• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

Grand Theft Auto V

^you missed out big time. the journey the story takes in GTA3:SA was the most dramatic they'll ever get. you go from pennyless bicycle riding ex-con to jetpack flying, hip hop producing mansion owner. having three airports open is an amazing thing in an open world video game.

damnit i wanna play it again right now.

^you missed out big time. the journey the story takes in GTA3:SA was the most dramatic they'll ever get. you go from pennyless bicycle riding ex-con to jetpack flying, hip hop producing mansion owner. having three airports open is an amazing thing in an open world video game.

damnit i wanna play it again right now.

It's been on Playstation Store for a minute. I'm pretty sure it is also available on Xbox Live.

I know I downloaded it a couple months back, but I found the control scheme extremely frustrating. Controls have come a long way this last console generation, I never realized just how much they had changed.

Don't get me wrong, I still have the trilogy both my original xbox discs and on my mac. I just don't have the time to commit to it.

I hear you on the controls. No momentum or rag doll really sucks now.

I also hope to see a return to Vice City in some version. I still have never finished the story for San Andreas. Didn't even unlock the other island(s). Great game... I just need multiplayer.

Didn't unlock the other islands?? That game took a very large chunk of my life.
I'd spend hours just flying down the long stretches of highway on a motorcycle. Put on a hoodie just so I could watch it flap in the wind. Lovely.

Didn't unlock the other islands?? That game took a very large chunk of my life.
I'd spend hours just flying down the long stretches of highway on a motorcycle. Put on a hoodie just so I could watch it flap in the wind. Lovely.

My favorite was flying the Harrier around the island and over the water, doing all sorts of crazy flips and stunts and flying upside down.

I seriously hope they bring the Harrier back in V. We already know they have jets, I just want that jet.

A return to Vice City is something I've been dreaming of for ages. It might not happen. One of the head guys at R* stated that he doesn't know how much he can do there that hasn't already been done, and he therefore feels it is unlikely that GTA will return, which makes me want to punch him in the face. He said the only thought they have of returning there is when they make a "GTA World" game with multiple cities, which is in their plans for the future.

However, it should be noted that R* has a penchant for changing their mind. Miami is a wonderful city for a GTA parody, it has everything a GTA city needs, and is one of only 4 cities good enough for a standalone location in a GTA game (New York, LA, Miami, Chicago). I'm kind of glad that V wasn't in Vice City, however, because I've been praying that if they ever did it again, it would be done on the next console generation. I'm still keeping my fingers crossed that they take it back and return to my city.

^ I agree, Miami would work well and it's bullshit that they couldn't do anything that hasn't already been done there. As great as VC was, it was clearly limited compared with what they could put out these days. Or in the 5+ years until the next game.

Miami would be to small of a city for a next gen game imo

It's not like GTA cities are ever to scale. Could always use close by cities, or other Floridian cities, or even Cuba or something.
It's not like Las Vegas is a bridge away from Los Angeles, you know?

bring back multiple cities!

or even better, fly a plane exiting a gtav map, inserting a gtaiv game disc and landing in liberty city! a cross over like this would be amazing.

bring back multiple cities!

or even better, fly a plane exiting a gtav map, inserting a gtaiv game disc and landing in liberty city! a cross over like this would be amazing.

I don't see why something like that wouldn't eventually become a reality. Just think how BIG games are going to be in the not-even-that-distant future. It's making me all giddy just thinking about it.

I don't see why something like that wouldn't eventually become a reality. Just think how BIG games are going to be in the not-even-that-distant future. It's making me all giddy just thinking about it.

It'll be up to the developers how big the world is. We're going to see some dramatically larger games by very well-staffed and focused developers.

I have had a long standing theory, confirmed by the aforementioned Leslie Benzies comments about not returning to Vice City until they do a "GTA World," that this would be the case. My thoughts are, that when they create a Liberty City or Los Santos, they are not planning on scrapping it and starting over next time around. They are saving it for later. So, when the time for GTA World comes up, they already have a Liberty City and Los Santos. All they need to do is make sure major landmarks haven't changed, add in a few areas that they left out the first go-round, rearrange the city just a little bit so it isn't literally the same exact thing we played in last time, and then they are done. Researching and recreating the cities is what makes them take so long making the games.

It's one of the primary reasons I feel that Vice City will, indeed, be back as a stand-alone city in a GTA game. When they come down here to research it the way they researched the other two cities this console generation, their opinion on the city is going to change. These guys have probably barely left South Beach and the other touristy areas every time they have come down here. When they study the other areas and culture of the city, they are going to change their mind real quick. I'm counting on it.

Look at .... taking that shit to another thread.

I have had a long standing theory, confirmed by the aforementioned Leslie Benzies comments about not returning to Vice City until they do a "GTA World," that this would be the case. My thoughts are, that when they create a Liberty City or Los Santos, they are not planning on scrapping it and starting over next time around. They are saving it for later. So, when the time for GTA World comes up, they already have a Liberty City and Los Santos. All they need to do is make sure major landmarks haven't changed, add in a few areas that they left out the first go-round, rearrange the city just a little bit so it isn't literally the same exact thing we played in last time, and then they are done. Researching and recreating the cities is what makes them take so long making the games.

It's one of the primary reasons I feel that Vice City will, indeed, be back as a stand-alone city in a GTA game. When they come down here to research it the way they researched the other two cities this console generation, their opinion on the city is going to change. These guys have probably barely left South Beach and the other touristy areas every time they have come down here. When they study the other areas and culture of the city, they are going to change their mind real quick. I'm counting on it.

It's a legit theory and could well happen.

basically a GTA MMO will different servers running different cities.

10/10 would go on welfare and play this for a life.

^ "Cousin! It's Roman! How about we go stare at some big American TEETEES!"