• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

Good Documentaries v. is that a doc?

American children are being indoctrinated like never before, manipulated and brain washed like never before,, Being radicalised to be warriors of "Jesus Christ" and their influence in politics is truly worrying,

The types of methods they use are known to induce a trance like, suggestible state in adults.. but these are children ffs,, they're already suggestible.

http://topdocumentaryfilms.com/jesus-camp/

Just finished watching Play it Loud: The Story of the Marshall Amp. It was on BBC4 last night, and still on the iPlayer as per the link.

A reasonably interesting look into the history of Jim Marshall & the development of Marshall Amps over the years. Worth a watch if you are interested in that sort of thing. Plenty of famous guitarists giving input on various things & you even get to see a scene from Spinal Tap... :D

No I haven't! Thanks for the tip... would be particularly interested in the segment on Jimmy Page. :)

Ah! Well, you are in for a treat. The whole lot is great, even if you don't think you're into the other two guys. All three of them are mostly together in the same studio, talking about their own styles and demonstrating to the others. They all have a massive amount of respect for each other, which shows all the way through. One of my favourite documentaries. :)

that looks pretty good!
any more ideas on music docs? :D

in nonmusic related viewings, watched the house i live in the other day. very good doc about the war on drugs (think its been already mentioned in this thread)

Seems no-one has suggested How to Survive a Plague. It's a documentary about the AIDS crisis, or more specifically the fact that the US government didn't give a fuck about HIV (let all the fags die, they're just getting what's coming to them), so gay rights organisations basically had to take matters into their own hands. It's an account of the protest actions they committed (some of which are pretty radical/hilarious), as well as just a narrative of the course of the crisis and the toll it took on the community. There's a lot of original, camcorder-type footage, plus interviews with long-term survivors.

Thing is it's not a "depressing" documentary at all, despite the subject matter. It's about a marginalised group of people whom the authorities don't give a fuck about coming together, organising, standing up to authority and demanding their fair treatment. In the process, the community becomes closer and ever-more defiant. And in the end, they win.

It's an uplifting documentary about horrid subject matter, and a testament to the heroism and solidarity of this marginalised community in the face of this horror.

I watched that a wee while back. Master criminals they ain't. Tragic in more ways than one.

How creepy is that creepy fukker?!? 8o

Especially like the part where he claims to "tear up" at the mere thought of the Twin Towers incident but only actually manages to squeeze a few out when he gets to the part where he claims somebody said that "... If you can't do anything to help than nobody can". As a psychologist I wonder if his area of expertise lay in narcisism or psychopathy? 8)

The United Nations announced in 2013 that Peru has overtaken Colombia as the world's top producer of coca, the raw plant material used to manufacture cocaine. For the past two decades, Colombia has been virtually synonymous with cocaine. Now that Peru has become the global epicenter of cocaine production, the Andean nation runs the risk of becoming the world's next great narco state.

The Peruvian government is trying to crack down on the problem by ramping up eradication of coca plants, and devoting military and police resources to interdiction efforts. Despite the response — and a hefty amount of foreign aid devoted to combatting cocaine production — Peruvian coke is being consumed in the nightclubs of Lima and in cities around the world like never before.

Quelle surprise 8)

Don't post too often but thought someone else should experience this:

Werner Herzog's 'Encounters at the End of the World'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MImYM87jOtU

I watched this on a rather high dose of Ketamine. The world I was taken to is beyond comprehension. I came out of the experience feeling I had spoken to a God or something. I nearly cried with happiness, confusion and just plain bewilderment. Was really truly an amazing experience. I highly recommend giving it a go with or with out a shit load of k! :)