• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Has Anyone had a completely horrible trip on dmt/changa?

Er... a tasteless joke I fear... flyspray. And disinfectant - trichlorophenol, yuk! Sorry. Both are very cheap and legal, but no recreational potential I fear, unless infested with flies and mosquitos at festivals, then falling over and grazing a limb. I agree, it IS bizarre - 'talking to the dead' often is, and still seems weird, even though I've done it? Even so, I absolutely assure you it can happen, and all I said is true. I'm quite comfortable with 'bizarre' luckily, which is one reason I must try DMT and its relatives.

I realise this post is highly controversial, and mentioning that I am a medium and spiritualist is perhaps like coming out as gay to my Telegraph reading father, at age 15. Something I never did of course, for I am still alive! And straight... ahem! I absolutely understand, respect and empathise with the many people who will no doubt regard this claim as nonsense, as I did myself for 40 odd years, even after it happened. And still sometimes have doubts... it just makes no sense? All I can say that 'making no sense' does not always mean that something patently ridiculous can't or doesn't happen however - the 'War On Drugs' for example? I also realise that mention of such a phenomena on a 'drugs site' is doubly 'dangerous' - but so be it. Perhaps the best I can say is to look at the way anyone seeing a UFO seems to be instantly accused of drunkenness, as if a beer or two can produce dramatic hallucinations. I've seen them sober and drunk, and they were exactly the same!

Oh well, the grave is dug... let's see how soon it gets flled? Cheers and Happy Easter... at least, have better one than Jesus did....?

nishith,

O, you'll get better. I think the psychedelic amplified that stress you were experiencing earlier this season. When psychedelics influence your cognitive processing your thoughts and emotions sometimes seem disconnected and strange (aka entities). I think you were reliving the stress that you have recently experienced. I'm not saying you were worried about nothing. I have had similar experiences on rare occasions. In the end things are better.

Out of curiosity what happened after your experience? Do you feel sweeter and more relaxed?

During times that are shattered I (a schizophrenic) benefit from reducing new activities and reducing the number of activities I participate in. So, enjoy familiar activities. Getting in the grove takes awhile. After I get started playing an old video game ROM things smooth out. You should probably consider visiting a psychologist. At the least, you know, do not do drugs. You wouldn't want to run uphill.

for what youve describe, it was not a breakthrough.
when you breakthrough, there no place for fear as yourself dissolve, you are taken by the experience and most likely, that anxiety is the least of your concern. its just so amazing that of course theres fear, but also many other feelings.
sub breakthrough dose are much more anxiety ridden and gives place for interpretation which can lead easily to scary visions.

Last edited:
I once vaped some DMT and it caused me to have an asthma attack - a truly terrifying experience , gasping and suffocating while tripping out of gourd .....
[ have not done DMT since ]

Be careful if you are a long term smoker or asthmatic - seriously frightening ...

nishith,

O, you'll get better. I think the psychedelic amplified that stress you were experiencing earlier this season. When psychedelics influence your cognitive processing your thoughts and emotions sometimes seem disconnected and strange (aka entities). I think you were reliving the stress that you have recently experienced. I'm not saying you were worried about nothing. I have had similar experiences on rare occasions. In the end things are better.

Out of curiosity what happened after your experience? Do you feel sweeter and more relaxed?

During times that are shattered I (a schizophrenic) benefit from reducing new activities and reducing the number of activities I participate in. So, enjoy familiar activities. Getting in the grove takes awhile. After I get started playing an old video game ROM things smooth out. You should probably consider visiting a psychologist. At the least, you know, do not do drugs. You wouldn't want to run uphill.

thank you, drugs like cannabis and lsd made me totally crazy and schizophrenic when i did not used to have any problems at all. and Saliva was worse than any. Things aren't getting better, i feel like i am in hell and destined to go someplace horrible when i die; like, my heart is dead is frozen shut solid with fear and my brain de-evolved and its scarier than anything i wish GOD saved me from letting this happen.

i guess on a positive note, i feel like the dmt in the changa switched higher parts of my brain on - i can actually sit to meditate now. But my heart is still stuck in terror.

for what youve describe, it was not a breakthrough.
when you breakthrough, there no place for fear as yourself dissolve, you are taken by the experience and most likely, that anxiety is the least of your concern. its just so amazing that of course theres fear, but also many other feelings.
sub breakthrough dose are much more anxiety ridden and gives place for interpretation which can lead easily to scary visions.

i smoked 100 mg of 50% changa in ONE HIT from a bong; so that's 50 mg of DMT which is most certainly enough for a break thru. But maybe i didn't break thru; i really think it was too much for me. I think i would have actually BENEFITED from the experience if i had only smoked 15-20 mg of this changa instead of 100. Now i wish i hadn't thrown it out.
i hear voices that say "your going to hell" to me all the time, and ever worse things. I really want to go to the amazon and stay with a curandero like i planned to for 3 months, they say they can help me and get rid of the demons and get a spiritual rebirth. I truly feel like i don't have a soul anymore and its scary

I understand and know that feeling.

I suggest for you to stop thinking about this. even if your going to hell, right now, your not in hell. Id suggest that as soon as those thoughts arise in your mind (that u will go to hell, or that you dont have a soul anymore), dont feed those thoughts and try to go back to a sensation in the body. anything, it can be feeling your butt on the chair, or your foot on the ground. each time those negative thoughts arise, try to relax yourself into a sensation in the body.

you could do loving kindness meditation. imagine your heart is like the sun: warm and bright. feel it in your heart. imagine that your sun in your heart makes it possible for plants around you to grow, that everyone enjoy the warmth of the sun in your heart. then, imagine your parents and try to warm them with your heart. then your friends, then your neighbor, then try to embrace your body and warm it. if you really do this, you will realize that the more you generate happy thoughts, the more happy you feel. the more negative you are, the closer you are from hell id say.
I have had also very bad trips in my life and felt I had lost my being, but this will pass and the feeling will go away. try not to do any drugs, no weed particularly.
hope that can help!

i smoked 100 mg of 50% changa in ONE HIT from a bong; so that's 50 mg of DMT which is most certainly enough for a break thru. But maybe i didn't break thru; i really think it was too much for me. I think i would have actually BENEFITED from the experience if i had only smoked 15-20 mg of this changa instead of 100. Now i wish i hadn't thrown it out.
i hear voices that say "your going to hell" to me all the time, and ever worse things. I really want to go to the amazon and stay with a curandero like i planned to for 3 months, they say they can help me and get rid of the demons and get a spiritual rebirth. I truly feel like i don't have a soul anymore and its scary

Last edited:
hi murphy the cat thank you. Do you think going to an ayahuasca retreat for 3 months would help me? The maestro told the interpreter that he knows that he can help me, and that i need to stay for a minimum of 3 months, and for the first 2 months i would be doing purification diet with purification plants, and the final month would be intense ayahuasca ceremonies.
So the first 2 months would be working on my physical/mental, and the final month would be working on my spiritual.
what do you think? I have already decided that i cannot do this type of work on my own, i feel like my reality is crumbling (again) and that i am going to die soon!
i need support from cosmic helpers like the maestro at this place i want to go to. But in order to go there i will need to save up enough money, which means working for 6 months, and i am not physically/mentally capable of working right now! so i feel like it will never happen. So should i do this alone, in nature, with changa/dmt? i heard that changa can purge all the toxicity and poison from the body and mind, but i had a sub break thru dose and all it did was make me feel extremely paranoid and afraid. But i also did it in a bad setting which was my bedroom at my parent's house. I think i need to be in nature to do this, and alone, away from everyone and everything. I'm scared of being annihilated by evil spirits. Especially when everything used to be infinite love and happiness. Thats all gone forever :(

hi murphy the cat thank you. Do you think going to an ayahuasca retreat for 3 months would help me? The maestro told the interpreter that he knows that he can help me, and that i need to stay for a minimum of 3 months, and for the first 2 months i would be doing purification diet with purification plants, and the final month would be intense ayahuasca ceremonies.
So the first 2 months would be working on my physical/mental, and the final month would be working on my spiritual.
what do you think? I have already decided that i cannot do this type of work on my own, i feel like my reality is crumbling (again) and that i am going to die soon!
i need support from cosmic helpers like the maestro at this place i want to go to. But in order to go there i will need to save up enough money, which means working for 6 months, and i am not physically/mentally capable of working right now! so i feel like it will never happen. So should i do this alone, in nature, with changa/dmt? i heard that changa can purge all the toxicity and poison from the body and mind, but i had a sub break thru dose and all it did was make me feel extremely paranoid and afraid. But i also did it in a bad setting which was my bedroom at my parent's house. I think i need to be in nature to do this, and alone, away from everyone and everything. I'm scared of being annihilated by evil spirits. Especially when everything used to be infinite love and happiness. Thats all gone forever :(
evil spirit are in contact with you but very indirectly, they cannot hurt you if you accept their presence, especially when sober. in a dmt trip, you can feel the spirits and they can hurt you more psychologically because you see them. sober, you dotn se them, but may be able to feel them. the only problem is that you imagine that they are stuck with you for no reasons. they are around you for very specific reasons and if you change the factors that creates them, they will leave you. no need for a shaman, be your own shaman. doing loving kindness meditation is very helpful: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QLldBEIqolg heres guided meditation that start at 1h 09 min.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4rqxc5LCeuc

also, the evil spirits are in contact with you because of how you feel/think in sober life. they most likely are attracted/feed on you. if you change how you think/feel sober, they wont hang on for long
You will not die soon, those are just thoughts, it will not happen. Id almost think they have made you believe you will die soon to feed even more on your fears and anxiety. Hope that make sense.
also, id have to say that Im not sure how I feel about ''evil'' spirit. to believe they are evil is enough to create them. believing in evil spirit is in itself evil and it create evil in your mind. there are negative entities, but they arent evil.

I wouldnt recommend doing more psychedelic to help you. especially not tryptamine. cactus have been so much more healing for me. I find tryptamine much more hardcore compared to the cactus approach of teaching.
I think cactus would be the only psychedelic Id recommend for you, as even small dose cannot bring you anything negative (almost) and can really bring good insight into what and how you should try to live. tryptamine is sometimes too alien and abstract to make sense of it all and take back to sober life. so, if you must take a drug to help you, do it with cactus first, then once you feel better, after a good while that you've felt better, ayuasca will be great. I doubt one dmt trip will change all that makes you suffer in sober mode anyways.

I remember reading this earlier. I have schizophrenia. The transition when I first began realizing I had always been schizophrenic was scary. In my younger years I was so handicapped I didn't realize I was schizophrenic. In my early twenties I realized I was going to get worse then better.

I began noticing negative things such as hallucinations and instability in my mood. I also began noticing posotive things such as my internal monologue, figurative language, improved memory, and other details.

After several years and lifestyle modification the negative symptoms continue decreasing and I continue getting more well. I can participate in complex activities such as adept guitar playing. Though, I'm no Jerry Garcia.

I recommend you speak with your parents and visit a psychologist (you could leave drugs out). You need a map so you can get things in tune. I recommend against visiting South America. The culture shock might exacerbate your symptoms. Things are different in those countries. I think you have to get in tune here.

Also you have to see "A Beautiful Mind". Your parent could also appreciate "A Beautiful Mind".
http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/beautiful_mind

sorry, murphy the cat, i was BORN a bodhisattva which means that i was already born enlightened. Did i offend you by talking badly of western culture? the truth is that most westerners come from a toxic demonic background with no culture. I was born a bodhisattva from ancient Eastern origins and was already born enlightened. So don't try and tell me otherwise; just because you may not be enlightened it does not give you the right to say that i never was; you cannot invalidate my life experience! You do not know anything about me except what i told you. So, kindly, fuck off

I've got to say, seems like murphy's response to you was kind and attempting to be helpful. I don't see where he tried to tell you you aren't enlightened or something like that. I don't think telling him to fuck off is at all warranted.

Nisihth, you dont sound too good right now. stop that thinking process and go back to pleasant sensation into the body. meditate and relax, you will be fine if you stop to think your possessed by devils and illuminaty and that you are enlightened. you are not, a enlightened being will not be reborn and a boddhistava couldnt go from being almost enlightened to paranoiac like you seem to be and wouldnt certainly not tell anyone to fuck off.
I understand psy can be very confusing and Id recommend, if you have to take a drug, do cactus. dmt can make you feel even more confuse and delusional. mescaline tend to be very grounding.
take care!!!!

This thread is very strange, and quite fascinating to me. As a psychic medium (absolutely seriously) it sounds as if DMT is able to 'open the door' to spirit, as it were, something which only happened to me late in life, and not through a drug experience - directly. Drugs did however open my mind, and helped me to understand what 'altered states' were about, no doubt helping me to finally recognise and not reject actual communication when it occured. That's why I said earlier that I was most curious to try the stuff - whether it has the 'demonic' effects described on me would be fascinating - whether I can handle them, if they occured - is another matter! I have experienced such creatures as a child, long before I 'came out' as a medium, and they were probably the most frightening experiences of my life. Nowadays, with all I have learned about 'the other side' and experienced, I suspect they might not be able to 'attack me' any more? Only one way to find out I suppose?
Incidentally, this phenomena of little demons and devils seems well known amonst not only people who have used DMT 'recreationally', but amongst the shamans and people who have used it for centuries. Logic and drug experiences make it hard for me to believe these entities are somehow 'contained' in the drug itself - something 'outside' must surely come into play?

I've got to say, seems like murphy's response to you was kind and attempting to be helpful. I don't see where he tried to tell you you aren't enlightened or something like that. I don't think telling him to fuck off is at all warranted.

hi Xorkoth, the reply that i made was a response to a pm-exchange that me and murphy the cat had. I would have simply replied to him with my thoughts but i would've had to wait 2 hours to send him my reply, which is why i responded publicly.

It hasn't 'gone forever' there nishith, I promise you! It is the way of the world and Universe - merely on some back burner, awaiting rediscovery! I reckon some sort of posive, safe 'retreat' will do you a lot of good, and there must be something available that won't cost a fortune - in fact, the less it costs the better IMO. Somewhere you can 'work your fee' perhaps, all part of the process and maybe highly satisfying and enjoyable too. You can beat this horror, believe me - you seem half way there already by merely recognising it? And 'evil spirits' cannot ever harm you, ask your guardians for help - they are there, I assure you. Try this one, which I employ sometimes... 'Ride Above'. Imagine yourself riding a mighty, winged horse, like Pegasus, and looking down with disdain and cocksure confidence at all the nasty little things bothering you, as they gnash their teeth in furious frustratrion, since they cannot touch you. And they really can't touch you! Worth a try?

Basically i have done dmt like 8-10 times now.. The first 5 were pretty good but i never had a full breakthrough and i have always just wanted to experience that once. I had gotten this unique strain of changa.. I smoked a little of it and i had this familiar feeling that i have had a few times.. i get a little dizzy and i just feel this evil presence i guess.. I let my friend smoke it and he had this amazing ass trip and i recorded him talking about how he met god and he started crying in my room

I felt like i wanted to give it an other go so a couple nights later i packed some up in my friends bong and i held the lighter to it for about 20 seconds and then i cleared the whole thing.. i dont know how much smoke there was because i was in my room with the lights off.. As soon as i hit it i basically blacked out for like 10 minutes.. i woke up my phone was on the floor, my phone cord was being chewed by my dog and my clothes were everywhere. Then all of a sudden i started tripping out hard.. Very intense dark colors, weird patterns, and some sort of evil entities basically trying to torture my soul.. At one point there was this weird thing spinning around freaking me out but i think it was me holding my dog freaking out.. ( this is all closed eyed).. then i kinda laid there and i just had this feeling like i was dead.. i canted really explain it but i just felt this weird dying feelings and i thought i was bleeding out.. there was this weird humming noise too.. i finally tried to fight it and get up and i could not see anything.. All the colors in my room were morphing and everything was blurry.. i was falling into walls, climbing counters.. IT started to go away but then everytime i tried to think of something or focus my vision on something, i would start tripping again

i dont really remember everything i saw, but i just remember it being the most intense thing ever.. at one point, i just wanted to die.. it is only suppose to last up to 25 minutes but i tripped for almost 3 hours.. I dont understand why this happen to me.. i do live in a house with a very mean, drunk, abusive father, and ive been really stressed about finding somewhere else to live but i dont know if i brought that negativity into the trip, or the so called dmt entities just hate me and do not wish me to enter the void.

I had one experience with changa . It was beautiful and profound, never could I truly explain it . I didn't have an experience like everyone talks about mine was beautiful then turned terrifying... I'm sorry it's hard to explain but here it goes.. everything was a beautiful geometric pattern with like transparent rainbow over everything . Everything was made of honeycomb shapes but the ground was the pattern of the flower of life .. then it got scary .. everything was a kaleidoscope of colors and patterns spinning so fast I was cranking my head to the side to try to make it easier on my brain . I heard a humming noise like a voice or vibration but it was like electricity. I felt still but like I was glass and I shattered . My arm was like liquid paint but when someone held my hand it turned to stone, when I squeezed to feel flesh(something I knew was real) our fingers broke off and crumbled. My hand were tingly and I couldn't really feel them , my face felt like rubber or like like something else but not my face . I ran my fingers through my hair , to relax my head/ face in my hands but it felt like my hair was falling out. I grabbed my water bottle and took a drink but when I looked down at it , it broke perfectly in half as if it were glass but I knew I was still holding it. I tried so hard to feel something framiliar but nothing felt like anything I knew . I tried relaxing in closing my eyes but then it got worse . I saw people dressed like fairies (the ladies) and the men were dressed like Uncle Sam ( top hat, suspenders) and it was like it was a carnival with the wooden carts they use to lug animals in . They were celebrating blowing dandelions in my face as if to say " make a wish". At this point I don't know if I was hearing people from my group or if it was in my head but I heard " relax" and "aren't they beautiful" ... the second I relaxed it's like they came to life and they was trying to touch me. BOOM then I'm somewhere else everything keeps repeating . Everything people said around me including laughter, it just kept repeating. I heard " don't you feel like you've done this before" at least 20 times. And what's sad was besides for feeling like I've been there before, it really was repeating and it was starting to drive me insane .. I felt like I was stuck and never going to be normal again .. all I could think was I'm ruined. Everything was so fast, so random, so crazy, I couldn't understand a damn thing. I saw a blue butterfly with a black spot on its wing, on a branch and when I looked at the spot it opened into another picture and it just kept changing. I kept reminding myself it'd be over soon but it was so intense and repetitive, all I could think of is if it's not over soon like kill me and put me out of my misery. Lol. This is the short version of everything I can remember and explain. Also the worst part- I was only five minutes in..

It was still definitely amazing and out of this world. There is nothing in this world I can compare it to, or that can help me explain it . But it scared the crap out of me I really thought I was a goner. I still get crazy anxious just thinking about it.

Any comments would be appreciated.