• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

Graf

i really liked weakhand's work, i love wheat pasters and i think they need more props.

meh, theyre overrated if anything. theyll die out soon enough.

man, graffiti has been dead for a long time.
fuck stencils
fuck art fags

photo.jpg

Well well, those four are good. No need to show any from here anymore, also head psychedelic is cool. Actually they were better in news from south here. Not those but still, opposite, also train art is fantastic.

Smoking donald can't beat those four in up, done not in hurry. Absolutely Obama that duck what i did see on TV news, and so on...

I just wonder, how it took to deciders to accept painting in certain places and what kind of penalties sprayers had then...

this thing moves like its in a k hole.
kick it and see if its still alive. prolly not. lets check its pockets.

findwarmtechniques2010.jpg

jennyNEWcopyweb.jpg

From legal walls....an old car wash...around here. Kind of an inpromptu gathering of painters this past sat.

DSC_0130.jpg

DSC_0289.jpg

DSC_0293.jpg

DSC_0128.jpg

DSC_0123.jpg

The first one, the Ragoe/AM7/Riet wall...is sweet stuff. Riets characters are untouched around here. And Ragoe's so clean.

Since moving to northern New Jersey, I've gained a lot of respect for street art. I have absolutely no problem with people writing on surfaces that aren't private properties in active use. It adds character to a place, and reminds us that there are whole worlds of people who live rich lives in the shadows and between the cracks of "respectable", moneyed institutions. I often see eyecatching or highly ubiquitous graffiti, and wonder about the people who did it, and what their message to the world is.

PK_IMG_6122.jpg

I'm fascinated by the legendary PK Kid from the NYC area. There's a rich lore about him online, which I imagine is just the tip of the iceberg of an even richer lore about him on the streets word-of-moth. The reappearance of his work (in abundance!) after 20+ years of inactivity makes some think he's a modern day Captain Redbeard -- the original long gone, and the mantle taken up by someone else.

PK is not known for the complexity of his tags, but the audacity of where he's put them. People like him remind me that there are countless ways in this world to 'be somebody', millions of kingdoms out there just waiting for one of us to step up and reign.

MDAO, you should follow woostercollective. It's a blog dedicated to mostly NY street art.

I'm fascinated by the legendary PK Kid from the NYC area. There's a rich lore about him online, which I imagine is just the tip of the iceberg of an even richer lore about him on the streets word-of-moth. The reappearance of his work (in abundance!) after 20+ years of inactivity makes some think he's a modern day Captain Redbeard -- the original long gone, and the mantle taken up by someone else.

PK is not known for the complexity of his tags, but the audacity of where he's put them. People like him remind me that there are countless ways in this world to 'be somebody', millions of kingdoms out there just waiting for one of us to step up and reign.

yo homey they are two different people, pk and kid, i know how they get them spots.
i'll pm you cuz shit like that shouldnt be public ,

lol, i dont remember posting in this thread. sorry if i upset anyone...

anyone make it to MOCA? it was in LA and last i heard it was headed to new york (well, some of it anyway.) its probably already in NY and ud be crazy to miss this if you are at all interested in graffiti/street art/trendy hipster shit. im hoping some new yorkers get a chance to do their thing...

here is katsu doing his thing days before opening...

..http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0I2mX8coJ1c

MOCA-Graffiiti-Art-Show.jpg

full_1292285774blu_moca.jpg

ASDLABS_MOCA_Blu.jpg

NYC...

MOCA_Art_in_the_Streets-e1303668872301.png

lol, i dont remember posting in this thread. sorry if i upset anyone...

anyone make it to MOCA? it was in LA and last i heard it was headed to new york (well, some of it anyway.) its probably already in NY and ud be crazy to miss this if you are at all interested in graffiti/street art/trendy hipster shit. im hoping some new yorkers get a chance to do their thing...

here is katsu doing his thing days before opening...

..http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0I2mX8coJ1c

MOCA-Graffiiti-Art-Show.jpg

full_1292285774blu_moca.jpg

ASDLABS_MOCA_Blu.jpg

NYC...

MOCA_Art_in_the_Streets-e1303668872301.png

Wow! I love all of these :)

^ That last one reminds me of the work of one of my favorite local writers, ACID:

1062467944_302d471d28_o.jpg

2772214881_2742678149_o.jpg

5594494819_8c4a6bbf16_o.jpg

and finally gotta show MSG some love, these dudes put in serious work:

4132151116_96c22863d2_o.jpg