - the fucking best years of anyones life. I won't get those back.

Taken from the notes of a friend:

When I was 12 I started smoking. It was great the first few times (like the scene on "Half-Baked" where the kids do it for the first time). A few times later something in my head clicked, and I had a really hellishly bad trip on just a single fatty smoked between 3 ppl. They said they just got a buzz. I was so stoned and in such a negative way. My face turned pail white, I was cold as an icecycle, I eventually ended up spewing on my friends floor. Since then I have tried to smoke weed every now and then. Drunk it's usually ok, sober it brings out alot of negative feelings.

It seems to me that I had some kind of extreem psychological/spiritual(?) upheaval. I learned that I really enjoy some other drugs, namely 2c's. But weed is not for me.

Further, i believe from my experience that alot of people attribute chronic drug use with issues that often occur as a normal recourse to aging, improper liveing, and just life in genneral. After my minor experiences with weed I mostly left drugs alone, only occasionally experimenting with anything besides alchol. I'm still anxious, anti social, and my health is not what it use to be in my teenage years. If I did use drugs often I might attribute these things to that factor. But I realize these problems have just happened to me, there is no single reason why.

Also someone else I know was nearly brain dead due to all the ex pills he ate, he sobered up and returned back to almost completely normal. He now body builds, and takes care of himself, and his brain is definately not dead.

It is true that everyone reacts to every drug differently. Mj might make one person dumber, it might help another focus and think better. It might make one nervous, it might calm another. If anything, as mild a halucinogen as it is, it seems to be probably the most diverse in it's effects compared to any other drug (I believe anyway). Think about just how many psychoactive chemicals are in the plant that we know about so far...

Last edited:
Chee$e, have you ever considered that as the years went by and you continued smoking pot that you just didn't get any smarter or more aware. Maybe you just aren't all there. I know people who waste a lot of time and fuck up relationships because of weed, I have never met anyone who says that weed. My memory is not fried and I have been at this obviously longer than you and much heavier. my vocabulary and recall for vocabulary is ten fold better than when I started smoking. I feel quite the opposite of fried. What kind of food do you eat man. People like to blame their vices instead of their personal choices with health.

I know a lot of people that ate like shit for a long time (I am included, mcdonalds twice a week) and when they realized it wasn't the liquor or pot doing it to them, they started eating healthy, some cut meat entirely (me) some became vegan, some just started being wiser with what they do on a daily basis. I can promise you that all these people (even myself) sound like goofy yuppies that you see on jennie craig commercials... I didn't lose any weight. I have always been ok in that area, I just feel better, I wake up faster in the mornings and have more energy all day, I don't feel like a burnout anymore and all I did was stop eating meat. For a while I thought that maybe I was slightly allergic to tobacco smoke. I was just to blind to see that the low grade fuel that I gave my body everyday made me a groggy mess... Not the pot.

Everyone is different so I may be dead wrong. I am a pot activist but I am not like most of them. I understand what you are saying but, my mother is a nurse, I just spoke to her about this matter. She drinks and smokes equally. Really no bias there. I do not drink. She said that you guys would be surprised how many old people she takes care of on a daily basis that don't know their children's names or what country they were born in... Because of alcohol. You probably don't hear about it as much as drunk driving deaths, but there are thousands of people that shit themselves daily not because liquor pickled their insides but because they are completely senile and mentally incapable because of their alcohol abuse. These people are as young as 65 years old and they don't know who the fuck they are! I can safely say that in the many MANY years that my mother has done this and known all of these patients, none of them were cannabis users that she knows of.

Weed has indeed greatly--and perhaps permanently--altered my life. One night I smoked a couple bowls (during a traumatic period in my life with emotional/some physical abuse). The following day at lunch I slipped into a trance-like state; I felt unreal, my environment was strange. After research I found I had developed a depersonalization/derealization disorder. This happened two years ago and persists to this day (although I am used to the altered perception). It has been a strange period in my life.

Yeah people dont realize that when I argue that weed is worse. I dont mean that weed is ever going to kill you. Stoners tend to pull up the "weed never killed anyone! argument when I am trying to make my point. But that is not at all what I was trying to get at, I KNOW WEED IS PHYSICALLY LESS TOXIC TO THE BODY THAN ALCOHOL.

Even science agrees with this.

However, in terms of the mental effects THC does to the brain, in comparison to alcohol, it is like 10x WORSE. Weed is extremely insidious and alters the brain chemistry way more than alcohol does. I must agree though that alcohol tastes like shit and I dont enjoy the effects, a weed high is like 10x more enjoyable for me which is why I barely drink.

But I have to come to accept the sad fact that Cannabis is way more detrimental to your brain (not body) than alcohol is. I learned this through experience and observation. My memory is fried even from just using it 1-3 times a week for 6 months, and I am anxious and scared to sometimes smoke stronger strains now, my friends think I am pussy for it and I feel bad for not being able to enjoy stronger more awesome types of weed strains, but risking a panic attack or derealization is not something I want to risk right now. I never have this pre intoxication fear with alcohol, I just jump right into it.

This is so true. It is amazing how much people are in denial about weed and think that alcohol is so much worse.

I mean, in one sense it's completely true that alcoohl is so much worse because alcohol kills MILLIONS of people. Weed probably only kills a handful of people who can't drive well stoned or possibly contract some kind of lung disease from smoking it. So we are talking about millions of deaths vs a small handful. No comparison, right? Again, in one sense, yes. However, many people tend to draw hugely erronous conclusions from these facts. For instance, they'll think that if you have a joint in front of you and a six pack, the joint is always going to be the safer choice. That is not necessarily true. Weed may not KILL you but it can do a lot of things to your mind that alcohol simply won't.

In my experience, and of most stoners around me, weed is of great benefit during the honeymoon phase, the first year of smoking daily.

Then comes Stage 2, the "I was gonna clean my room, but then I got high" phase; still very fun, but starting to negatively affect your life.

Stage 3 (5+ years of daily use): burning out, start smoking heavily to counteract living a now mediocre life caused by getting high instead of facing your life problems head on.

Stage 4 (7-8 years of daily use), anxiety and paranoia.

Luckily I only got to end Stage 2/early Stage 3, but some aren't so lucky. It affects some people's lives so negatively, and yet they keep smoking daily.

I've only met a single person who moved here from out of state that has had great benefit from weed, and that's awesome for him, but it's certainly not for everyone.

I still love it so much, so I don't know how I'll be able to enjoy it occasionally without saying "fuck it" and start smoking daily again.

Note: This is with top-shelf California weed, which is basically almost as strong as hash to smokers living in non-medical states (their "top shelf" is about as strong as what our dispensaries keep on the bottom/mid-shelf). Everyone here wants to smoke the best of the best, in mass quantities like Chee$e mentioned, and it's causing a lot of problems for teenagers, for real.

Last edited:
That's a decent model you have there for a typical weed abuser, I'm for sure stage 4 lol. I would also add that the cravings worsen as time goes on, and I am finding myself smoking an ounce per week now and it's not even enough. It's never enough.

It's changed so much now that I've been addicted for a while. I never got cravings until a few years in. When I first started smoking, I never ever thought I would end up this way, I didn't know it was possible. I wish I would have known, I wish there was an older guy like me who maybe could have smartened my teenaged self up a bit, because I've missed out on so much cause of this shit and I have depression due to regrets now.

I've done everything to counter these negative effects - I eat very healthy, no fast food and tons of veggies and lean meat, I don't skip meals. I exercise daily too and I'm in very good shape. I exercise my mind a lot. Weed doesn't make me physically lazy like a lot of people, but it turns me into a dumbass, and I don't even care or notice because I'm off in my psychedelic world of spirituality where it is easy to justify my use, since life is a dream, nothing is real and I smile when I'm stoned. I actually got really into working out and healthy eating because they were things my dumbed down memory-destroyed brain could do, as opposed to reading a book and forgetting everything I just learned after. And I was doing everything I could for my body to see if I could keep burning without the side effects, I was rarely drinking or doing other drugs. These cognitive deficits weed produces in me are undeniable as I notice I am much smarter as time goes on and I stay off it, and my memory is much, much better. It's awesome when I'm off it for a bit and I can start fully making use of my brainpower, it's a great feeling.

Yeah that's a great model you found! I'd say I'm the 3rd stage going into the 4th..
I hate how weed has made me feel so stupid and has given me a poor memory. Sometimes it makes me really paranoid and uncomfortable, even when I'm with mates and I have to be by myself for a bit. It's great in so many ways, and there is nothing better than having a nice spliff with friends after a long day of work. But man.. being monged out, finding it hard to communicate with others, finding it hard to pronounce simple words and finish sentences is very annoying, especially whilst being at uni.
I just need to learn moderation but everyone I live with/ know smoke everyday, it's all life is about for a lot of my friends.. Maybe time to get some new ones lol.
Oh how I love and hate mary jane!

Last edited:
I've only met a single person who moved here from out of state that has had great benefit from weed, and that's awesome for him, but it's certainly not for everyone.

I am one of these type of people who never got negative effects from weed.

I would rent out my CB-1 receptors if I could. =D

It's such a complicated high, not everyone who uses it all the time will end up like this. It's more common than you might think though.

It's good to know we're definately not alone here, this stuff fucks plenty of people up. I was stoned every minute of uni, which in hindsight was not the wisest of choices. Oh, how I wish I had just stuck with the mushrooms! At least I didn't drop out, it didn't mess my grades up enough for that. Just my social skills and ability to be happy.

I got an advanced degree while baked, which is just one of the things I can use to justify my bad habit. Plus I run 10k's like a deer and I am muscular. All this and I'm one of the shyest, most self conscious and timid guys you'll ever come across, when I'm hard on this drug.

It's totally a love/hate relationship - one of the best things you can do is take a step back, a step away from all your stoner friends who love and cherish the herb and all the stoner tunes and the supposed lifestyle of peace and love and ask yourself "why do I burn if it makes me stupid? Why do I pollute my lungs and brain all day every day?" Chances are it's because of your peers - you're only friends with potheads - or because you're addicted and brainwashed to give drug dealers money.

Life without weed might seem like an impossibility for a stage 3 or 4, and let's face it, how many burnouts do you know actually man up and quit? It's really, really hard for me to stop now. I would say that where I'm at right now, most people never leave. I have friends who quit cigs, but they can't quit dope. I've been out though, I was free last fall. I went back but this time I know better. I shall prevail this time around.

I have never gotten any negative side effects from weed. It actually has even made my life better to be honest. Also no I'm not a "omg weed! Weed 420 4evaaar!! Stoners for lyfe! Weed is amazing and natural" type of person but in all actuality it has been nothing but positive for me.

In my experience, and of most stoners around me, weed is of great benefit during the honeymoon phase, the first year of smoking daily.

Then comes Stage 2, the "I was gonna clean my room, but then I got high" phase; still very fun, but starting to negatively affect your life.

Stage 3 (5+ years of daily use): burning out, start smoking heavily to counteract living a now mediocre life caused by getting high instead of facing your life problems head on.

Luckily I only got to end Stage 2/early Stage 3, but some aren't so lucky. It affects some people's lives so negatively, and yet they keep smoking daily.

I still love it so much, so I don't know how I'll be able to enjoy it occasionally without saying "fuck it" and start smoking daily again.

Note: This is with top-shelf California weed, which is basically almost as strong as hash to smokers living in non-medical states (their "top shelf" is about as strong as what our dispensaries keep on the bottom/mid-shelf). Everyone here wants to smoke the best of the best, in mass quantities like Chee$e mentioned, and it's causing a lot of problems for teenagers, for real.

I agree with everything you said but sometimes weed can even alter you "over night" as some people keep saying this is impossible, but believe me it can.

I am from California as well and have smoked the weed in other countries/states and the stuff we have here (top shelf, all star strains) in the dispensaries test at 25 plus THC levels.

I was changed overnight one time from one hit of California medical weed, I smoked one hit of a strain called Space Haze grown in Northern California, like a THC level of 25% and I did not smoke for two weeks after that. I felt fine and normal. Then suddenly, boom out of no where and not smoking, about on the 14th day my mind snapped into a derealization type trance phase.

I was derealized for nearly 7 months and thought about suicide many times. I did not smoke one time in those 7 months in hopes that I would heal.

Guess what I did when my mind finally healed?

I started smoking weed once a week again (not as strong thc levels but strong nonetheless, I try to stick to the weaker stuff now) but I really dont know why I keep risking my health and smoking this shit.

Anything in a large amounts becomes bad, no matter how good it is for you. Life and everything in it is all about balance and moderation.

Hey just wanted to give an update and say wow, a break really does help. I haven't had a spliff in a week and feel so much better. I'm going to not smoke for a couple more weeks then just smoke in moderation. :)

Marijuana essentially ruined my life for 7 months back when I was in high school and I developed derealization from it. I couldn't think or remember anything for those months, I didn't even smoke or drink in those months either. It was the summer before my senior year and I was supposed to be having fun but instead it felt like I was living in a "haze" or a "fog". I was popping vitamin tablets such as fish oil and B vitamins in hopes that my brain would return to normal.

That period of my life made me very religous as in those months I was pleading for God to make me normal like I was before I smoked Marijuana. About 5 months in, I had felt no change and I essentially gave up on life and even thought about suicide many times. It made me really depressed that I did not feel one bit better after remaining sober for 5 months. Eventually, at the 7 month mark it slowly faded off on its own and I grasped reality again.

Something similar has happened to me recently from smoking and I have decided I am done for good. I threw my pipe, and my medical marijuana recommendation into the ocean today. I am done with this so called "harmless" herb. If I had to go back and do it all over again I would never have touched weed in my youth. It affected me the most negatively out of everything I have tried, from alcohol, to cocaine, to cigarettes to Middle Eastern herb form of stimulant name Kaat.

Marijuana absolutely fucked me up the most. I try to warn my close friends about it who have essentially become human vegetables due to pot but they lash out on the harmless, NORML bullshit propaganda that is spread about it.

The problem with the Marijuana culture is not necessarily the drug itself, but rather the false media that is spread about it. Organizations like NORML are the cause of this problem as they hail Marijuana as a miraculous herb that does not alter your brain chemistry at all, when indeed it does, sometimes even permanently.

I hate it so much its not even funny. I am all for the true medical use of Marijuana for people who have legit serious ailments and prescription drugs are not working, but in terms of recreational use, I am absolutely against it for what it has done to me and my friends. I have known several heavy drinkers, alcoholics throughout my life and although they do possess undesirable qualities when they are intoxicated, they are not nearly as fucked up as the stoners I have met.

I will never smoke marijuana again in my life. I don't how the drug attained so much popularity in the first place with such a spiral of unpredictable and crazy side effects when used chronically. It is also the only drug that I used in MODERATION (once a week at most) that still fucked me up!

No, it really hasn't, and I've been smoking nearly everyday for years. The only thing it has fucked up is my wallet.

Been tokin for 43 years & have NEVER had any negative effect.

I am one of these type of people who never got negative effects from weed.

Same here, Captain!!

I have never gotten any negative side effects from weed. It actually has even made my life better to be honest. Also no I'm not a "omg weed! Weed 420 4evaaar!! Stoners for lyfe! Weed is amazing and natural" type of person but in all actuality it has been nothing but positive for me.

My tolerance has gone backwards from when I 1st started in 1969. We used to toke all day & evening back in the 70s/80s...Colombian Red Bud. Back then, the best weed was the imported weed. Hardly anyone grew their own because the prices were still reasonable. Went from $15/lid (which was close to an oz) to $40/oz in the 80s. Nobody wanted to toke 'domestic' weed. Then the growers stepped-up & turned domestic weed into the best around. Weed used to have to travel thousands of miles to get to the USA & it was only $15-$40/oz. Now, weed only has to go across the street (from an experienced grower) & it's like $250-$300/oz. Makes no sense...but I digress...I have never had any bad experiences from tokin weed. I toke daily since 1969. Had to have emergency gall-bladder surgery last Sept 2011 & had to stop my doobage for 2-3 weeks. Didn't bother me in the least. Now, I only toke in the evening & 3-4 hits is all I need. My tolerance has decreased. I used to toke 4-5 times as much as I do now. I don't need to...the weed that my grower pals send me is powerful as hell.
Now, I'm retired at age 57...live in a 2600 sq ft, $300,000 home (bought & paid for) in a retirement/golf community. Wife of 25 yrs & a 21 yr old son, who happens to be my best friend as well (he doesn't smoke, toke, or drink!). Weed hasn't interfered with my career, my family life, or my ability to concentrate on anything. It sure as shit beats booze, which I quit 9 yrs ago, after 25+ yrs of a 12-pack nightly. I also quit cigs 5 yrs ago, after smoking for 40 yrs. Weed is my only relaxation substance & will be until I die. Toke 'til ya croak!!:\

Last edited:

and yet they keep smoking daily.

yea, weed was great the first year.
its progressed to something i have to do, and abuse :\

and obviously those years can easily be months for smokers with the availability.

I think the extent to which it has fucked me up is simply my memory. I've always had an INCREDIBLE long-term memory, I could remember the most random things from years before, but my short-term has never been any good. Even worse now, though not by much.