View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Good music for acid?

Irmarose

Bluelighter
Hey doind acid for the first time tonight at my house, just wondering if anyone could suggest any good music to trip to.... would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

i have either been listening to psytrance or dubstep on cid

ppl prob thinking cid n dubtep surely cant go well, but you be surprised

The Grateful Dead is one of my favorites, but then again, they're a lot of peoples favorites.
Psytrance, Goa Trance, Ambient, just most edm in general imo and anything that's not too dark/scary.

I'll also list a few artists I especially enjoy while dosing...
Shpongle (also "Hallucinogen" and "Younger Brother")
The Grateful Dead
Prometheus
Aphex Twin
Blue Planet Corporation
Safi Connection

I mean, I've listened to hardcore (angry, yelling, etc lol) on acid and while it didn't scare me, it just kind of killed my mood for a bit.

EDIT:yeah dubstep isn't bad on cid but the whole brostep thing ruined dubstep for me

Other than that if you want to make it especially psychedelic, and not follow your normal taste in music try:

- Shpongle
- Shulman
- Younger Brother
- Kali Frogz oh this is nice for a change
- Nuclear Ramjet
- Ott

Last edited:
Anything by Simon Posford: Shpongle, Hallucinogen, Younger Brother, etc...

I prefer energetic music on acid. Artha and Astral Projection are great, as well as the aforementioned Posford projects.

60's psychedelic. 13th floor elevators is great to listen to when trippin

I would listen to whatever music you already love. If your not really in to electronic music solipsis made some really good suggestions. Classic rock is always good too.

I have a soft spot for accoustic guitar on acid. It's worth having a large collection on standy as you're going to be tripping for hours. I like variety, bit of Radiohead, Sphongle, Led Zep, Sigor ros, Autechre and REM to name a few. I avoid rap like a plaugue.

try some of these bands:

baths
gold panda
memory house
cslsx
million young
make your exit
mgmt
twin sister
radiohead (in rainbows)
jogger
& any other tripped out indie electro pop is good for acid.

Shpongles wackkk

Yea agreed with first comment try some dub step ha its good shit

Last edited:
The Grateful Dead
pink floyd (how has nobody mentioned them?!)
black sabbath
led zeppelin
i know im forgetting alot, but im baked, sry..

¢·ω

Bassnectar!!

amazing on acid. undergound communication (album) will blow your mind.

Jam & Spoon - Stella is the song that defines acid for me...it was the only song I liked on my friend's iPod when I had my third, 'breakthrough' trip, so I put it on repeat, watched time become meaningless, lost all notion of who I was, and saw a shooting star overhead. Pure lysergic magic.

Wow! almost got to the end of the thread without seeing Floyd! I must be old.......
Pink Floyd is probably my all-time favorite band to listen to while tripping. Any of their works will just blow you away. I experience them in a completely different way while tripping. It's like there's another layer of music when I'm tripping, sort of like a kid's movie that has hidden adult jokes. You just can't understand how awesome they are when sober. That's not saying PF isn't one of my favorite bands when I'm sober, too, but tripping brings out a gritty, dark, sub-layer that blows my mind!

I always get massive time dilation & synaesthesia right around the peak of the guitar solo in Time...great stuff.

reading this thread makes me want to start tripping again soon.