• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

Good Documentaries v. is that a doc?

Guys I know there are alot of good documentaries here... but I guarantee you.. that this documentary is a must see... it has changed the way I see history.. I cannot express my hatred for how Hitler was treated.. now I know I have said Hitler and alot of you might be annoyed that I think he is a " Hero "... you just watch this documentary and you will see

"Who controls the past controls the future; who controls the present controls the past."

Created by Dennis Wise

Adolf Hitler: The Greatest Story Never Told

Well, I'm definitely gonna watch this! (Probably for about 15 minutes...)

Hitler loved his dog, Blondi. He also loved his neice, Geli Raubal, but perhaps it's best not to dwell on that too much. Apart from that... he makes me think that I'm a good painter in comparison.

He wasn't a good person in any way, shape, or form. He was a gangster who is responsible for the destruction of his own country, as well as a few others. By the end of it he was a paranoid, meth-addicted, delusional megalomaniac. History would never have looked kindly on him, even if the Germans had "won", whatever that would have looked like.

edit: I wonder how the makers of "Hitler: The Rise of Evil" feel about their work being appropriated in this fashion? Including Robert 'Begbie' Carlyle as Hitler.

edit2: states that Hitler won "6 awards for bravery" during WW1. This is patently untrue, he "only" won the 1st & 2nd class Iron Cross and a Bavarian Cross for bravery. The others were regimental awards that everyone else got, and a wound badge which didn't exactly involve any deliberate effort.

edit3: states "He put into practice his brilliant innovative ideas such as building motorways the length and breadth of the country..." The first autobahn was opened in 1929, during the much-maligned end of the Weimar Republic. In no way was this Hitler or any other Nazi's idea.

Also, it's kinda easy to eliminate unemployment when you're deliberately raiding the treasury for all it's worth to put the entire country on a war footing. The only reason mothers were rewarded for increased childbirth was to provide men for the armed forces. And it's also easy to massively decrease crime if you have a network of secret police & informers everywhere, with Nazi party officials installed on every block.

I've got a feeling that it's gonna be much of the same exaggeration & fabrication for the next few hours.

edit4: Oh god, something about 58,000 Germans being "ethnically cleansed" by the Poles.

I've heard enough. This is outrageous nonsense and I really hope you're not buying too much of it, Hangover. :)

Last edited:
My favourite documentary is Grizzly Man. It details the sticky end of a naturalist obsessed with grizzly bears. I'd encourage you all to see it. It was produced by one of my favourite directors, Werner Herzog.

My favourite documentary is Grizzly Man. It details the sticky end of a naturalist obsessed with grizzly bears. I'd encourage you all to see it. It was produced by one of my favourite directors, Werner Herzog.

Great Doc. Its already been discussed, I'll try and find the link:

http://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads...p=12225724&highlight=grizzly+man#post12225724

spolier

NSFW:
the sounds of the bear eating the guy and his girlfriends screams were too shocking to be broadcast

David Attenborough's latest Doc Life Story is well up to standard. Some amazing footage, especially the scene of the hyeans running down a Wilderbeest, during the episode i watched tonight:Home. It sue is the syrvival of the fittest out there, if you're the slowest runner in the herd God help you. As evolution is an ongoing process I Wonder how many generations it will take for natutural selection to keep killing off the weakest and slowest animals, so that eventually only the fastest and strongest will be left. Like a herd of SupeR wILDRBEEST.

Last edited:
narh no need to aplogise, it's ok, i jsut thought you might be interested in what others had to say about it.

Not sure about your 2nd query. Mods?

Also, do lectures and talks go in here? Iggy did a brilliant BBC lecture on free music recently, and I think it's still on iPlayer.

I doubt very much if anyone would be so anal as to care one way or another. Here seems like the best fit.

@Hitler: Shambles and Felix said it right. I think i stumbled on that doc once on youtube, shuddered and cringed, then thought, well i'll give it a watch (in the same spirit as you shambles, to test my beliefs a bit, and cos i like wacky conspiracies). I think i got about 40 minutes in before turning it off - the standard of the 'information' was very poor for anyone who knows a bit about the subject (or just checks things using google ('yeah but google's run by the jews!')).

Saying that, its 'facts' and the logic leaps based on them were probably on a par with most conspiracy vids around, so i can well believe that someone who laps up stuff like alex jones, kymatica or thrive might well go for it; sort of a next level conspiracy ('my conspiracy's really out there, just look at how many people are against it!'). I often think that the modern conspiracy genre was created and nurtured as it is to encourage just this level of simplistic world view, as opposed to say economic/class analysis (yeah i know, it's a meta-conspiracy). Like with any conspiracy vid, pause it and check any given facts from a few opposing sources before believing anything (not many of them survive this). Watch out for comnfirmation bias when looking for sources. (That's enough patronising untermenschen degeneracy for now).

(In my view Hitler was a placeman for western capital to guard against the real threat, the soviet union (and communism in germany); he then got a bit independent later on so we had to do him (like saddam). In his politics he wasn't really much different to the british/US upper class (hence why many of them supported him). To see how willing our elites still are to support overt fascists, look at ukraine, or isis)

Last edited:
^ Your comments about the general quality and reliability of "facts" in conspiracy docs - especially at the real low-rent PooToob cut 'n' paste "fanmade" jobbies (and yes that word is used in both contexts) - is appaling at times. This is the kinda thing which gives "conspiracy theorists" a bad name. Conspiracies and their related theories absolutely do exist and are often as bizarre as some of the freakier elements of even the most nutso attempts. It's hard enough as it is to try to separate facts from fantasies without promoting utter drivel that is not only utter drivel but harmful drivel.

Also, it's kinda easy to eliminate unemployment when you're

... murdering large parts of the populace and enslaving many of the rest.

I'd rather not sit through six bastard hours of Holocaust denial and the like so thanks for taking one for the team, Felix.

Hangover: You experienced a major brainfart. Perhaps best leave it at that. And maybe watch some actual history docs. Or even read a book or two.

I'd rather not sit through six bastard hours of Holocaust denial and the like so thanks for taking one for the team, Felix.

Hah, I stopped it after about 1hr 30, after skipping a bit. No way was I sitting through the whole thing. :D

Still deserve one of those "hero" plasters wot mothers use on boychilds for scabbed knees and such :D

Only if it looks like this:

BmRKELSB.jpg

%)

Hmm. I suspect that would damage a skinned knee more than the more traditional form. That'd be one hardcore mother 'n' child combo. Or just scumbags.

Pee Ess: I do like the top bit that looks like a silver minge though =D

Ok shambles Ill leave you to whatever you believe and ill believe what I want, but I encourage you to watch more than 40 mins

It's not a case of blind belief in "The Official Version," Hangover. I've read quite extensively on Holocaust denial and related matters. Tend to avoid docs on that subject cos the imagery is so abhorrent it's hard to stomach in that context. As a starter, do you have any answer to the basic points of fact Felix pointed out up there? Cos those aren't even remotely controversial so if you're "denying" them in favour of flat-out untruths why the fuck should anybody bother watching that piece of shit you recommended?

Why not try to summarise some of the most salient points made in the doc for discussion given no sane person is gonna sit through 6h of Holocaust denial willingly anyway so may as well try to put forth the "good parts" or just back away from the awkward shitpile you left behind.

Yep.

Ok shambles Ill leave you to whatever you believe and ill believe what I want, but I encourage you to watch more than 40 mins

I watched 90 mins and got fed up of it. WW2 is my favourite historical subject, and over the past three years I've read a library's worth of material. Just a cursory watch of the start of this garbage was enough. They could have (and mostly did, to be fair) stick to facts in that 90 minutes, but they didn't. So god only knows what they bullshitted about for the next 4.5 hours.

I'd like to watch the rest and refute the most egregious fabrications, but life's too short.

Neurons to Nirvana: Understanding Psychedelic Medicines

"In depth look at the renaissance in psychedelic drug research in light of current scientific, medical and cultural knowledge. The film explores these socially taboo substances as adjuncts to psychotherapy, as crucial but neglected medicines, and as technologies of consciousness. From Neurons to Nirvana: The Great Medicines features interviews with some of the world's foremost researchers, writers, and pioneers in the growing field of psychedelic psychotherapy. These radical healers and dissenters are using everything from ancient concoctions to newly created designer molecules to the once demonized psychedelic drugs of the 1960s. They argue convincingly for the legal right to incorporate these substances into therapeutic practice."

Neurons to Nirvana: Understanding Psychedelic Medicines

"In depth look at the renaissance in psychedelic drug research in light of current scientific, medical and cultural knowledge. The film explores these socially taboo substances as adjuncts to psychotherapy, as crucial but neglected medicines, and as technologies of consciousness. From Neurons to Nirvana: The Great Medicines features interviews with some of the world's foremost researchers, writers, and pioneers in the growing field of psychedelic psychotherapy. These radical healers and dissenters are using everything from ancient concoctions to newly created designer molecules to the once demonized psychedelic drugs of the 1960s. They argue convincingly for the legal right to incorporate these substances into therapeutic practice."

That sounds great! I'm going to try to get a copy when I have money. I can't torrent as I'm on my dad's capped broadband.

Definitely worth a watch :) could have been edited a bit better there's a few annoying effects through it, overall though liked it a lot