• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

Grand Theft Auto V

Is there any word whether there's actual nudity in 5? I get that it presents issues as far as having your game sold in stores with archaic policies like Wal-Mart.
It's just a little silly to go on a spree wherein you kill 50-100 police, 40-60 civilians, fuck, then murder 5 prostitutes, then head over to a strip club and the girls have bikinis on.......

^ The console release will almost certainly not have nudity...

But if it get s PC release, you can bet your pixelated ass someone will mod it in.

So ridiculous. Mass murder's fine. Tits and ass? No fuckin way.
Wasn't there a guy with his wang hanging out on the DLC for 4?
I guess that would fall under the category of "Straight to the consumer, so we'll do what the fuck we want."

Yeah there was lots if full frontal male nudity in tlad.

^ The console release will almost certainly not have nudity...

But if it get s PC release, you can bet your pixelated ass someone will mod it in.

I think The Witcher has shown that lots of nudity in a game is a good thing. Now all the other series just have to catch up.

Is there any word whether there's actual nudity in 5? I get that it presents issues as far as having your game sold in stores with archaic policies like Wal-Mart.
It's just a little silly to go on a spree wherein you kill 50-100 police, 40-60 civilians, fuck, then murder 5 prostitutes, then head over to a strip club and the girls have bikinis on.......

I think it's possible we get some nudity in the game.

Between GTA IV, TLAD (which had some nudity), and now, a lot has changed in the video game world. Everybody, rating agencies included, has a better understanding that video games are now made for adults, and no longer just for young children. People imagine a bunch of college kids sitting in a dorm playing these games today, not a group of 8 year old children. Additionally, restrictions on young children buying M-Rated games, and increased parental awareness as to what an M-Rating actually entails, means that whoever is in charge of rating games is probably more likely to be lenient.

You throw in the awareness that an Adults Only rating can kill a video game, and that GTA 5 is likely to break records for sales the same way GTA IV did, and you have a recipe for very high levels of leniency being given to R*. Much has changed since the days where "Hot Coffee" was a big deal. Nobody really cares anymore, IMO. They can't overdo it, but I imagine they can get away with anything that would be in an R rated movie.

Last edited:
I think it's possible we get some nudity in the game.

Between GTA IV, TLAD (which had some nudity), and now, a lot has changed in the video game world. Everybody, rating agencies included, has a better understanding that video games are now made for adults, and no longer just for young children. People imagine a bunch of college kids sitting in a dorm playing these games today, not a group of 8 year old children. Additionally, restrictions on young children buying M-Rated games, and increased parental awareness as to what an M-Rating actually entails, means that whoever is in charge of rating games is probably more likely to be lenient.

You throw in the awareness that an Adults Only rating can kill a video game, and that GTA 5 is likely to break records for sales the same way GTA IV did, and you have a recipe for very high levels of leniency being given to R*. Much has changed since the days where "Hot Coffee" was a big deal. Nobody really cares anymore, IMO. They can't overdo it, but I imagine they can get away with anything that would be in an R rated movie.

Is that like the level of The Witcher? I want more of that! Trish, hell yeah!

hey guess what, you know how excited i am for this game and all, right. ... well, turns out a few days after this comes out, i'll be going overseas for at least 6 weeks. where i'll be going there will be mostly no electricity.

hey guess what, you know how excited i am for this game and all, right. ... well, turns out a few days after this comes out, i'll be going overseas for at least 6 weeks. where i'll be going there will be mostly no electricity.

That sucks bro. I've got it preordered and have all the free time in the world :/

preordered here too. i just hope the uk based "ozgameshop" send it so it arrives on release day, not sent on release day. that way i get a few days in before going on my adventure.

I don't know BS344, but aren't you supposed to say something about Witcher 3 in each post?

*sigh*

game gets shipped on release day, which assures i won't be able to touch it until november.

*sigh*

game gets shipped on release day, which assures i won't be able to touch it until november.

That's a potential problem with all orders of the Special and Collector's Editions, at all vendors.

It should be noted, that this might change as release comes closer. I was concerned about the same thing, and I found some answer somewhere on Amazon, where a representative replied to someone's query, It has something to do with knowing whether or not it will be in stock before the street date of the game, and that as release comes closer, they should have confirmation that they will have copies before the 17th, and then release day delivery will become available, and all prior orders with two-day shipping or better will be moved to release day delivery. This applies to all vendors, they are simply lacking the confirmation they need to offer release date delivery. So, chances are, you will get it on the 17th.

7291.png

Note that nudity is indeed one of the items we can expect in this game, just to bring up the prior discussion. Rating's agencies are becoming much more liberal as video gaming is increasing understood to be an adult hobby, rather than a child's one. It's a new day...

I'm not trying to start an arguement... but who really cares about nudity in a video game? I mean is this really that big of an issue where it would make you not want to buy the game? C'mon now

Oooh look some boobs made out of pixels. I thought this game was made for adults?
12 yr old kids would be the only people upset if there wasn't "nudity" included

Last edited:
I'm not trying to start an arguement... but who really cares about nudity in a video game? I mean is this really that big of an issue where it would make you not want to buy the game? C'mon now

Oooh look some boobs made out of pixels. I thought this game was made for adults?
12 yr old kids would be the only people upset if there wasn't "nudity" included

I don't think people care for nudity for the reasons you are ascribing.

Personally, I care about it because it indicates the further erosion of the culture of censorship in video games, movies, and television, which is a big deal. Nobody in this thread cares about nudity because they want to jack off to some computer generated titties, or because they want to laugh at it like a 12 year old boy, they care about it because it represents progress and freedom in the video game world.

It was kind of absurd going to the strip club in GTA IV, where the girls never actually stripped. It's a small element, nothing near make or break (nobody said anything even remotely close to the prescense or absence of nudity having any effect on their purchase, by the way), but it adds an element of realism to the game that was previously not present.

Allowing nudity in a GTA game is a really, really big deal for the ESRB, and it shows us that the world has come a long way since they days where Hot Coffee was a big deal. I hope this post has made clear to you that this is not some sophomoric celebration over getting to see pixelated titties.

7291.png

Note that nudity is indeed one of the items we can expect in this game, just to bring up the prior discussion. Rating's agencies are becoming much more liberal as video gaming is increasing understood to be an adult hobby, rather than a child's one. It's a new day...

australia took one step forward and two steps back. after years of lobbying, we finally have a restrictive adult rating for games, R just like with movies. this was to prevent games from being unclassifiable and therefore unsellable in aus without a content edit.

turns out to have been all for nothing. a couple of games, including the new saints row, were still not classified even with the R option. this essentially means they are censoring the taste of adults. ffs.

gtav got in with an r rating.

not that we can't just import games (ends up cheaper too).