memory house
cslsx
million young
make your exit
mgmt
twin sister
radiohead (in rainbows)
jogger
& any other tripped out indie electro pop is good for acid.

Awesome stuff thanks

For me the ultimate LSD music list is:

Electric Wizard
Primus (or anything by Les Claypool)
Pink Floyd

Though lately a lot of other bands including Jack White, The Butthole Surfers, The Dandy Warhols, and Beck have been entering the playlist due to me tripping with my girlfriend.

Like bigfan says ^^ whatever you normally listen to. But even better is what ever you would normally like, but hearing it for your first time on acid. There's something really magical about giving your first good listen to new music on acid. Like music that you've never heard while sober, but you hear it for your first time while on acid. And it's music you would have liked anyways sober.

It's also really great checking out music on a huge outdoor sound rig, and being able to dance to it. Some of my best musical experiences have been playing or dancing to great electronic music at big festivals.

It's not so much a kind of music or artist that sounds good on acid, because that's to personal taste. Good music is enhanced by acid. Likewise, shit music sounds even shittier when on acid.

Last edited:
If you like Boards of Canada(and you should...) and want to try some new stuff:

Dalhous - Will to be Well
1991 - 1991 LP
Huerco S - Colonial Patterns
Clark - Iradelphic

These guys are all amazing. Try these albums first then work your way through to the other releases.

Last edited:
I used to stick to the typical "acid music" (Beatles, Doors, Shpongle etc) until I realised that I was limiting myself and missing out on a lot of great experiences with music I normally wouldn't consider.

John Butler's Ocean, 70's jazz, funk and even grindcore, or proggy metal like Sikth or Meshuggah 8(

Each a completely different experience and each interesting to delve into for different reasons. I enjoy looking for patterns and complexities in music that you otherwise might miss.

I used to like listening to Tubular Bells when I did a lot of acid in the early 80s but I listened to it again recently and it didn't do much for me. I actually found it pretty boring. Wasn't on acid at the time though. Maybe you need to be on acid to find it interesting. I don't actually listen to music much on psychs anymore because I usually find everything irritating. I definitely can't watch TV because I just cycle through the stations and find everything irritating, especially the news which is usually pretty gross on psychs.

If I were going listen to music it would probably be something like Tarja Turunen. I just find her stuff to be high quality and generally easy on the nerves. I would also say Nightwish, which is the band she started out in, but the male singer in that band does not have a very pleasant voice really. He does sort of backing vocals or alternating with the female lead singer. He just has a very crude vocal style though which I'm sure would bug me on psychs. America's Greatest Hits is also good, just have to skip over the filler songs. They do have several really good ones so it's still worth it. I've heard Horse with no Name so many times it's starting to bug me though, even though it's a good tune. Sometimes I also like Bread songs, they're similar to America. I will also occasionally listen to some of the soothing Bee Gees songs like Too Much Heaven and Don't Throw it all Away, nothing from Saturday Night Fever though. I used to like DragonForce but I listened to it so much that my brain got saturated with it. Some of the old albums might be good on acid, though they can be a little on the frenetic side. It might irritate me on acid. Probably be good on stims but I never use them except a-PVP until I noticed it gave me a rash on my neck so now I don't use any. Boy that pvp rash was nasty. Took forever to wear off.

Last edited:
Again, go for whatever you like sober. Last time I did a high dose I started off listening to some fast garage punk type music, and it was amazing, I could see and feel the rawness and energy of the music. Then a buddy of mine who was rolling insisted on playing a bunch of EDM, which I'm sure many people would recommend listening to on acid. I however felt like it was the fakest, most artificial sounding stuff ever, and it did not go well with my trip.

The music you enjoy normally will certainly be enhanced on LSD

Oldschool people respect the Dead, the Beatles, the Doors, the Animals, Jefferson Starship, Pink Floyd this basically nails people of the 60 to 80's, and they have their place.

Honestly being a child more of the 90's pop culture Wutang, Beastie Boys, Cypress Hill was AWSOME on LSD, then of course techno and the rave sceane, and the introduction of MDMA. But as I grew up I learned to respect music made more with man and instrument then man and computer.

The ultimate it the mix of the two........ 1994 NYC, can't remember the name of the DJ, but he drops in the Doors, Riders on the Storm into some tribal mix. All I remember is rolling hard and Beth says...is the Jim Morrison????? AWSOME!!!

Much respect to Bob Marley and Peter Tosh as well. and oldschool hip hop that told a story instead of just was about the difficult ryme style ..... ie Izzy. guys like GURU with albums like Jazzmatazz. Eric B and Rakim original break beat stuff

Old school tech Original jungalists like Grooverider and Goldie, the first D & B styles of guys like DJ Trace with tracks like Sonar

Electronic music:

Tangerine Dream
Shpongle
Anything non-clubby sounding (trance is boring in acid)

Rock:

Pink Floyd
Camel
Eloy
Ozric Tentacles
Hawkwind

If you like harder stuff: Metal works well with acid! Assuming it is performed with skill. You can hear that through the most with any music i find in acid but it might be an artifact of my guitar playing. Most doom metal sounds fine: Most of it was probably done in acid anyway.

I used to listen mostly to electronic music like psytrance because there is room for greater sound range at higher sound quality: Things you appreciate with psychedelics. But even then it depends. There's so much electronic music it's almost depressing: Way too many genres. So i became old and cynical and now i listen to mostly 70's progressive / space rock. And word to the wise: The old 70's hippies weren't exactly wrong. Their music really works. I guess they're used to higher doses than us. Just listen to this:

Also, shameless (self) promotion. My friend made a song. It's kind-of-electronic music. He actually makes some pretty good stuff and has two very well received albums reviewed at progarchives.com under the name Ascoil Sun(also good acid music.) But this song is truly the best song i've ever heard for psychedelic usage. There really is everything. So i made a visualization video for it:

I have no idea how it sounds while sober when you hear it the first time: I was under a high dose of 2C-E so my opinion is automatically skewed. I've never heard it sober. It might be too weird. But yes it sounds good with acid too! :D

That was actually very enjoyable, Darkstorn. Thanks for sharing that. I got a good one here;

Last edited:
Animal Collective (and Panda Bear's solo stuff) are absolutely amazing.

My favourite band, though some albums can veer into darker places than I'm comfortable, a lot of early of Montreal especially is wonderful.

Flaming Lips, Cardamar, Pink Floyd and Connan Mockasin are all other great picks to weave in with acid, and the 'Monstrous Psychedelic Bubble' compilation works well too.

Any music you like will be good with psychedelics. Also just any good music at all... psychedelics help you to experience things in new ways, so it can be a very profound experience listening to new music or even new types of music on them. I used to always try to play "trippy" stuff, but as I got older I began to listen to anything and everything I enjoy. Classical music (for me, especially piano concertos or solos) can be a wonderful experience.

Any music you like will be good with psychedelics. Also just any good music at all... psychedelics help you to experience things in new ways, so it can be a very profound experience listening to new music or even new types of music on them. I used to always try to play "trippy" stuff, but as I got older I began to listen to anything and everything I enjoy. Classical music (for me, especially piano concertos or solos) can be a wonderful experience.

This is entirely true, but the level of my enhancement of enjoyment seems to vary somewhat with different sounds. For example, woodwind sounds in music give a lovely, light, lipsy vibe that feels like your skin is being blown on lightly.

All the music under the many aliases of Atom Heart (Uwe Schmidt) chucked in a media player and randomised does for me (just have the skip button handy). The man's a proper genius, and some of it's just made for lsd.