• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

Give 5 me good reasons why EADD social chat shouldn't migrate over to Social.

Should Eadd social chat migrate over to Social?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dear Don,

Can you fix it for me to be able to choose options 3 AND 4?

See what I mean? Our collective walrus consciousness caused us both to make a Saville reference at basically the same time in different threads.

And, no, I cannot fix it. We do not have that technology, I'm afraid :\

See what I mean? Our collective walrus consciousness caused us both to make a Saville reference at basically the same time in different threads.

Yeh, I noticed that - fuckin spooky 8o (actually, that's probably what he's doing right now....)

And, no, I cannot fix it. We do not have that technology, I'm afraid :\

Call yerself a mod???

Last edited:
In order to do that I will need to reset the poll.

This is too much pressure.

That crafty shite Bella is trying to bring down EADD from the inside by stressing out the more fragile mod.

This is EADD; a safe and friendly place where Europeans, Africans and others are welcome to join in generally polite and sensible discussions usually having something to do at least tangentially with drugs. Social is what's left of the old Lounge; a place where Americans historically used to go to be horrible to Europeans and complain that their rights to use words that can refer to spicy meatballs, bundles of firewood, electronic components; or use abbreviated forms for other nationalities besides "Brit" as though they could by definition be no more offensive than that were being trampled on by modstick-wielding Nazis. Imagine graffiti written in wax crayon on the lower reaches of the walls in a filthy school lavatory, only even cruder.

At least one of their taunts fails on me, perhaps due to my own first-hand experience with two very different forms of cat ownership; and I always end up contrasting my mother's fat, spoiled cat who was actually afraid of mice against the streetwise moggies I have reared in my time (one of whom once brought home a pigeon not much smaller than himself, and tried to stash in in Jess's room), which image blots out altogether any connotations of genitalia.

Anyway, according to the sort of people who hang out in Social, I am a filthy pervert putting on a dress in order to gain access to the interior of women's bathrooms (SPOILER ALERT: [spoil]They are exactly the same as men's bathrooms, apart from having disposal bins, no urinals and a different smell[/spoil]), where I will supposedly do something unspeakable to them from inside my locked cubicle; it never occurring to these people that a man wanting to do that sort of thing could more convincingly and with less potential for embarrassment adopt the disguise of a janitor or plumber, and spend as long as he wanted without being questioned -- certainly longer than the length of time normally necessary to do one's business, wipe, flush the chain, wash one's hands, sort out one's make-up and perfume and leave, even if one adds to that time spent waiting for a cubicle to become available -- thus affording all the better opportunity to select a victim. According to the same people, Simon would be a girl.

I have always found EADD to be a place where people are genuinely interested in what others have to say, and freely offer good advice. There is much more of a positive vibe. What piss-taking there is, tends to be more or less consensual. The rubber end on my moderating stick is hardly worn. EADD is definitely not somewhere you need a particularly thick skin just to survive.

All that said, I am perfectly happy with the concept of someone else going and starting an "EADD" thread over in Social -- as long as it's somewhere I don't have to be bothered by it :p If you want to have your sexuality, your parentage and your personal hygiene called into question, please don't let me stop you .....

Fine. Ill keep my sti to myself and shall bother you no more. :p

Btw im pretty happy with my own parentage and sexual orientation and drug use ..dgaf if anyone else has issues. They arent my father and cant tell me what to do!!!

Absolutely -- what other people think of me is none of my business. And by extension, what I think of other people is none of their business.

By further extension, if you think that somebody (such as me) has a particularly nice feature about themselves (such as my arse), there is absolutely no need for you to indicate this appreciation to its subject (such as by shouting "nice arse, duck!"). I am perfectly happy for you to keep your opinions (which, for the record, I happen to share; but that is not the point) regarding the niceness of my arse to yourself -- indeed, I would have remained slightly the happier in ignorance of your opinion, and certainly the happier for not knowing that all the other passengers also knew what you thought about my arse.

But still, you probably don't read Bluelight, so this probably has totally missed its target.

Anyway, EADD just feels more like a home to me. I can't be doing with cultures where it feels like a constant struggle to prove yourself all the time, especially not online when I already get enough of that shit in the Big Blue Room.

How exactly is this thread any different than the majority of all the other threads in Social? The only difference is the designation and it's people. The content is relatively the same. (Minus the drug threads ofcourse)

Absolutely -- what other people think of me is none of my business. And by extension, what I think of other people is none of their business.

By further extension, if you think that somebody (such as me) has a particularly nice feature about themselves (such as my arse), there is absolutely no need for you to indicate this appreciation to its subject (such as by shouting "nice arse, duck!"). I am perfectly happy for you to keep your opinions (which, for the record, I happen to share; but that is not the point) regarding the niceness of my arse to yourself -- indeed, I would have remained slightly the happier in ignorance of your opinion, and certainly the happier for not knowing that all the other passengers also knew what you thought about my arse.

But still, you probably don't read Bluelight, so this probably has totally missed its target.

Anyway, EADD just feels more like a home to me. I can't be doing with cultures where it feels like a constant struggle to prove yourself all the time, especially not online when I already get enough of that shit in the Big Blue Room.

When did I mention you arse?

There are safe space on bluelight besides EADD. It was my home for quite a while too, as were a lot of forums, however the lounge was not one of them.

I didn't realise reading Bluelight was a competition now...

Apologies if this was upsetting to anyone. Just sharing my thoughts as best I can.

Thanks Blue_Phlame.

There are other more personal threads but they could have their places elsewhere on the site...

How exactly is this thread any different than the majority of all the other threads in Social? The only difference is the designation and it's people. The content is relatively the same. (Minus the drug threads ofcourse)

That last part is of major importance. There is not now nor ever has been enough purely drug content to justify a European-only drug discussion forum. The drug and social threads work together in symbiosis to form our lil forum. It's the only format that can conceivably work for the needs of our members and it works just dandyfine the way it does. The fate of the other regional forums should serve as warning to the last one standing...

The community aspect of EADD works to the benefit of both drug and social threads. We trust the advice given in drug threads because we know the advisors so well from the social threads. The intimacy of such a form simply is not replicable any other way.

Social is a decent subforum these days - even I am happy to post there now - but it is a fairly generic intrawebz kinda thing. It's internetz 101. EADD is a weird, archaic and mostly horrendously parochial place that is wrong in almost every way. Except for the ones that really matter. They are not compatible. But that certainly doesn't mean that members can contribute to and enjoy both. Responsibly, of course ;)

When did I mention you arse?
I wasn't talking about you, unless you travel on the no. 38 bus to Asda every day ..... but please put a message in Rush Hour Crush in the Metro first, before you declare your undying ..... Sign it "Sapphire Bluelighter", maybe, and describe yourself a bit so I know who to smile at, when I'm ready ..... I just think we should keep a bit of mystery and romance going, is all ..... And sorry for mistaking you for some random sexist pig on a bus.

(Not sorry actually, if it wasn't you after all but really just some actual random sexist pig on a bus. To them, not you, I mean, obviously.)
The drug and social threads work together in symbiosis to form our lil forum. It's the only format that can conceivably work for the needs of our members and it works just dandyfine the way it does. The fate of the other regional forums should serve as warning to the last one standing...

The community aspect of EADD works to the benefit of both drug and social threads. We trust the advice given in drug threads because we know the advisors so well from the social threads. The intimacy of such a form simply is not replicable any other way.
Absolutely. EADD is like a family, or maybe a village. Our paths cross and we care about one another. Anytime anyone ever goes a long while without posting, someone else will chime in asking after them, are they alright? And we know from the tone and the level of the banter in the more "social" threads exactly how much mind to pay to the same people posting in the more "serious" threads.

I suppose it might just about be possible to mistake a group hug for a circle jerk, if you were viewing it from the outside and could not quite make out all of the fine details. But that's your problem :p

Last edited:
I couldn't stay away. Staying off the droogs for a while but EADD is addictive. Besides who is going to keep FUBAR in line if i am not here.

Not sure the purpose of this thread Bella If you want to participate in Social go right ahead. Personally i much prefer the vibe of EADD. Social is a completely different beast despite what beeper says. Its got a nasty edge that is not usually present here. I cant see many of us wanting to be part of that place.

But knock yourself out if you want to.

I couldn't stay away. Staying off the droogs for a while but EADD is addictive. Besides who is going to keep FUBAR in line if i am not here.

Not sure the purpose of this thread Bella If you want to participate in Social go right ahead. Personally i much prefer the vibe of EADD. Social is a completely different beast despite what beeper says. Its got a nasty edge that is not usually present here. I cant see many of us wanting to be part of that place.

But knock yourself out if you want to.

I knew you'd come crawling back soon. Did you even manage 48 hours? I've had longer wanks...

(You're not having yer drugs back)

I knew you'd come crawling back soon. Did you even manage 48 hours? I've had longer wanks...

(You're not having yer drugs back)
My stash appears to be untouched but if u make it to Australia and can get past the Kotters you are welcome to sample its delights.

I've had to flag this as a bad idea and think EADD should retain it's social aspects/threads.

I've had to flag this as a bad idea and think EADD should retain it's social aspects/threads.
I agree Bear. Why the fuck would we want to remove the social aspect of EADD and join the nasty shitfight that is social. If anyone wants to post there they are free to..myself i have no desire to participate in the venomous pit and i live in Australia where we she our space with the most venomous snakes in the world. Fuck social.

Status
Not open for further replies.